BH are essentially worthless in pvp

gattiman

You have a valid point to not stand ONLY on scaffolding. But I never said to only stay up there. I was merely using it as an example. It can be a good spot to pop a few casts off before attention is drawn to you then move. If you are just standing up there and they have the ball that's bad news. Plus with the animation change between tracer/fusion missle you draw even less attention to yourself no matter where you position yourself.

My point was don't run in the middle of 2 assassins and a jugg and try to cast and then cry about how bad the class is. I'm not saying you are doing so...just saying have situational awareness enough to know where to move and when to move. As with any ranged class.

Either you are being ignorant and looking to just troll or this class really is too complex for you.

I don't need to 'run into the middle of 2 assassins and a jug'. They will leap to me or pull me to them. Then I will die as i slowly walk around perma-snared, with any feeble attempt on my part to do any offence being interrupted.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't need to 'run into the middle of 2 assassins and a jug'. They will leap to me or pull me to them. Then I will die as i slowly walk around perma-snared, with any feeble attempt on my part to do any offence being interrupted.

That isn't much of a bounty hunter problem really since the only class that can counter that w/o their resolve bar being white is a sniper/gunslinger while in cover/entrench. It sucks for all the other classes. All you can do is either ride that out or stun/knockback and run to a group of friends. Either way we all feel your pain there.

I absolutely hate it when I get a jugg jumping then knocking me back then jumping again. Especially if they are spec'd for the CC immunity after they hop on you.

Marauders? Knock em away or stun em and run to a group of friendlies. if there aren't any around, hopefully LOS them to where they cant hop on you again and hopefully they target someone else.

You've just lost any and all credibility.

If you are stupid enough to stand still (while playing a Merc BH) while my mara is up in your face, you're dead. Plain and simple.

Telling me 'not' to back pedal and gain range, on a toon who's ONLY advantage is ranged.... ?? Seriously?

I get the slight feeling you sir dont know what backpedalling means ...

I find it pretty hard to follow this thread correctly, He is talking about level 50 right? If so i dont get how he could claim that 300k was the cap pre1.2. As my pre1.2 my level sub level 20 arsenal merc was almost able to get 300k(280k is my record in HUTTBALL pre1.2) without the access of tracer missles or other high level talents. And i know people at level 50 hit much harder due to gear and talents. So what is the deal, i know someone decredited the other low level BH cause he was a pyro one and people dont cleanse. But that doesnt apply to me as there is nothing to cleanse.

And post 1.2 im still pretty much doing the same damage as tracer missles hits for what my old power shot did pre1.2, So if a level 50 cant do what im doing now there is something wrong and im not sitting at 0 objective points either.

I agree whole heartily with your post I play full bodyguard it is shocking what they have done to Bh I only pug mostly and i last not even 8 seconds to jug/sents/maras I am not going to complain am just going to go play my mara again:wea_03::wea_03::wea_03:

Then you're quite bad, hate to break it to ya, or your playing with 100 exp...

ta-da, here is a novare coast i just did. complete pug, neither team had decent healers.

the quality is kinda crappy, but i had 190k damage w/ 26 kills and 14 medals and 3 deaths, not too shabby for only 7 minutes. the person with the next most damage had 100k.

there is nothing wrong with merc, pyrotech or arsenal. you just need to l2p.

Never in my life have i seen that worthless players lol. Noone hit you, all of them clogged up for you to aoe, they even walk straight past you when your completly alone.

They even let you just stand there capturing the point without getting hit lol

The few times they actually hit you, you drop like a stone.

I should have rolled on your server, on my server the enemy players actually have a brain

Edited by SeloDaoC

So this is a Pyro powertech which isn't a merc. Yes a powertech Pyro can be lethal combined with grabble which mercs don't have. I have never in all my warzones ever seen a bh of any kind break 400k.

i break 400k on a constant bases but i thought merch was weak before 1.2 even hit, to easy to shut down by a melee and now that a melee is fotm and ppl rerolling to it they feel useless. all i can say if you like the class stick with it master it i seen some nice arsenal merchs in wzs not so many passed 1.2 since most switched to heals but thats the live of a mmo. soon there will be a new top class maybe it will be you even tho my bets are on the sniper =P

Edited by mamosh

Before the "backpeddaling" discussion goes out of hand.

