696k heal in voidstar, that's my record in 1.2

seektravota

just did 696k heal in voidstar, my record numbers as a heal spec so far in 1.2.

what's your numbers?

http://postimage.org/image/p1sajzsev/

When you are left alone to free cast because the other team is full of idiots you get that RARE outcome.

Versus a team populated with players that are not complete morons you would have been stun locked, and CONSTANTLY interrupted. Try again.

We were clearly nerfed, no one with more than 10 brain cells actively firing would argue otherwise.

I don't think anyone is arguing that we weren't nerfed, we were. The question is whether we were nerfed too much or not, where I firmly believe that we are just fine, both as pvp and pve healer and dps. I need to think now? Oh noes! :p

Anyone who seriously thought about it knew it was going to happen sooner or later. DPS evidence shows that they've done a tremendous job at balancing the three specs (and indeed classes in general) and while I don't have the healing data, my general feeling is that it's not much worse than it was, using a combo of Rejuvenation, Healing Trance, Armor and Deliverance accomplishes everything, while Benevolence is still useless just as before :p

As for numbers: usually nowhere near the OP. Why? Because I don't spam shield everything in range, but throw my heals out as they are needed. A timed shield when the target is at 1/3 health is often much more useful than shielding it at full and having a debuff when you need a fast temporary health boost (which the shield essentially is).

Most of the healers with huge heal totals are useless. They're just farming aoe heal instead of doing any real healing like keeping the ball carrier from dying. Notice how the OP's team lost. In a real PvP match with players who knows what they're doing the OP would be spending most of his time at the spawn point. Edited by Kexin

what's your numbers?

553k my best

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/AlbedoTK/swtor/Screenshot_2012-04-12_16_30_58_247822.jpg

Like most now.... even though we can score some decent #s, its nowhere near what a BH/Trooper can heal now (some 800k+ ez) and LESS DEATHS!!!!! idk about overall healing #s, i just want to not let people die @_@

And yet you still lost, even with apparently 3 sage healers on your side. Yeah, healers in WZs are just fine. :rolleyes:

from the looks of it, the reason I assume they lost was because ther were to many healers... meaning, ther was those moments wher its just a healing fight... see who can heal their dps to kill the others first...

*** are you talking about? he was the only healer on the team.

My highest before 1.2 was 890k, since 1.2, 680k.

Pre-1.2 I always did my 10 WZs per day and usually had 1 over 800k. Since 1.2, I still usually do 10+ WZs and 1 @ 600k+ , but most are ~400k.

I'm bull BM, and have 2 lvl 50 healers (sage/sorc) so all I know is healing. I agree that healing numbers don't show the whole picture in regards to effectiveness in WZs. The best healers are prioritizing, supporting, and CCing which can often drop your final numbers a lot vs. following masses around to AOE heal and top them off during and after fights.

I'm doing *ok* post-1.2 but I think a lot of it is due to the BM expertise buff and the fact that most people aren't in full BM yet. I suspect things will get ugly once the majority are in BM since it's so much easier to get and WH isn't as huge of a stat increase. It would really suck if more people had a clue on when to use interrupts, but that helps get me by! My survivability odds drop multiples when a competent player is on me... I know, duh right?

My current pvp build (no aoe heal, and I never use NS):

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGMRMdMdhZf0bMZbM.1

Sorry no screenshots, I run on bootcamp on a Mac and need to look up how to do it lol, no print screen button on the Mac KB.

Edited by Reseg

If you are playing against a half competent team you will constantly be stunned and killed either before you get out or shortly after due to the fact that our burst healing has basically been removed. Forgot a fully competent team, you stand no chance even if your team knows what it's doing. Edited by Fomby

Every game I take a snapshot so I know what my averages are and know what I am talking about.

This is an average game before 1.2 http://i40.tinypic.com/34774fc.png

Note that before 1.2 the highest I had ever done was 928k. On average I would do 600k-800k(voidstar)

This is a game in the last couple days (1.2) http://i44.tinypic.com/25tudc1.png

Note that I believe as a sage healer I am far less effective in PvP than pre 1.2 regardless of what my numbers show.I am still averaging around 700k the problem is I am healing myself due lose of burst healing. Before 1.2 I would burst by using the 1.5 deliverance 2 times(with the bug) and heal myself complete in 3 seconds, combine that with a quick bubble and there you go. Now days I have to bubble first, damn burst damage these days, Then I have to kite while not really helping my team for up to 20-30 seconds(or longer if the team is just bad), this can be tough in a Pick up Group as people do not get healer killers off of your back so you have to kite them the entire game. Healing 1.2 requires more skill as a Sage because the vast majority of useful heals require a cast time, they get kicked, knocked or you get knocked back. Damage output is higher and it is getting hard without a competent team. This is why I dont count any of these games. HURRY UP AND GIVE ME 8 MAN QUEUES BW!!!

what's your numbers?

1) Nice job. Seriously - good.

2) My numbers are directly impacted by the attention I get.

Left alone = 400k+

Minimal attention - 250k-300k

Targeted = Not worth the slot on the WZ team I occupy.

(Please note - these numbers are made *without* exploiting the double cast bug. I choose to make my numbers honestly)

Oh - thank you so much BW, for that marker above my head announcing "I am the healer you were looking for, kill me"

Edited by RStoney

I am doing on average 200-220k over 250k pre 1.2.

My spec is 32/7/2 more PVE orientated but I am still used to it.

My record previous to 1.1 was 590k now I am at 390k. I go in WZ with full BM gear which seems sucking more in recent days then it used to. Any guide what mods to change. I read also expertise on healing was nerfed...

I am a healer who more works to win game then just doing heals. Stun run defend doors etc.

My records always come in the Civil War.

Yes numbers are important but I prefare winning then doing new record numbers.

I am sure that if I go with my Rakata PVE gear my numbers will double, but I will be much more detrimental to the team.

Sages always die fast, even before patch 1.2, now we die the same and give less to a team.

I still think Bioware should give something to our burst heal. May be 2.0 secs from 2.5??/

Sages and Sorcerers are still the best healers in WZ though, that is at least what my data shows.

Bit off - topic, however

Yes, I agree with you - the Sages should do more than *just* heal. The class is meant to be support and "affecting the outcome" of the match, not deciding it outright. The stun, slow, and force armor are the tools to do that. (used to do that well)

I could have lived with the increase dps change. I could have lived with the force regen/Noble sacrifice changes. The net effect there would have been 1)I would have to manage my power more closely 2)If Sages didn't work together, our friendly tanks and DPSers could be taken down too quickly to win the objectives and peel off DPSers attacking us.

Now - we are literally (and I do not blame them) not worth the time for a DPSer to take someone off us, much less a tank to guard us. And I understand why, really.

I feel compelled to point out that my actual PvP numbers don't seem to have changed too much either, but as the guy above pointed out, my effectiveness has gone way down. This is more proof that the numbers on the board mean nothing.

If I'm spending the whole game healing myself, I'm not really contributing much am I? Pre 1.2 I felt effective, I had a role. I was healing DPS. Now I'm just taking up space not really doing anything.

Also, this is only if I'm left to free cast. The minute I get seriously focused I'm dead. Losing deliverance as a useful heal in PvP has crippled us imo.