Remove the rakghoul plague now

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bioware had to worry about making sure no one got their knickers in a twist over some aspect of the game, we would not have a game, and certainly no world events.

This even has been a win/win on just about every aspect of it

Hope to see more like it

I'd really laugh my <bottom> off if they made it harsher next week end before the end the 24th and made us turn into rakghouls like you did turn into undeads in WoW, being able to run around and infect people with a simple hit before dying.

Actually, not sure I'd laugh... since it would almost certainly cause at least 5 persons to have a heart attack...

I'd love it. As long as it doesn't really screw things up (like you get clobbered so many times your armor breaks, or repairs end up taking a huge chunk out of your savings), I love crazy stuff like that.

I really think it'd be silly fun, hordes of players ganging up on guards or raiding cities (protect starter planets so the genuine newbies don't get put off) and have at!

And they'd have to add "corp por u suk" as a battle cry. :D

Thanks for proving my point, you throw terms like selfish, griefers etc around way too freely.

You belong to a minority, a very small one considering the amount of people who have posted that they like the event and don't want it changed. Yet you want BW to include an opt out, which involves extra time and resources to make sure it works as intended etc, and also opens up for similar demands over similar issues and situations. Isn't that selfish?

Wanting to implement a way for people to choose their own course of play and avoid having it tossed upon them is selfish?

And I am quite used to being part of a minority; does not mean that we are incorrect, our opinions are worth more or less than others, or that we require others to suffer for our fun.

As I point out in another post, simply end the stun effect the plague creates. It will keep the event moving and allow others who do not participate to not be annoyed from constant stuns effecting general gameplay.

constant stun? it is 2 second stun in 10 min mark and a second on at 20 min mark and explode.

Talk about blowing out of proportion.

Thanks for proving my point, you throw terms like selfish, griefers etc around way too freely.
No. you don't want the event changed, even though the change would have 0 impact on you unless your enjoyment is strictly due to infecting people who don't want to be infected.

Calling that attitude selfish isn't throwing the term around "too freely" .. you've taken up an incredibly selfish position.

It costs you nothing, unless your goal is to infect people who don't want to be infected. If your goal is to infect people who don't want to be infected, then you're doing it intentionally. Calling you a griefer under such circumstances is entirely warranted.

Yet you want BW to include an opt out, which involves extra time and resources to make sure it works as intended etc, and also opens up for similar demands over similar issues and situations. Isn't that selfish?
No, that's not selfish. It's asking them to drop the price on an item (which is a database entry), and to add the "persist though death" flag to a buff that already exists (which they clearly can do easily). Time cost for them is minimal. Edited by ferroz

As I point out in another post, simply end the stun effect the plague creates. It will keep the event moving and allow others who do not participate to not be annoyed from constant stuns effecting general gameplay.

2 seconds every 20 minutes affects your gameplay? Wow, my mind is blown right now.

constant stun? it is 2 second stun in 10 min mark and a second on at 20 min mark and explode.

Talk about blowing out of proportion.

Blowing things out of proportion was what we do here when we cry I thought. Oh well.

You belong to a minority, a very small one considering the amount of people who have posted that they like the event and don't want it changed. Yet you want BW to include an opt out, which involves extra time and resources to make sure it works as intended etc, and also opens up for similar demands over similar issues and situations. Isn't that selfish?

The funny thing is, that there is an "opt-out". They have included in the game play a cure for this "annoying event" as some have put. Lot's of people seem to keep forgetting about this. I was infected at the GTN, as ya do, and I think maybe I coughed and sputtered 2 times, during the 6 hour duration of the infection I received, and it had absolutely NO effect on my quality of game play.

I suppose the other "opt-out" would just to be unsub for the time being, but sheesh, really folks, it's only a game! IT'S ONLY A GAME!

(and by the way Runeshard, I was just responding to the "opt-out" bit of your post. In now way am I attacking you, it's more of an agreeance than anything.)

Personally, I think that if you want to make it better for the roleplayers, there should be teams of high end security forces on fleet and capital planets that shoot to kill. They should be sufficiently powerful to stop most people from making into the station. It should require a coordinated effort to reach the inner ring of the station and even then you should be tracked down by the containment forces.

but I'm not advocating for that, because I know that would impact some people's fun.

That would be awesome. Best post from you and finally one I totally agree with.

But you see...I would be perfectly content if they just gave those a way to opt out of the infection if they wanted to. Replying to a suggestion which would also do that, is not saying it is the only suggestion. Overall my stance has been consistently in this thread not to change it for those who wish to do it...but only a way to opt out if you wanted to avoid it completely. And warning travelers not to go to Tatoonie is fine...but then not making the Fleet a safe zone is a bit too much. Tatoonie is a big zone and they can restrict the places for the plague. But the Fleet? It is a very central area for the game and measures should have been taken to prevent the spread there for those not wanting to be infected.

