Who did you romance?

BuckyCameron

finally someone who lets me act like my gooey, goodie goodie self

Heh, my agent is not at all a good person (although her professionalism and practicality have meant that she trends pretty strongly light side), and even so Kaliyo was starting to wear on her. She was starting to sound reasonable.

Her feelings for Vector (which were, on her part, completely unexpected) have had a remarkably good influence on her as a person, though.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I romanced Temple on my agent because, hey, Kailyo was the crazy one, right? Ooooh boy how wrong I was. I *like* her -- except for her weird combat shouts -- but I had no idea how fanatical she was about duty until the last few conversations. Wow. Yes, I'd have picked Vector if they had let me.

Neither option for a female warrior appeals to me. Vette is surprisingly interesting, so I'm almost regretting not playing male. And my inquisitor kind of wants to romance Khem Val.

Heh, my agent is not at all a good person (although her professionalism and practicality have meant that she trends pretty strongly light side), and even so Kaliyo was starting to wear on her. She was starting to sound reasonable.

Her feelings for Vector (which were, on her part, completely unexpected) have had a remarkably good influence on her as a person, though.

Crezelle was all cold chissly efficiency, but after

brain dammage, and wittnessing the sith brutality

she just wanted to save lives. She doubted her efficiency in the field due to it; heck, she was told off for being soft after hutta. Luckally, she learned mercy in the field can be of diplomatic use: she has bowed many figureheads of organisations to the empire's will.

She is head over heels for vector, but her instinct tell her she can't trust anyone 100%

even if he himself can be trusted, how well can he guard his secrets from the nest, and coicidentally, how much would the nest guard those secrets from the enemy, if under threat? remember, the killiks don't have the same view of loyalty and betrayal as humans do.

Neither option for a female warrior appeals to me. Vette is surprisingly interesting, so I'm almost regretting not playing male. And my inquisitor kind of wants to romance Khem Val.

Khem Val is the inquisitors' emotionally unavailable boyfriend. It's kind of alarming how desperate my inquis was for his approval.

Crezelle was all cold chissly efficiency, but after

brain dammage, and wittnessing the sith brutality

she just wanted to save lives. She doubted her efficiency in the field due to it; heck, she was told off for being soft after hutta. Luckally, she learned mercy in the field can be of diplomatic use: she has bowed many figureheads of organisations to the empire's will.

She is head over heels for vector, but her instinct tell her she can't trust anyone 100%

even if he himself can be trusted, how well can he guard his secrets from the nest, and coicidentally, how much would the nest guard those secrets from the enemy, if under threat? remember, the killiks don't have the same view of loyalty and betrayal as humans do.

Livia was very ruthless and very practical, but she had a taste for the wilder things in life that was at best unseemly and at worst would end up humiliating her family, so they sent her to work for the Empire. Of course she takes her job very seriously (she is Chiss, after all, even though she was effectively exiled), but she includes the effect what she does may have on public opinion in her decision making process, even though that sometimes complicates things for her. She was pretty dismissive of the sith and chose to concern herself with doing her best for the empire as a whole before

her encounters with Jadus and the subsequent paranoia of the dark council and its effect on her life and health, and now that she actively loathes them she is only more committed to doing what is right for the people of the empire instead of what is right for the sith and their apparatus.

She trusts Vector as much as she trusts anyone, except possibly

the minster of intelligence, who she has grown to have a great deal of respect for, despite the things he has done (whose hands are clean in intelligence, after all?)

and certainly more than anyone else in her crew, except possibly Kaliyo, in her own way. (And her trust of Kaliyo is due more to the fact that she knows her well enough to know trustworthy she is in a given situation, and less to her actually being very trustworthy.)

But she still remembers

how distant he was when she very much needed someone (anyone) to be there for her

and that kind of tempers things a bit, I think. She is still pretty new to the whole having feelings about someone that aren't 'I want to do you' or 'I want to kill you'.

But she still remembers

how distant he was when she very much needed someone (anyone) to be there for her

and that kind of tempers things a bit, I think. She is still pretty new to the whole having feelings about someone that aren't 'I want to do you' or 'I want to kill you'.

