Rakghoul World Event

Almar

Just got done most of the Tracking the Origin quest and uploaded all of the pictures. I am on one of the final parts of it now. Also I am going to buy the mini Rakghoul pet and put up a few pictures of him for people!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be happy to hear that several people were directing folks to both your forum post and website on my server (Master Zhar Lestin) last night. Thanks for putting all of this together.

I am very happy to hear that! I am also happy to say that this event is a huge hit (at least on my site) My previous all time record was 10,000 unique hits in a single day and yesterday I broke it by getting 17,000 unique hits. Today is going to be even more! =D

The guide is now 100% complete on my site with all the pictures, coordinates and information! There is a good chance I will go back and add the dailies to the bottom of the page but right now it's got almost all of the required information!

Also I am probably going to do a writeup on the world bosses for this event, just need to find a group to do them with first!

Super confusing event.. ran around tat with no quest showing so gave up! PUT PROPER INFO INTO YOUR **** QUESTS/EVENTS!!! *********! :mad:

It's suppose to be like that, after all it's nothing gamebreaking. And that's why guys like Almar exist, to show us the way. Hallelujah ;)

Super confusing event.. ran around tat with no quest showing so gave up! PUT PROPER INFO INTO YOUR **** QUESTS/EVENTS!!! *********! :mad:

Actual direction for this would have made it less enjoyable for me. I prefer a little adventure in my MMORPGs, who wants to be told what to do all the time? That's no fun..

Actual direction for this would have made it less enjoyable for me. I prefer a little adventure in my MMORPGs, who wants to be told what to do all the time? That's no fun..

^This. When its just a matter of following quest markers where is the fun? I like a bit of exploration and discovery, the fact that so little was known about this event initially was what made it so exciting for me. I want more content like this in the future ;D

can you guys confirm for me that the last codex entry in the event is the title? right now i'm sitting at 8/9 codex entries. Also my first time around i ended up with 21 dna samples 11 from doing the quest and 10 from blowing up 2 times. Too my knowledge there is no armour damage taken from dieing this way. I also have the rakghoul "rakling" companion and it's awesome.

Can anyone confirm that the area Quest (stardream crash site) repeats?

Thank you so much for this guide!

The event is super awesome so far, but I will confess I was a bit confused when I first logged in.

I thought I had to actually avoid Tatooine, and the infected.

I was wrong. o_O

New quest or yesterday it was bugged for my guild and we cannot find it. "Passenger list" - recover 4 pod capsules. Reward -> custom gloves + 4 or 5 DNA samples. So we have 2nd item. Blood sample quest gives boots.

Yeah, that's new as of today. Seems they're adding (not removing) new dailies as they go along.

Well, from what I've seen so far, I've gotten 11 DNA samples for one outing, and going to do it again with an alt. Also, if the Rakghoul plague kills you, you get DNA samples as well. 5 more, and there is NO repair bill. Good news indeed. :D

Now, you COULD take the orange social 1 gear, but the faster you get the DNA, the sooner you can get a helluva crystal from the little Jawa guy. Or just sell the DNA and make bank. :D

Edited by Captain_Zone

can you guys confirm for me that the last codex entry in the event is the title? right now i'm sitting at 8/9 codex entries. Also my first time around i ended up with 21 dna samples 11 from doing the quest and 10 from blowing up 2 times. Too my knowledge there is no armour damage taken from dieing this way. I also have the rakghoul "rakling" companion and it's awesome.

Can anyone confirm that the area Quest (stardream crash site) repeats?

I can confirm the the final codex entry is the title. I had 8/9 last night, and after redoing the some quests (the two areas, then two of the world bosses) I triggered the title entry.

The event is symbolic of state of the game as the subs explode so does the characters. You dont know what happening in EA atm, alot team is fed up with it themselves and EA is sacking people, investors are pulling out of support of the game it not going to last a year. Look at the recent threads speaking about mass layoffs of the SWTOR team. The plague was just a distraction to hide the bigger problems and it also bugged and not working as intended.

If all you are going to do is whine and fabricate doom-and-gloom scenarios, you should just stick to trolling fansite and media article comments like the rest of the complainers. Oh, while I'm on the subject... point out a reputable source of info about these supposed layoffs of the SWTOR team. You won't be able to, because there is none, and you are either lying or you've gotten swept up in the Chicken Little syndrome: "OMG SWTOR IS LIKE TOTALLY DYING !!1!" Also, before you do it, random forum threads are not an industry news source.

Has there been any information how long this event will be available, i.e. how many days do I have to get the DNA samples needed for the stuff I want to buy?

Also, do you think a level 18 can do the crimson rakling quest? Or are higher level mobs preventing low level toons from completing this quest?

Edited by KyaniteD