involuntary pvp

ivanhedgehog

What you should have learned is not to use AoE around flagged enemies.

It's all about situational awareness.

Not so much... i was doing the Sand People quest, i wasnt flagged. there was like 4 republic guys around, no Sith that i could see. I was killing an Infected beast (so a single mob, so didnt use any of my Sentinel AoEs) suddenly there is all this fighting around me. Like 20 red sand people, a few of those infect beasts all attacking me. So i started AoEing to survive. I finish killing everything i had like 25% left, i take a breath and then i see two red 50 Sith (im 49) pop out of invis and kill me within moments.

I like seeing Sith around and in fact its the worse part of this game for so long the sides are separated... but there is something messed up with the World Event with relation to PVP. Although more than likely its that some PVP players know how to bend the rules to force it on to those that dont.

EG i go on my merry way after that, amused and laughing about it. but then i was trying to do the last part of the Mural quest, still unwanting flagged, i got grieved three times in 15mins BY THE SAME TWO SITH. alas it was late and all my guildies weren't close enough to help. It stopped being funny and pure bullying.

Its not about being situational, its about casual gamers like myself who play on a PVE server trying to do a world event but being forced (somehow??) into PVP... as PVE player i dont know and frankly shouldn't need to know the rules of flagging for PVP.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 50 lads ganking lowbies is a depressing sight.

It is like that scumbag 21 years old who is still in high school bullying the Grade 8 kids.

I still don't know why do people do it.

Just think of it as Anakin killing the younglings.. It's the sith way

I agree this is a problem. I got ganked by like, 15 Imps two nights ago while just sitting waiting for a spawn. I was not flagged for PVP, I was not grouped with anyone at all, let alone anyone who was flagged for PVP, I was not fighting mobs, I was vaccinated from the plague and my hands were not even touching the KB/Mouse when suddenly BAM! I'm flagged and wiped out. That's a problem. If I wanted to PVP I'd be in a PVP area or on a PVP server. Edited by ThunderVamp

I can confirm this happening as well. I was fighting the ghouls that come out of the escape pod by the Sand People Mural and while I was doing so, this ******e that was completely decked out in PvP gear came up. He started attacking the MOBs which... flagged me? I have no idea how but I all of a sudden got flagged. Well, I'm level 50 as well but I stand no chance vs someone who obviously likes to grind PvP to get that stupid looking gear.

Bioware should figure out what exactly is causing this because this is obviously not working at intended.

All you need to do if you are a non-pvp flagged player is to right click on a flagged pvp player. Instantly flags the previously non-pvp player as pvp. Many pvp flagged players, Imp and Rep, are running in and putting themselves into places between a clickable world quest object and non-pvp players just to have that same non-pvp player click on them. There is no warning and sometimes you do not even know that there is a pvp flagged player nearby until he steps in front of you.

PvP in this game is suppose to be by CHOICE. If you stray into a PVP zone in the open world you are allowed a countdown timer and and chance to retreat so you are not flagged. The only other way you can pvp is if you choose to particapte in Warzones/Huttball but that again is by CHOICE. There should be no other mechanic that forces you into a pvp situation.

The above "click" pvp situation could easily be fixed by putting a pop-up that asks if you wish to be flagged for pvp.

Pvp in this game should never be forced upon you.

Right click your portrait, flag yourself manually then right click again and unflag yourself. Go to a base and wait for 5 minutes, get a drink or take a piss or something and your flag will be gone.

Personally while running these I havent actively went looking for low level people to gank, but If I run across you and your flagged, plan on getting hit.

And no I dont suck at PVP so you can save those comments.

Your playing a game involving 2 factions at war so dont expect water balloons and pillow fights if your flagged.

BW should make sure to disable involuntary PVP. You should not even be allowed to attack a flagged player. The only way to go into PVP should be by the a /pvp setting, or a button or something.

I know that the great majority of players just play for fun, and not to grief others. But a few bad apples can mess up the whole game for some players. So BW should really look into this, and disable all options to force-flag other people.

Because imperials have never ganked republic players.

I actually spared 4 level 30+ pub's near the crash site a day ago. It would have been like killing children. However, since you have such a embracing attitude on this matter I will exterminate the next batch regardless of level. The idea was an exploit used, not who's ganking who.:wea_01:

No,

There is nothing gained by killing those weaker then yourself. There is no honor in it and it damn sure is not glorious by any means. An old Tiger will kill rabbits and frogs because its not able to hunt for its self anymore. That is still a matter of survival. Killing lowbies is just a complete display of weakness.:wea_01:

He came in out of nowhere to steal our boss as our attacks started.... as I choose a healer class my most potent attack is Force Quake. And yes I know i can stop it, which I did as soon as I realized he was attacking us. It was more of a guy hiding and trying to force pvp on ppl. Which is fine. My point is that if BW wants to force pve players to run through pvp flagging areas for a quest, ppl should know they are flagged and not cry about it when they are. It happens, deal with it. I'm not complaining that I ganked and was ganked another player, I wanted the item so it goes with the pvp area.

Okay, that explains how my wife and I got unexpectedly flagged PvP by a Level 50 on Hoth. He flagged and attacked me, but probably didn't expect my wife's Jedi to jump in - which she did, and proceded to commense a beat-down. He ran off like a scalded dog before she could finish him.

