OMG I am going BLIND with this new look! PLEASE REVERT!

Agooz

You know... I was just thinking the same thing about your signature. :p

The new format, layout and features are fine, IMO. In a few days you'll find a new focus of something else to complain about I am sure. :)

My signature worked fine on the old forum -_-

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok with still issues and bugs to abilities, classes, quests, raids, pvp, crafting, content, etc...Was really ANYONE QQing or criticizing the old forum's look that it needed priority to work on over everything else?? I dont think I read a single thread since beta where anyone complained about the forum look. There was absolutely no need to make the change. It is not making anyone's life better, especially that at most 5% of the population is actually using the forum.

Hec, freakin fix the shuttle door that is left behind at the end of Black Talon before you revamp your forum!

Furthermore people really need to understand the difference between QQ/Whine and criticism. Can anyone say anything that isn't kumbaya on this forum without being labeled as a QQer?

Of course the same people that work on the web site are the ones working on the game!

I would love an option to have borders and to change the colour of text and back ground, I suffer from a specific condition that makes it so i find it incredible hard to tell apart certain colours, can you guess which they are.

The rest of the site is fine but the forums are just crazy for me now. Its alot worse when people have quotes as there signature or a wall of text unlike mine which you can tell is a sig or the normal lightsabers but even sometimes they look like they are part of the persons post.

Edited by Shingara

Yeah... the new look lacks defining areas, as mentioned above it is hard to immediately read though with anything you do adjust but that's is bad design.

When someone views an information site they should immediately be able to see one area/section from the next without having to draw imaginary lines in their heads.

All in all it looks and feels cheap and nasty.

Something you would expect from a design grad student not from a multi million dollar online game.

I dont mind the look of the forums. I haven't spent much time on the website since they were redone. I will say that the reply option they give you to threads makes it seem like they are simply useing a revamped version of a guild launch website instead of coming up with their own. I guess I'm too used to the wow forums.

Somehow the colors both bleed together and clash at the same time. I keep telling myself that makes no sense, but that's what my eyes are telling me. I'm finding it very difficult to concentrate on the screen as my eyes start to lose their focus almost immediately. I'm already detecting the twinges of strain as a result and have begun copying posts into Notepad before reading them, as well as authoring my own posts within that program and pasting them into the reply interface, in an attempt to alleviate this.

Same here. Except it makes my vision dark (especially with the text), too. Probably of the strange mix of colors.

Of course the same people that work on the web site are the ones working on the game!

Apparently you dont understand the concept of "resources". If you have on your payroll webdesigners sitting around doing nothing, so you just create a meaningless task just to keep them busy, then you are already doing something wrong.

"OMG I'm blind and can't see where one post ends and the next notepad is my only option bad colours clashing leave stuff alone crazy biofail EA twitsd!!!!"

Same here. Except it makes my vision dark (especially with the text), too. Probably of the strange mix of colors.

Perhaps a visit to the optician is needed?

Great new design website/forum skinner designer person. Looks good and modern. Good stuff. :o

The new site looks awesome and professional, so kudos to the designer on it! It's very clean and refined now.

HOWEVER, I think the biggest issue arises with the color segregation for forum posting/reading. The black and gray are too much of a jarring contrast for most people. The color of the font is spot on, but does not itself work well with the gray boxes. I can understand that the designer was wanting to make each post stand out in contrast to the previous post in order to help the readers distinguish post, but I feel he/she actually hindered this process instead of helping it .

There is a better solution. They can keep the website and the color scheme, but make all post boxes black or near black. Then they can use their gray color as an outline of the box between post and all of that nested further in a complete thread separated from the background. OR they could make all of the forum background black instead of gray and then make the text boxes the current font color and the font color the current gray box color.

p.s. LOVE THE SPELL CHECKER !

Edited by Holocron

This new layout actually feels and looks better.

It's like Facebook all over again, where everyone hates it but ends up going with it in the next few days/weeks.

Except for the fact that the Facebook layout sucks, whereas this layout doesn't :p

But obviously not everyone would like it.

Apparently you dont understand the concept of "resources". If you have on your payroll webdesigners sitting around doing nothing, so you just create a meaningless task just to keep them busy, then you are already doing something wrong.

The web designers are not just sitting around doing nothing, there are changes to the web pages every week. And how do you know that they are on payroll? You don't know if the Web people are only working on BW web pages, or for all of EA.

But any way my comment was about post I quoted, which was implying that "resources" were used to update the website and not the game. Again these are not the same group (most web people would have no idea about game design). So even if you got rid off all the web designers it would not affect game design. It is not like you could bring in more game designers and have them up to speed for many weeks.

Anyone else having a problem with Firefox hating the new site? I'm getting a lot of html tags showing up that is throwing off the placement of items and links.

Other than the aweful colors it works fine on Firefox for me, version 11.0

I like the main site design but everthing just blends on the forum making me have to strain to read.

I like the new design for the most part. Is it perfect? No, but it looks more polished than the old site. The only 2 things I would change would be to allow for different color schemes, particularly in forums, and move the main menu bar on the main page to the top of the page. Those 2 minor changes aside, I think the new site is a great step in the right direction.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.