Griefing: Everyone's Problem

Elhanan

Fair enough.

If we're going to take realism, I won't pick and choose.

If you die, you are DEAD. You stuff is gone. You reroll a new level 1.

Either we accept certain things as limitations of the game mechanic, or we put in realism.

Kill-10 is a limit of a game engine, and we deal with it... or we push realism... and count my vote in for perma-death. Cuz getting shot dead while being sliced with a lightsaber... we don't have a handy round one foot droid rez us.

Realism, like, say perma-death, or we accept things like game mechanic limits of event.

Or, if we're picking and choosing, sadly, many won't pick and choose the same things we will. If the majority loves events like these, sucks to be those that hate. Ditto the reverse.

Either way... I'm in...

I gotta be honest, I don't know if you're arguing against my post, or reinforcing it.

Because I'm not saying the game needs to be realistic, I'm saying using realism to defend the stupid event is stupid. Don't blame me because you thought you were brilliant when you decided realism was somehow involved. You're one of the people throwing some pseudo-intellectual nonsense around, about realism, as it pertains to plague events.

You're pretty much adding to my argument.

I'm not picking and choosing s***. YOU are. You're picking what parts of the game and what activities, are based on realism, I'm saying none of it is. ...so...thanks?

I'm saying that PLAGUES, shouldn't be put up, and taken down, like f'ing Christmas lights.

If you're going to do something as horrifying and devastating like a plague, do it well. Don't do some half assed "Plague Party on Tattooine! Come get your prizes!" weak a** bull****.

and when it isn't done well, don't attempt to say it was realistic.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a total of about 10 people griefing the forums with this cry that they didn't want to be infected. A mere handful of players who don't like any change nor wish to have fun.

There is no need to change the game to suit this vocal minority.

Really? Only 10? Seemed like many more than that just last week during the actual Event.....

And a minority is not wrong simply because of smaller numbers; Bioware's latest rule seems to go in line with that 'vocal minority' fairly well.

Yeah it's so realistic I actually got a shot of penicillin for it, and not just for my herpes.

I'm saying that PLAGUES, shouldn't be put up, and taken down, like f'ing Christmas lights.

If you're going to do something as horrifying and devastating like a plague, do it well. Don't do some half assed "Plague Party on Tattooine! Come get your prizes!" weak a** bull****.

I've always felt sorry for those who obviously - as kids - never played enough fun games to learn about suspension of disbelief.

It must be terrible going through adult life without having that ability.

Sorry that you can't have fun :(

Piece out our imperfections with your thoughts;

Into a thousand parts divide on man,

And make imaginary puissance;

Think when we talk of horses, that you see them

Printing their proud hoofs i' the receiving earth;

For 'tis your thoughts that now must deck our kings,

Carry them here and there; jumping o'er times,

Turning the accomplishment of many years

Into an hour-glass: for the which supply,

Shakespeare - Henry V

Really? Only 10? Seemed like many more than that just last week during the actual Event.....

Yep, about 10 people with you doing 90% of the griefing and still continuing with it.

Edited by Bhaers

I've always felt sorry for those who obviously - as kids - never played enough fun games to learn about suspension of disbelief.

It must be terrible going through adult life without having that ability.

Sorry that you can't have fun :(.

Wow, I didn't think anyone could miss the point of something as badly as you did. My post was dripping with sarcasm and of course, you're the first in line, to take it seriously.

I'm 35. I grew up played Atari, then Commodore 64, then Nintendo and Sega, and so forth. Thank you though for the sympathy. It's almost the same sympathy I feel for people too dense to get the joke.

Awesome logical fallacy at the end too. Sorry I can;t haves no funs :(

Reminds me of the "sorry you hate freedom" nonsense Bush supporters used to write off illegal wire tampering.

No you're right, YOUR fun is the ONLY fun.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

Wow, I didn't think anyone could miss the point of something as badly as you did. My post was dripping with sarcasm and of course, you're the first in line, to take it seriously.

Then, as you seem to be unable to write coherently, what was your point?

The plague was unstoppable? That is true, I agree. It was so unstoppable that it lasted an entire week, and cures were limited to standard med vending robots in every town, on every station, everywhere, and in infinite quantities. Besides everywhere though, the plague was totally out of control. It was freakin' apocalyptic.

It was SO catastrophic, that no one is willing to even talk about it anymore, and it's like the memory of the virus and even it's ramifications have faded completely! You can see it in the trauma, despair, and destruction that it didn't leave in it's wake.Thank God no important NPC's were killed...

One small note; some starting Planets did not have the serum, so when those 10th lvl lowbies stepped off the Shuttle, there were only a couple spots to get the vaccine on the Fleet. Now I was infected on the first night, and there were no large Green Gooey mobs to avoid; just the same kind of crowds hanging around the station as before; just this time, one of them went *BOOM*....

