Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

On behalf of both my wife and myself, I wanted to thank Dr Zeschuk for expanding 30 day bonus timeframe.

Both of us are casual players who pre-ordered, played in the beta, started playing in the "head start" in December, and have never once unsubbed. Due to RL schedules, only I ended up with time enough to get to 50. My wife is currently at 48.5 and we indend to get her character to 50 this weekend!

Again, thank you for giving us until 4/22/12 to get her character to 50 and get the 30 day bonus that she deserves as a loyal and dedicated player of SW:TOR.

Best Regards,

Revod

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite happy for Bioware to give rewards to those in the end-game

Worth bearing in mind that level 50 or Legacy 6 doesn't really mean 'in the end-game'. Getting to 50 is just something that tends to happen when you reach the end of a character's story. A lot of people likely got there by doing so. Some people likely got there by getting to the end of act 1 with one character and then got some legacy xp playing alts.

OK.

Where to start.

1) Well done to Bioware for finally realising the magnitude of the impending PR disaster and admitting a mistake and addressing the issue.

I'm still staying unsubbed though. Why?

Well, like many of us said right at the start of the recent furore: it's not about the free 30 days.

It's about the attitude to non-capped players that the initial announcement of a free 30 day sub demonstrated.

The ONLY reason Bioware care enough to "expand the Legacy Promotion" is because enough people quit and the whole issue was getting enough bad publicity to seriously undermine what remained of the game's reputation.

I'll let you in on a secret: they still don't give a damn about non-capped players.

Add in the blatant lie about how legacy Unlocks will be unlocked "Legacy Level -OR- Credits, but NOT BOTH" which I assume hasn't been changed and it's still clear that Bioware don't care about casual players.

Now, I'm not deluded enough to think any of you care about my opinion, but my Sub still has 4 days to run and that affords me the right to express my opinion on the game forums.

But the main reason I'm staying unsubbed is two-fold. One, I have the courage of my convictions. Two, when it comes to customer service as appallingly bad as has been demonstrated here the last 48 hours or so you just don't get a second chance.

Which is a shame in some ways, because I was enjoying the game, and it has some great features.

To those of you who continue to traverse that far, far away galaxy I genuinely wish you nothing but great experiences.

Signing off for the last time.

All The Best

/plays small violin

The biggest joke of all now is that my main (lvl36) is a trooper and I can't even progress and get him to 50. The trooper story bug just rolled me back to the beginning of Chapter 2. If I try to progress, it will most likely roll me back again.

So now I have to grind all my alts and try to get from Legacy 2 to Legacy 6... fabulous.

Nothing but disappointments this week from BioWare. (This promotion expansion is the least they could do.)

I do hope they do one day give a promotional offer for diligent crafters, or multi-server players or something.

If it ever does, I won't begrudge you a thing.

If there'd been a free month offered to those with a character with maxed-out professions, I might feel a little disappointed, perhaps kick myself that I didn't focus on crafting a little more. But if they said that those crafters were 'one of our most loyal and avid players'... yeah, I'd see their point. Crafting adds to the economy. I couldn't really dispute that. Just as questing, pvping and flashpoint-running adds to the community.

It'd be quite easy for me to point out that not everyone who got to 400/400/400 is contributing to server economy. Perhaps not everyone who got there has been active very long, or is just a completionist wanting to max out a number and then never touch it again. But I certainly wouldn't. Maybe I wouldn't get anything by not raising the issue, but at least I haven't soured the whole deal and made those who might actually deserve it feel bad about it.

And there's a lot of that here. It's not good, people.

I sympathize with your situation if that is in fact true, but you have to recognize that you're in the minority right? Not a big minority either, but a teeny weeny one. AND you're getting mad because you don't get something you wouldn't have had anyway.

Like I said earlier, changing it to "x" amount of time active would make more sense, but getting mad at them because you didn't get something you weren't expecting to get anyway is just unreal.

I can assure you it is true, i do realize i am part of a minority in this but im not mad, just have a strange feeling i am labelled something else but a loyal long-time player/customer.

Its that feeling that is what is bothering me and not even not getting the 30days free (although that would be fully appreciated). I actually am quite pleased with BioWare for all that they are offering the players eventhough i think they are have no obligation for giving these things and i am actually wondering from a business point of view if it is a wise thing to do. Also i dont expect anything from them (also not free gametime or other "presents") but giving me a wonderfull game and they have already achieved that ;)

I will still promote the game, i will still play the game, heck i will also still love the game and stay subbed for many years to come... it was just the feeling discribed abovee that is bothering me ;)

Dear BioWare,

you screwed it once again.

See many of us don't have legacy level 6 because either we did play very casually (ie: other real stuff to attend to) or had to re-roll to land or less empty clusters, or spread our character on different clusters Ex PvP end RP AND legacy does not link between servers.