Crezelle was in no shape at all to start any serious romance in chapter 2, and was afraid things would get pushed too far before she had her own mind settled. She had already scared herself by murdering a few people in fits caused

by the serum, and watcher X telling her to kill the chemical supplier.... she just killed someone because the voice in her head told her to O.O

he had his distance, but it was a blessing in disguise. If he got too nosey, she may have had orders coded in her to eliminate the possible threat. She had no idea what was going on in her head, and needed to sort it out ASAP, who knows, maybe her feelings were a side effect? maybe the cure would cause her to do a 180, and hurt them both. quite frankly romance was on the back burner at that time. Sure she flirted with saganu and others, he was a little taste of "home comfort", but it wasn't much beyond that.

she did, however, want him to be the one next to her when she was finally cured, to see if the feelings she had stayed as her mind settled down and stabilised, or at least be the last person she saw in case the cure backfired.

or maybe she just didnt want watcher X ...watching.... for a second time....

fool me once...

or maybe she just didnt want watcher X ...watching.... for a second time....

fool me once...

My agent enjoyed that. She takes pride in her work after all.

Livia's Vector went with her and kept watch when she was rooting through the archives, and he went with her when she went to Quesh to drug herself up. He was concerned because she was obviously not well, but not overly so, after all she hadn't been really well since shortly after he joined her crew - she had something of a breakdown after taking out Jadus, and had been plagued by nightmares ever since. On the way back to the ship after injecting herself she collapsed though, and he found himself uncharacteristically angry with her for endangering herself for no obvious reason, and he let her know he was. (Not that he yelled or anything, of course, but it was clear that he was upset, and her pointing out to him that that wasn't like him was what spurred him to go and examine his feelings and to decide that maybe he needed to understand himself better.) He did see what she injected herself with, if not the proportions that they were mixed in, and after her refusal to speak about it consulted with Dr. Lokin. Lokin, being no one's fool, had a pretty good idea of what was going on - based on the drugs, his intelligence experience, and what he knew of her behavior, and told Vector in no uncertain terms to drop the subject - trying to find out what was going on would only lead to trouble for all of them if she knew about it.

She wasn't looking for any kind of romantic entanglement during this time (to be fair, she never really was looking for that at any time), just a friend, but between Lokin telling him to back off and his preoccupation with what was going on in his own head, he wasn't really even providing that. Her trip to Hoth was one long, protracted nightmare - she was desperate, she was losing her mind, and the person she brought to help support her was nearly ignoring her. (Not that she had much of a choice about who to bring - she couldn't trust Lokin because of who and what he was and the way he insinuated himself onto her ship; and she couldn't bring Kaliyo, for fear that she would do something to jeopardize the mission - she doesn't exactly have a delicate touch, after all.) If not for Saganu's kindness and attention she would almost certainly not have survived.

She doesn't hold this against Vector, she understands his reasoning. But she remembers, and it serves as a reminder that ultimately she can't fully trust or depend on anyone but herself - and, unfortunately, even that isn't completely certain.

She didn't really have feelings for him until after that whole situation was resolved, or, at least, she was in no position to notice or understand them. I mean, she wanted in his pants from day one, and she knew that she liked him, but she wouldn't have even recognized that she liked him liked him at that point. She is not very intelligent about emotional things.

Edited by Celacia

How is it that so many romance threads end up turning into Vector threads? :D

My agent spent all of Act II desperately hoping that Vector would notice what was going on! I mean he's a smart guy, right? Surely he overheard some of those holocalls? Surely he wondered what she was wanted with strange chemicals and forbidden files? I guess he's just too polite. :rolleyes:

I really wanted there to be a moment when my agent could talk to her crew about the secrets she had been keeping from them. Finally, Vector actually point blank asked her what was wrong and what were my choices? Something along the lines of:

1) We have a mission to finish

2) Go away

3) I'll explain later

So I chose number 3 and get negative affection from him! What part of "I'll tell you later" did he not like? I was so frustrated! And then I never did get to tell him later. Argh! Guess I'm just supposed to imagine that conversation.

My agent enjoyed that. She takes pride in her work after all.

