Exclusive? Um...

xTekwarx

obviously they used it that way, and you fell for it. same as I fell for 'ohhh shiny!' when I bought my FFXIV Collector's Edition.... it's normal. it happens to all of us. learn from it.

and no, I'm not going the 'sucks to be you' route. I'm simply telling you that you fell for an old marketing trick and even people who work in that department fall for it at times. it's no big deal, but you make it one regardless.

oh and to the pointing out: believe me, people will be able to point out the old and the new crystal. the new one is .much. brighter, and the difference is about the same as the one from the orange and the yellow one (while the orange one still looks like yellow compared to the magenta one... it's definitely easy to tell that it's the orange one, not the yellow one)

So wait, you're saying it's okay for developers to pull a bait-and-switch?

At which point do we start telling them that's not okay? At which point do we tell the developers they need to be trustworthy? Or are you just content to sit and take it when they try baloney like this?

Also, I'd say it's even closer from black-green to black-green (they're both even called green) than it is from magenta to purple. (After having seen the lack of difference in game).

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellendi

You have to beat the Voss World Boss at level 20, completely naked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...done, but can I can still equip my in game armor right? ?

I actually laughed out loud ( I DID LOL FOR ONCE ) at work in a dead silent room and people looked at me funny.

Then I imagined the scenario again and laughed once more.

How clever. You have thoroughly refuted me by your completely original tactic. How I envy your zenith of semantic power.

They both even use the word "green" dude, not like magenta and purple or blue and cyan. It's painfully obvious to anyone.

You seem like a cool guy, your still wrong though :p

Yes, I'm pretty damn cool. Like, almost as cool as that one guy, who wears his hit backwards, and pants low at the hips, you know, that 'hip-hop' feller dem kids like now adays.

Anyway, joking aside. I'm wrong by opinion alone. This entire thread is nothing but idiots spouting opinions at each other. Yes, we're all idiots. This argument can't be 'won' by a side, and thats one reason I want bioware to just come in. All I really want at all? An apology, if they had just done a different color combination, this entire situation would not have happened. I understand the crystal will NOT be removed or changed, it wouldn't be fair to people who have obtained it. As such, it wouldn't get its color changed either.

The optimal situation? Perhaps the ORIGINAL razer crystal could be made much darker, to actually fit the Razer color scheme (The current shade of green doesn't actually fit 'razer' that much.) And this would make it appear MUCH different. (Because, as I said, I personally can't even SEE the difference in this new one and the old one.)

A do-able scenario would be? An apology from bioware, and possibly...oh I don't know, something to at least acknowledge we did get a little bit screwed.

What do I expect will happen? Unless we hit the post cap on this thread? I don't expect bioware to even respond.

i have razor items, but not the SWTOR stuff that give "exclusive" (LOL) items. i fully understand your problem.

i love the surprise of the event, and glad there are some rewards that may benefit people....but dont ruin exclusive items for others.... theyve annoyed me with this kind of stuff since ive got nothing for my collectors edition.

Forgive me for not going to all pages of this post, but after page 15 it gets a bit tedious. IMO it is a common practice not only in MMO's but in almost every product aviable to make last years/seasons etc hard to get stuff aviable on to all players, for the right amount of cash ofcourse. Maybe your item was limited for buyers of overpriced SWtoR gear, but if you think that would be so for all eternity i think you are severly mistaken.

They both even use the word "green" dude, not like magenta and purple or blue and cyan. It's painfully obvious to anyone.

I can also call you an animal. That doesn't mean you're the same thing as a barracuda, crocodile or lion. Green is a categorical term. Not a specific one, nor an absolute one.

I just read the Razer advertisement. The wording used is "unique", not "exclusive". I'm not sure "unique" is any more accurate than "exclusive", but let's at least get the wording correct.

The only people using "exclusive" are people, who like you, didn't read the first few pages, where we already had that brought up, and we did try to stop using the word "exclusive" ;)

Forgive me for not going to all pages of this post, but after page 15 it gets a bit tedious. IMO it is a common practice not only in MMO's but in almost every product aviable to make last years/seasons etc hard to get stuff aviable on to all players, for the right amount of cash ofcourse. Maybe your item was limited for buyers of overpriced SWtoR gear, but if you think that would be so for all eternity i think you are severly mistaken.

That message was written when it was only 3 pages long, and people were ignoring a large chunk of the initial conversation and re-raising points already made. If you read at least to page 4, you should be good.

As for your point? It would work, if it wasn't for the fact the Razer gear was released when the game was. And even then, the first 'wave' was incredibly small, and instantly sold out. I worked quite hard to avoid getting screwed out of wave 2, and still only got mine 3 months ago.

Most of the time the 'bonuses' are released? Is years after their initial release, not only a few months.

Edited by xTekwarx

Yes, I'm pretty damn cool. Like, almost as cool as that one guy, who wears his hit backwards, and pants low at the hips, you know, that 'hip-hop' feller dem kids like now adays.

Anyway, joking aside. I'm wrong by opinion alone. This entire thread is nothing but idiots spouting opinions at each other. Yes, we're all idiots. This argument can't be 'won' by a side, and thats one reason I want bioware to just come in. All I really want at all? An apology, if they had just done a different color combination, this entire situation would not have happened. I understand the crystal will NOT be removed or changed, it wouldn't be fair to people who have obtained it. As such, it wouldn't get its color changed either.

