The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Registered and subscribed since jan 3rd.. My top is jugg lvl48 with legacy of almost lvl8. Current sub ends on may 3rd. But thing is i dont play on that server anymore, my current toons are on a more populated server with top lvl36 and legacy at lvl3

Do I qualify for the promotion? Just need to have an excuse for the pub today...

please give me one

Edited by laserad

Question, So is this only for those who get legacy 6. Or also people who get to level 50? The OP is a lil confusing when it talks about Legacy 6 "or" level 50 who enjoyed endgame some.

Registered and subscribed since jan 3rd.. My top is jugg lvl48 with legacy of almost lvl8. Current sub ends by may 3rd. But thing is i dont play on that server anymore, my current toons are on a more populated server with top lvl36 and legacy at lvl3

Do I qualify for the promotion? Just need to have an excuse for the pub today...

please give it to me

It's not as complicated as you may think it is. I found it pretty clear, if you have either a level 50 or legacy level 6 on your account you qualify.

Registered and subscribed since jan 3rd.. My top is jugg lvl48 with legacy of almost lvl8. Current sub ends on may 3rd. But thing is i dont play on that server anymore, my current toons are on a more populated server with top lvl36 and legacy at lvl3

please give me one

yep it is vased on your acount. i have done the same

This is about a company that was perceived to "value" a certain segment of it's population over another. That is what I never want to see again.

If a company had to spend time apologising for everyone's 'perceptions', they'd not have much time left to get any work done.

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

We just released the innovative Legacy System as part of Game Update 1.2, and felt that looking at Legacy point progression across all of your characters was a great way to reward our most avid players. This means that any of the experience you earn with any of your characters brings you closer to the goal of Legacy Level 6. The choice of how to get to Legacy Level 6 is yours.

First, you need to have passed Chapter 1 to unlock your legacy. Examples of how to get to Legacy Level 6 include:

• A pair of characters Level 45 and 42
  • A trio of characters of Levels 45, 32 and 32
  • A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20
  • A single 50th level character that has enjoyed the endgame for a brief time

Remember these are just examples – you’re free to choose how to earn your Legacy experience to gain Legacy Level 6.

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

[As an FYI: the news story and webpage regarding Legacy Promotion will be updated tonight or early next week with up-to-date information.]

Having been disappointed with the roll out of 1.2, this is brilliant thanks from all those with alt-itis out here.

I'm a casual player; father, full time work and a busy life outside of the metal box, yet I am Legacy Level 8.

I really do not see you post as holding validity. Sorry.

Then you aren't paying attention. I, for one, had a ton of time to play BEFORE they implemented the legacy system and I play with friends. So I started a new character with a friend when the Legacy system started and can only play like 5 hours a week. Even though I have multiple characters above level 20, I'm still not Legacy level 6 because of all the damn time I put in on characters BEFORE the Legacy system started when I had a lot more time to play.

So, even though I have a bunch of mid level characters, because I couldn't play much since the Legacy started (way later than launch, I might add), I (and people like me) are screwed out of the 30 days of free time even though we have loyally supported the game since launch - much more loyally than someone that just played a short time and got to 50, but because Bioware is too daft to see that, they are rewarding the jobless people living on their parents dimes instead of the people PAYING for a subscription since launch.

Edited by Daudr

Then you aren't paying attention. I, for one, had a ton of time to play BEFORE they implemented the legacy system and I play with friends. So I started a new character with a friend when the Legacy system started and can only play like 5 hours a week. Even though I have multiple characters above level 20, I'm still not Legacy level 6 because of all the damn time I put in on characters BEFORE the Legacy system started when I had a lot more time to play.

So, even though I have a bunch of mid level characters, because I couldn't play much since the Legacy started (way later than launch, I might add), I (and people like me) are screwed out of the 30 days of free time even though we have loyally supported the game since launch - much more loyally than someone that just played a short time and got to 50, but because Bioware is too daft to see that, they are rewarding the jobless people living on their parents dimes instead of the people PAYING for a subscription since launch.

You've had the ability earn legacy levels since launch. Once you finish chapter one (around level 30-35-ish), you choose a legacy name and begin earning experience.

In the context of what we are talking about, this makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense, if you're of the opinion that anyone who feels offended to the point of insisting on an apology is being much too sensitive over this. No company should have to issue formal apologies over every perceived slight, because frankly, there's always someone who'll be offended by everything they do. It's seemingly clear they didn't mean it, they rework their promotion to try and make things clearer and fairer, and even some of the people who post here about being offended admit it was an honest mistake over a rushed promotion whose intentions were good. That should be enough for anyone.

Edited by smartalectwo

It's not as complicated as you may think it is. I found it pretty clear, if you have either a level 50 or legacy level 6 on your account you qualify.

Are you 100% sure? Cause they could mean "Get level 50, play some endgame which will make you legacy level 6" Which means its not level 50, its all about Legacy. Thats why I am abit confused atm and I wanna make sure I get this right.

Are you 100% sure? Cause they could mean "Get level 50, play some endgame which will make you legacy level 6" Which means its not level 50, its all about Legacy. Thats why I am abit confused atm and I wanna make sure I get this right.

The quote seems to be 'We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).'

I think you'll be ok.

Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe

You mean like the agent nerfs, the sorceror nerfs, the overall healing nerfs, the apparent end of the world caused by no ranked warzones-yea it's amazing what people whine about. Too bad this game had to have pvp at all-that would end a lot of the whining right there.

its amazing what people whine about....

especially when there whining about people whining

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

Here's the first paragraph which explains that you don't need a level 50.

Edited by Munkerz

It makes perfect sense, if you're of the opinion that anyone who feels offended to the point of insisting on an apology is being much too sensitive over this. No company should have to issue formal apologies over every perceived slight, because frankly, there's always someone who'll be offended by everything they do. It's seemingly clear they didn't mean it, they rework their promotion to try and make things clearer and fairer, and even some of the people who post here about being offended admit it was an honest mistake over a rushed promotion whose intentions were good. That should be enough for anyone.

So to summ it up: Some people were sent a thank you Mail that stated that they were the most valued customers for playing a character to level 50.

Is it being too sensitive, after having paid since the beginning, having helped the financial success of the game, to presume to also deserve a thank you? Is it wrong to feel left out because of not even having recieved a simple mail like all the others that have played more? I don't know. The five minutes it would have taken to write that mail and send it out to the rest of us could have easily been paid with the subsccription-fee of ONE player. Never the less, the devs are paid with real money and not level 50 characters...

I have never heard that any company valued some customers over others. At least they would never write it in an official statement.

So yeah, I am sensitive about that. I work for my money as hard as anyone else and being valued less eventhough I paid the most amount possible feels just wrong.

Just my point of view...

EDIT: I have never complained about any game before on a forum. But this is not about a game, this is about me as a customer, as a person...

Edited by DrFunk

Good job bioware! Keep trying to treat your customers good, thats how this works!

You have to compete with many other quality games, and with customer service like this you will be ahead of the pack imo.

I have 3 lvl 50s already but I think you made a good decision treating your customers good with this change.

Well thats what I am debating on, if I take my level 38 to level 50, or if I work alts to hit legacy 6. If its just level 50 (Without the legacy level 6) then id do that. Just making sure no issues. This is gonna be a hard late night grind. How long do you think it takes to solo level 38 to 50?

So...

I have not rushed to be lvl 50.

I have not grinded xp to get lvl 6 in legacy.

I have tried many classes of both factions to decide what I find most appropriate for me.

I have even deleted lvl 15-25 characters as they wasnt what I wanted to play.

I have played since launch and even in beta and prelauch.

I play virtually every day about 4-8 hours.

So here is my question.

I have dedivated this much time in the game. I have tried as much of the different aspects of the game.

I have dedicated to crafting , wich I fint fun and relaxing when I dont feel like go out and kill stuff.

So... Why are not my spent hours in the game worth as much as the players who disregard crafting ans just go leveling? I spent as much time in the game as they did. I used countless of credits to send my companions to gather what I needed. I spent hours in crafting items so I could reverse them to get that purple scematic.

How is this not worth as much as doing PvE and PvP?

I have to agree that I do feel left outside in theis deal really.

I have spent at least the same amount in the game as others, just doing other things and I feel I am getting punished for it.

/Ram

So to summ it up: Some people were sent a thank you Mail that stated that they were the most valued customers for playing a character to level 50.

Is it being too sensitive, after having paid since the beginning, having helped the financial success of the game, to presume to also deserve a thank you? Is it wrong to feel left out because of not even having recieved a simple mail like all the others that have played more? I don't know. The five minutes it would have taken to write that mail and send it out to the rest of us could have easily been paid with the subsccription-fee of ONE player. Never the less, the devs are paid with real money and not level 50 characters...

I have never heard that any company valued some customers over others. At least they would never write it in an official statement.

So yeah, I am sensitive about that. I work for my money as hard as anyone else and being valued less eventhough I paid the most amount possible feels just wrong.

Just my point of view...

EDIT: I have never complained about any game before on a forum. But this is not about a game, this is about me as a customer, as a person...

Please understand first off that people were angry about rated warzone's not being included in the patch - that's really why the free month is even on the table.

It was poor wording but the logic was to apologize to the players who were level 50 and were upset over this issue.

I knew they would extended in out to people who have played and paid for months of service. It's still just the right thing to do, and they've fixed it. Good move again Bioware.

We just released the innovative Legacy System as part of Game Update 1.2, and felt that looking at Legacy point progression across all of your characters was a great way to reward our most avid players. This means that any of the experience you earn with any of your characters brings you closer to the goal of Legacy Level 6. The choice of how to get to Legacy Level 6 is yours.

First, you need to have passed Chapter 1 to unlock your legacy. Examples of how to get to Legacy Level 6 include:

• A pair of characters Level 45 and 42
  • A trio of characters of Levels 45, 32 and 32
  • A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20
  • A single 50th level character that has enjoyed the endgame for a brief time

Remember these are just examples – you’re free to choose how to earn your Legacy experience to gain Legacy Level 6.

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

[As an FYI: the news story and webpage regarding Legacy Promotion will be updated tonight or early next week with up-to-date information.]

My account expires on the 23rd. Even though I received an email from you folks indicating I am getting the 30 free days. Does this still apply to me, since you changed the date to the 25th?

Thanks

Thanks