Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika

Note: 2.4 updates coming soon.

Given that it's no longer possible to respec while in a WZ (or queued, for "matchmaking"... laughable, given the Arenas I've been pulled into), we (and most other Advanced Classes) now need a general-purpose spec -- any thoughts on that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about Balance PVE rotation...

Why keep battle readiness/relic/adrenal for mind crush proc? If we use them right from the start all our dots will benefit from the increased power/critical rate...

Is there a reason you are suggesting that?

Edited by Ziddal_the_green

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
In the pre-36 build. What tree is recommended traveling up in? How should the skillbuild look by then, trying to get max in deception or grabbing both Surging Charge and Death Field? What charge do u play in pre-elextric ambush, Dark or lightning?

I had a question, while it is by no far my first character on swtor, i am under the impression that it is the first time i am struggling at leveling (lvl 30 full Balance).

I started with a balance build as i thought healing myself with Force in Balance would be a great asset.

While it is true and let's be fair this skill is good, i also realized that..i didn't thought it well and DoTs for leveling is quite a harsh path (every champion makes me sweat (since it takes too much time for him to die and i am no tank..).

What would you guys suggest for a leveling phase (PvE for now only)?

Edited by Humatk

• 2 weeks later...
I had a question, while it is by no far my first character on swtor, i am under the impression that it is the first time i am struggling at leveling (lvl 30 full Balance).

I started with a balance build as i thought healing myself with Force in Balance would be a great asset.

While it is true and let's be fair this skill is good, i also realized that..i didn't thought it well and DoTs for leveling is quite a harsh path (every champion makes me sweat (since it takes too much time for him to die and i am no tank..).

I just hit 32 and I'm cutting through mobs like they were nothing with Infiltration. I can't remember ever encountering a challenging fight. I use a dps companion. If you have a geared healing companion, try Kinetic (tanking). Don't be afraid to use CC and just stealth past tough mobs.

• 2 weeks later...

My rise to 55 on my Consular went in three phases. I started as Balance and found it horrible pretty much all the way through the 30s. I changed to infiltration and it was like a complete turn around. Mobs were suddenly going down fast and the game was fun to play again. When I hit the 50s I went back into Kinetic Combat using one of the guides on here and I haven't looked back since. Balance has never been an enjoyable tree for me on any of my Shadows.

• 1 month later...

Do not click the above link. It is SWTOR referral program fraud.

Also I want to take this time to alert everyone of a forum rule. Due to the possible "trick" nature of using your referral link to trick someone into unintentionally becoming your referral, we are not allowing use of your referral links here on the forums until this issue is resolved. Whether that is being honest about what the link is, or trying to hide it, it will be removed. Any egregious breach of this rule can result in infraction points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
OP PvP Section updated, PvE section in the works.

I liked the vid that you posted with the update. My only question about it is why you CD during a hard stun? I totally get the CD during low slash, but since your attacks wont break the hard stun wouldn't it be more beneficial to just continue with your harder hitting abilities?

I totally get the CD during low slash, but since your attacks wont break the hard stun wouldn't it be more beneficial to just continue with your harder hitting abilities?

Not necessarily. It depends on the situation, what cooldowns you have and what cooldowns your opponent has. In that specific situation, I wanted to make certain he was defeated with absolutely no chance of surviving. If I were to use hard attacks there would be the chance he may still slip away. In that case, however, I had practically everything I needed to assure the overkill. The idea I had was to vanish out and reopen with a Spike to further lock him out, but he managed to counter that, which by then he was already too low on health to do anymore.

good!

Maybe for someone it would be confused (my english is not so good) about definition of burst phase that I mean

Burst phase is just a SHORT window of fight (as i wrote, SoA..kephess ) where we have 10s or less where to do highest dps possible and especially at the end of this window we would prefer to use shadow strike than a project or a force breach for example, otherwise always follow the 5rules.

And I want to underline the project>shadow strike because I see many player "cutting" circling shadow buff using shadow strike instead project. (even some players that thinks to "stomp" others :rolleyes: )

Thanks xinika!

ps; can you exlain me cuz u choose crit relic on pvp? because bonus dmg from main stat is really good

Edited by IInox

• 1 month later...
Getting dragged back into some PvP on my Shadow tank. I am valor 55 but have only ran 2 warzones since returning to TOR last August after a year away, so I am really behind in the metagame...as a tank do I still want to run in DPS gear or actual tanking gear? Do I use the partisan implant/conqueror earpiece I seem to have and just go bolstered PvE gear until I get my Obroan stuff or can I use my Battlemaster/War Hero set (which I note still has expertise on it)?

Getting dragged back into some PvP on my Shadow tank. I am valor 55 but have only ran 2 warzones since returning to TOR last August after a year away, so I am really behind in the metagame...as a tank do I still want to run in DPS gear or actual tanking gear? Do I use the partisan implant/conqueror earpiece I seem to have and just go bolstered PvE gear until I get my Obroan stuff or can I use my Battlemaster/War Hero set (which I note still has expertise on it)?

It really depends on your interests. If your interest is to tank in regular warzones, then yeah you probably want to not only spec like a tank but also actually BE one.

But if the ranked scene is what you are looking at.. the rules slightly change.

However, am I correct in assuming that is not what you are after?

Since I could almost write a book on things you need to do.. but if im going to be doing so for no reason that'd be a shame.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey i was thinking that i've never asked you how you would build the full infiltration tree.

many many mounths ago I was sure about the """classic"""" 7/36/3 but now taking in mind that accuracy is useless..and that I got the importance of dmg reduction, I'm not sure how to build it.

At least I'd put 5 point into madness for the +9%crit chance melee and the 2%dmg reduction, and 2 points on kinetic for the dmg increase to clayrv.

so, which build would you build up?

(just forget for a moment the hybrid build)

• 3 weeks later...