The optimal situation? Perhaps the ORIGINAL razer crystal could be made much darker, to actually fit the Razer color scheme (The current shade of green doesn't actually fit 'razer' that much.) And this would make it appear MUCH different. (Because, as I said, I personally can't even SEE the difference in this new one and the old one.)

A do-able scenario would be? An apology from bioware, and possibly...oh I don't know, something to at least acknowledge we did get a little bit screwed.

What do I expect will happen? Unless we hit the post cap on this thread? I don't expect bioware to even respond.

I can agree that whether one can notice the colour difference is evidently subjective from reading the thread although if you look at it as a simple matter of logic. They are essentially different cosmetically.

I can see why people are irritated I guess, but in all fairness BioWare did technically keep it unique, so their not really in the wrong in all fairness. (Even if it is a bit sneaky :p)

I can also call you an animal. That doesn't mean you're the same thing as a barracuda, crocodile or lion. Green is a categorical term. Not a specific one, nor an absolute one.

You can argue semantics all you want dude, you're still wrong. Green is a colour description, not a categorical classification. Your denial doesn't make it any less true.

I didn't read the

ENTIRE

thread, but did anyone ask you how a turtle relates to a crystal?

That's a crazy cross sell. :o

Actually its just the brand I was looking at because I've heard it was good, and all dem new fangled "Call of Honor" TV promotions on the television.

Edited by xTekwarx

You can argue semantics all you want dude, you're still wrong. Green is a colour description, not a categorical classification. Your denial doesn't make it any less true.

You're the one arguing semantics, as you are putting it forth that different does not mean "not the same." I will agree that there are varying degrees of difference. But to say that a difference does not exist or is insignificant is asinine. If the difference was insignificant, I'd be right on your side. But the healthy human eye can see, very clearly, that they are different. With no assistance. If it were insignificant, we wouldn't be able to detect said difference biologically.

If the Razer crystal was called "Olive-black," and it very well could be, would you still be rallying against the Rakghoul crystal?

No your straw manning the argument, because you can't actually write a relevant response without doing so.

Both saber colours are different, due to being different shades. Thus not the same type of green, thus different colours. That's fact.

For example this green is not the same colour as this green. Fact.

You're the one arguing semantics, as you are putting it forth that different does not mean "not the same." I will agree that there are varying degrees of difference. But to say that a difference does not exist or is insignificant is asinine. If the difference was insignificant, I'd be right on your side. But the healthy human eye can see, very clearly, that they are different. With no assistance. If it were insignificant, we wouldn't be able to detect said difference biologically.

If the Razer crystal was called "Olive-black," and it very well could be, would you still be rallying against the Rakghoul crystal?

Are there any comparison pics out there? Quick google search/thread browse didn't yield me anything.

Are there any comparison pics out there? Quick google search/thread browse didn't yield me anything.

Yes, there are two earlier in the thread.

As I've said before, I can't see ANY difference (And my eyes are quite healthy, thank you very much Cel >_> Seriously, didn't have to make it personal like that.) But, give it what you will.

the razor colour is a greeny-yellow..

the event colour crystal is GREEN ! :D

and if you cant tell the difference, then your eyes are far FAR from healthy xD

Edited by RevyUK

Yes, there are two earlier in the thread.

As I've said before, I can't see ANY difference (And my eyes are quite healthy, thank you very much Cel >_> Seriously, didn't have to make it personal like that.) But, give it what you will.

I haven't seen those shots, but take a look at mine. And it was not my intent to make anything personal. ;)

Edited by CelCawdro

u·nique

/yo͞oˈnēk/

Being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else: "the situation was unique in modern politics"; "original and unique designs".

So...yeah, different wording then, but my point still stands. Why is my "Unique" crystal being given out?

Using that strict of a definition of it means that technically only one person should have gotten one. Those of us able to read what it actually means understand that "unique" here means "very rare," which it still is, as far as we know, as it will probably only be up for at the most a couple of weeks.

I didn't even want one until I read this thread. Now I'm gonna go sit in the fleet and infection swap to get the DNA samples to buy one just because I know that someone somewhere doesn't like that I can (same principle as going LS on a Marauder to have green and blue sabers).

Edited by Giondi

Took one just for you. :) The duller, more yellow is the Razer. The bright green is the Rakghoul.

This is the first comparison picture that has actually shown them where you could visibly TELL they are different. On that note? Thank you. The first few always showed them against separate backdrops or in different lighting conditions. As such they looked exactly the same to me.

On another note...thanks bioware. Our special crystal now has a knock off version which... honestly, looks closer to Razer's colors then ours does =\ Gah...its a never ending funnel of "whut?"

Edit: Out to dinner, Be back soon to enjoy this conversation with all you awesome people!

Edited by xTekwarx

Took one just for you. :) The duller, more yellow is the Razer. The bright green is the Rakghoul.

Meh, I take it back. This isn't a subjective argument. Those two colours are totally different.

Edit: But yeah xTekwarx your razer crystal does seem to look worse than the world event one!

Edited by Kirjava

Using that strict of a definition of it means that technically only one person should have gotten one. Those of us able to read what it actually means understand that "unique" here means "very rare," which it still is, as far as we know, as it will probably only be up for at the most a couple of weeks.

And the Razer colour is still unique to the Razer crystal, in any case. The Rakghoul colour is a lot brighter and more bold.