Now we are supposed to grind up to legacy 6, meaning we don't have other things to attend in RL.

Then you topped that by giving 7 days of free time to players who left the game when us who kept subbing since launch get: nothing.

Because you seems so clueless about how fixing stuff I'm going to help you a bit there:

STATEMENT

On top of the already announced free time rewards (because you can't remove what was already given at this point), we BioWare are proud to announce we're extending the 30d free time to our most loyal fans that have been with us since the first month and kept running their subscription without interruption.

As our very special customers we're extending our appreciation through a very unique reward in the form of [insert either a new fluffy item
and
title or things like the now unavailable speeders or white crystal]

Otherwise you are saying to many of your players:

You aren't the casual players we are looking for, please keep your money away from our game.

You have not invested the same hours as me or else you'd be legacy level 24, nevermind legacy level 6. I too am an altaholic, I too like to craft. I simply don't see how anyone could have NOT reached Legacy 6 unless its RL issues (which are hardly BWs fault) or some kind of RP thing (which is, once again, why "x" amount of time would make more sense--or do you guys keep skipping over that part of my post where I agree with you?)

*sigh* I didnt say I had invested the same time as you, my counter point to you is that your play time isnt typical so your quotes of no-one couldnt be Legacy 6 by now, or those not Legacy 6 are in a very small minority arent based on fact but your perspective. You dont know what the level split and time investment is across the servers and neither do I. Those were the points that caused me to quote you as I thought you were leaping to conclusions.

My original post was that Bioware have to be very careful in defining what makes a valuable player and so do you.

However we do both agree that they should have rewarded for length of subscription and avoided this whole thing.

Well, seeing as I complained about the original plan to grant free time to a lvl 50 only, I'll have to post as say Well Done to Bioware for changing things around. I feel valued again. :)

They came, They listened, they made it fairer.

For the record, it still won't apply to me, but I wasn't complaining about that - just the mean-spiritied way the whole thing was handled.

I'm quite content with my free taun-taun, yespleasethankyouverymuch. :)

They never acknowledged thier mistake in the first place.

They never apologiezed to the thousands they slighted with thier horribly worded PR.

Now we get a buy-off coupled with a new spin doctored PR.

30 days of game time isnt a reward and its not an apology, its a bribe.

I can assure you it is true, i do realize i am part of a minority in this but im not mad, just have a strange feeling i am labelled something else but a loyal long-time player/customer.

Its that feeling that is what is bothering me and not even not getting the 30days free (although that would be fully appreciated). I actually am quite pleased with BioWare for all that they are offering the players eventhough i think they are have no obligation for giving these things and i am actually wondering from a business point of view if it is a wise thing to do. Also i dont expect anything from them (also not free gametime or other "presents") but giving me a wonderfull game and they have already achieved that ;)

I will still promote the game, i will still play the game, heck i will also still love the game and stay subbed for many years to come... it was just the feeling discribed abovee that is bothering me ;)

I really don't get BW, they are really trying hard to fail each time. It looks like they are desperately trying to buff the numbers for another month. So people that couldn't play much or waited for fixes and the real legacy system get screwed out of the 30 free days, even though i have been paying since release ?

At least i am logged in now anyway, time to cancel this game.

IMO, this is a very good enhancement to the Legacy Promotion and makes a lot more sense than the original requirement; level 50.

Sometimes companies make mistakes, this happens and is expected. It is how the mistakes are dealt with that makes or breaks success. IMO, this is the right move to make and now should include most people that have been playing since day 1, and are still subscribed - which is the true indicator of loyalty, not if you have a level 50.

Thanks Bioware, we can be friends again :)

IMO, this is a very good enhancement to the Legacy Promotion and makes a lot more sense than the original requirement; level 50.

Sometimes companies make mistakes, this happens and is expected. It is how the mistakes are dealt with that makes or breaks success. IMO, this is the right move to make and now should include most people that have been playing since day 1, and are still subscribed - which is the true indicator of loyalty, not if you have a level 50.

Thanks Bioware, we can be friends again :)

If they wanted to give something to loyal customers they could do just that, to bad i didn't have time to play much, so obviously i am not loyal enough.

Hi, strange and unconventional here. :)

30 days of game time spent crafting. Why does BioWare insult me for it?

I'll probably rush through to get a 50 or Legacy 6, but why should I be forced to do so?

You aren't being forced to do anything. You will do it if you want the free month. If you don't, you'll keep playing and having fun like you did when you obviously enjoyed yourself for 30 days crafting.

Instead of a free 30 days, you have a character who should undoubtedly be set up to make ungodly amounts of credits and have a very easy time purchasing a number of legacy upgrades long before I can.

Congratulations!