I was actually there for the event that started this post, and is was a few republic 50s in the Havoc Squad guild on Fort Garnik that were stalking me, a level 30, while I tried to finish up my dailies on Tatooine. It was quite annoying, I'd be fighting a group of rakghouls when suddenly one or all of the 50s would jump in and kill me. Of course, once your pvp flag is on, it STAYS on until you go for 5 minutes without engaging in combat. So, for the most part, I was stalked and killed for a good half hour, each time I went to the area.

Most unfortunately, when I invited another low level guildie to group with me (so I could show him the wreck site) it automatically flagged him for pvp, because suddenly my stalkers were ganking him too. That's when it turned into an all out war, because picking on two low level members of the biggest imperial guild is just asking for it.

Now the reason my pvp flag was on is actually pretty funny. There are lawless zones on Tat that automatically put up your pvp flag (i.e. outlaws den). My level 40 friend had gone through there, and was being stalked by a 50 in the tat daily area. I jumped in to help him, and wouldn't you know that a 40 and 30 nearly killed a level 50 trooper healer. :p We attacked him twice, we were so close the first time, thought we might manage to kill him the second. Unfortunately, you can't chat with players from the other faction (I was unaware of the "say" function at that time) so we weren't able to make it clear that this was all in good fun and that we weren't going to stalk the poor 50. So, we left the guy alone and went about our business. He brought in two more Havoc Squad 50s and attacked me and my friend. We had it coming I suppose :D

This is where it went from being good fun, to just griefing. I couldn't turn my flag off, and despite the fact that I was now a lone level 30 (my level 40 friend logged for the night) I was killed at least 8 times by them. Each time I would res, no matter where I was fighting they would find and kill me. Until my guild mates jumped in. Since then I have seen 50s policing the area on my server.

I still want to see them remove valor from you if you attack a player 10+ levels below you. First time 50, second time 100, etc...

I also don't want to be flagged without me saying yes, I want to be flagged. If I try healing a player who is flagged, tell me if you heal him again, you will be flagged. If I accidentally, or my companion does, attacks a player who is flagged for PVP, I just want an error. Cannot attack this player. The only way in open world I should ever flag is if I right click my portrait.

why did the devs allow the rakghoul plague to involuntarily flag people for PVP? If I wanted world pvp I would have rolled on a pvp server. I watched pub 50's using this exploit to gank lowbie emps on Tatooine tonight. Of course there is no customer service so good luck reporting

Toggle off the pvp flag?

I think your explosion from the plague can flag you for PvP if you are standing next to a flagged enemy.

I am an imperial and was not flagged for PvP standing at the DNA vendor waiting to explode to get the last 5 DNA I needed. I exploded, got my 5 DNA, and thought everything was fine. However, as soon as I rezzed I was ganked by 3 Republics standing at the vendor as well.

Did my explosion hitting a flagged player flag me for PvP?

All this discussion about people infecting the opposite faction and ganking them, clearly you've not figured out 2 of the easiest solutions to prevent this from happeneing.

1) The most obvious, the vaccination.

2) Get infected by either someone of your own faction or one of the mobs. You cannot be reinfected by the opposing faction so no flag.

:rod_rodian_g:

Edited by Evangelist

There are lawless zones on Tat that automatically put up your pvp flag (i.e. outlaws den).

Was unaware of that. Will have to watch for such locations. Do they at least have a count-down?

I also don't want to be flagged without me saying yes, I want to be flagged.

Concur. The main reason I chose a low population server was to avoid dimwits running around, interfereing with my PVE play. Certainly don't care for PVP stalkers who are too pathetic not to get instantly annihilated on a PVP server.

Edited by GreySix

If it's red it's dead. I don't care if it's a level 20 questing alone, or if it's 3 level 50's doing their dailies. I'll jump them anyway. Anyone who doesn't do that and is on a pvp server needs to reroll pve.

WHOOOOOOSH!!!

Point well and truly missed.

The whole point was that they're not on a pvp server. If they were then they wouldn't have any issues about being flagged because they'd be flagged all the time.

Edited by Fantazm

I

This is where it went from being good fun, to just griefing. I couldn't turn my flag off, and despite the fact that I was now a lone level 30 (my level 40 friend logged for the night) I was killed at least 8 times by them. Each time I would res, no matter where I was fighting they would find and kill me. Until my guild mates jumped in. Since then I have seen 50s policing the area on my server.

When your involuntarily flagged, you have to go to your portrait, flag yourself then unflag yourself for the 5 minute timer to kick in. its the only way I can get the flag to wear off on my character or it stays on for quite some time longer then the 5 minutes it says. I assume that is a bug and you should submit a report.

That being said, if your flagged and someone see's you and attacks you then thats not the attackers problem, its yours. Get unflagged, take the antidote that cures you for almost 5 hours and the problem is solved. At that point if you get flagged again its because you went into Outlaws den, used AOE on someone who appeared Yellow to you or healed or was healed by someone who was flagged.

Personally, I attach any Imperial I see to stir up faction rivalries in the game.

I mean, if the players don't make it happen, it sure isn't going to make itself happen. The two factions are supposedly at war, yet they are offering more same-faction warzones. I can tell that bioware doesn't have an interest in perpetuating the "feel" that a war is going on.

That's fine if they take that route; it just means I have to try and make it happen myself :(