Now as far as the story goes, it is making it more difficult to follow a timeline on Taris. It seems that they are working on a serum there, when one is readily available in those shops aforementioned.

Then, as you seem to be unable to write coherently, what was your point?

Oh I write incoherently all the time, However, the post you commented on, was blindingly obvious, even to people who didn't read it. You're the only one showing up with a great big question mark over your head. What is your point? Other than trying to save face.

You got in my face after taking a joke seriously, Suck it up and move on.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

Right.

the event was messed up in so many way that it was not funny at all.

Fun? my fun ends at another nose.

Anyhow, I am of the opinion that PvP ought to be limited strictly to PvP servers.

That is realism... because PvE actually means...player versus environment... Of course you all know that.

What is the point? When I roll on a PvE Server I do not wish to play against other players. Full stop!!!

To force PvE players, having by choice (PvE server) declared not to play to PvP is grieving!!!

To say it with Buffy. Why not PvP on PvE servers? Because it is WRONG! Just as easy as this.

It is wrong!

There are enough PvP server so as to say...those wishing to play PvP on a PvE server are:

1) Cowards not daring to play on PvP servers

2) People who deliberate are out grieving those PvE players ..who in average have not Idea

how to play PvP and hence are easy victims.

Shame on those who PvP on a PvE server. SHAME on YOU!

All starting planets had the serum.

I saw none at the shops on Ord Mantell, or the few starting shops seen on Tython before 3rd. My Trooper waited for Mail from my Main before leaving for the Fleet because of this. While it is true I ain't Sherlock, it would be rather hard to miss at every Stim and Med Station visted for that purpose.

I am not sure about the PvP flagging, i think that may have been a bug and therefore unintentional. So I might consider that griefing, but the disease itself is not.

All it does is give you a debuff and you randomly throw up every now and then. It does not affect your gameplay in anyway. You can still run around and do what you want. When you die, its only a normal death you can revive and the plague is gone, and if you die like that you get 5 dna samples. So I tried to get infected and die as much as I can just for those samples :D

Edited by Zortezurtek

I saw none at the shops on Ord Mantell, or the few starting shops seen on Tython before 3rd. My Trooper waited for Mail from my Main before leaving for the Fleet because of this. While it is true I ain't Sherlock, it would be rather hard to miss at every Stim and Med Station visted for that purpose.

You could get it from and Stim vendor on Fleet. Even if you were infected, you take serum and no longer are infected. Plus, you would get several hours of protection from futher infection.

I am honestly not sure if the OP is seriously QQing or attempting to troll?

But seriously, I saw nothing of the sort on my server. Yes, we had plague parties on Fleet, but that was just one group of people in one area by the Bank kiosks closest to the Market area. People were actually SOCIALIZING for a change. I ended the event with a ton of vaccines on all my toons, so those people who are still doing it on Fleet are not even a factor. lol

Right.

the event was messed up in so many way that it was not funny at all.

Fun? my fun ends at another nose.

Anyhow, I am of the opinion that PvP ought to be limited strictly to PvP servers.

That is realism... because PvE actually means...player versus environment... Of course you all know that.

What is the point? When I roll on a PvE Server I do not wish to play against other players. Full stop!!!

To force PvE players, having by choice (PvE server) declared not to play to PvP is grieving!!!

To say it with Buffy. Why not PvP on PvE servers? Because it is WRONG! Just as easy as this.

It is wrong!

There are enough PvP server so as to say...those wishing to play PvP on a PvE server are:

1) Cowards not daring to play on PvP servers

2) People who deliberate are out grieving those PvE players ..who in average have not Idea

how to play PvP and hence are easy victims.

Shame on those who PvP on a PvE server. SHAME on YOU!

And here is where I differ opinions from you. Do I think they need to make it where you can take no actions that will flag you? Yes. Nothing should make me flag except going into imp territory, going into pvp areas, joining wz, or right clicking your name and clicking flag on. You should not be able to heal a flagged player. Or buff them. Unless you manually change your flag first. End of story.

Should they remove it from the server? No. I like open world pvp. But I like it only when I want it. That is why I joined a pve server. So nobody can decide that while I am fighting an elite is a good time to fight me. I didn't join it because I never want to see it.

As for this plague, remember I have posted many times, in this thread and others, that it should not have been possible to have my flag changed by someone else. I was griefed because of it. But I still believe it is a bug. I have no doubt if they want to keep players happy that they will fix that type of.mechanic and not force pvp on others.

But do not demand that they remove part of the game from servers because you don't enjoy it. That is one of the most selfish things someone has posted in a while...

