I've lost the will to PvP - cancelling my sub until this is fixed

Sweeet

Well it's nice to know I'm not alone, I just hope they fix it soon. I wasn't planning on playing GW2, but for the first time ever that game is looking kind of enticing...I'm really liking the look of the PvP.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. What game are you playing? I'm playing the one where I try to cast a spell and it gets interrupted over and over and than I get destroyed...

He plays a mara, hes the one killing you in the time it takes to cast one heal.

Your mad cuz 3 good players killed you?

lawl.

3 good players? Three dps players with full bm gear only need about 3 clicks to kill someone that they all focus. That's suppose to make them good players?

I agree the pvp is now terrible and I play as a dps. You also get nothing for a lost. I now only pvp a few times a day with a premade to get three wins and that's it. Losing interest in playing even with the free month.

Sub cancelled.

It's not just one thing for me, but a series of things that demonstrate obvious incompetence on the part of the developers when it comes to PvP.

First the terrible layout of planets which clearly discourages open world PvP encounters, then the win trading zone known as Ilum, then hyping rated warzones for months only to pull the plug the day before they were supposed to go live, and now the one thing that I had left in this game, leveling alts through PvP, is broken too. The current rewards system is a disaster, and if the devs couldn't see that then I have zero confidence they'll ever be able to build any sort of decent PvP. It's a shame, this game had so much potential... Oh well.

My vanguard isn't a 50 yet (so I cant speak for people playing on the next level) but I seem to die preety quick for a tank anymore...and so do the people I am guarding...I havnt seen the 50k protection medal yet since the patch....I think BW needs to go back and make sure that people that heal can do it well and people who protect can do their jobs well...at this point t might be easier to buff tanks and heals rather than nerf anyone

match starts with more of one side who are alll decked out because imbalance has given them a gear lead since launch. BUT at least the other side could fight hard, get something for thier work, it may take 3x as long but eventually they get gear too

NOW

WIn= get commendations, buy better gear to be able to win even easier.

Lose= Play 15 minutes, even with 10 medals, plenty of kills and defense you get 0 or close to 0, so you stay undergeared, you lose next time too, and the time after, and the time after.....meanwhile the winners are rolling in comms and the newest gear to win some more

Im not the qq type at all but seriously this makes no sense

Yeah game is better than ever.

People just refuse to adapt, and even learn. If they don't have a specific guide to go by, they just whine. It's pretty sad.

Why should I have to learn to adapt to something I'm paying for. If I don't like the changes I stop paying. If you like the changes that's great for you. But I don't so please don't insult my intelligence and tell me I need to adapt. There are many other games out and coming out so people don't need to adapt.

It's a sad state of affairs for this patch. I've seen so many good people quit and it only looks to be getting worse. The worse part about it all is Bioware has to be aware of what is going on and hasn't responded to any of it yet. I've never seen as big a uproar for a patch as this was has created in any mmo I've played. It really feels like Bioware is trying to shut the game down or something. 75% of the 1.2 changes just make no sense what so ever. I bet all the other gaming companies are just sitting back laughing and laughing at what a joke this game seems to be taking.

There's really no point in suggesting more fixes either. 100's of posts/threads have been made with logical suggestions on fixes that are routinely ignored. I'm a firm believer now that Bioware could care less about what players want and just pull random updates out of a crystal ball and patch them in.

Ive indeed noticed pvp has become a simple gank fest and eventhough it has indeed become more balanced (as in everyone dies just as fast) it is silly and fights often dont last longer then 5 seconds. Expertise does nothing anymore and it feels like playing in pve gear again.

I know I can kill just as fast as the other and often that is the case, but I feel like defensive Cooldowns are just there now to fill out the blanks or to extend your death by 2 seconds tops, because running away isnt a possibility either anymore.

Healers hardly make a difference anymore which is great, but it also means you spend more time running to an objective then actually fighting over it.

Maybe its just me and I had the wrong idea in regards to what pvp would turn into after the announcements, I can tell you though that I certainly didnt expect those 5second fights in warzones. Its taking alot of the fun out of it.

As a short side note to pvp aswell, the gear thing is a little crazy too, augmented gear is pretty much mandatory now. I should have seen it comming as things were posted about the armor crafts, but am I alone in thinking its a bit rediculous to have no other options then the orange gear? Feels odd really.

I wont throw out the "IVE CANCELLED MY SUB" thing yet, but I do hope they restore a few things again, because at the moment, The fun factor this game has been providing me has gone down a few points.

It's a sad state of affairs for this patch. I've seen so many good people quit and it only looks to be getting worse. The worse part about it all is Bioware has to be aware of what is going on and hasn't responded to any of it yet. I've never seen as big a uproar for a patch as this was has created in any mmo I've played. It really feels like Bioware is trying to shut the game down or something. 75% of the 1.2 changes just make no sense what so ever. I bet all the other gaming companies are just sitting back laughing and laughing at what a joke this game seems to be taking.

There's really no point in suggesting more fixes either. 100's of posts/threads have been made with logical suggestions on fixes that are routinely ignored. I'm a firm believer now that Bioware could care less about what players want and just pull random updates out of a crystal ball and patch them in.

