Farming "The Unusual Egg"

Locrinus

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Orokeet last night, it was actually quite easy and I only camped it for ~ an hour. Went with my level 50 sniper, but when I saw there were a couple imperials camping it, I switched to my level 50 shadow and knocked them both off. One of them came back about 4 times, but since the run for imperials to the southwest egg is super-long, and they take a load of damage during the fall, it was not difficult to dispose of them.

This egg is so easy to get at the moment, ofcourse it really depends on how quiet your server is too! Try grabbing it at unsocial hours for your timezone. If you think this pet is hard to get try getting any one of the rare pets in Perfect World!

From my experience, there is clearly a farmer who logs in solely to ninja the egg on 5 minute intervals every 4 hours and logs off immediately after the egg is collected. Can't blame him too much as it is currently an absurdly easy way to get some quick cash once you are aware of the very minute if not second it appears and just spam click during that interval. Especially in his case where he appears to be the only one doing it on the late night hours, likely to ensure that the respawn time is easily exploitable as leaving it untended would throw a kink into to finely oiled farming apparatus.

I imagine it may get worse before it gets better when more people are able to figure out what the respawn time on the server is and decide to add some competition.

Though, unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, I have noticed the egg does not respawn on the exact same spot on the nest within the respawn area. Can anyone else confirm?

Edited by Lord_Epping

I don't understand this phenomenon really. Why are people camping this at all if they know that they can be ninja'd? Sure you will need to compete with other people who have the spawn rate clocked as well, but why wait for hours? And why do people think its important to get their entire guild plus alts these vanity pets? Even just logging in every 4 hours this is the dumbest use of time ever lol. NotSevv you are putting a lot of effort to troll both forums and your server but you're pretty boring now. Tauntaun mother lol.

Don't worry. Campers will get tired of it, or they will have to start selling to low demand on the GTN eventually. Its just a waiting game.

I got mine on the very first try without even having to wait, but I was so so lucky. I'm on a low pop. server, and my days off are in the middle of the week and I was playing during regular business hours. I thought I would just hop down to see what the next was like, not expecting to get an egg at all especially because I saw someone already down there and figured they were camping. I died about three times on my way down, but when I finally made it I saw the egg was sitting there right next to the other person. I waited a few seconds because I thought they would have already clicked it, but after a while I gave it a shot myself and got it. Very lucky!

I thought the whole idea of novelty crap like that was for people who had endless time to sit and wait for an egg to pop out every four hours and click it. Either embrace it or let it go .. it is the way of online life.

The idea was to keep people interest that like these things and stop them from cancelling accounts. Same concept as new warzones. Either of which, once the prospective used find out that they are unusable/inaccessable, will fail to keep peoples interest. If you had a warzone that was not working because of botters, it would be considered broken.

Maybe they should have a warzone that spawns every 4 hours, allows only 4 people from each faction and requires a glowie click to get in que. Give it epic lewt that can only be gotten from that warzone. and put the g;lowie way in the back end of belavis.

Ref the BIOWARE answer, more than one spot

This may be true, but this is not the answer to the issue, we all want to get the egg, but keep been beaten by farmers, that sell them 20mins later at 300k each

I have seen one person adn he has admited to me he has 2 chars on 2 nests and logs them on just before respawn adn nabs them before all others

He has now sold like 24 of them just like a farmer and no one else get a look in

This just does not feel right, im not gona cry about it, ill just helping the farmers on thier way by paying, but is this what you really want?

Ref the BIOWARE answer, more than one spot

This may be true, but this is not the answer to the issue, we all want to get the egg, but keep been beaten by farmers, that sell them 20mins later at 300k each

I have seen one person adn he has admited to me he has 2 chars on 2 nests and logs them on just before respawn adn nabs them before all others

He has now sold like 24 of them just like a farmer and no one else get a look in

This just does not feel right, im not gona cry about it, ill just helping the farmers on thier way by paying, but is this what you really want?

We don't all want the egg, it's pointless fluff.

I finally grabbed one of these myself out from under the Egg Farmer on the Fatman server the other day. It was most delicious.

I knew just about what time it was going to spawn, so I got to the location, watched the farmer pull up to the nest, then sat there for about 10 minutes spamming the right mouse button as fast as possible. If you aren't pounding on the thing, you can get your repetitions down pretty close together. The trick is knowing the exact spot the egg appears.