Livia's Vector went with her and kept watch when she was rooting through the archives, and he went with her when she went to Quesh to drug herself up. He was concerned because she was obviously not well, but not overly so, after all she hadn't been really well since shortly after he joined her crew - she had something of a breakdown after taking out Jadus, and had been plagued by nightmares ever since. On the way back to the ship after injecting herself she collapsed though, and he found himself uncharacteristically angry with her for endangering herself for no obvious reason, and he let her know he was. (Not that he yelled or anything, of course, but it was clear that he was upset, and her pointing out to him that that wasn't like him was what spurred him to go and examine his feelings and to decide that maybe he needed to understand himself better.) He did see what she injected herself with, if not the proportions that they were mixed in, and after her refusal to speak about it consulted with Dr. Lokin. Lokin, being no one's fool, had a pretty good idea of what was going on - based on the drugs, his intelligence experience, and what he knew of her behavior, and told Vector in no uncertain terms to drop the subject - trying to find out what was going on would only lead to trouble for all of them if she knew about it.

She wasn't looking for any kind of romantic entanglement during this time (to be fair, she never really was looking for that at any time), just a friend, but between Lokin telling him to back off and his preoccupation with what was going on in his own head, he wasn't really even providing that. Her trip to Hoth was one long, protracted nightmare - she was desperate, she was losing her mind, and the person she brought to help support her was nearly ignoring her. (Not that she had much of a choice about who to bring - she couldn't trust Lokin because of who and what he was and the way he insinuated himself onto her ship; and she couldn't bring Kaliyo, for fear that she would do something to jeopardize the mission - she doesn't exactly have a delicate touch, after all.) If not for Saganu's kindness and attention she would almost certainly not have survived.

She doesn't hold this against Vector, she understands his reasoning. But she remembers, and it serves as a reminder that ultimately she can't fully trust or depend on anyone but herself - and, unfortunately, even that isn't completely certain.

She didn't really have feelings for him until after that whole situation was resolved, or, at least, she was in no position to notice or understand them. I mean, she wanted in his pants from day one, and she knew that she liked him, but she wouldn't have even recognized that she liked him liked him at that point. She is not very intelligent about emotional things.

As an agent, you pretty much forefit your privacy, and your ability to fully depend on anyone other than yourself.

My agent spent all of Act II desperately hoping that Vector would notice what was going on! I mean he's a smart guy, right? Surely he overheard some of those holocalls? Surely he wondered what she was wanted with strange chemicals and forbidden files? I guess he's just too polite. :rolleyes:

I really wanted there to be a moment when my agent could talk to her crew about the secrets she had been keeping from them. Finally, Vector actually point blank asked her what was wrong and what were my choices? Something along the lines of:

2) Go away

3) I'll explain later

So I chose number 3 and get negative affection from him! What part of "I'll tell you later" did he not like? I was so frustrated! And then I never did get to tell him later. Argh! Guess I'm just supposed to imagine that conversation.

aaayup....and probably all the threads turn this way cause of me :D

the fangirl swarm has overtaken this thread, and will join all others into the vector fanclub !

Joiners are creepy. (I think it's the eyes and the use of the plural 'us' and 'we')

My juggernaut went with Vette over Jaesa because of A. can't romance Light Side Jaesa and B. Vette is just too adorable. I love her spirited personality.

My commando romanced Elara (never mind the fact she's the only option). There's really a side to her you don't see unless you follow the romance path. She's not so stiff and formal once she's warmed up to you, though she does maintain the discipline that's instilled into you growing up the way she did.

2) Go away

3) I'll explain later

First, because he's awesome. Not just as a romanceable companion, but in general, he is one of the most interesting people in the game.

Secondly, like I explained (for my agent, at least) in my spoiler tag earlier,

I am sure he did notice, but was warned off saying anything because it could have possibly had very severe repercussions. How much worse for the agent if he discovered what was going on and confronted her about it and she was forced to kill him?

And yes, you have to fill in the blanks there with off-screen conversations. On the one hand, that's kind of disappointing, but on the other, it means that everyone's version of what happened there will be a little different, which is nice. I think you get negative for that because you are basically rebuffing him when he is trying to help, and it hurts his feelings. For my agent,

he was with her when she confronted Ardun Kothe, and heard everything she had to say to the man before she killed him. And there was quite a lot that she did have to say, including

