Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will hit for less, of course, but your consistency will be much better.

Sidenote:

Also I do not support bugged gear / bolster systems, therefore do not expect me to post anything related to gearing up for an issue that will eventually be fixed.

Like the matrix relics glitch when it makes u better of even compare to conq relics? :)

Don't expect this and all other issues of bolster being fixed before 2.4

Edited by Tordis

I seem to be missing something here. The armory profile currently listed uses a Generator rather than a Shield -- given that force and tech attacks can now be shielded, but that you're only getting a total of 15% shielding chance from Combat Technique only, double-bladed saber defense and elusiveness don't seem to be well utilised...

Hiya, that is the DPS armory. (Mine)

Tank armory can be found here:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/4484a39b-0b9e-4f57-918e-c8e06a9b584f

Credit: Zabuza

There is no reason to take any crit at all whatsoever for any class. This applies doubly to the shadow which has on demand crits all the time. Not only is crit a loss of burst damage it averages out to be a loss in sustained damage. I would advise changing that for the people interested in min/maxing.

There is no reason to take any crit at all whatsoever for any class. This applies doubly to the shadow which has on demand crits all the time. Not only is crit a loss of burst damage it averages out to be a loss in sustained damage. I would advise changing that for the people interested in min/maxing.

This simply isn't the case for maximum overall damage output. I've already tried low crit. It's good for seeing big numbers, but not consistency. You need crit if you are running Deception/Infiltration. 25% (Buffed) Is the prime number.

Edited by Xinika

Even with 3/3 Force Synergy, your Shadow Strike isn't a guaranteed crit, so melee attacks are not "on demand" (or auto) crits. Force attacks are obvious.

Opinion is opinion.

It's not an opinion when the math supports it. Look at any of the PvE parses and builds. Here's a decent thread on the topic http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616760. Conclusion: power wins in sustained damage and power wins in burst damage.

It's not an opinion when the math supports it. Look at any of the PvE parses and builds. Here's a decent thread on the topic http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616760. Conclusion: power wins in sustained damage and power wins in burst damage.

This is for the Sage class. Who, btw, have auto-crits on procs. Shadows do not.

Edited by Xinika

This simply isn't the case for maximum overall damage output. I've already tried low crit. It's good for seeing big numbers, but not consistency. You need crit if you are running Deception/Infiltration. 25% (Buffed) Is the prime number.

How did you wind up at 25%? Why is that -the- number. There's been lots of math and theorycrafting that has determined crit to be largely useless for any class. If you know something I don't, please share. Otherwise saying 25% crit feels good to me therefore it is the best is not even remotely empirical.

Good thing we aren't talking about PvE. The way Infiltration is designed, the spec performs better when you have a slightly lower average, with more big spikes. Very different from Sages. Try researching the right class.

This is for the Sage class. Who, btw, have auto-crits on procs. Shadows do not.

That spreadsheet was for the BALANCE sage spec which does not have auto crits beyond potency. Guess what class does have auto crits all the time from force potency. Shadow!

Good thing we aren't talking about PvE. The way Infiltration is designed, the spec performs better when you have a slightly lower average, with more big spikes. Very different from Sages. Try researching the right class.

Power is the definition of spiking. Crit gives you both a lower average and lower spikes. How is this hard to comprehend?

Guess what class does have auto crits all the time from force potency. Shadow!

False, and this conversation is over. Go troll another thread.

FP = 60% Crit.

Edit: Another thing to note WHY Infi. Shadows need crit.

Surging Charge procs

45% Extra Shock / Extra Project

VS / CS (Which has nothing to do with FP)

Maul / SS (Nothing to do with FP)

Half the class is still Melee. The major 'hitter' comes from melee.

Edited by Xinika

That spreadsheet was for the BALANCE sage spec which does not have auto crits beyond potency. Guess what class does have auto crits all the time from force potency. Shadow!

Please, just stop posting. It's not auto crit, we don't get Potency "all the time" and lots of our damage is from non-force attacks, which don't get potency. Away troll.

Edited by RankorSSGS

How did you wind up at 25%? Why is that -the- number. There's been lots of math and theorycrafting that has determined crit to be largely useless for any class. If you know something I don't, please share. Otherwise saying 25% crit feels good to me therefore it is the best is not even remotely empirical.

you can just look an inf skill tree and common sense should give you an idea that crit is needed because that is where our major damage comes from.

or you can parse on a dummy and see that all power with 18% crit parses much lower than 25%+ crit.

Edited by MiaRB

False, and this conversation is over. Go troll another thread.

FP = 60% Crit.

Unfortunately for you, just shouting loudly at someone that they are wrong without backing up your claims will not stop me from posting. I'll ask again, do you have anything to support your claim that any amount of crit beats power? Or why 25%? This is not trolling, I'm asking for reasons beyond vague shadows need crit rubbish. And FP is auto crit for the purposes of any damage calculation because you will use all three charges every time whether or not they come when you want them to.

you can just look an inf skill tree and common sense should give you an idea that crit is needed because that is where our major damage comes from.

or you can parse on a dummy and see that all power with 18% crit parses much lower than 25%+ crit.

Link please?

Unfortunately for you, just shouting loudly at someone that they are wrong without backing up your claims will not stop me from posting. I'll ask again, do you have anything to support your claim that any amount of crit beats power? Or why 25%? This is not trolling, I'm asking for reasons beyond vague shadows need crit rubbish. And FP is auto crit for the purposes of any damage calculation because you will use all three charges every time whether or not they come when you want them to.

There's nothing more to say to someone who's determined to cause ruckus. It's very simple, setup a parse yourself and go test if you don't have the common sense to identify your own tree / abilities.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645706&page=2

With 18.25% Crit ~ 3:07 - 2060.4 DPS

Maul - 31%

Shock - 20%

Discharge 14%

Voltiac Slash - 13%

Surging Charge - 10%

With 22.05% Crit ~ 3:07 - 2243.7 DPS

Maul - 28%

Shock - 20%

Discharge - 16%

Voltiac Slash - 14%

Surging Charge 11%

(The rest of the percentages are in Saber Strike & Low Slash.)

-Aetrus

Also...

I remember last year when you were the one that spoke in need of crit. Now, you're definitely right.;)