Backpeddal = using your default "walk backwards" S-key, which will make you run a lot slower.

Strafe-kiting = using your strafe keys to run away at normal movement speed and still managing to keep your target in line of sight, allowing you to do the exact same thing as while backpeddaling, just simply at a greater speed and creating a larger gap between you and your enemy.

Usin backpeddal = baddie.

If you're thinking of arguing against this, stop playing PvP, in any game (given they have the differences in movement speed), asap.

I've played merc/commando since launch and I undersand where the OP is coming from with this post. 1.2 did make it much harder to feel awesome as a BH in warzones.

I don't agree that BH are worthless though., this opinion is highly subjective. Some of the best Sorcs I've seen get numbers around the 700k mark, where my personal best is 500k after 1.2 hit. I'm actually ok with this though, it's closer than before in terms of overall heals, sorcs just have better group heals. As merc I find it quite easy to tunnel heals onto someone and keep them alive, I feel that we specialize in single target heals.

When I used to DPS as merc, I found that the cooldown reduction on knockbacks was crazy. If you want to pick one thing that BHs excel at when compared to the other classes, I vote that knockbacks seperate us from the rest of the classes, especially when spec'd arsenal.

As for Powertechs, mine hasn't hit 50, but the ones that I pvp with are absolutely great at defensive pulls. There really is no better class for peels in my opinion.

Don't let 1.2 get to ya man, we still stand out for certain things, now we just have to try harder than before.

When I used to DPS as merc, I found that the cooldown reduction on knockbacks was crazy. If you want to pick one thing that BHs excel at when compared to the other classes, I vote that knockbacks seperate us from the rest of the classes, especially when spec'd arsenal.

Yeah they stuck 5s back on that cd :(

ta-da, here is a novare coast i just did. complete pug, neither team had decent healers.

the quality is kinda crappy, but i had 190k damage w/ 26 kills and 14 medals and 3 deaths, not too shabby for only 7 minutes. the person with the next most damage had 100k.

there is nothing wrong with merc, pyrotech or arsenal. you just need to l2p.

It sucks that Voidstar ends early as soon as the enemy team gets past where your team ended the first round, I want full duration voidstar like before for good long fights. In Novara coast I have yet to see anyone pass 250K damage, I did a couple last night and no one passed 170K damage.

Civil War is the only place I'll see anyone make 500K or more damage nowadays, not even huttball because one side is just going to run the ball in under 2 minutes.

Pyrotech merc kinda sucks now too. I do 2/3 of the damage I did pre 1.2

Leave out power shot and you won't notice much of a difference, I almost never used power shot pre 1.2 and now I practically NEVER user it as I took it off my toolbar, still doing good damage without it.

I think you need to l2p.Merc is RANGED dps so it doesn't need a gap closer,you have a few defensive abilities that help with your survivability,you have atleast 2 knockbacks that I'm aware of((I think there is more?)) and you can crit for Massive numbers.That said I never would play a Merc in Arsenal specc,because I find most people will start attacking you when you get off a few tracers.

That's only applicable to arsenal. Pyro (and Bodyguard) only have one KB.

Threads like this make my heart all warm. Mercs in 1.2 are blahhh arsenal gets interupted too easily to be consistant and healing is way rough in 1.2. I have both a merc and a pt. All I can say is PTs are amazing. Pre 1.2 in a mix of centurion and champ i had games above 800k post 1.2 after getting full BM I average 400-600k in all full term games. Now this is in premades and usually with a healer, but the utility of a pyrotech with taunts/ pull/ burst is awesome. No healer stands a chance and the only class that can dream of killimg me is a marauder or a sniper that gets the jump on me.

PT is really underplayed by top end players but when done right is arguably one of the best classes available for every game type.

The key to the 'my class sucks' people is to try another class. If you were right then the new class will be a better choice.

If you suck with the new class then it is a 'you' issue and not a 'class' issue.