You could get it from and Stim vendor on Fleet. Even if you were infected, you take serum and no longer are infected. Plus, you would get several hours of protection from futher infection.

This is still a poor thing to say. Several hours, or until you die. Which makes death very very expensive. It was poorly done. Since the plague lasted through death, the vaccine should have as well. Womp rat fever medicine does. They know how to program it in. Next time some event comes around, I still hope they keep this in mind. It was just too costly. And it should have survived death.

I gotta be honest, I don't know if you're arguing against my post, or reinforcing it.

Because I'm not saying the game needs to be realistic, I'm saying using realism to defend the stupid event is stupid. Don't blame me because you thought you were brilliant when you decided realism was somehow involved. You're one of the people throwing some pseudo-intellectual nonsense around, about realism, as it pertains to plague events.

You're pretty much adding to my argument.

I'm not picking and choosing s***. YOU are. You're picking what parts of the game and what activities, are based on realism, I'm saying none of it is. ...so...thanks?

The plague was unstoppable? That is true, I agree. It was so unstoppable that it lasted an entire week, and cures were limited to standard med vending robots in every town, on every station, everywhere, and in infinite quantities. Besides everywhere though, the plague was totally out of control. It was freakin' apocalyptic.

It was SO catastrophic, that no one is willing to even talk about it anymore, and it's like the memory of the virus and even it's ramifications have faded completely! You can see it in the trauma, despair, and destruction that it didn't leave in it's wake.Thank God no important NPC's were killed...

Both posts have such brilliant biting sarcasm that I can't stop laughing. The funniest part of them is they are so spot on the mark, that nothing I could say would better articulate how I also felt about the plague.

Edited by Drakkip

If you were logged in 24-7, it'd take you less than thirty vaccines to ignore the entire rest of the event; vaccines were available for low-cost purchase, from quests that gave significant amounts of money or experience, or for FREE if you'd just bothered to ask players that were actually doing the event. If asking in general for a couple of vaccines is too much effort to ignore the rest of it, you may have more significant problems than just not being able to play the exact way you want 100% of the time.

unless you died...which does happen to some people in this game. the vaccine did not persist after death. so thank you for playing..you are the weakest link.

This is still a poor thing to say. Several hours, or until you die. Which makes death very very expensive. It was poorly done. Since the plague lasted through death, the vaccine should have as well. Womp rat fever medicine does. They know how to program it in. Next time some event comes around, I still hope they keep this in mind. It was just too costly. And it should have survived death.

How was the death very very expensive? It caused no damage to your gear and unless you are dying all the time it was simple 10 second timer to respawn. And of course that is also assuming you are just being hounded and infected over and over(which aside from the fleet and tatooine is highly unlikely. I mean some dude isn't hanging out on voss hoping to track down that one guy he can infect over and over) And once you died the plague was gone too. You had to get reinfected if you wanted to go boom again.

Was there some people abusing the flagging for PvP mechanic on tatooine? Sure i don't deny it but Flagging for PvP on the fleet is pointless since after 5 min it unflags and not alot of the other faction is hanging out at your fleet. And freaking out about flagging for PvP before you hit tatooine in your story is also pointless since tatooine is the first place you would see the opposite faction. My level 50 got infected a bunch of times and got all the goodies. my level 21(at the time) went all the way through tatooine and multiple trips to the fleet without getting infected much less infected to the point where i have gone bankrupt shooting up vaccines like they are tic tacs.

Honestly, take it easy there Sheela. It was a plague event. A good one at that. Bioware did a good job.

I especially like exploding in the end zone of Hutball! Watching every stop and wretch was a LOL!

Stop and smell the rotting flesh every once in a while.

Not sure if I'm really posting this in the right place, but I notice folks are discussing the silly plague event as if it's over. I know the vendor is gone and the dailies too, but the damn plague is still being passed around non-stop on my server (Ebon Hawk), especially among the PvP crowd where the so-called vaccine is pointless as you do generally die once in a while (or a lot) while pvping and the cure doesn't persist through death.

Was the plague supposed to have been removed?

Not sure if I'm really posting this in the right place, but I notice folks are discussing the silly plague event as if it's over. I know the vendor is gone and the dailies too, but the damn plague is still being passed around non-stop on my server (Ebon Hawk), especially among the PvP crowd where the so-called vaccine is pointless as you do generally die once in a while (or a lot) while pvping and the cure doesn't persist through death.

Was the plague supposed to have been removed?

Maybe this is the reason for the unplanned maintenance tonight.

It is a Plague; did not want to catch it in the first place. And having people camp aboard the Fleet areas with the serum is inconsiderate of other Players.

That said, the point is that serum was not available everywhere AFAIK.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.