I have played many games (always longer than 6 months too), and I have seen many disasters happen in games. The last time I saw something causing this much of an uproar, however, was in Star Wars Galaxies, during the CU/NGE... a period that lost the game 80% of its subs.

Just canceled sub today.

Operative healer. The patch notes made it look like we got a healing buff, when in reality, everyone else simply got a "stay-alive" nerf ... Not sure how to really describe what is going on. I am not a bad player, nor am I a great one, probably decent in-between, more than casual. PvP is what I like to do and it is impossible to heal anymore. If anyone notices me healing, even 1 player is enough to kill me (full BM gear minus 3 armor pieces that are champion). Sitting at almost 1k expertise, yet i can't stay alive if anyone, any class, comes after me.

I am not an expert in the changes, I don't know the math behind 1.2 changes but I notice that something is REALLY wrong here.

This has been the last drop, it is not the nerfs or whatever that bother me, it is the overall feeling that this game is handled by amateurs that is driving me away. There have been too many blunders so far with this game for me to accept the state of SwTOR. I was patient, I was hopefull, loved the game a while back, yet now I can't delete it fast enough from my drive.

Good luck to you all.

I don't post much, and I usually don't complain about stuff.

I play to PvP. It's all I do. I heal.

PvP hasn't been fun for me in 1.2 so far. It's frustrating when I spend so much time running from the graveyard instead of healing. I heal for less now, which wouldn't be that bad except for the fact that I spend a lot of time running from the graveyard. I'd rather be running from my opponent, but I don't live long enough.

When you PvP so much, you get to know the other people who PvP a lot too. You even get to know of people from the opposite faction. It becomes a micro community, despite a lack of decent server forums. There are people I've never heard of who are facerolling me. I think they are new to PvP.

I've been online gaming for way too long back on Prodigy playing MUDs, MUSHs, and MOOs. I started gaming on a Vic 20. Never in this time has a patch made me want to quit MMOGs altogether more than this one.

Edited by Original_XevoX

1.2 made the Sith Marauder even more of a joke. I can't last more then a few seconds in WZ's and I've tried all 3 skill tree builds.

I canceled last night. I used to have a lot of fun PvPing, now it seems like a chore.

Translation:

I used to be uber and now that I can't own all dem reps I have to cry and cancel.

Sheesh get over it.

My only problem with PvP is that the minute I poke my head out as my Commando, I get insta-gibbed for being a healer. But that's not anyone's fault; it's just a fact of playing a healer that I'm going to get focus fired and go down faster than a blonde on prom night.

It's a problem because healers have zero survivability with someone on them- which makes no *********** sense and is why nobody is playing a healer now.

Just canceled sub today.

Operative healer. The patch notes made it look like we got a healing buff, when in reality, everyone else simply got a "stay-alive" nerf ... Not sure how to really describe what is going on. I am not a bad player, nor am I a great one, probably decent in-between, more than casual. PvP is what I like to do and it is impossible to heal anymore. If anyone notices me healing, even 1 player is enough to kill me (full BM gear minus 3 armor pieces that are champion). Sitting at almost 1k expertise, yet i can't stay alive if anyone, any class, comes after me.

I am not an expert in the changes, I don't know the math behind 1.2 changes but I notice that something is REALLY wrong here.

This has been the last drop, it is not the nerfs or whatever that bother me, it is the overall feeling that this game is handled by amateurs that is driving me away. There have been too many blunders so far with this game for me to accept the state of SwTOR. I was patient, I was hopefull, loved the game a while back, yet now I can't delete it fast enough from my drive.

Good luck to you all.

Yup despite the buffs operative healing got, it's still no use in pvp, dps trumps healing by a huge amount. Devs listened to the crying I guess, I adapted by going concealment (the nerfed tree) with 5 points into the healing tree and just heal myself when needed because it's not worth the time trying to save someone that's going down too fast, not even the under 30% health surgical probe procs helps.

Edited by Sookster

Unsubscribed two days earlier, and by then i didint even realize how bad pvp got. D3 cant come out soon enough. Funny thing when you unsubscribe theres a box to write comments, now i kinda regret writing two sentences about how terrible 1.2 patch is. I could write a *********** essay but then again i dont think anyone reads it.

Unsubscribed two days earlier, and by then i didint even realize how bad pvp got. D3 cant come out soon enough. Funny thing when you unsubscribe theres a box to write comments, now i kinda regret writing two sentences about how terrible 1.2 patch is. I could write a *********** essay but then again i dont think anyone reads it.

Don't worry, I wrote the essay for you, three weeks ago, having seen what was on test and realizing where this was heading... seen too much of this heavyhanded idiocy /sigh

For all those that think this patch is fine and dandy.... Please share what you're smoking or on cause I sure don't feel the same effects. You guys seriously can't q into a great pvp match all the time. I've been qed into loosing matches where ppl are dropping like flies and ditching like there is no tomorrow. How fun is that? Adapt to what?? How can you adapt do you just bail like everyone else in WZ is that the adaptaion you're talking about? This patch should have been tested before release or is it that we the gen public is actually testing it for them? Puff puff pass till they get this fixed, Or it might be fixed in a galaxy far far away......