Wow just dinged 50..

jamesaff

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets better quickly as gear is so easy to get now, it's only daunting for the first day or two. Within a week my latest alt went from having mostly cent gear with a couple of pieces of champion to being full battlemaster and maybe a day or two away from having the war hero weapon.

Might as well unsub then as it's not going to get any better so long as they continue to implement the pvp stat.

Yeah you could buy the cheap and better than champ recruit gear and suck it up for a few days til you have some easy to get BM, but yeah you should just unsub instead.

Edited by maticlandarr

I gotta say that the imbalance of gear is so bad I very well might unsub.. I have been thinking about rolling another toon strictly for the 10-49 bracket but somehow I doubt that.

At the moment I am just planning on mainly doing the sub 50 warzones. I'll roll new toons as I get to 50 and start all over.

I see no point in joining in on warzones where your success and failure is, for the most part, solely based on what kind of gear you have. I'll dabble in the 50 zones, but as of now, with everything i've read and heard, I have no interest in playing in those warzones where gear creates such a huge imbalance.

would rather you not unsub.. would love to have you on the opposite team so i can elo farm you and whatever baddies that don't understand gear progression.. even pre 1.2 there were ways of getting 400+ expertise before even stepping foot in 50 wz. now it's retarded easy with recruit gear and the ability to gain full BM in a week..

but please ignore most of what i just said and jjust stay bad and pump my rating when ranked gets here.. :p

Yes, this. Buying the recruit gear meant my sage healer died in 5 seconds instead of 3. It really does help...

I can't wait to try out the recruit gear on my knight!

How about playing one toon and EARNING and working it. Heck when I was pvping you had to wait to 50 to get cent gear and couldn't even save up for it you had to earn it on the spot by earning cent comes.

They all but give it too you now. I just finished my war hero title and ONLY just got my last piece of BM gear, a relic, the champ was good enough. Two days prior.

FYI, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but pvp IS optional and not for the feint of heart.

Edited by Blloodbane

Really, gonna unsub because you don't have BM gear?

These forums are full of "old" 50's who seem to think that once they're geared out, no one should ever be able to match them. Seriously, read all the threads about "It's no fair, there are too many fresh 50's with BM gear..." Thankfully BW disagrees, and you can get better gear immediately, and good gear in like a week.

It's a little bit of a shock going from a 'lvl 40-49 WZ god' to feeling like you're lvl 11 again, but don't be a baby. :)

I dinged 50 today.

I already have 5/ 5 main set pieces of BM, BM belt, and 2 BM implants. Since the queues are dead atm I can't farm more :)

It's so fing easy to get BM gear and if you can't stand to get owned for 1 day then you REALLY should unsub.

Is this your first MMO?

Gear progression really shouldn't be a new concept...

while there probably never was an mmo with less gear progression than this one.

i really don't get it. IN EVERY MMO you will be damn weak if you hit maxlevel. it DOES NOT MATTER IF THERE IS AN PVP STAT OR NOT!!!!!!

if there is nothing like expertise/competense than you will meat people in top level pve gear that will have the same effect.

BE HAPPPY that you have expertise on pvp equip. it actuzally STOPS NEVER ENDING GEAR GRIND AND IMBALANCE DUE TO GEAR.

sure you have to get it first, but ONLY ONCE!

without it you will allways have to grind pve content as long as you play due to always new coming pve gear from new pve content,

i mean, it is such a simple concept. and no, without expertise it would NOT be getter. instead you would have the very same issues as fresh 50 because of old 50s with top level pve gear.

BUT THEN yoz couldn't get viable gear within a week by doing pvp only. no, you wuold have to grind months in pve just to be viable in pvp. is this what you want?

..... people!

Edited by me_unknown

Recruit vs BM is worse than cent/126 modded oranges vs pre-patch BM. The gear gap is asinine now.

while there probably never was an mmo with less gear progression than this one.

DCUO, DAoC, UO, AoC - there are more.

Grinds are skinnerian mechanics of bad developers that cannot create enjoyable content that people do for the sake of playing it. They are there literally to manipulate players into playing more.

Gear progression is just another form of it, and it's completely unnecessary. UO had essentially no gear progression at all. Same with DAoC.

Edited by Haeso

I gotta say that the imbalance of gear is so bad I very well might unsub.. I have been thinking about rolling another toon strictly for the 10-49 bracket but somehow I doubt that.

even if they give you a war hero gear now there are no places to pvp.

Edited by kantnerfme

Recruit vs BM is worse than cent/126 modded oranges vs pre-patch BM. The gear gap is asinine now.

So get battlemaster pieces - you should be getting them as soon as you hit 50 anyway. How long do you even use recruit gear? A couple days? lol..

So get battlemaster pieces - you should be getting them as soon as you hit 50 anyway. How long do you even use recruit gear? A couple days? lol..

So because it only takes a few dozen hours of warzones to be able to even hope to be competitive it's okay? You should step into PvP with no chance of being able to seriously contribute for several days of PvP? It's poor design, no matter how long or little time it takes to get around it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.