Mistaking OP classes for good players.

bennyhana

Let me start by saying I'm a rage spec almost fully bm geared juggernaut. With that being said I have had plenty of good games AND plenty of bad ones. Games where I'm top dps with the most medals and not so top dps with an average amount of medals... When I get beat by a certain class a few times I don't immediately assume that certain class is op, I was simply outplayed.

I was a tank spec juggernaut before and after getting my *** handed to me on many occasions, I came on here and qq'ed like everyone else that does after a few bad games. After doing some research I found that people have succeeded very well with the immortal spec. I took their advice, tried it, and just couldn't figure it out. So I switched back to rage, the spec that I had pretty much been from lvl 1, so you could say I'm pretty familiar with that particular build.

That all being said, I get beat by the people with the same class as me, same spec as me. I get beat by every other class in the game. But I also beat every class in the game. You catch me off guard, you have your cool downs and I don't, chances are you win. Same goes for me, catching you off guard when I have my cool downs and you don't.

So many posts here claiming all these "op" classes when people just can't handle the fact that well... That guy/girl just simply outplayed you. They assume that because they are fully geared, they shouldn't get beat down just like the rest of the people in the warzone.

Put it simply, the game is pretty damn balanced in pvp. Start getting used to the fact that some people are better at playing this game than you are. And/or people found your weakness and know how to exploit it.

Edit: Just to prove a point, since this thread started, almost all classes have been claimed to be "OP".

Edited by bennyhana

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with the OP, about things that are OP, because I was in the same boat..

Oh I came here uber ticked off frustrated to my hair was being pulled out... I could have swore this one class and player was either OP or convinced they had an exploit...... apparently I have been schooled enough by people that it was a scoundral?

Anyways... I found out that class is tough for my class... and I was in the same qq'ing boat as you... I started to bit lip and think about what they did, what could I do, and picked up a few things and tried things... still a devil of time killing this one player, if ever, but I will say this... this one player has made me the bane of her (her char is female) class for the not so good, cus I tear them to shreds now...

Apparently just rolling a marauder made me a MUCH better player, because suddenly I'm doing much better than I did on my concealment operative! I mean, if the game is balanced, then a miraculous infusion of spontaneous skill is the only explanation, right?

You can patch the game, but you can't patch the players. I wouldn't mind a Marauder "nerf" tbh, just so that we'd see less of them in warzones. The general roles of AC's and balance of the game don't really change with buffs/nerfs (unless they're DRASTIC, and no, nothing was really DRASTIC to the magnitude that I'm talking about up until now). I won't get emotional over x class getting this or y class losing that. I'll adapt, still play the game, have fun, stomp baddies, regardless of what goes on in the forums. It's a lot more healthy that way, IMO. Edited by Swarna

after the fix to consumables, there were no overpowered classes. there were overpowered players.

i think some of the changes that bioware has made has resulted in some classes being underpowered, which is causing others to appear overpowered. but good players will still perform way above everyone else regardless, simply because they understand things better.

Apparently just rolling a marauder made me a MUCH better player, because suddenly I'm doing much better than I did on my concealment operative! I mean, if the game is balanced, then a miraculous infusion of spontaneous skill is the only explanation, right?

Maybe you just weren't very good at playing an operative. But that never crossed your mind cause you had to have been the best thing since sliced bread right?

Maybe you just weren't very good at playing an operative. But that never crossed your mind cause you had to have been the best thing since sliced bread right?

Funny, since the forum community seems to think marauders are harder to play than operatives.

If this bad was really topping boards with his marauder he wouldn't be on here whining he is just hoping that marauders get nerfed so he will have another reason to complain.

If this bad was really topping boards with his marauder he wouldn't be on here whining he is just hoping that marauders get nerfed so he will have another reason to complain.

Or maybe I like balance instead of OP and UP classes all over the place.

Let me start by saying I'm a rage spec almost fully bm geared juggernaut. With that being said I have had plenty of good games AND plenty of bad ones. Games where I'm top dps with the most medals and not so top dps with an average amount of medals... When I get beat by a certain class a few times I don't immediately assume that certain class is op, I was simply outplayed.

I was a tank spec juggernaut before and after getting my *** handed to me on many occasions, I came on here and qq'ed like everyone else that does after a few bad games. After doing some research I found that people have succeeded very well with the immortal spec. I took their advice, tried it, and just couldn't figure it out. So I switched back to rage, the spec that I had pretty much been from lvl 1, so you could say I'm pretty familiar with that particular build.

That all being said, I get beat by the people with the same class as me, same spec as me. I get beat by every other class in the game. But I also beat every class in the game. You catch me off guard, you have your cool downs and I don't, chances are you win. Same goes for me, catching you off guard when I have my cool downs and you don't.

So many posts here claiming all these "op" classes when people just can't handle the fact that well... That guy/girl is simply better than me. They assume that because they are fully geared, they shouldn't get beat down just like the rest of the people in the warzone.

Put it simply, the game is pretty damn balanced in pvp. Start getting used to the fact that some people are better at playing this game than you are.

Thank you for letting me know that the entire pvp forum isn't full of childish whiners.

Or maybe I like balance instead of OP and UP classes all over the place.

are you kidding? with the buff to healing that you guys got in 1.2 you are nigh unkillable with decent dps. GG dude you are the pot calling the kettle black.

They're not. :) I beat that class just as much as it beats me.

Then we're back to the beginning and simply rolling a marauder took me from being able to hold my own against most classes as an operative to being able to faceroll anyone I meet as a marauder. If it's balanced, then apparently some videogame deity saw fit to bestow upon me orders of magnitude greater skill at SWTOR.

Then we're back to the beginning and simply rolling a marauder took me from being able to hold my own against most classes as an operative to being able to faceroll anyone I meet as a marauder. If it's balanced, then apparently some videogame deity saw fit to bestow upon me orders of magnitude greater skill at SWTOR.

You can hide behind whatever conclusion helps you sleep at night. It won't change the fact that there's a real good possibility that you just aren't as good at playing an operative as you are a marauder.

Out of all the classes I've played I feel like Sniper/Gunslinger and Marauder/Sentinel are by far the two "OP" PvP ACs. Very high DPS, high survivability, and good CC. This is probably why most people get the impression that these classes are OP. A halfway decent Mara/Sent can chew through several players before dying. The same with Sniper/Gunslinger. Played intelligently they can mop the floor with almost any AC.

As far as control in PvP goes, it's hands down Juggernaut/Guardian. This is part of the reason people think these dudes are OP. With the broken resolve system, a Jugg/Guard can literally toss you around like a ragdoll. Powertech/Vanguard is a close second.

Go play any non-50 WZ and you'll be shocked at the number of Sniper/GS and Mara/Sent players leveling up. There's a reason for that and it's not because they're extra skilled at playing those classes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.