Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

StephenReid

What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you?  

3,234 members have voted

1. 1. What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you?

• Forming a group for Operations
    • Forming a group for Flashpoints
    • Forming a group for Heroic Missions
    • Forming a group for something else
    • No preference/all of the above

The Cross server vs same server debate is going to mostly fall according to how populated your server is. Please acknowledge and address the issue of low population on some servers.

Not only how populated at all, but also how populated in specific timeframe.

For example: someone playing on euro server, but living in timezone gmt+4-gmt+6. And he have no chance to find group in 8am he's local time. But with cross-server lfg he easy join group with people from us server.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the above in order to compete with competition. A group finder for everything mentioned in the poll would be a huge step forward. It can't just be for one of those things.

These are my thoughts exactly. Why would you not want all of them?! People can choose to use the ones they want.

EDIT: If you do choose to do cross server, which I like, you need to do something about loot rolls to prevent group ninjas. There needs to be class specific gear changes in loot rolls. Here is my suggestion:

Example:

smuggler stat item drops

It is grey to everyone except smugglers and companions that can benefit from those stats.

Options in loot window:

Need

Greed

Pass

Companion need - player need trumps companion need. If everyone greeds or passes, the companion (player) that rolls companion need gets it.

Edited by Jarazar

I would have voted for all the options too. I am currently still leveling my toon so I feel LFG for heroics is the top priority. However I fully understand that after lv 50 the LFG for FP will be the top one.

again, local LFG tool may not be very useful for low population servers.

I want a way to find people to do heroics and flashpoints. I got my first guy to level 50 a few weeks back doing absolutely NOTHING but soloing. It was literally impossible for me to find anyone to team with to do anything let alone a heroic or flashpoint. To date I have never done a single Heroic or Flashpoint with that character outside of the few 2 man heroics that I was able to solo or going back and doing a flashpoint once I was 20-30 levels above it.

It's driving me nuts when the only content you guys seem to add the the game are more dam flashpoints which might as well be no content at all because it's impossible to find people to do them with. What the hell am I supposed to do at level 50 when I can't find a team to do anything? ...

What are you supposed to do? Well, stand at the shuttle ramp at Ilum with me and listen to the snow crickets... I'm in the same boat on an even slower server. I've played on a large population server during testing so I know how the flow is supposed to go, but like you in Live, got to 50 with only a handful of opportunities to do 2-man heroics and no 4-mans. I suppose I could have just sat spinning my wheels for days of idle time spamming for heroics, but no thanks.

Amongst players at the summit, whenever the topic came up, I said because of server populations, Bioware will have no choice but to ultimately implement cross-server LFG. Literally every single player who heard this to agreed with me.

Implement your plans to only allow rolls on gear designed for the player's class. Beyond that, I won't try to convince you to do cross-server LFG, because I know you will, like it or not.

Anti ninja feature you can add is in this LFG cross server tool (FP, OPs NM or HM) are:

- restrict the "need loot option" roll on items/gear to only designed for the player's class

- possibility to trade looted item/gear between group members in case of "bad click".

Later

As a note; at this time the Group Finder feature in development is limited to searching on a single server only.

I voted for no preference/all of the above and I am glad to see this is how it's been handled as a single server only search. I'm hoping it's going to be similar to the one used in Dungeons & Dragons where you can specify which quests etc you're after and what role you expect/want to play. I agree that Flashpoints should be the priority and would prefer not to have Operations included and I'd prefer it if there was no fast travel option, getting to the Fleet really isn't a massive hassle in SW:tOR.

I do also have to say I don't understand why people can't/don't use the existing LFG tools in the game already, there's plenty of times I hear people asking in general for groups and they're not on the LFG list.

Edited by Cadiva

My vote is for all of the above. Most important would be allowing you to find a group for something without having to just idle around on a planet/fleet just to get a single quest done.

Most of all I'd like to see a que that allows you to join a group to just do the regular quests on a planet. As it currently is unless you log in to play with a friend/guild regularly most of the time you will solo the regular quests. That really hurts getting social ranks so players have to choose between not playing unless they can group or soloing and taking the hit on access to equipment. Adding some way to find people who are of a similar level and want to group together to do the regular quests on a planet would really help overcome cases where a friend/guild member isn't online when you log on to play.