That just sounds really dull. And before you or anyone else cries out "selfish griefer" or any other such charming accusation, I'd like to say that the reason I think so is that it would have made the event very stagnant. As for why an opt out should not be added for this, well, I've already given reason for that. To add something like that, based on the demands of a small minority over something so trivial just opens up for having to do so in other situations when a small group has a little problem with something.

Blowing things out of proportion was what we do here when we cry I thought. Oh well.

Throwing a pie in the face of someone who is only passing by seems to be harmless and only silly fun for some, no pemanent damage...can be washed off...but ask the one who got the pie in the face and they may feel totally different about it.

As for why an opt out should not be added for this, well, I've already given reason for that.
Where? Because they're a minority?

Or is it because you'll stop being able to intentionally infect people who don't want to be infected?

No logic here please. Besides it requires 1 click to opt out, but the nay nayers want a whole reprogramming of the event instead.
Who's asking for reprogramming the event? I think that there are some roleplayers here and there who are asking for it to be more realistic/less immersion breaking, but that has nothing to do with liking/disliking the event (people on both sides of that argument are asking for that). Edited by ferroz

Throwing a pie in the face of someone who is only passing by seems to be harmless and only silly fun for some, no pemanent damage...can be washed off...but ask the one who got the pie in the face and they may feel totally different about it.

You are right...the horror of getting pies thrown in your face inside an MMO game is really a problem. No more pie throwing ever in MMO's.

Honestly?

Yeah, that might just irritate me but getting exploded on in a video game...not so much.

You are right...the horror of getting pies thrown in your face inside an MMO game is really a problem. No more pie throwing ever in MMO's.

Honestly?

I know, I'm kinda thinking, they added this event for FUN. Games are meat to be FUN. If people can't handle the FUN, then why are they playing? Why are they paying if they consider fun events to be a "pie in the face"? Isn't this what we paid for? Oh yeah, and as a reminder from my last response:

IT'S JUST A GAME FOLKS!

And I am quite used to being part of a minority; does not mean that we are incorrect, our opinions are worth more or less than others, or that we require others to suffer for our fun.
Bring part of an oppressed minority in "real life", with "real life" issues, definitely makes your opinion just as valid as anyone else's.

But here you're in a video game, and the issue is very minor and will eventually affect you once in a blue moon if you are really unlucky when you play normally. This makes your opinion, as a tiny minority, invalid, since it involves changing a part of a temporary game event (that will be over in a few days) that the very vast majority enjoys. It doesn't break any other part of the game, and you can still enjoy all those other parts just like you were doing before last week end.

But I guess making mountains out of a molehill about a TEMPORARY event is a good way to seek attention when bored at work ;)

And another one who mixes up "real life" issues and a temporary event in a video game.

Actually, I'm starting to think you guys (the whiners) are taking video games WAY too seriously.

Edited by Korrigan

The funny thing is, that there is an "opt-out". They have included in the game play a cure for this "annoying event" as some have put. Lot's of people seem to keep forgetting about this. I was infected at the GTN, as ya do, and I think maybe I coughed and sputtered 2 times, during the 6 hour duration of the infection I received, and it had absolutely NO effect on my quality of game play.

I suppose the other "opt-out" would just to be unsub for the time being, but sheesh, really folks, it's only a game! IT'S ONLY A GAME!

(and by the way Runeshard, I was just responding to the "opt-out" bit of your post. In now way am I attacking you, it's more of an agreeance than anything.)

The opt out you are refering to does cost the players something. It is not free and does not persist thru death. And it yeah..it is a game...but one which we ALL have to pay a sub price for. Therefore we do have the right to complain. And I agree..there is the option of unsubbing. I donot think any wise gaming company prefers that option tho. :cool:

No. you don't want the event changed, even though the change would have 0 impact on you unless your enjoyment is strictly due to infecting people who don't want to be infected.

Calling that attitude selfish isn't throwing the term around "too freely" .. you've taken up an incredibly selfish position.

It costs you nothing, unless your goal is to infect people who don't want to be infected. If your goal is to infect people who don't want to be infected, then you're doing it intentionally. Calling you a griefer under such circumstances is entirely warranted.

No, that's not selfish. It's asking them to drop the price on an item (which is a database entry), and to add the "persist though death" flag to a buff that already exists (which they clearly can do easily). Time cost for them is minimal.

I've already pointed out what allowing for and opt out etc can lead to in terms of having to cave in again and again evertime a small group of the community has a trivial problem.

I doubt you know the time and resource costs for something like that, I'm certainly not going to take your word for it. I mean you even disagreed with a dicitonary, calling it invalid just because it showed you were wrong.

Btw, did you change the colour of my text? Not to standard, I don't care about that, but did you? If so, to what end?