The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone else planning on playing every single AC in the game?

Galbatorrix

Here's my plan...

LS Vanguard

DS Gunslinger

LS Shadow

DS Sentinel

DS Mercenary

LS Operative

DS Sorcerer

DS Juggernaut

And then play through the opposite..

DS Commando

LS Scoundrel

DS Sage

LS Guardian

LS Powertech

DS Sniper

LS Assassin

LS Marauder

All 16 play through should be great as I'll get to play each AC on my first run throughs and on the second run through, I'll get different variations of the story based on alignment... plus it'll take forever, so I'm likely to forget a lot of the story by the time I hit the next play through for any given base class. Plus, there's always WZs and FPs to gain some EXP when I don't feel like messing around with side quests on any given planet.

Anyone else planning to do this? And in case you're wondering, yes, I do have all 16 characters made already. :cool:

Edited by Galbatorrix

Not really. I don't see a point in having a Sniper AND a Gunslinger, for example. And I'm not sure I'd want to go through every class storyline twice. Maybe if I play one dark side, one light side. I might play every 'base' class though.

Not really. I don't see a point in having a Sniper AND a Gunslinger, for example. And I'm not sure I'd want to go through every class storyline twice. Maybe if I play one dark side, one light side. I might play every 'base' class though.

Well, I definitely wouldn't play both smuggler ACs as the same alignment. My Gunslinger will be DS and my Scoundrel lightside. Same goes for the other ACs. I'll want to end up experiencing each story through both light and darkside.

I originally thought no, but now that I've played through the agent story dark sided, I'm dying to see how it diverges by going light side.

So yeah, eventually I'd like to play all 16 classes, each with the alternating voice actor and LS/DS.

Well, I definitely wouldn't play both smuggler ACs as the same alignment. My Gunslinger will be DS and my Scoundrel lightside. Same goes for the other ACs. I'll want to end up experiencing each story through both light and darkside.

Yeah, I admit , there's a big decision at the end of Chapter 1 for Imperial Agents, and I'm really, really tempted to play another one just to see how different things would be.

In addition to doing DS/LS differently, I'd chose a different gender so I can have different romance options.

Probably not ALL of them but i do want to go though each story at least once.. a few i want to do both AC's on like smuggler and consular..

Biggest problem i have with this is that i want them all on the same server and as it is right now i cant do that because of only allowing 8 character on a server, really with they should up to ti at least 10 but sure be 16 so that you can take one of each AC up

So far i got a Op at 50 and a 50 sage working on my gunslinger (38) already have a scoundrel (32) BH (26) sorc (32) and a few others

I won't do all of them but i am working on a Powertech atm even though i have a vanguard. Once it's done i'll probably do an Operative or Sniper but it'll probably end there. Edited by Kabaal

Here's my plan...

LS Vanguard

DS Gunslinger

LS Shadow

DS Sentinel

DS Mercenary

LS Operative

DS Sorcerer

DS Juggernaut

And then play through the opposite..

DS Commando

LS Scoundrel

DS Sage

LS Guardian

LS Powertech

DS Sniper

LS Assassin

LS Marauder

All 16 play through should be great as I'll get to play each AC on my first run throughs and on the second run through, I'll get different variations of the story based on alignment... plus it'll take forever, so I'm likely to forget a lot of the story by the time I hit the next play through for any given base class. Plus, there's always WZs and FPs to gain some EXP when I don't feel like messing around with side quests on any given planet.

Anyone else planning to do this? And in case you're wondering, yes, I do have all 16 characters made already. :cool:

Really no point in it,

1.Story is dependent on the base class AC has no effect on it.

2. Legacy discourages it, unlocks are limited to base class.

(Legacy levels gained have no functional use past 25, only one unlock is above lv15 and its function is redundant).

3. Limited to 8 character slots, also reinforcing number 2

Summery: Stick to 8 base classes until they decide to add legacy perks for AC's or expand the character slot limit from 8 to 16

Nope i have 4 50's republic side , there is no point since the base story is the exact same. for each sides 4 basic classes. I'm also legacy level 46 and when i get to 50 I'm done. there is nothing more to do for me in this game. i have zero interests in leveling on the empire side. there is no point to legacy after level 25. and im not going to wait around and say oh look whats coming in 6 months. Edited by Snakeyees

Really no point in it,

1.Story is dependent on the base class AC has no effect on it.

2. Legacy discourages it, unlocks are limited to base class.

(Legacy levels gained have no functional use past 25, only one unlock is above lv15 and its function is redundant).

