Legacy Repair Droid is junk

GalenDurron

You are entailed to 6 restores in a 6 month period (maybe its 12 months). All you have to do is open an ticket and explain to them why you miss purchased the droid and BW will probably refund you credits.

Good Luck.

-Sam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever some think the OP should or should not have expected I think this post is a good warning. No way this thing is worth a million credits. As long as your other companions have a bonus in the three trade skills you picked you just don't need this. The cost vs value is way off on a lot of the legacy stuff. I don't mind spending a lot for cool useful stuff, it's just this is kinda meh. Edited by Fredcat

I just bought the Legacy Repair droid yesterday and I'm not a happy camper. According to the description of the unlock, it says "Unlocks an astromech droid on all characters' ships that buys items, repairs gear, and sells unique modifications for your protocol droid" What a load of road apples.

I wasted a million credits on this thing, it sells 1 modification, the sensor, just different varieties. C2 is a useless droid that sits on my ship and runs errands. He can't fight and Doc is a better healer so all he is good for is crafting and crew skills missions. All the different sensor mods do is give him a small bonus to a particular crew skill, along the same style as all your other crew members (for example, Lord Scourge has a +10 bonus to artificing efficiency and archaeology efficiency).

But Scourge, and all my other companions also tank and dps. C2 stands on the ship and tells me about the dust in my quarters. I spent 1,000,000 credits because it said "modifications" not "multiple varities of the same modification". If I could, I'd return this useless droid but now I'm out 1mil for practically nothing. Oh sure, he can repair and sell...yeah, I do that every time before I leave a planet, and unless this droid gives me discounted repairs (he doesn't) it's a worthless ability. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/itemssold.jpg/

Fixed, since obv your enter button is broke...

Not to call anyone out, but didn't GZ say something about changes to c2n2 personality wise? I thought they were gonna sell something like a personality change chip or something on the ship vendor droid? If not, I guess I dreamed that then. But, I will say 1 mil for this droid is high. 500k? That might be a little bit better. They should've cost tiered these items-higher your legacy the less it costs to buy imo. My 2 cents anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
I NEVER SAID I WANTED TO USE HIM FOR COMBAT! Seriously, what the frack people? If your going to take the time to respond, at least do me the curtesy of reading the gosh darn post accurately. Boggles my frackin mind. And your idea of multiple modififcations is clearly different than mine, I read multiple and think different mods, you read it as more than 1 item for sale regardless of what it is.

Yes you did, right here:

He can't fight and Doc is a better healer so all he is good for is crafting and crew skills missions.

And here:

Not into a combat companion, into a better crafting companion (since that is all he does). All this sensor does is make him on-par with the other companions crafting ability, but they all have multiple uses, he has just the one.

In response to the other people commenting with, I'm bothered by the fact that (as I already stated, but you clearly didn't bother to read) it said "modifications" plural. As in more than 1. Not mutiple varieties of the same piece.

Simply put, your argument makes no sense.

Addendum: I am also disappointed by artifice not having crit, I need that!

Edited by Exhaltia

does exactly as described. And it is just the first iteration of this driod. There maybe future upgrades added, of course the price may also drop :)

So far I have made over 500k just selling access to my ship droid so other people can buy the sensors. I sell access to my ship at 25k a pop.

I just bought the Legacy Repair droid yesterday and I'm not a happy camper. According to the description of the unlock, it says "Unlocks an astromech droid on all characters' ships that buys items, repairs gear, and sells unique modifications for your protocol droid" What a load of road apples. I wasted a million credits on this thing, it sells 1 modification, the sensor, just different varieties. C2 is a useless droid that sits on my ship and runs errands. He can't fight and Doc is a better healer so all he is good for is crafting and crew skills missions. All the different sensor mods do is give him a small bonus to a particular crew skill, along the same style as all your other crew members (for example, Lord Scourge has a +10 bonus to artificing efficiency and archaeology efficiency). But Scourge, and all my other companions also tank and dps. C2 stands on the ship and tells me about the dust in my quarters. I spent 1,000,000 credits because it said "modifications" not "multiple varities of the same modification". If I could, I'd return this useless droid but now I'm out 1mil for practically nothing. Oh sure, he can repair and sell...yeah, I do that every time before I leave a planet, and unless this droid gives me discounted repairs (he doesn't) it's a worthless ability. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/itemssold.jpg/

C2-N2 (or its Imperial counterpart) is a great healer for all of the classes that don't come with their own healer at early levels. It just takes some gearing up in order to make them truly effective. I used my C2 several times on Taris the last time I was there with my Smuggler, especially in a couple of Heroics where it was 3 Smuggler players and we couldn't find a healer to run with us. C2 got the job done.

While it might not seem like much for those who have a healer companion from the start, that's the benefit of unlocking it across all accounts, right?

l2readthefineprint

This man is right on the money.

Look, OP. You'll learn to look deeper at what's written, what's hidden in between the lines, and so on when it comes to BioWare Austin. If you approach anything BioWare Austin says at face value without deeper thought, you'll come away disappointed.

Hm...I'm kind of disappointed to learn the ship astromech droid doesn't sell crafting supplies. That would have been my entire reason for buying one.

One million credits seems like a pretty big premium just to get 5% more extra crafting crits, or whatever.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

... now that I know I can get crafting bonus mods from this, am I the only one who is now tempted to buy that droid due to the OP's post rather than not wanting to?

you can group with another player, have them enter their ship first, then you follow.

This allows you access to their ship in which you can purchase the mods yourself without buying the vender.

