The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for nothing with Transfers

Britzer

Or just being a smart company and being pre-emptive about server populations, whether it be a lot or a little, this is always a smart decision.

Or they could be BW and make 10 servers, then 100 when those 10 fill up, then wonder why 80% of their servers are ghost towns..

FYI I agree that some way to bring players together (server merge or character transfer) should have been ready for launch.

But it's worth pointing out that in the early access there were few servers with more added each day and the majority were full to the point of queuing. It's not as if they just randomly decided to have loads of servers.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what you do in the forums. You come and state your opinion. Some are negative, some are positive, but mostly negative..

Yeah, I got that, but the old _____ Game is coming out, so BEWARE BIOWARE!!!!

...is getting old quick. Try something new, or just cut sling and go play the ____ Game you're crowing about.

ROFL i never looked at the front page of ToR, i never had any USE TO LOOK.

Doesn't matter i will be jumping ship to D3 / Guild Wars 2 anyway, this game has gotten to me and it just keeps going down hill

Not looking on the main page on an MMO site...which highlights key events, etc........yeah.....

/ lost all credability.

I'm not an Aussie but i think it's BS that you even get the option before anyone else with the way servers are going Server transfers should be de facto at this point.

Really?

Aussies are beta testing the half-developed character transfer process for us.

Given the potential loss of character data I'm happy to let them do so.

Seriously guys and gals, what happened to just playing video games and enjoying them until the next big game comes out?

I mean, for the life of me I can't see myself ever saying (back in the 80's), "Zelda sucks, they need to merge servers because I only see 1 person in Hyrule. Metroid is coming out soon, so all you Zelda fanbois can enjoy your fail game."

/sigh

I miss the old days of gaming ...

It's seems most of these people are incapable of liking more than one thing at a time. A year and a half ago they were all in WoW telling the players there how WoW sucked and Rift is better in beta. Six months ago they were telling Rift players how much better ToR was going to be. Today we get to hear about how GW2 cures cancer. In a couple of months they will be telling all the GW2 fans how much better The Secret World is and the cycle will continue.

Edited by Sireene
quote of removed post

If that's you are coming away with from what people are posting you have seriously lacking comprehension skills. Basically all anyone is saying is that GW2 is not going to be your life's savior. It's also kinda hilarious that you are calling people fanboys when that is exactly how you are acting, like a GW2 fanboy. Sorry, I'll be playing, and most likely enjoying, both games.

I thought the rule was 1 game at a time???

Hey everybody!

We recently had to remove several posts as they were off-topic to this thread. Please keep all replies on-topic, constructive, and respectful of others regardless of differences in opinion.

Thanks!

Hey everybody!

We recently had to remove several posts as they were off-topic to this thread. Please keep all replies on-topic, constructive, and respectful of others regardless of differences in opinion.

Thanks!

I honestly think that the forum moderators (like you) should be working on the whole server transfer ordeal. Why? Because I see more feedback from you people moderating forums than any other aspect of this game. Don't get me wrong, I love SWTOR, but damn, I think you guys are putting way too many resources in places that really aren't necessary. I have never seen a game that moderates as fast and as hard as this one does.

Anyways, keep on gaming ladies and gentlemen, keep on gaming ...

I honestly think that the forum moderators (like you) should be working on the whole server transfer ordeal. Why? Because I see more feedback from you people moderating forums than any other aspect of this game. Don't get me wrong, I love SWTOR, but damn, I think you guys are putting way too many resources in places that really aren't necessary. I have never seen a game that moderates as fast and as hard as this one does.

The forum mods are busy trying to prevent their forums from turning into the WoW general forums, aka the cesspit of the internet. It's an uphill battle in the rain but they're trying hard.

As to the topic about transfers, I received the email informing me I was eligible for a realm transfer. I love hanging out with my guild mates so I'll be staying put.

Oh you should have seen Rift when it had a heavy population. Walshingham and others were moderating fools over there.

So you want forum moderators to do work in the game instead of what they were hired to do?

You so funny...

Doesn't matter i will be jumping ship to D3 / Guild Wars 2 anyway, this game has gotten to me and it just keeps going down hill

That's your epic fail, not BioWare's.

To the OP: from an Aussie,

So wait you didn't lhe look at the games main site, email, didn't look at any other gaming site, and wait for it, didn't even look at the launcher, nor pay attention to server chat about it IN GAME, because it was mentioned multiple times at all of these places.

So saying you didn't know and blaming BW is just your ignorance to admit you stuffed up.

Sorry this is completely YOUR OWN fault. BW can't force you to open your eyes and pay attention.

Edited by Ykicka

Failware swears that this is only the first stage of APAC transfers. Given how long it took them to get around to this one, newer games that hopefully aren't as poorly coded will be out by the time they announce the second wave. I'm not sure about GW2 but yeah save your money for a game that actually works and doesn't have sound issues, doesn't have pvp balance issues, doesn't have patcher issues, doesn't have population issues (either too low like most, or too many like the Fatman), doesn't have horrible turnaround by CS, has crafting that actually serves a point, has actual endgame content instead of the same tired FPs but now on Hard Mode, has decent fps, has low lag, has forums that aren't full of rabid fanbois who atttack anyone who even remotely critisize the game, has a dev team with a clue (just removed the sage/sorc ability and had no idea what to replace it with? ***), did I miss anything?

You'll be waiting a *LONG* time for this. PM Me when this happens, because I would like to see it happen.

Two things:

First of all, If this is your attitude about looking for info, "I don't look at the front page" Don't ever leave mommies house, power companies will just shut off ya power, internet will turn off service, and collegeswill drop you, they don't care if you say "I didnt know." Most of the real world letsya know on websites or by phone or whatever. Not getting the bill is no excuse to them.

Second: If you already leaving, theres the door, don't let it hit ya backside.

I am so sick of Guild wars, and I don't even know anything about it. Its like wow, I don't know anything about it, but all the leet players and wow kids have convinced me to never try it.

Hello!

We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for further constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

Thanks.