Devs please explain where all the new schems are.

MosesMercury

Well, I tried with the tweets:

Me: Can you confirm whether or not the orange schems referred by GZ here are ingame? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3870719

@SWTOR responded twice:

It will say "Research Available" in the tooltip if this is possible when REing. Hope that helps! -KF

and

Orange schematics for some of the high-end sets are learned from REing purple armor pieces. Not from Crew Skills. -KF

:( Was hoping for an answer that applied to the question, though... I'm going to try again!

Responded with: Yes, but GZ referred specifically to post-1.2 armormech and synthweaving schems through Underworld Trading, but none seem to be.

Then linked this thread.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SWTOR: Can you specify which post by Georg specifically states Underworld Trading? -KF

@ME: Excuse me, through "mission discoveries", which include UT. So far, we have seen none through any mission discoveries. tweet limit

@ME: He said "We have added a number of orange appearance schematics to the system through mission discoveries." Where are they?

This ^^^^

A quote from Georg Zoeller, Principal Lead Combat Designer

"Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance"

I have seen a couple of posts saying maybe they meant the new endgame gear added in 1.2 and others saying maybe they just were not clear on what they meant by this. I say there is no possible way to get the wrong meaning from this quote. It CLEARLY says "almost any modifiable outfit" which is a long ways from the few things that drop in the new content. I believe it means exactly what it says and they just failed to deliver, hence the reason why they are completely ignoring this thread. What could they possibly say other than "we screwed ya'll on that one" because it aint in the game. If it were just a bug it would have been ackowledged as such by now, either on this forum post or in known issues. Bioware has a lot to learn about how to deal with an MMO community because ignoring things such as this is not the way to handle it. You don't tell your players that you are doing something of this magnitude, which would have did wonders for crafting and for our gear options, and then just leave it out and choose not to even acknowledge it. And this is not the only aspects of 1.2 that they did not deliver on, it's just the only one this thread pertains to. This was a big deal for many crafters in the game and is definately leaving a scar on our trust in their ability to deliver what they say they will.

this poster found the quote from GZ

Edited by grandmthethird

Just add swgs appearance tab or wows transmog feature and we can finally completely customize our appearances completely the way we want and current worthless items suddenly have value again on the market. Win Win for everyone!

Did they say anything about these supposed new orange schematics in the guild meet thing?

I vaguely recall a mention of it - but I could do with clarification from someone with a better functioning memory - I think it was just a recap of the patch notes.

It's a shame because when watching that it - seems - as if they are passionate about their game; but that belief is stretched a little out of reality with this fiasco.

The main quote about '"..almost any modifiable outfit..." is a little suspect though in the use of the word 'outfit': what exactly do they mean by outfit? I'm starting to think it might refer to a matching set of items, for example with set bonuses. Someone will need to educate me on how many there actually are in game for each class, and if being able to RE only the new ones constitutes as 'almost any', I have doubts.

But it still doesn't answer the lack of mission skill schematic rewards; or the other posts that really strongly lead us to believe we can RE a large number of previously unavailable (emphasis on this) modifiable items.

I suspect we have just been mislead for marketing reasons.

Edit/ "Players may now reverse engineer many endgame items to research schematics for items and mods. Campaign and some Black Hole endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items upon reverse engineering them. Set Armorings do not provide schematics for crafters."

As someone previously pointed out, these are the official patch notes. I'm afraid that's the end of it, they simply streamlined the idea into something, frankly, pretty pathetic and useless for most players, perhaps a cheap sticky-tape quick solution to rush out the patch.

Edited by Daezihang

What really bugs me is the lack of information from them. They know exactly what made it into the patch and what didn't. What law would they be breaking if they just made one post clarifying how things are ? What's the gain in keeping us in the dark ?

Because unfortunately they have the 'winning' arguement, so to speak, in that one can't dispute the final patch notes, regardless of what earlier posts say.

The point is though it wasn't very good of them to lead us up the garden path, only to change their minds at the last minute. Perhaps a decision was made that the best thing to do was leave the situation well alone and allow it to deflate over time; as opposed to simply stating they decided to completely downscale the feature (for reasons unknown) for fear of looking a little silly.

If you look at the lack of ranked warzones also, it seems quite plausible the content of the patch was scaled down in multiple places in order to release it sooner, or to save some of the features for future patches (1.3).

from the information leading up to 1.2, this was the impression i got. and thi is what i thought was going to happen with armormech/synthweaver

the community have been crying out about how bad endgame gear looks. saying, it doesn't look very starwars-y, i do know a lot sorcs hide head slot because ot the overgrown chicken look. so BW said they would change direction of endgame gear looks. but it would take awhile to filter through. so then BW said they would allow set bonuses to be moved via the armoring mod. at the same time crafters would be able to craft just about every gear piece/style look, in the game into an orange shell. this would allow ppl to move their endgame stats out of the awful looking gear, into something more starwars-y. giving players some much needed choice, in appearance

so it was my understanding that moving set bonuses was only part of the master plan along with crafter's making the gear for the set bonus to be moved too. i might have completely mis-read this situation. but this all seemed very logical to me

As I understand, the only fully "transferable" armor mods are in the new tier of gear. You can move stuff from tionese/columni/rakata but you lose the bonus set. And I think that won't change.

I don't mind losing the 1 rage less from saber throw on my warrior. I can somewhat compensate that with augment slots. But looking at a silly medieval cyber-punk crossover is just too much.

As I understand, the only fully "transferable" armor mods are in the new tier of gear. You can move stuff from tionese/columni/rakata but you lose the bonus set. And I think that won't change.

I don't mind losing the 1 rage less from saber throw on my warrior. I can somewhat compensate that with augment slots. But looking at a silly medieval cyber-punk crossover is just too much.

I'm not concerned with mods; they work as we were led to expect, more or less anyhow.

I am concerned with orange schematics, which I was led to expect more of. I have not seen more, though I've run Underworld Trading and Investigation and Treasure Hunting and all the other gathering skill missions nonstop.

Edited by Aloro

Not only that, but we were led to believe that Armormech and Synthweave would be getting Augment Recipes. We have had our slicers working overtime and still haven't found any. And I mean on the entire server.

then tell your "slicers" to stop slacking off. Because i have a bank full of augment recipes.

At this point, i think that it is safe to say that they really don't give a conductive flux about this topic. I have officially lost faith in this development team.

Nice work

Yep, still have today's Q&A, though. Hopefully, it's not another desh pile.

Grade 2 and grade 4-5 missions on most crew skill missions drop orange schematics if you crit on a rich yield

If you didn't have the patience to figure that out on your own then you really need to L2P.

Not really...since my Synthweaver has critted multiple times on both Archaeology and Underworld Trading since 1.2 dropped. No schema.

In fact, since almost daily play since pre-Christmas, I've found somewhere around 10-15? schema, and fewer than 3 of those were for synthweaving.

My Arteficer (different server) has YET to see a schema from either Diplomacy or Treasure Hunting. (Yes, I'm at the mercy of the GTN for my mats...)