Healers

Aaoogaa

Today during warzones my sentinel bud and I were focusing on healers like we always do. The results were pretty much a standard since 1.2

Sorc - Dead in 4-6 seconds

BH - Dead in 4-6 seconds

Operative - Dead or vanish 15-20 seconds

So either fix the other two healers (I support this) or nerf operative/scoundrel survivability to match the uselessness of the other healers. The difference is night and day right now.

Edited by Aaoogaa

Today during warzones my sentinel bud and I were focusing on healers like we always do. The results were pretty much a standard since 1.2

BH - Dead in 4-6 seconds

So either fix the other two healers (I support this) or nerf operative/scoundrel survivability to match the uselessness of the other healers. The difference is night and day right now.

Nice plug of a sentinel in all this and poor attempt to subtlety about how UP healers are now.

Your last ten post are all qq'ing about how commandos got hosed and so forth...

You really think your fooling anyone?

Edited by Blloodbane

i only played my Bodyguard 2 days after 1.2 only die 2-3 time in a match. solo q. not say merc heal are fine, but it think it on par what bioware wants us to be.

been playing vanguard, i notice ops healer is too hard to take down. worst part is, i never see them heal. my bg is doing emotes while casting insta heal. i wonder how many insta heal they have.

what is the survivability that operative healer gets? get that healer down to 30% health when they start spamming their instant heal and then stun and it's all done, they dont have more survivability than BH. they are the same like sorc/BH except heal basically over time and can run around in the field while healing which makes them most mobile.

Whats the point of having healers in the game then if you want them all down in under 6 seconds?

Im sure you'll be happy when your pocket healer goes down at the same rate judging by this?

BH Merc's specced correctly are difficult to take down as are commando's although they are usually healing others not themselves.

Op' s and smugglers are now the OP healers and yes can be hard to beat down but then if you are using your stuns and interuppts correctly they are no more difficult than any other class.

When I have at least one tank or DPS in my premade helping me out with dps trying to put me down, me as commando healer just don't die - easily.

On the other hand as a healer I can feel the difference between bad and good dps. One good dps can can hurt like 3 noobs.

Healing being broken is making pvp die with them. Ranked warzones will spell the end for bh and sorc heals. Unless ur a bad dps heals were soloable pre 1.2. Go buy a training dummy and learn to play. Healing is horrible in pvp now especially fr bh healers. The issue is dps are carebears and want everything handed to them. Now bioware did that and wht a suprise subs dropped from 1.7 to 1.2 at the end of march if you dnt beleive me go ahead and read this.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/star_wars_the_old_republic/news/star_wars_the_old_republic_subscription_numbers_already_dropping.html

What a suprise patch 1.2 really was something people looked forward too lol sure. Fix pvp. Pvers only hang out as long as new challenging content is coming out which bioware cant make if u have even tried a raid. Any group even half worth their weight can clear all content in a day. Pvpers keep games going even if we have 2 warzones if the gameplay is good pvpers will play it forever. I still log into wow wit the same people ive played with s1 to do arena.

Stop making it a gibfest bioware people want to be able to use more then 4 abilities before they die. Without good heaing that wonthappen. Crybabys who dont know how to inerupt or cc or save cds shouldnt be in pvp. If you are a player against strong healing then why even use expertise gear? Its a self bubble basically. Unless of course ur just hypocrits?

what is the survivability that operative healer gets? get that healer down to 30% health when they start spamming their instant heal and then stun and it's all done, they dont have more survivability than BH. they are the same like sorc/BH except heal basically over time and can run around in the field while healing which makes them most mobile.

1 focus'd DPS can easily outdamage the ~1.5k healing Surgical Probe puts out.

healing is broken If you are having trouble killing any healing class post 1.2 you really need to read the swtor handbook for nubs.. i play a oper and by no chance we are oped, we are the squichiest of em all.... btw bioware

can we take our healing companions to wz, since healers are going dps now ?

BH - Dead in 4-6 seconds

Freaking Ditto...holy hell, there's one OP healer that I will not leave alone....I mark her at the beginning and won't stop targeting her til she's dead.....maybe 1-2 times...mostly 0

I put an armor and healing debuff on her: "reduces the target's armor by 20% for 45 seconds. Additionally inflicts trauma for 9 seconds, reducing all healing the target receives by 20%"

I try to interrupt, but her staples are instant heals(must have very high alacrity), she LOSs like no other. Only if we can get 3 people on her do we have a chance, 4 people alone on her still would take about 8-9 secs, she never stops for longer than a half sec.

What I don't get is her energy, how does she NEVER run out.....she takes dmg, I can hit , but her HP is back up in No Time Flat, and she always has 3 probes floating on her, green gass coming out her azz, Kolto this, kolto that.

Playing a Scoundrel mirror my energy will run out if I don't take like a 2 secs break in between skills......she doesn't have that problem.

Well. It's very easy for all healers to negate a gunslinger/sniper dps. Especially if they know how your class works (like I do).

My personnal scale to measure survivability of healers has always been the time you can survive a marauder/sentinel in Juyo spec. Because they are the true predators of healers.

Why ? Because a good Juyo-er will eat every single gcd of the healer he targets, and will eventually kill him (not counting huttball, where sorcs/sages grossly overpower the other healers).