3. Limited to 8 character slots, also reinforcing number 2

Summery: Stick to 8 base classes until they decide to add legacy perks for AC's or expand the character slot limit from 8 to 16

I've played my Vanguard to level 40 and I'm constantly wondering how much different it would feel if I chose those darkside choices instead of being a goody two shoes all the time. That's plenty of incentive for me personally to eventually play through the trooper story line again to see how the other half lives, so to speak. ;)

Edited by Galbatorrix

Nope i have 4 50's republic side , there is no point since the base story is the exact same. for each sides 4 basic classes.

You never wondered how much different each of those stories would have felt if you played the opposite alignment? Also, I'm not into playing female characters myself, but I'm sure that would add a big difference as well.

I wont play every AC but I will play all 8 toons and would like to play them on the same server with my friends and guild.

I need more character slots.

Currently I have all 8 filled and 2 slots hold a sage and a shadow. Same story but very different ways to play the same class. BUT...

That means I'm already out one class (character story) altogether. I don't like that.

Thats not good design. More character slots please.

Edited by Quraswren

I've played my Vanguard to level 40 and I'm constantly wondering how much different it would feel if I chose those darkside choices instead of being a goody two shoes all the time. That's plenty of incentive for me personally to eventually play through the trooper story line again to see how the other half lives, so to speak. ;)

Story plays out the same no matter what you choose, Its just the typical RPG "illusion of choice".

Edited by lokivoid

I wont play every AC but I will play the more AC's then just 8.

I need more character slots.

Currently I have all 8 filled and 2 slots hold a sage and a shadow. Same story but very different ways to play the same class. BUT...

That means I'm already out one class (character story) altogether. I don't like that.

Thats not good design. More character slots please.

Especially in a game where the only thing they promote is making more alts..

Nope, I am close but I can't make myself continue. I haven't tried the smuggler or trooper story yet..

I have 50's in

IA -sniper

IA-Op DPS

IA Op healer

BH -healer

SW-Jug

SI-Tankasin

40's in

SW-mar

BH-Merc

BH-Tank

30's in

SI-Sorc

JK-Tank

JC-Healer

JK-Sent

story plays out the same no matter what you choose.

The over all ark, sure, but the journey itself feels different playing the other alignment. Some characters that loved or respected you will hate you and visa versa.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Story plays out the same no matter what you choose, Its just the typical RPG "illusion of choice".

Yeah, I think this is pretty true for all republic classes. It seems your choices only matter with SW and IA. SI might have differences between LS/DS but I haven't gotten past level 20. BH didn't strike me as anything that would matter. I have a level 50 and it seemed the only choices were between freezing someone in carbonite or killing them.

If that's the case I wonder why they've added a new warzone, 2 new flashpoints and one and a half operations since launch?

New Warzone - No Ranked PvP, just another place to watch pubs lose it and then quit halfway.

2 New Flashpoints - Great. I also hear you can't get a group for them if your life depended on it. No LFG tool ftw.

Ops - Even worse than above reason.

Especially in a game where the only thing they promote is making more alts..

While I'm glad you agree with me, I don't agree with you fully.

Sure, BW does promote alts very heavily but it is not the only thing they promote and coming from doing all the end game content (and very limited PVP) I'm quite happy with end game content and how BW had promoted it, designed it and is currently expanding it (minus the bugs of course) both in PVE and what little PVP I have done.

But do they also promote alts heavily? You bet they do but it is by far not the only thing they promote.

However, I want more character slots.

Edited by Quraswren

Nah, the a/c's have mirrors of themselves in the other faction. I plan on playing every AC but there is no way im doing both a Merc and Commando, for example. That is, unless I decide to reroll or switch (like I did with my Shadow>Assassin) but in that case I would abandon/delete the original one. That and im keeping 4 per faction.

P.S MAYBE ... in the future, if im REALLY bored, and already have all my 50's, I may do some classes over and maybe level, a/c, with a different spec or alignment as I did before. For example, say I have a 50 LS Sniper a DS Scoundrel DPS ... id roll a DS Operative Healer. It would mostly be out of boredom though, I can always respec my original toons and DS/LS choices have absolutely no effect on anything you do long term (or past the very quest the choice takes place).

Edited by MasterKayote

Yup! Right now I have:

DS Juggernaut

DS Sentinel

LS Assassin

LS Sage

LS Commando

DS/Grey Powertech

DS Operative

Grey Gunslinger

... but in time I'll very likely add the other eight, trying to flip their alignment each time so the playthroughs feel more unique.

Alignment * Factions * Base Clases* Total Skill trees( 2perAC +1 shared) = 2 * 2 * 4 * 5 = 80 combinations.

80 combinations! :eek:

Are you going to play all of them? I am an Altoholic but, I don't think I will do all of those combinations! ;)

:D