Some players are just meant to be playing a different kind of class. For every player making the so called 'OP' classes look good there will be 5 more that make you wonder what the complainers are talking about.

The key to the 'my class sucks' people is to try another class. If you were right then the new class will be a better choice.

If you suck with the new class then it is a 'you' issue and not a 'class' issue.

Some players are just meant to be playing a different kind of class. For every player making the so called 'OP' classes look good there will be 5 more that make you wonder what the complainers are talking about.

This isn't a matter of opinion. Bh are weaker than Mar/sorc in a factual sense from options of play to utility to max dps output they are weaker. And sure if you could just change your class this wouldn't be an issue but I'm not spending 60 hours to relevel a whole other toon just to have a proper spec. Bw should and hopefully will fix it.

BH's have always been worthless lumps. cry about being under powered now. lol lol lol lol..........lol lol lol lol

I think bio should remove their pvp system and stick to what they are good at PvE content.

Bioware is good at PvE content?

My fresh 50 Sentinel in Recruit gear is able to take out Mercs and Commandos in full BM and war hero gear. I can do the same amount of damage in a wz as my commando in full bm gear. I can 1v1 and 2v1 people because my kit is so much better than my commando. I can jump into the middle of 5 people and kill one before the others can burn me down. I never have to worry about managing my resources and running out of ammo. People don't focus me because I'm a free kill. And god help the other team if I have a healer.

You probably are just bad I get 450-550K dmg per WZ 12+ medals as a Powertech DPS. Have no problem winning games because I understand EVERY warzone what it takes to win. I also know the BEST ways to help my team win. Its more then coming in geared and understanding play. You have to feel out your team and be the bigger man and do the things the team WON'T do if your team wont stay behind and cap a node...you do it. They don't want to hold mid in Huttball...you do it. The list goes on and on. Almost ALL pvp issues are L2P issues clearly. Pick your battles, some Paper, Rock, Scissors is always around in PvP I can blow up sorcs, operatives fast. Marauders/Juggs are tough so I pick my battles. I dont lemming chase a group just for 1 kill. It really is a matter of having ANY common sense and skill. I have felt 0 of the nerfs and still win high % of games with no worries.

You probably are just bad I get 450-550K dmg per WZ 12+ medals as a Powertech DPS. Have no problem winning games because I understand EVERY warzone what it takes to win. I also know the BEST ways to help my team win. Its more then coming in geared and understanding play. You have to feel out your team and be the bigger man and do the things the team WON'T do if your team wont stay behind and cap a node...you do it. They don't want to hold mid in Huttball...you do it. The list goes on and on. Almost ALL pvp issues are L2P issues clearly. Pick your battles, some Paper, Rock, Scissors is always around in PvP I can blow up sorcs, operatives fast. Marauders/Juggs are tough so I pick my battles. I dont lemming chase a group just for 1 kill. It really is a matter of having ANY common sense and skill. I have felt 0 of the nerfs and still win high % of games with no worries.

Stopped reading at powertech. This is about mercs nor powertechs. Your grapple and guard makes you valuable in huttball. If you even read the op you would know this isn't about you.

1.2 pvp balancing in a nutshell: They took the learning curves for mara and merc and switched them.

trululululul

Mercs/Commandos weren't that great before 1.2, Maras are about the same. They were always pretty face roll.

Broken Class is broken. 1.2 officially started the nerf train. Now, as in every other MMO (was hoping this one would be exception, HAH!) you stop playing the class that is made obsolete by the train and play another until they fix the obsolete class again further down the line. Most of the good BH/Troopers have rerolled or quit. The heal spec is still viable but it is the worst of the three. DPS spec in pvp is a joke now.

Broken Class is broken. 1.2 officially started the nerf train. Now, as in every other MMO (was hoping this one would be exception, HAH!) you stop playing the class that is made obsolete by the train and play another until they fix the obsolete class again further down the line. Most of the good BH/Troopers have rerolled or quit. The heal spec is still viable but it is the worst of the three. DPS spec in pvp is a joke now.

I would reroll but i just don't have the time to start over. Id sooner just quit.