SWTOR On GTX 680 "video inside"

BizzzIMO

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have teh same SSD ... the game loads fast (big planets do need more time)

and no stuttering through many other player assets that needs to be laoded ...

a lot of games and all mmos stream there data while playing from hd to ram,

so it isnt only the startup ... using an SDD effects everyday performence the most

Then why are Blu-Rays at 24fps? Movies like Avatar 3D are still at 24fps and they have lotsa action and look flawless. Why does someone need 120 fps?

videogames and movies are 2 completely different things.

i have a 50 inch 3d led 240hz tv.

i can plug my pc into it and get 240 frames per second without screen tearing.

in a movie if its not 3d and you turn on the option for the tv to process and add frames to make it 240 fps it looks fake. (soap opera effect). it looks too perfect. way too fluid in motion. very noticable.

in a game where everything already looks fake your brain doesnt notice the difference in the fakeness, you do however notice the smoothness/fluidity.

I think it's pretty much safe to say that you need a video card for this game that has A LOT of video memory. 2-4 Gigs of video memory is probably going to give you the best performance and load times.

I have a 7970 with 3gig. when using afterburner in game. The game actually only uses just short of 2gig memory.

i still get 120fps with my gtx590 on my rig i7-3930K @ 3.20GHz overclocked to 4.3GHz, 32gb of ram and ofc a SSD drive. im skeptical on the 680 as it's still 1g ram less than my 590 :D not to mention we are running a dx9 game instead of dx11.

Obviously you cant mean TOR as TOR is capped at 111fps. So no one gets over 111fps in TOR.

No.

Let's go for another car example.

My ferrari (my computer) does 250km/h on every road that's built (every possible game).

Until I stumble across a rocky, bad built with no quality road (SWTOR) and am forced to do 40 km/h cause of how poor that road is.

Do you get it? Of all roads I can maximize my speed, the only one that doesn't use all of my "horse power" is that ****** built road that no one cares about.

What does the company (Bioware) say who built that crappy road?

"Go upgrade your ferrari and you might do 70 km/h instead"

"But my ferrari works 250km/h on every other road"

"Nope, it's your ferrari thats broken. Our road is pure quality son."

Yeah, thought so.

Not quite right, since alot of other cars can go way faster than 70 km/h on that road apparantly...

no, the car analogies are pure crap anyway... you cant really compare cars and computer games as the same sort of product.

Today, playing on Tatooine with 80 or so players on the planet, most of wich were near the wreck with me, i had framerates of 90 as highest and 70 as lowest.

Ive got everything set to highest (and vsync off).

this is my machine:

i5-2500k (quad) @3.3ghz

16G RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

it didnt cost me much to buy, so i dont so what all the fuss is about when it comes to having the "newest, best" grahpics cards...

i mean, do you really need to have framerates over 100??

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Today, playing on Tatooine with 80 or so players on the planet, most of wich were near the wreck with me, i had framerates of 90 as highest and 70 as lowest.

Ive got everything set to highest (and vsync off).

this is my machine:

i5-2500k (quad) @3.3ghz

16G RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

it didnt cost me much to buy, so i dont so what all the fuss is about when it comes to having the "newest, best" grahpics cards...

i mean, do you really need to have framerates over 100??

Simple really. Other games like Bf3, metro etc. Not all gamers just play one game. I bought my 7970 for the sole reason i wont have to upgrade for a long time. I can have all the bells and whistles on in every game. Its not about bragging rights. Its about the games themselves with me.

i still get 120fps with my gtx590 on my rig i7-3930K @ 3.20GHz overclocked to 4.3GHz, 32gb of ram and ofc a SSD drive. im skeptical on the 680 as it's still 1g ram less than my 590 :D not to mention we are running a dx9 game instead of dx11.

The GTX 590 is 2 GPU's on one video card and both GPU's have 1.5GB of VRAM. Games can only use one cards VRAM so you really only have 1.5GB on your video card.

I still see that people don't understand the real issue.

I get max fps in fleets can you please understand this?

However, the game engine so bad that it gives me 30 fps once in Warzones. WHICH IS NOT EVEN REMOTELY POSSIBLE.

The real issue is Warzones, warzones and warzones. DO YOU COMPREHEND? The engine doesn't function well when there are people infront of you doing shizz. Stop defending stuff that isn't properly working you Biodrones.

And SIllenna, did I hit a nerve? If you can't have a simple discussion, please go away or ignore me. You're making you self look like a complete child. Thank you.

And you still don't understand the issue here. Bioware have stated it's not their problem. YOU, Sillenna, state that their engine has a problem and needs tweaking.

The company behind the game is saying the game is working as intended, which is a huge lie.

Yeah, you're just making yourself look very bad Sillenna.

Edited by Samvan

I still see that people don't understand the real issue.

I get max fps in fleets can you please understand this?

However, the game engine so bad that it gives me 30 fps once in Warzones. WHICH IS NOT EVEN REMOTELY POSSIBLE.

The real issue is Warzones, warzones and warzones. DO YOU COMPREHEND? The engine doesn't function well when there are people infront of you doing shizz. Stop defending stuff that isn't properly working you Biodrones.

And SIllenna, did I hit a nerve? If you can't have a simple discussion, please go away or ignore me. You're making you self look like a complete child. Thank you.

And you still don't understand the issue here. Bioware have stated it's not their problem. YOU, Sillenna, state that their engine has a problem and needs tweaking.

The company behind the game is saying the game is working as intended, which is a huge lie.

Yeah, you're just making yourself look very bad Sillenna.

but i get around 80 fps in warzones. So because you get a low FPS, you point the finger else where?

We know the engine needs optimising more, but not all systems run this game like crap. so people can only post what how there systems run the game. Mine runs it sweet as a nut, with fraps running. but hey, it runs like pap just because yours does.