that of course the Empire sent her, and he would be a fool to have thought otherwise, but that that didn't mean that what she had told him about what she had had to do to stop Jadus, and how she wanted to help make a galaxy where no one would have to make that kind of choice again wasn't true, or that she wasn't willing to switch sides (it was a very dangerous thing for intelligence to send her on this mission - it made her credible, but also meant there was a good chance that she would turn). Also, that even if he hadn't done what he did to her (for which she was going to kill him), and whether she had truly changed allegiances or not, she would still try to stop him here, because his plan wouldn't work - it would just provoke the sith (who don't care about the people anyway) into a show of bravado, resulting in an unconscionable loss of life, and guaranteeing that even the reasonable people of the Empire would stop at nothing to have revenge on the Republic. And that by doing what he did to her, and showing her that not only was the Republic not any better than the Empire, but actually (to her mind) worse, because they claimed to be so much better, he had guaranteed that instead of being a sympathizer she would now be an enemy of the Republic, and that was a very bad thing. All he had had to do was trust her a little - she saved Chance, didn't she? (She did - he used the codeword, but only because he was terrified of dying, which was understandable and forgivable, unlike the way Kothe and Hunter used it.) (And I am getting all wound up thinking about it again.)
So, he at least knows everything that went on - and they talked about it after. I don't know for sure if Livia ever discussed it with the rest of the crew, except for Lokin, who she had to thank for thinking to keep Vector partially in the dark about what exactly was likely going on.

As an agent, you pretty much forefit your privacy,

If she had realized she was going to be watched she would have put on a better show. (This is the sort of thing that made her family want her far, far away from them.)

If she had realized she was going to be watched she would have put on a better show. (This is the sort of thing that made her family want her far, far away from them.)

ahahaha

people go all " ewwww you know the whole hive is watching, right?"

and i'm just " yeah... you can't overtake alderaan when your buisy watching what i do, i leave all those killiks in a stumbling, wobbly kneed, doubble visioned, drooling afterglow daze"

ahahaha

people go all " ewwww you know the whole hive is watching, right?"

and i'm just " yeah... you can't overtake alderaan when your buisy watching what i do, i leave all those killiks in a stumbling, wobbly kneed, doubble visioned, drooling afterglow daze"

Yeah, she has no problem with that, although I think she would prefer not to have any of them noticeably in the room, being all chitin-y and imposing. It might throw her off her stride. She is a lot less uptight about other species than she was raised to be, but she does have some limits.

Edited by Celacia

Yeah, she has no problem with that, although I think she would prefer not to have any of them noticeably in the room, being all chitin-y and imposing. It might throw her off her stride. She is a lot less uptight about other species than she was raised to be, but she does have some limits.

i know, right... like my irl bf's cat...she just...sits there, and watches... or will literally climb up on us, wanting attention.

or walk around, meowing for attention....

the killiks can ask him all the questions they want latter if they get confused/curious.... but just leave them alone when things heat up >:3

they need to have it so whenever my agent walks by killik mobs on alderaan, they stop, and /grovel at her feet.

-Elera : didn't have the choice, but she was still quite interesting. Well, once she stopped talking about rules.

-Iresso : consular female. I didn't planned to romance a male (mostly because I'm male hetero), but he was quite interesting. Well, especially because he said Jorgan was an a**.

-Risha : at first, Risha was an obvious choice. She act like princess leila when you try to flirt with her, she seems greedy, while being a hidden softy. But honestly, Akaavi was interesting, I don't know why, but I love her voice. Tough and unexpected choice.

Also, I have a female IA with no romance. I let you know why, even if it's not really the question, I think it might be interesting :

- I planned to make her bisexual, and only seeking long relationship with female. She use male as tool for her work, or for sex only. I planned to romance Kaliyo, but no homosexual relationship in TOR.... This is quite weird, since on the beginning, Kal have a lot of flirty line, even for a female. Maybe they started to makes her bisexual, and cut the content.

Also, Vector really scared me. I don't understand why so many women love him, honestly, he is creepy. "Hey, I have INSECTS crawling inside my skin, and I'm always linked to the Hive Mind !" Oh and don't forget the eyes ! Also, I don't know, there is something wrong with him, I feel he act like a girl (all sweet, need to be protected...). Come on vector, show me you're a male !

Also, Vector really scared me. I don't understand why so many women love him, honestly, he is creepy. "Hey, I have INSECTS crawling inside my skin, and I'm always linked to the Hive Mind !" Oh and don't forget the eyes ! Also, I don't know, there is something wrong with him, I feel he act like a girl (all sweet, need to be protected...). Come on vector, show me you're a male !

Um.

A) Girls aren't "all sweet" and "need[ing] to be protected".

B) There is nothing "wrong" with acting "like a girl" regardless of one's sex. One is not less of a "man" if one displays some feminine qualities.

Also, I think the eyes are sexy.