The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which SW Book(s) would you like to see as a movie?

October

+1

I also wouldn't mind seeing the X-Wing series made into movies :csw_xwing:

Or this idea. I like the idea of seeing the X-Wing books turned into a series of movies, and the best part is, there is minimal interaction with the main players from the OT (Wedge Antilles and Admiral Ackbar being the only two who turn up frequently) so no need to worry too much about getting strange people in to play familiar faces.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Legacy of The Force series would be pretty sweet, though it would need to extend a fair bit before the book series itself. Like, the first movie might need to take place just a litte before the Vong war, and just be a slow character buildup. The second movie could just be the war itself, and show us what the characters are going through, (especially once Anakin dies) and the third might be Jacen turning to the Dark Side. (Might be difficult though, his turn was a bit confusing.)

Really, it might need four movies.

Edit: Also, George Lucas couldn't write it. He can't write a character driven story.

Edited by Velaran

First and foremost, Thrawn Trilogy. That was the best thing outside of the original trilogy that got me so excited while reading. If you haven't read it, it is a must, it is just absolutely amazing.

I also want to see New Jedi Order made into a movie too. Star by Star and Traitor would make great movies, Star by Star was quite possibly one of the most exciting and and action-packed novels I've ever read and Traitor was just the best I've read yet from NJO. I am at Force Heretic II Refugee right now so still 3 more books to go, but overall I really enjoyed the NJO series so far. The Dark Tide duology and Enemy Lines duology were also great ones.

The worst was Balance Point, I don't know I got through that, it was so boring.

• 1 year later...
Ok the Thrawn trilogy is a given of course....along with. the heir to the empire books. But I'd like to see Survivors Quest (Luke & Mara at their finest), "Outbound flight", "Shadows of the Empire", & " Darksaber" which could actually be written as a comedy imo. I'd also like to see the entire "young Jedi knights" series (which I have a feeling we may actually see with Disney in charge now.)

Having just read Death Troopers, I'd have to say that would make a brilliant movie choice

You should check out Red Harvest, is the prequil to Death Troopers set thousands of years prior at a Sith Academy, and deals with the origin of the Black Wing Virus.

Edited by Tomb-Stone

• 2 weeks later...
Now that they're making movies again... I don't think they're really expanding to EU but I hope they'll be able to offer us a Bane trilogy. He was mentioned in the first one anyway, right?

Bane was first mentioned in the novelization of Ep 1.

I'm one of the many ppl on here who have voted for Bane trilogy. Also what could be cool is a trilogy on Revan: Rise, Fall, and Rebirth. An aforementioned movie on Exar Kun would be cool too.

Also, someone mentioned Vin Diesel to play Bane. Another problem for me with him is that he's too short. Bane was 2 meters tall! I want some big intimidating bruiser to be Bane!

Contradicting my previous sentence on height ;) Dominic Purcell would be a bad a** Bane as here's a photo shopped pic someone did of it:

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/065/7/f/Darth_Bane_by_DigitalPimp74.jpg

They could give him the Tom Cruise treatment and get a bunch of shorter fellow actors in the other roles to give off that 2 meters vibe :D

Honestly, none of them.

People should read some proper books and they would realize that if you strip away the SW IP, they are most, if not all, incredibly mediocre to downright terrible. You can look at a list called something like "pitfalls of bad writing", open any SW book and see that they are riddled with these pitfalls. It's slightly above fan-fiction quality but not much.

I would even go so far as to say that the only reason anyone reads them at all is because SW fans are hungry for lore and SW stories and care nothing for the quality of the books.

Honestly, none of them.

People should read some proper books and they would realize that if you strip away the SW IP, they are most, if not all, incredibly mediocre to downright terrible. You can look at a list called something like "pitfalls of bad writing", open any SW book and see that they are riddled with these pitfalls. It's slightly above fan-fiction quality but not much.

I would even go so far as to say that the only reason anyone reads them at all is because SW fans are hungry for lore and SW stories and care nothing for the quality of the books.

Have you read/feel the same way about the Bane trilogy? I see your statement on a couple of books but in my opinion the Bane books are well-written.

And of course the point of SW books is to sell as many copies as possible. Every novel makes the NY Times Bestseller List. Publishing companies, and some percentage of authors (not going to speculate on what percentage), only care about sales so there will be more SW books for a while to come as the franchise is staying hot with video games and now the anticipation of the new movies.

I personally find most of the SW books to be entertaining and good reads. What are you considering to be good books? 50 Shades of Gray :rak_tongue:

Have you read/feel the same way about the Bane trilogy? I see your statement on a couple of books but in my opinion the Bane books are well-written.

And of course the point of SW books is to sell as many copies as possible. Every novel makes the NY Times Bestseller List. Publishing companies, and some percentage of authors (not going to speculate on what percentage), only care about sales so there will be more SW books for a while to come as the franchise is staying hot with video games and now the anticipation of the new movies.

I personally find most of the SW books to be entertaining and good reads. What are you considering to be good books? 50 Shades of Gray :rak_tongue:

The problem I have is that every author is trying to one-up the last author in terms of abilities and powers of the THEIR character to the detriment of the overall story. Every single conflict is always more dangerous than the last one. Every "bad guy" must have a meaner super special ability than the last bad guy.

The heroes always have some magical device or a super power that saves the day. Or they have psychic abilities and can read minds at all times. Then there is the problem of unintelligent writers writing supposedly "highly intelligent" characters without having any idea whatsoever what high intelligence even looks like.

Take the latest book as an example. Annihilation.

So this dude has this magical thingamajic up his butt that makes imperial security worthless. I mean, he doesn't have super powers, so he must have unexplained magical devices instead, right? Then we, of course, must spend half the book discussing mommy issues as well, right? Talk about padding....

The baddie has this super advanced and super secret thingamajick ship that operates on the Force, somehow (it's never explained in any detail) and the only thing that can stop is this dude and his magical device that works on a PROTOTYPE ship that is fueled by the force? So, tell me, where did he get this god device and why doesn't every SIS agent have such a device? I mean, it's just a small stick, you'd imagine that a device that can disable EVERYTHING with an imperial logo on it would be, you know, handy?

The book is terrible.

And what about Revan? Yet another nerd fantasy by Drew which A) completely ***** on the entire character of the Exile, making her a whining padawan and B) Makes Bastila sound like a teenager. That guy must have gotten A LOT of rejection from women in high school.