....meh

but i get around 80 fps in warzones. So because you get a low FPS, you point the finger else where?

Where is your 80 fps in warzones? I don't see any picture where people are fighting infront of you in a crowd with 80 fps. Please come back when you have some solid proof and I'll gladly accept defeat.

Edit: I mean, OP's video is just proof how bad it runs.

We know the engine needs optimising more

When you say WE, you mean the customers.

Bioware clearly stated it's not an engine problem due to the loss of fps. Uh, it just feels like a loop, none of this is getting to you.

Edited by Samvan

We know the engine needs optimising more, but not all systems run this game like crap. so people can only post what how there systems run the game. Mine runs it sweet as a nut, with fraps running. but hey, it runs like pap just because yours does.

....meh

are people from nasa really trolling the boards here?

because you have to work at nasa and be using one of their super computers to be getting 80 fps in any warzone in this game, unless you are staring at a wall.

check my signature to see what my rig pulls in warzones.

my rigs specs:

EVGA SR2 Classified mobo

gtx580sc 797 mhz

12gigs Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz ram

Intel Xeon E5620 2.4 ghz cpu OC to 3.4 ghz

2x WD Caviar Blue 7200 rpm HDD

Intel 80g SSD (boot drive, SWTOR installed)

1500w silverstone psu.

im in the process of adding some more videos of crappy fps in this game to youtube.

i showed you mine (video), now please show me yours. (pics or video)

some video please or let fraps consantly take pics every 10 secs while you do a warzone. no bullshots pls.

here ya go!

http://files.enjin.com/95117/PIX/ASWTOR1.jpg

http://files.enjin.com/95117/PIX/ASWTOR2.jpg

/inserts money where mouth is

EDIT thought I would add one from a more crowded area too so it doesn't look like I only get that FPS while alone: http://files.enjin.com/95117/PIX/ASWTOR3.jpg

18 people on the fleet lol. Reroll on the fatman and watch those FPS drop. It's not a hardware issue, it's a too much damn stuff for your CPU to calculate issue. With 250+ people on the fleet no matter your system specs you're going to struggle. And thats all mmos, even old ugly WoW, I only get 40 FPS in stormwind when there are a bunch of people in the zone.

The main problem with fps I experience is when I have more than 10 people on the screen, either in WZs or in raids, doing activities, such as moving around or using their abilities. In 8 man I can say it's relatively smooth (although it's 20 fps ... yeah, beggars can't be choosers), but in 16 man the frames are just stuck at frikkin' 10 fps or even less. Bleh ... in about a month I'm getting i5 2500k and the Z77 Gigabyte mobo, if the game doesn't drastically improve, I'll just have to give up, it's as simple as that, and also hope that my guild won't be converting to 16 man anytime soon *sigh I certainly don't have the money to buy overpriced and needless gtx 680 and i7 for gaming purposes, and certainly not for JUST THIS GAME.

Where is your 80 fps in warzones? I don't see any picture where people are fighting infront of you in a crowd with 80 fps. Please come back when you have some solid proof and I'll gladly accept defeat.

Edit: I mean, OP's video is just proof how bad it runs.

When you say WE, you mean the customers.

Bioware clearly stated it's not an engine problem due to the loss of fps. Uh, it just feels like a loop, none of this is getting to you.

first of all. look back to my last post. Because yours has low FPS, why does this make it so for others. My 7970 + i7 2700k + 16gig of ram runs it like a dream. do i have to prove this. No... why not. because if i wasnt getting that frame count i would be ****** and posting questions like yourself. That should be proof enough. Ilum yeh that was another matter. but WZ are tip top for me.

Dont get me wrong, I wont accpet BW answer stating the engine is fine as we all know ilum. So im your side reguarding this. But dont think just because your system has issues, everyone has issues. this is the point. If you read back through this thread, there are many with epic systems with issues, and many with no issues. which points to the engine.

Edited by DigitalPrime

This...

Sorry, but anyone saying they are getting good FPS in a Warzone are either lying, do not know how to read perfomance and/or are not noting their FPS while in stress (combat). Plain and simple... the problem isn't with upgrading a video card, its the poor engine.

This game plays like garbage and performs no better.

God, the more and more I read about SWTOR the more it makes me want to cry.

I can assure you, I have absolutely no issues in Warzones with FPS or performance. I have a nice screenshot of my in the middle of a Huttball match with damn near every member from both teams in the middle grabbing the ball. My FPS is pegged at 110-111.4.

i7 2700k @ 4.3 Ghz

8 GB G. Skill Ripjawz RAM

120 GB Intel 510 SSD (X2 in Raid 0 @ 240 GB total with game and OS only)

EVGA OC GTX 580 (X2 in SLI)

600 GB WD Velociraptor HDD for data

Asus P8Z68 Pro Mobo

Win 7 64-bit HP

I'm an art director and need a rig I can do design work on, along with gaming. Hence why the SLI 580's. I can assure you, I have no issues playing this game. That's not an opinion, that's fact.

I'm wondering if the majority of the issues people are having is due to not having an SSD. I bought one for my kid's old rig and it changed the game completely. I then bought him an entirely new rig and he's loving life (as am I) while gaming.

His rig:

i7 2700k @ 3.5

8 GB Ripjawz RAM

120 GB Adata SSD

eVGA OC GTX 560 Ti

Asus P8Z68 LX mobo

Win 7 64-bit HP

Because yours has low FPS, why does this make it so for others. My 7970 + i7 2700k + 16gig of ram runs it like a dream. do i have to prove this. No... why not. because if i wasnt getting that frame count i would be ****** and posting questions like yourself. That should be proof enough. Ilum yeh that was another matter. but WZ are tip top for me.

Good god......