The results are quite balanced actually.

Mobility = survivability. Maras cant self cleanse often, you can cleanse their move speed debuffs, they shouldnt ever catch you for more than a few seconds at a time or when there's more than one of them. 1v1 on my scoundrel I have never died to a Mara except when my teams being massively pressure and I'm trying to keep them up at the same time as keeping myself up and we tend to all die close to the same time.

Whats the point of having healers in the game then if you want them all down in under 6 seconds?

Yea. I really can't help but think this every time I try to bite the bullet and pvp on my sorc. ...Why am I even here? All I do is die.

Go on my under geared OP and out heal my full BM sorc....just ridiculous.

BH - Dead in 4-6 seconds

Close but not quite. I play all three healers. You are dead on with the sorcerer healers. My merc has a touch more survivability than what you mention because I can avoid more interrupts and I am beefier than a sorc.

My operative, you wont kill period if have my cool downs available. I can snare, stun, and flash bang as CC options. I use cool downs to shield probe or dodge attacks for 3 seconds. I can't be interrupted period under 30% health unless you stun me ...and if all else fails, I disappear into thin air.

Honestly, operative would be borderline overpowered with the old TTK ...but are about balanced with the current TTK. Sorcs are scewed though.

Easy to kill an op healer if you have played one before. Remember, they get free, instant cast heals around 25%. So, don't blow all your cooldowns right out of the gate.

I usually do as follows: Low cooldown until 25% (usually about 5-8 seconds).

Then I do my burst rotation (im a vanguard so that helps too, but my marauder has no problems either). 30% of 16K is about 3.5ish. No problem here, just don't go mindlessly spamming your dps buttons.

Close but not quite. I play all three healers. You are dead on with the sorcerer healers. My merc has a touch more survivability than what you mention because I can avoid more interrupts and I am beefier than a sorc.

My operative, you wont kill period if have my cool downs available. I can snare, stun, and flash bang as CC options. I use cool downs to shield probe or dodge attacks for 3 seconds. I can't be interrupted period under 30% health unless you stun me ...and if all else fails, I disappear into thin air.

Honestly, operative would be borderline overpowered with the old TTK ...but are about balanced with the current TTK. Sorcs are scewed though.

This person does not play an Op.

For OP Healers what really frustrates them I know it does. Is to snare them good and often, They like being able to run around fast and heal on the fly, run around a corner, heal ect. I harrassed one the other night a good foe of mine, all match long snare,snare,snare,snare I DPS when I could, but it seemed work because his team ususally wins and I was not in a premade with people I have never seen before and pow we won.

Maybe it was just him and his playstyle and the slow movement threw him off alot, but I can say that was one of his worst games as he had to keep himself healed the enitre match as I was the only one on him, I really dont think anyone else touched him

Stun the Op when he gets less than 30 percent (or close enough). He dead.

^ This. I play an Ops healer and many times people will get me with this. What some people forget is Ops have long cool downs and all our "Insta-heals" people THINK we have are very situation and heal very little. If we are spamming that, we are doing nothing else.

As for Sorcs, Knockback and Sprint away with a Bubble + your own insta-Heal. If you cannot use that to stay alive, please /quit.

Edited by Raific

Heal spec was not nerfed...

Heal Spec was a joke before they Fixed it. All healers are decent now. They have not made Ops healers much better, they just made it so they are not so frustrating to play anymore with the silly micro managing the TAs and Spray Cans.

Further more, I am not sure why every thinks you should be able to solo kill a healer. Healers SHOULD be hard to kill. If they were not, no one would play one in PvP. We are the first to get marked and normally have a parade following us trying to kill us. Even now Healers are not abundant in PVP. Keep up your B****ing and you will find yourself more and more in a match with no healer. Then you can B**** about that too.

This person does not play an Op.

Yes I do. In fact, it is the only of my three healing classes I enjoy playing right now because it is the most viable.

Do you play an op decently? If you did, you would know I am dead on accurate.

^ This. I play an Ops healer and many times people will get me with this. What some people forget is Ops have long cool downs and all our "Insta-heals" people THINK we have are very situation and heal very little. If we are spamming that, we are doing nothing else.

As for Sorcs, Knockback and Sprint away with a Bubble + your own insta-Heal. If you cannot use that to stay alive, please /quit.

First, you are a bad operative if thats what you believe.

Secondly, you are clueless about sorcs if that is what you believe.

Heal Spec was a joke before they Fixed it. All healers are decent now. They have not made Ops healers much better, they just made it so they are not so frustrating to play anymore with the silly micro managing the TAs and Spray Cans.

Further more, I am not sure why every thinks you should be able to solo kill a healer. Healers SHOULD be hard to kill. If they were not, no one would play one in PvP. We are the first to get marked and normally have a parade following us trying to kill us. Even now Healers are not abundant in PVP. Keep up your B****ing and you will find yourself more and more in a match with no healer. Then you can B**** about that too.

I am a merc healer btw. I was just saying op healing was not nerfed. They are now on-par or better than the other 2 healing classes. 1v1 healers should be able to survive yea...but pre 1.2 we could survive 3v1 for way too long.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.