Exclusive? Um...

xTekwarx

So I posted this on another thread and it got closed...and no I didn't read all 14 pages of peoples comments, just enough to see that other people who paid for this "Unique" item are pissed.

First of all...it was originally advertised and listed as "exclusive". As of this release...Razer quickly changed the site to read "Unique". Either way there is NOTHING exclusive or unique about an item EVERYONE has.

Second, people that actually paid for this hardware with the expectation that they were getting a "unique" item to them because they owned specific hardware that gave them that perk for purchasing, as I did, are pissed. You didn't pay for it, we did, and then they gave it away to everyone else. That's BS.

Third, it's no ones business if I wanna piss my money away for a digital item I think is cool. I don't care if others can't afford it. I don't care if others can't believe I would spend money on that. In the end the people are just pissed off they can't afford it and will be all happy we got screwed and in the end they got it for free cause that's all they could do. I have money to piss away on a hobby I love, and when I buy an "exlusive" or "unique" item...it is reasonable for me as a consumer to expect I will get what I paid for.

I would like to suggest comphensation of some sort from Bioware and/or Razer.

Except this is all moot because the colour isn't the same. And face it - you never really used that crystal, anyway. You just wanted something to say you had that others didn't. What form that took didn't matter.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not naive. To believe that it is the "same" colour is to be deliberately ignorant for the sake of choosing to take an issue with something.

Sorry, no. Black-Green with slightly neon is not a significant difference from Black-Green. It's close enough that even the devs say it's "subtle" and have to point it out.

So I posted this on another thread and it got closed...and no I didn't read all 14 pages of peoples comments, just enough to see that other people who paid for this "Unique" item are pissed.

First of all...it was originally advertised and listed as "exclusive". As of this release...Razer quickly changed the site to read "Unique". Either way there is NOTHING exclusive or unique about an item EVERYONE has.

Second, people that actually paid for this hardware with the expectation that they were getting a "unique" item to them because they owned specific hardware that gave them that perk for purchasing, as I did, are pissed. You didn't pay for it, we did, and then they gave it away to everyone else. That's BS.

Third, it's no ones business if I wanna piss my money away for a digital item I think is cool. I don't care if others can't afford it. I don't care if others can't believe I would spend money on that. In the end the people are just pissed off they can't afford it and will be all happy we got screwed and in the end they got it for free cause that's all they could do. I have money to piss away on a hobby I love, and when I buy an "exlusive" or "unique" item...it is reasonable for me as a consumer to expect I will get what I paid for.

I would like to suggest comphensation of some sort from Bioware and/or Razer.

Meh, I never use my pre-order crystal. Showing these things off all the time reminds me of those people that show off their big expensive cars. Screams insecurity.

You know i got the yellow crystal and well, its not that different than the yellow. I dont care who gots it, i just wanted to mouse the crystal was a bonus.

What is interesting is that they said for us to keep our crystals as they would be traded for upgraded crystals. I hung onto mine on some characters but there was no way tp trade. They didnt keep their word.

They said a few things that didnt happen. They said there would be a recruitment bag for purchase after 1.2 that had a full set of starter pvp armour too. Never happened.

For the OP i feel sad if you did buy the mouse just for the unique crystal. I was disappointed in mine, but i didnt care cuz I love my mouse :)

Except this is all moot because the colour isn't the same. And face it - you never really used that crystal, anyway. You just wanted something to say you had that others didn't. What form that took didn't matter.

That is still crap, We change that shade by one pixel so we are fine.

If I use biowares, razors and starwars logos on my website and change the shade a little. I'm still going to get my *** sued off.

Actually, you're right and you're wrong.

You're right cause I did want to be one of a small group of people with a Black/Green Crystal. It is one of the reasons I accepted the fact I was paying $150 dollars for a mouse. So what. That's my choice. Say what you will but I saw the package that said "hey look your gonna get this cool item no one else that didn't buy this will get" and i was like all "HEEELLLLSS YEEAAHHH!"

You're wrong because I was using this crystals the second 1.2 hit and I could modify my battlemaster gear to use em...and I did.

Your first paragraph just proved my point in my last paragraph. You're upset cause it looks to similar to your 'unique' color. "why did it have to bee green?"

Like I asked before, how different does it have to look to make you satisfied?

Perhaps you should read my post again, slower maybe. There's a million different colours they could have made it. To make it black-green but add a slight neon touch is not only lazy but clearly not giving a crap about it having the exact same look as their advertised exclusivity.

Sorry, no. Black-Green with slightly neon is not a significant difference from Black-Green. It's close enough that even the devs say it's "subtle" and have to point it out.

Difference exists. Thus they are different. Thus it is still unique and exclusive. I have both. And people are making an issue out of nothing since it was a kneejerk reaction against the colour being the same. When people actually compared for a moment and realized they were not the same, there was already this fury of complaints.

And the last thing people want to do on the internet is admit that they were wrong. Thus, the flaming continues.

That is still crap, We change that shade by one pixel so we are fine.

If I use biowares, razors and starwars logos on my website and change the shade a little. I'm still going to get my *** sued off.

And yet it is different enough for all you guys threatening to sue BioWare for a digital model of a tiny lightsaber to have no legal grounds. :eek:

let the QQ begin, but seriously is someone else having that color gonna hurt you in soe way? get over it its just a freakin color. while your at it BW give the black/yellow to non pre orders nobody uses it anyways lol

Agree, whole-heartedly. [is there a peppermint one or a golden--not yellow--gold color. Silver is nice....] :D

This is rediculous!!

