Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika

So say I buy full Partisan, instead of buying the conqueror pieces, I should just slowly buy the mods/enhancements as I go? Is that what youre saying? Edited by Siknan

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm confused by the infiltration section of the guide, where do these numbers come from? And aren't EP values going to change with gear, so how can you do a BiS by percentages and not list ratings? Also, how did you come to the conclusion of needing 24-25% crit, is there any math to back up the ~300 crit rating vs ~300 power?

I'm confused by the infiltration section of the guide, where do these numbers come from? And aren't EP values going to change with gear, so how can you do a BiS by percentages and not list ratings? Also, how did you come to the conclusion of needing 24-25% crit, is there any math to back up the ~300 crit rating vs ~300 power?

Pve or pvp section? because the pvp section doesn't say 25% it states 21-23%

I'm confused by the infiltration section of the guide, where do these numbers come from?

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b17b1b77-4ec8-4d9e-866d-16e02394559e

and

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-1183.html

or

Willpower 2624

Strength 155

Power 1586

Force Power 2012 (from weapons)

Crit Rating 285

Surge Rating 395

Accuracy 474

Alacrity 0

-mmery

These stats haven't been updated to reflect Kell Dragon gear yet, but will be in the near future.

Also, how did you come to the conclusion of needing 24-25% crit, is there any math to back up the ~300 crit rating vs ~300 power?

If you check the above armories, you'll understand why the % crit is so high. It's not in fact, geared toward crit, but rather geared for power with high WP.

Edited by Xinika

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b17b1b77-4ec8-4d9e-866d-16e02394559e

and

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-1183.html

or

These stats haven't been updated to reflect Kell Dragon gear yet, but will be in the near future.

If you check the above armories, you'll understand why the % crit is so high. It's not in fact, geared toward crit, but rather geared for power with high WP.

I'll give mmo-mechanics a read, didn't know SW/Mmo mechanics was still being updated. Anyways, they have 277 crit rating on that armory link for Infiltration, that's my question. Why 277 crit instead of 277 power? If that's answered in the mmo-mechanics post disregard, going to read it now.

EDIT: Yea.. I'm not seeing anything there explaining WHY the crit is better than power.

The mmo-mechanics post also contradicts your augments. He says power, you say Willpower. I tend to lean more towards the willpower myself even without the +9% bonus other classes get to main stat.

Edited by ckoneful

I'll give mmo-mechanics a read, didn't know SW/Mmo mechanics was still being updated. Anyways, they have 277 crit rating on that armory link for Infiltration, that's my question. Why 277 crit instead of 277 power? If that's answered in the mmo-mechanics post disregard, going to read it now.

EDIT: Yea.. I'm not seeing anything there explaining WHY the crit is better than power.

The mmo-mechanics post also contradicts your augments. He says power, you say Willpower. I tend to lean more towards the willpower myself even without the +9% bonus other classes get to main stat.

The armory linked is maining Balance atm. Crit is not better than power, but a marginal amount of crit is still required. Have you tried parsing the difference yet? If not, try it out and let us know your findings.

The armory linked is maining Balance atm. Crit is not better than power, but a marginal amount of crit is still required. Have you tried parsing the difference yet? If not, try it out and let us know your findings.

If it's not better than power then why is it required?

Some crit was determined to be optimal. This was done via math and spreadsheet calculation. The difference between 0 crit/full power and 285 crit/285 less power is about 20 dps +- (off the top of my head). Edited by mmerry

hello aranelde good to see you :)

As you know guys Infiltration spec is based on crits/size crit so it needs a bit more crit rating than other spec/class.

the 24/25%crit is the optimal range we found, just see the spreadsheet of crirating formula.

hf

about talent build: You can switch 1/2 Kinetic Field/Entropic Field with 2/1 Misdirection/Obfuscation or Vigor/Deceptive Power (these talents are marginal, so just take which you think it's better for you)

i just like speed :D

edit:

for infiltration accuracy is 395! no 474.

Edited by IInox

There is an update on Inovisible's spreadsheet.

(I don't use a spreadsheet, just trust on my experience, Ino found the optimal stats rating, I work in % )

"Fixed "Force Synergy" in the Shadow dps tab. As is the case with Balance, I originally just included it as a static crit boost because there was no way in balance that you would ever no have the buff up. However, when I later created the infiltration sheet, I forgot to update that as well. "Force Synergy" will now automatically update whenever you reverse colored skill sections as usual. This also resulted in the change of BiS stats for infiltration shadows, requiring more crit rating than I originally thought. The sheet has been updated and you should download the latest version to see the change."

This is the error on the dps calculator, and now the optimal crit rating go up to 399 (+2mod c52crt) for 25,73 still close enough in%.

Update it pls.

ps: atm we are working on KD BiS!

hf

Will update for DPS KD values later.

So, Shin, how's the new 2/31/13 spec faring in 1v1s? And what's the train of thought behind forgoing Clairvoyant Strike for Force in Balance?

Thanks for the guide, and congratulations on your new posting!

2/31/13 fares okay in 1v1s. It will do better against certain classes / specs (IE: Immortal Juggs) whereas something like full KC would do better vs Infil Shadows. I generally use this spec whilst node guarding in Civil War, because of the awesome 30yd range on FiB. That is pretty much the train of thought behind taking FiB over CS. It hits for roughly 4-5.5k (Depending on target) so the spec tends to be more bursty than full Deception, but less sustained damage in the long run.

Hello, So I was a huge fan of the hybrid build pre 2.0 I have been playing with the full deception build you have in the beginning of this thread. I am just curious though if your new 2-31-13 build would be just as viable for PvP as the pure infil.

Do you switch that often or do you tend to run one for a bit then switch ?

Hello, So I was a huge fan of the hybrid build pre 2.0 I have been playing with the full deception build you have in the beginning of this thread. I am just curious though if your new 2-31-13 build would be just as viable for PvP as the pure infil.

Do you switch that often or do you tend to run one for a bit then switch ?

I tend to alternate between 3 different specs in ranked. I use the Deception Hybrid more for node guarding in civil. Full Deception is still superior in sustained damage, so I would use that if I need to be in a *fight*. Darkness I use for huttball and guarding doors like VS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, I'm still pretty new to shadow. I just hit 55 about a week ago. I like and want to tank with him, I know that guardians and VG's are better @ tanking. My question is can I be an affective tank in 2.4?

PvE or PvP?

Note: 2.4 updates coming soon.