Devs please explain where all the new schems are.

MosesMercury

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe any new orange armor schematics are in the game, except for the PvP and end-game items. And something seemed to have changed without any real obvious notice from BW.

Here we were told "Armormech crafters may reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and apperance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success."

And also "Modifiable weapons AND ARMOR can now be reverse engineered and researched into empty, custom (orange) shells with the same name and appearance, ADDING A WIDE VARIETY OF NEW OUTFITS to the game." (emphasis added)

While the 1.2 patch notes say "Players may now reverse engineer MANY ENDGAME items to research schematics for items and mods. Campaign and SOME Black Hole endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items upon reverse engineering them." (emphasis added)

For synthweaving, there is also "Additional lower-level light armor schematics have been added." Note that this does NOT indicate they are orange schematics.

Only other mentions of schematics in the 1.2 patch notes are for the PvP gear.

So hopefully you like either the looks that are already in the game, or the new PvP gear, or the new Campaign gear, because those are the only oranges available. My male consular doesn't particularly like either the PvP or Campaign sets, but the mid-level gear isn't so bad...just wish there was more variety of those looks.

Either way, I would stop wasting time looking for the new schematic drops, because if they aren't in the patch notes, the aren't in the game.

I leveled Underworld Trading from 1 to 250 since patch 1.2 and received 14 orange crafting schematics in total:

7 Synthweaving and 7 Armormech, lowest crafting skill required being 60 armormech and the highest being 400 synthweaving.

Edited by _Hibbs

They didn't deliver. We can't get new orange shells from existing orange items ( even non-quest items ). There are no new armortech recipes from UT or TH. I've run several hundred of both. I've gotten augment recipes but no new orange armor schematics other than the ones put by the devs on the PVP vendors.

They didn't deliver. We can't get new orange shells from existing orange items ( even non-quest items ). There are no new armortech recipes from UT or TH. I've run several hundred of both. I've gotten augment recipes but no new orange armor schematics other than the ones put by the devs on the PVP vendors.

No 'this is far worse 'than 'they didn''t deliver. They lied 'to us. Bioware's ac'tions since day one have been CRIMINAL.

It's been two weeks.

I've run every single level of Underworld Trading missions dozens of times over.

I have not seen a single new schematic.

I haven't seen a single new schematic on the GTN on my server either.

And, from what I've been reading here, the experience has been the same.

As a Synthweaver, I am very disappointed in Bioware on this note. Way to go...

I bet it won't get picked as a question that they decide to answer.

well if you don't ask you don't get, i have already submitted this question, but as my question was answered in last weeks Q&A. i might not get mine answered this week. so other ppl should ask also

nothing ventured nothing gained

oo i'm a cliche machine today :p

Anyone running Investigation missions to get schems ?

I just took it and got it to about lvl 40 ( I imagine that would be 20 "oranges" missions). I got an orange lvl 20 electrostaff. I wonder what else you can get....

I have run dozens of investigation missions since 1.2. They reliably give all the new custom and elegant weapon schematics, and some blue armor/synth schematics that I don't believe are new (but who cares either way, they are blue = useless).

In my personal opinion, I think this entire function for augments is a dead end. I am a Synthweaver with Underworld Trading and Archeology crewskills. I read on the earlier patch notes that I would also be able to craft augments, but if I need to obtain them from drops or slicing missions, it is a completely failure as I can't slice and I've received no drops for them since the patch.

This is off topic, but all augments now rely on slicing. You get the parts to make augments from slicing missions, and you get the schematics from those same missions.

Pretty much nobody is making augments for low and mid levels now though; the supply has disappeared.

I have ran so many flippin underworld trading missions, on two characters. Mostly what I get back are non LIGHT schematics, a lot of stuff for bounty hunter - and lately within the last hour - mostly stuff that can only be used by a repub - I don't even have a repub character, I have four level 50's on the emp.

All I want are some light, empire schematics. Whats up with this?

I haven't seen any new schematics myself. GTN is full of blues and the same high level custom items over and over again.

I have a few random synthweaving schematics that don't ever seem to pop-up on my GTN. For instance, I have the reinforced Chanlon Greaves but not the chestguard or the headgear. I also have the Peacekeeper Elite Chestguard but not the other pieces. Can anyone confirm if these schematics drop from UWT or of they come from elsewhere?

I'm getting plenty from Investigation missions. In fact, last friday I recieved a schematic for a blue belt, an orange blaster cannon (not useful for Imperials like myself) and an orange sniper rifle over three companions. Doesn't seem to be "new", but it's definitely easier now to get those things.

Underworld trading in the past has gotten me nothing but orange schematics for the Republic. As an Imperial, it's been very frustrating.

While the 1.2 patch notes say "Players may now reverse engineer MANY ENDGAME items to research schematics for items and mods. Campaign and SOME Black Hole endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items upon reverse engineering them." (emphasis added)

For synthweaving, there is also "Additional lower-level light armor schematics have been added." Note that this does NOT indicate they are orange schematics.

I think that pretty much sums it up. They said (probably hoped) to get more mod-able armor into the game, but fell short of that goal. I hope they answer what happened with those plans, either here or in the QA this week.

I think that pretty much sums it up. They said (probably hoped) to get more mod-able armor into the game, but fell short of that goal. I hope they answer what happened with those plans, either here or in the QA this week.

What you quoted looks suspiciously like the Public Test Server notes that have been.. umm.. disavowed. ...put on hold, ...or otherwise discredited by a gold guy.

So someone told me that there were artifact quality pieces added to the game with the same look as a lot of old orange pieces that came from quests and flashpoints. The point of these artifact pieces was that you could RE those and learn the orange shell of that look.

Is there are truth to this? Can someone redirect me to where this was discussed or have screen shots of it?