All that aside this is totally stupid. You have to get Legacy 7 of which the only thing you get is the chance to buy a droid that some have to scrounge to get 1 million credits so you have the ability to buy a module that will make one of your characters crafting a little better. What a freaking joke. The Legacy system is turning into the worst pyramid scheme ever.

Am i getting this right by looking at the picture in the link.

I knew i could unlock this for 1 million credits at legacy level 7 (coming up to legacy level 5 now and 900k saved) BUT i did not know that the items you buy for the bonus's are legacy level 12. I assumed that by unlocking it at legacy level 7 it would be good to go. Seems crazy to give us the unlock at level 7 but unable to use the thing until alot later on at legacy 12.

If thats the case, then ill think ill wait till im legacy 12 incase the prices drop for the unlocks. Or is there another purpose to unlocking it at level 7 legacy im missing?

Also i aimed to unlock it and let guild members access my ship as im ingame alot, would they need to be any legacy level to access the droid, ie level 7 or is that just for the unlock? realise need to be legacy 12 as things stand though to use the items

In response to the other people commenting with, I'm bothered by the fact that (as I already stated, but you clearly didn't bother to read) it said "modifications" plural. As in more than 1. Not mutiple varieties of the same piece.

I'll buy you a clue: Multiple varieties IS multiple items on the vendor. ;)

And as a two for one special, here is a second clue: MMOs patch in new content over time. So expect to see more mods on the droid over time. Next time, wait and see, rather then plunge and rant, IMO. :)

You made two mistakes:

1) not researching before you purchase

2) whining about it on the forums.

C2-N2 (or its Imperial counterpart) is a great healer for all of the classes that don't come with their own healer at early levels. It just takes some gearing up in order to make them truly effective. I used my C2 several times on Taris the last time I was there with my Smuggler, especially in a couple of Heroics where it was 3 Smuggler players and we couldn't find a healer to run with us. C2 got the job done.

While it might not seem like much for those who have a healer companion from the start, that's the benefit of unlocking it across all accounts, right?

Fully geared, he is subpar compared to actual healer companions. I guess he is better then nothing, but he really was a waste of gear to test him out on this. I may try him out again at high levels, but at lower levels he is just gimp. If they game him ranged weapon capability that would make him more balanced and effective as a healer companion so that he can contribute meaningful damage between healing cooldowns. As it stands now, if you are a melee character, without a healer companion, you can scrape by on him. But he realy sucks for ranged damage dealers because he insists on running up and punching the mobs which means he often will not heal you at range

Edited by Andryah

i'm not saying its a little lackluster in what it offers, but it does offer you "unique modifications." Granted the part that makes modification plural is that it offers you multiple modifications for the same item slot. But its not inaccurate, its just not congruous with your expectations for it.

my question is what did you expect it to be as it relates to your droid? You don't need to "gear" him up, you have companions that do better healing, and better dps, who are easier to gear (for the most part, see below). The droid operates almost exclusively for the purpose of crafting, and you get bonuses to crafting from buying the items (at least at max level).

I will say that the purchasable droids items could have been dealt with a little better, just for the purposes of "alts" and their use of the companion droid while leveling. It could have been a means to gear up the droid to heal especially for those classes which dont get a healing companion for some time. But you also have to consider that you can't gut the part of cybertech that produces droid stuff because you have a droid that sells stuff on your ship.

I just bought the Legacy Repair droid yesterday and I'm not a happy camper. According to the description of the unlock, it says "Unlocks an astromech droid on all characters' ships that buys items, repairs gear, and sells unique modifications for your protocol droid" What a load of road apples. I wasted a million credits on this thing, it sells 1 modification, the sensor, just different varieties. C2 is a useless droid that sits on my ship and runs errands. He can't fight and Doc is a better healer so all he is good for is crafting and crew skills missions. All the different sensor mods do is give him a small bonus to a particular crew skill, along the same style as all your other crew members (for example, Lord Scourge has a +10 bonus to artificing efficiency and archaeology efficiency). But Scourge, and all my other companions also tank and dps. C2 stands on the ship and tells me about the dust in my quarters. I spent 1,000,000 credits because it said "modifications" not "multiple varities of the same modification". If I could, I'd return this useless droid but now I'm out 1mil for practically nothing. Oh sure, he can repair and sell...yeah, I do that every time before I leave a planet, and unless this droid gives me discounted repairs (he doesn't) it's a worthless ability. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/itemssold.jpg/

Sounds, just like the CE vendor.

* Oh the irony...

No free repairs is what pisses me off. Million credits, & we can't get free, 2k average, repairs? Crap.

His mods... friggin rock!

P.S. I can't believe you wanted to use him as a combat droid... thats just odd.

Edited by Muldaak

So it's ignorance to go by the tooltip written by the people who made the game, that tells you what the droid sells. And it's my fault for not assuming it what was written wouldn't be accurate? I see, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me chief.

droid sells and does what its supposed to...anyone who was interested in the droid knew exactly what it did. nowhere did it ever say you would get tanking mods or anything like that,purley crafting.

Multiple varieties of the same piece is plural. More than 1.

I NEVER SAID I WANTED TO USE HIM FOR COMBAT! Seriously, what the frack people? If your going to take the time to respond, at least do me the curtesy of reading the gosh darn post accurately. Boggles my frackin mind. And your idea of multiple modififcations is clearly different than mine, I read multiple and think different mods, you read it as more than 1 item for sale regardless of what it is.

The sweet sweet irony.