If you don't know this, spend some time there and watch then it appears and take a snapshot or use Fraps or something to record it so you can rewind and review.

For my part, I was looting one extra egg so that I could hand it to the player that I met last Saturday who had been sitting in the nest for 3 hours waiting for it, only to have this farmer come in and snake it out from under her.

The snake has now been snaked, and I'm done with the Oro nest for a while. LOL

I don't know if that person is using a macro to hit the button or what, but it's possible to get one, even out from under the farmer themselves.

That said, I hope the Devs watch this thread and others and make a few simple changes to make it a more equal chance for those that choose to put the time in. These concerns are legitimate. They should be addressed in some way, even if you just make the nest a PVP free-for-all zone and ban vehicle spawning there.

How about we put together some search parties to go scour the cliffs of alderaan to search for new egg locations?

I'm in! I wish we knew HOW MANY more there were, though. There could be multiple or only 1 additional.

I just want to say thank you to a healer that I met today on my server. My main is also a healer, and I was at the nest early this morning in hopes to be able to obtain on of the eggs today. I've been at the nest several different times this week to no avail.

Long story short I lost the click contest once again. However I still got a pet. Why? Because against all contrary belief there is a community on my server. While it does have its share of <insert colorful words here>, this person was definitely not one of them that I had met this week. After loosing, I asked who won, and congratulated the winner as is proper then went on my way. I was content that I was going to try again later that day or another day and eventually get my pet.

The clicking winner wsp'd me and asked me to wait. They gave me the egg that they had just won. They stated that they were making an effort to screw with the people who were looting the eggs to sell.. I want to give this person a big shout out.. If they are reading this, they know who they are... I really appreciate what they did, and want to give them some publicly deserved praise.

It took some patience and exploration, but I found an egg spot nobody knows on my server (except me and my guildies). It for sure was more fun than trying to beat the campers and famers on egg clicking, and it's way more rewarding too.

Listen to the yellow post... and go explore a bit.

Bioware did definitely make a few huge errors with this. First, the respawn timer is known to be four hours exactly, that sort of thing totally enables the eggfarmers. It should vary wildly between spawns. Second of course that there is no limit on how many eggs a farmer can grab - at the very least it should be locked out for a day after getting one.

As for being amused about people getting bent out of shape for this, well - it's not the egg, it's the time invested. If you go there and follow the rules for this and camp for two hours and sit there crafting etc while doing other things and then get beaten to the draw by a farmer who logs on a minute before and has a script to recognize when the egg shows and auto-click it, you just got two hours of your life stolen.

It doesn't matter what you've been waiting for in that case, it's still infuriating even if it is just a silly vanity pet.

I don't understand what everybody is moaning about. Either park at a spawn point and find one or do some dailies and buy one. Money is not hard to come by.

Why does everything new in this game come accompanied with a huge pack of moaners. It is a vanity pet in a game, do you honestly care that much?

Hi!

I'm the guy who originally found the egg on the Public Test Server (I was, literally, the first guy to ever find the egg in the game).

Several things I want to point out (that others have also)...

1. This is a vanity pet. It's a little green bird that follows you around and literally does nothing but look cute. It's awesome, but nothing "really" worth camping/getting angry for.

2. Those who DO camp/macro/whatever and sell these eggs for high prices...you are very interesting people. I'm happy I'm not on YOUR server, because you have zero sense of community/social graces. In-game credits matter more than decency, I suppose. Or you have zero problems with doing this and, if this is the case, then so be it.

3. There are several locations of the egg. Not all have been found. 3 as far as I've read on the internet. Another one that I personally found. This still doesn't alleviate the problem of rampant sales. BW should just make these untradeable and bound to legacy. Problem solved.

4. I believe BW customer service should do something about the farmers. But, hey, BW customer service also doesn't want to detract subscribers so they probably won't.

That's all I wanted to say.

tl;dr: Farmers, get a life. Those who want the egg but don't want to combat farmers, just forget about it for now. It won't affect your gameplay at all.

Edited by Nyjin

Just want to re-iterate... it's not the value of the egg itself, it's the value of your time.

If you sit there camping two hours because you think it's worth it and someone logs in right there at the last second, clearly having timed it, and then uses an automation tool to beat you to the draw, you feel cheated out of your time. It approaches griefing at that point, almost.

So for all of you going "It's just a vanity pet" you're missing the point of the farmer hate completely. It's not that you don't get the egg, it's that someone used unfair methods to cheat you out of it.