Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika

Hi hi , Xinika!! Im sorry for the really really noob question!! But im close to hit 50 today, (two lvls away on valor too) so id like to know wich Blademaster gear should i pick?

Im using the 23/1/17 or something, cant remember exactly right now, build but il try yours after i hit 50.

Ty!

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hi , Xinika!! Im sorry for the really really noob question!! But im close to hit 50 today, (two lvls away on valor too) so id like to know wich Blademaster gear should i pick?

Im using the 23/1/17 or something, cant remember exactly right now, build but il try yours after i hit 50.

Ty!

I'm guessing with blademaster you mean battlemaster :D that would be the stalker set for damage or survivor for tanking, I'd recommend stalker with that spec

I'm guessing with blademaster you mean battlemaster :D that would be the stalker set for damage or survivor for tanking, I'd recommend stalker with that spec

LOL yes battlemaster, sorry, (Blademaster its from another game XD) Tyvm!. With "that spec" you mean the 23/1/17?

LOL yes battlemaster, sorry, (Blademaster its from another game XD) Tyvm!. With "that spec" you mean the 23/1/17?

Stalker set can be used for a variety of DPS options such as Balance, Infil or KC. It's not necessarily restricted to one spec.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting and maintaining this guide. Since coming back, I have been toying with a shadow, really liking the story, and it has been a challenge to get use to it. I end up playing a thief/rogue/stealther in most other games, and this guide helps a great deal.

Thanks for posting and maintaining this guide. Since coming back, I have been toying with a shadow, really liking the story, and it has been a challenge to get use to it. I end up playing a thief/rogue/stealther in most other games, and this guide helps a great deal.

Glad it helps and good luck.

Unfortunately, Internet Explorer is not going to be updated anytime soon.

I did lol irl.

Edited by Xinika

• 2 weeks later...
Now that 1.3 is releasd and tanking spec got nerfed, what do you recommend to spec for shadow pvp?

This is the answer I'm waiting for, although I believe you did address that issue by saying that Kinetic was still strong. Just not as strong.

I'm PvE who used a 31 KC build. My big problem with 1.3 is that my best friend in the game is a DPS Counselor Sage. Now that I'm not the tank I used to be, we're in a dilemma. We have to ask whether two DPS are really viable, particularly in boss fights.

I had no problem with the patch with the KC build until getting into a tough boss fight. Then I died rapidly. The 1.3 patch reduced survivability while greatly boosting threat generation. Therefore, the boss stuck to me like a bulldog while I died faster than the healer that my friend and I teamed up with could stem the damage.

So now I wonder if using force technique would cool down the threat generation and if force strike would make up for what I lost in other things by not having Combat Technique available. I hated to give up kinetic ward and force pull, so did what I could to keep them. When I was done on the skill calculator, the feeling that the build was familiar was overwhelming. I didn't recognize it right off. Then a look through your Youtube videos solved the mystery: It was your 23/1/17 build, almost a direct copy.

Yet you don't have your 23/1/17 build in this latest post. What is your recommendation on that in light of 1.3?

I absolute hate my Shadow Tank in PVP. I'm so upset that the Guardian became the premiere Tanky tanky with all their utility. I don;t even play my Shadow in PVP anymore. Although I don;t even PvP anymore at 50 because it's so broken. One thing is a fact, Bioware has no concept of what PvP should be like.

Now that 1.3 is releasd and tanking spec got nerfed, what do you recommend to spec for shadow pvp?

Depends on your group to be honest. Every spec can work even though we are very replaceable and arguably the last class that is truly needed. So what group setup are you running in ranked? If not ranked, are you talking about normal warzones?

Depends on your group to be honest. Every spec can work even though we are very replaceable and arguably the last class that is truly needed. So what group setup are you running in ranked? If not ranked, are you talking about normal warzones?

Well which spec to you prefer to play in warzones in general ( reg and ranked alike)? Do you still prefer the balance/madness. Also in the past expertise was not really something to put points in. Is there a reason why you now put 2 pts in expertise, instead of maybe the utility of reduced cd on force run and force shroud.

Well which spec to you prefer to play in warzones in general ( reg and ranked alike)? Do you still prefer the balance/madness. Also in the past expertise was not really something to put points in. Is there a reason why you now put 2 pts in expertise, instead of maybe the utility of reduced cd on force run and force shroud.

Normal

(In order of preference)

KC

Infil

Balance

Ranked

(In order of preference)

Balance

Infil

KC

Edited by Xinika

OP updated to support 1.3 changes.

what about arika in normal and rated ? above inf ?

13/28 has rarely been used due to time schedules :/. Most the time I have to get ready for ranked and or was in the process of testing pure specs first. Hybrids haven't been used much at all since 1.3 from me.

Edited by Xinika

Is there a reason why you now put 2 pts in expertise, instead of maybe the utility of reduced cd on force run and force shroud.

Two points in Expertise? What have I missed?

Edited by Okema

Thank you for this wonderful guide! I have only one question so far - could you please tell me, if you don't use Shadow Strike in Balance spec, why do you put 3 points into Infiltration Tactics?

Thank you once again!