On that note it would be good to expand the the sharing quests feature. Namely allow people who are 1 level short for accessing a quest or already completed a quest to still have the quest objectives/dialogues shared with them but prevent them from turning in the quest for the reward. It would make working as a group better since players would know what the objectives are (better group organization) and take part in the adventure rather than being limited to only help in the killing enemies aspect.

Still I voted all of the above because I think all of the points are equally important.

Priority

Flashpoints>Heroics

LFG Ops, could ruin the endgame for those who are looking for a challenge unless ops gets separated (LFG loot vs premade raids) like what that other game did or unless ops themselves became more story driven i.e. there was a greater emphasis on the social aspect of ops. Otherwise as it stands ops is optional content considering the game's story focus.

Furthermore what's the point of raiding? To get better loot, why? To tackle more difficult content. If doing ops unlocked more story, I could see LFG OPS as being essential otherwise not really.

What I want to see is more story. Cut-scenes. dialogue, the whole shibang.

FlashPoints and Operations absolutely needed (even as a tank i have problem to find groups for FPs)

Also a perfect Operation finder will also MUST include and in what Boss they are(personally i dont care for some earlier bosses to do OR redo again OR avoid to do)

heroics are for lvl up so its coming as 2nd choice or not need it at all

and for those that say ''no to operation finder'' You are NOT forced to use it

Edited by Kissakias

Many, many times I thrown my hands in the air over my inability to find a group to complete a flashpoint (especially difficult for the Jedi Prisoner flashpoints). Instead of playing and enjoying the game, I am wasting time at the station saying 'LFG' in general chat. I know I am not the only person who has been frustrated by this. Since so much of TOR has been modeled after WoW, I am wondering why the developers did not take a hint and implement a grouping feature from day one?

A group finder should ideally offer options to group for planet-based heroics and fleet-based flasphpoints. But by far, the most pressing matter is to streamline the flashpoint grouping process.

Many, many times I thrown my hands in the air over my inability to find a group to complete a flashpoint (especially difficult for the Jedi Prisoner flashpoints). Instead of playing and enjoying the game, I am wasting time at the station saying 'LFG' in general chat. I know I am not the only person who has been frustrated by this. Since so much of TOR has been modeled after WoW, I am wondering why the developers did not take a hint and implement a grouping feature from day one?

A group finder should ideally offer options to group for planet-based heroics and fleet-based flasphpoints. But by far, the most pressing matter is to streamline the flashpoint grouping process.

What are the names of the flashpoint's names you have then.

Alot of servers are really low pop. So you're going to be looking at a very delicate situation to handle.

1-49 flashpoints even with a dungeon finder will not survive if they're same realm only. There's just not enough people doing them. And with that being said if they're cross-realm flashpoints there had better be an outstanding system in place to promote fair play. If any previous MMO has proven anything, it's that alot of people will intentionally be as big of a dbag as the system will allow them to be when dealing with people they'll never encounter again.

50 flashpoints could survive realm only, as most servers have enough 50's for a healthy pool of players for it. But there's also alot of questions with that too. Are people going to be impatient and kick someone who wants to watch the cutscenes? Are people going to get irritated when the average flashpoint at 50 takes over an hour (which oddly enough is how long it took my guild to finish an 8 man ops at the end of 1.1).

Operation finder would be a disaster, literally.

--> keep it on one server (cross server grants you shorter queue times while amplifying bad behaviour - see wow)

--> no OP's (endgame shouldn't only be about the items/bad behaviour/ ridicoulus difficulty level see wow)

--> emphasise on Heroics also for low level ranges (so you get to meet more ppl through leveling and it's more varied)

--> no teleport to dungeon (wow lost a lot of its flair due to that)

I remember WoW servers before cross realm dungeons, battelgroup pvp etc.: small comunities ripe themselves off the bad blood that's quite an advantage of that.

Edited by Gurtogg

I voted for flash points but all of the above would be a very very close second. been playing since beta and finding groups for flash points can be at times very hard. I am very excited that they are atleast concidering this option, spamming general for hours is kinda depressing.

Please please please do not allow cross server LFG or if you do allow the option of queing for server only. If it is cross server LFG I will never use it. Been there done that got the t-shirt and it was an ugly t-shirt.

If you don't want to use it then don't. Let the rest of us who are tired of wasting hours of our life in general spamming for groups in vain to play the game we're paying for too.