1. Buy this mouse, comes with an exclusive black/green crystal!!!

2. You buy the mouse

3. Four months later, the same crystal is available through normal gameplay

------------------------------------

4. Razor: "Thank YOU for buying my mouse... :D"

5. BioWare: "Thank YOU for buying Razor mouse, we made money in our pockets as a partnership with Razor products"

6. People on these forums: "STOP WHINING MAN, ITS ONLY A COLOR"

I fail to comprehend how one can be so easily played. Yall a bunch of sheeples.

Edited by Thekze

Difference exists. Thus they are different. Thus it is still unique and exclusive. I have both. And people are making an issue out of nothing since it was a kneejerk reaction against the colour being the same. When people actually compared for a moment and realized they were not the same, there was already this fury of complaints.

And the last thing people want to do on the internet is admit that they were wrong. Thus, the flaming continues.

No. Once again, a 1% colour shift does not make it different. When they slap a "New!" sticker on a product, do you automatically assume it's a completely different product?

No. Once again, a 1% colour shift does not make it different. When they slap a "New!" sticker on a product, do you automatically assume it's a completely different product?

But is does. Even if it's '1%' it is still essentially different. Honestly if you don't understand that your arguement goes against logic.

And yet it is different enough for all you guys threatening to sue BioWare for a digital model of a tiny lightsaber to have no legal grounds. :eek:

I'm not saying it's not legal. I'm saying it's a pethictic marketing trick to try and make a quick buck. But I guess when you gaming is going now where your got to do what you go to do.

Edited by Lt_Latency

I'm not saying it's not legal. I'm saying it's a pethictic marketing trick to try and make a quick buck. But I guess when you gaming is going now where you got to do what you go to do.

I honestly think there are more worrying things going on in the world, or even the game than someones tiny lightsaber.

I actively used the crystal even before level 50 trade ups were available, in pvp, in OPs, and questing. I kept a backup lightsaber for if I REALLY couldn't sacrifice 40 or so stat points.

I honestly think there are more worrying things going on in the world, or even the game than someones tiny lightsaber.

This argument doesn't hold up. Unless you're saying that a majority of the people here can solve major world economical, political, and religious problems...from their computer chair. If you want to use the logic of "go outside" then, by all means? You first.

Edited by xTekwarx

It's the principle

I guess look at the positive's BioWare have done recently. I'm guessing if you bought all the equipment, you've likely leveled a 50 and/or got to legacy level 6. Free month on BioWare! It's not all bad. You can have my pre-order crystal if ya like? I don't use it.

You are redefining what "different" means to fit your argument. Sorry, not going to fly with me.

This is rediculous!!

1. Buy this mouse, comes with an exclusive black/green crystal!!!

2. You buy the mouse

3. Four months later, the same crystal is available through normal gameplay

------------------------------------

4. Razor: "Thank YOU for buying my mouse... :D"

5. BioWare: "Thank YOU for buying Razor mouse, we made money in our pockets as a partnership with Razor products"

6. People on these forums: "STOP WHINING MAN, ITS ONLY A COLOR"

I fail to comprehend how one can be so easily played. Yall a bunch of sheeples.

The thing is that most of the people that a tell us to stop whining, will of course be happy cause they are the people that didn't spend money on the product and had an expectation that it would be exclusive as advertised. They are happy to get something for free and could care less that the people that paid actual money for it feel ripped off.

I know some people out there did pay for it, and don't care. But many enthusiasts who were on the edge of spending that much on the hardware, but were pushed over the edge because of the exclusive offer sweetening the pot, have every right to feel ripped off at this point.

If you didn't lose real money on a product you spent your hard earned cash on, where your exclusivity or uniquness were taken away from you...then you shouldn't be allowed to bash these people who did. It's easy to be critical when you are not the victim but are reaping the rewards.

This argument doesn't hold up. Unless you're saying that a majority of the people here can solve major world economical, political, and religious problems...from their computer chair. If you want to use the logic of "go outside" then, by all means? You first.

I never threw the 'go outside' argument, you can do what you want, including arguing your perspective here, who am I to stop you! However if the crystals aren't actually the same, by logic, your argument falls flat. Simple as.

Edited by Kirjava

I guess look at the positive's BioWare have done recently. I'm guessing if you bought all the equipment, you've likely leveled a 50 and/or got to legacy level 6. Free month on BioWare! It's not all bad. You can have my pre-order crystal if ya like? I don't use it.

I didn't do any of those things because I know it's BS and they will hand it out a free months later. Still doesn't make it a respectable practice and I understand why people would be mad after paying for it.

As an Example there is no way i should be able to pay credits to get into the VIP Room. I never will because it's a waste of credits and money. By they way the marketed it giving me access at this point is pretty shady.

Edited by Lt_Latency

The thing is that most of the people that a tell us to stop whining, will of course be happy cause they are the people that didn't spend money on the product and had an expectation that it would be exclusive as advertised. They are happy to get something for free and could care less that the people that paid actual money for it feel ripped off.

I know some people out there did pay for it, and don't care. But many enthusiasts who were on the edge of spending that much on the hardware, but were pushed over the edge because of the exclusive offer sweetening the pot, have every right to feel ripped off at this point.

If you didn't lose real money on a product you spent your hard earned cash on, where your exclusivity or uniquness were taken away from you...then you shouldn't be allowed to bash these people who did. It's easy to be critical when you are not the victim but are reaping the rewards.

The funny thing for me is I was seriously considering upgrading my mouse to the TOR Naga over the weekend, then Sunday rolled around I saw this one at the new vendor and said **** it I'll just earn one this way. Though you can't say they got it for nothing. It does actually take a little work to get it. No you're not spending real life cash on it, but time is no eh in one form or another, so any time spent grinding it out does still count as working for it.