Should I Be Worried If They Ever Decide To Pull The Plug On TOR

JoanThom

BioWare has openly stated, before the release of this game, that they will need 500,000 active subscribers in order to make a profit from this game. Stating something like that means that 500k is the minimum in order to keep EA under their feet, and their pockets full. Since this game has over 1.7mil subscribers, who are active.. I don't see it going bye bye anytime soon :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A month ago i would have said no, then i went to a few servers to try to find one with a decent pop to reroll on and now im really afraid for this game, and if they dont fix most of this by the time gw2 comes out its going to get ugly, and i would not put it past EA to pull the plug on a game early.

First they need to suck it up and fix the server pops, then they need to fix and add in all the things they have been refusing to add in because of a very vocal minority like LFG tool, macros, dual specs to name a few, we have seen what happens to the game when bioware listens to this vocal minority so its time for a change.

I seem to remember a question being asked way, way back, and the initial investment case was based on at least a 3 - 5 year run. That's pretty standard I would say for a Business case.

In reality I think they would like at least a 10 year run, longer if they can upgrade the hardware and background systems inflight.

EQ1 is still up and running.

Some of them eventually grow old and die.. some are immortal vampires.

Some do seem to live on but this game cant flounder around and just make a nice little profit and stay a float.

The reason, its Star Wars.

Games like WOW or Everquest are products owned by the respective companies, since Bioware does not own Starwars the rules are different.

If WOW sank to low subs, Blizzard could keep that game going if THEY wanted to. If Biowares loses subs, it will be up to LA if they want to renew the contract.

I dont see this game going anywhere for several years, but "always in motion is the future"". ;)

BioWare has openly stated, before the release of this game, that they will need 500,000 active subscribers in order to make a profit from this game. Stating something like that means that 500k is the minimum in order to keep EA under their feet, and their pockets full. Since this game has over 1.7mil subscribers, who are active.. I don't see it going bye bye anytime soon :)

You realise that is if those people hang around for over a year to even make back what they spent. It doesnt have 1.7million subs.