The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on it.

We were given "a second chance" so now we should be online everyday for over a week and grind our way up to 50. If we do that we get rewarded with a month off.

I just feel that the whole promotion is wrong. I don't think the game company should tell me how much I need to play, when I need to log in, how long I need to be logged in for and how high level I need to be. All they can say is that I have to pay the monthly fee, and that should be enough.

They should not try to determine how "valuable" I am. It's not their business how I play.

Playing once or twice a week is what I feel I want to do right now.

Nobody has the right to tell me that I'm not okay for playing less. If my guild needs someone who is there constantly, I can understand that. Then they can remove me. But the game company should not be trying to measure how valuable a person is. Their only concern should be if I pay the monthly fee. That's what loyalty is. If they want to award something to the people who have been here since the start that is fine.

This feels like going to the hairdresser and getting the haircut for free if you have brushed your hair every day, or if you agree to brush it every day for 10 days after and they will check up on you. That is just none of their concern. My money should be as good as anyone elses regardless of my play style.

I cancelled my subscription and I will give myself the free month.

If I miss the game after that time I will come back and play again.

I'm sure they will find a way to penalize me for taking a month off, by offering everyone else some goodies for not doing it, but I guess anything is better than having to "prove myself" to a game company.

Right now I do not want to "become a better and more valued player" by being online 24/7 to grind my way up to 50. I have other things I would rather do.

This promotion is just stupid, desperate, it has gone wrong and will probably cost them a lot of money.

LOL. Youre a funny guy.

Oh, and pencil toppers - thats your quip at me? Wow. Im hurt. Accurate analogy though. Tell you what though - if that one offends you - check out the pizza bagels one. That should be more up your alley right?

Your a funny guy too, So far I know your bored, You like pencils,You have a thing about other peoples underwear and you whine about swtor,and now this pizza bagel thing.

Here's my take on it.

We were given "a second chance" so now we should be online everyday for over a week and grind our way up to 50. If we do that we get rewarded with a month off.

I just feel that the whole promotion is wrong. I don't think the game company should tell me how much I need to play, when I need to log in, how long I need to be logged in for and how high level I need to be. All they can say is that I have to pay the monthly fee, and that should be enough.

They should not try to determine how "valuable" I am. It's not their business how I play.

Nobody has the right to tell me that I'm not okay for playing less. If my guild needs someone who is there constantly, I can understand that. Then they can remove me. But the game company should not be trying to measure how valuable a person is. Their only concern should be if I pay the monthly fee. That's what loyalty is. If they want to award something to the people who have been here since the start that is fine.

This feels like going to the hairdresser and getting the haircut for free if you have brushed your hair every day, or if you agree to brush it every day for 10 days after and they will check up on you. That is just none of their concern. My money should be as good as anyone elses regardless of my play style.

I'm sure they will find a way to penalize me for taking a month off, by offering everyone else some goodies for not doing it, but I guess anything is better than having to "prove myself" to a game company.

Right now I do not want to "become a better and more valued player" by being online 24/7 to grind my way up to 50. I have other things I would rather do.

This promotion is just stupid, desperate, it has gone wrong and will probably cost them a lot of money.

So play once or twice in peak and don't worry about the free 30 days?

If you don't want to do it, don't do it. Pretty simple, really.

Here's my take on it.

Well said.

I'm playing this game together with a friend when he is online, i did get the free month, but he isnt lvl 50, and he at Legacy level 4, so he didn't get it. He aslso said the same exact thing you just did, and cancelled his subscription. Sadly i think he will not be comming back though....

Here's my take on it.

The promotion is wrong,and Im not going to change how I play for 14.99

Thats my take on this too, I can give myself plenty of free game time by playing

The Witcher

Call Of Prypat

Deus Ex

FallOut New Vegas

and quite a few that have been on the back burner.

So maybe a few months out of the year I'll unsubscribe and double my free game time.

I don't think the game company should tell me how much I need to play, when I need to log in, how long I need to be logged in for and how high level I need to be.

This SHOULD end here, but Ill address this. - You ARE correct, so guess what? YOU DONT GET YOUR FREE MONTH. ITS FREE. What right do you have to complain?

Woah woah woah. Wait. A company is not able to identify and target their prime consumers in an attempt to make more money? What country do YOU live in? Last I checked, capitalism is what RUNS mine, and they are doing EVERYTHING right in order to 1) make money 2)keep the people that are making them money, happy.

Seems to me you just dont understand how OFTEN in society you are judged on your 'worth' to someone.

Well then - looks like you dont deserve the free month of play. Thats not unfair - you play the way you want, and they reward people for playing how THEY want. Youre not FORCED to do anything...

Nobody has the right to tell me that I'm not okay for playing less. [...] But the game company should not be trying to measure how valuable a person is. Their only concern should be if I pay the monthly fee. That's what loyalty is.

Woah WOAHWOAH! They are CONSTANTLY measuring how much people are worth, and its all done behind the scenes. Why do you think ads are targeted to specific audiences, or that TV you watch, you like a PARTICULAR character...thats because its MARKETING. Their concern isnt whether you are CURRENTLY paying your fee - its that you will CONTINUE to pay your fee - and if youre not playing for the end game, and youre just leveling up alts to see the storyline, thats fine and dandy - but that doesnt mean youll KEEP playing - which is what this little 'promotion' of theirs, WAS aimed at. Keeping people IN the game, who want to see MORE of the game (not what was basically in there since release)

Well see this is where youre misunderstanding. Your money IS just as good as anyone elses - but the analogy is incorrect. Its more like this.

You get your hair cut at a certain place every 2 weeks. But IN BETWEEN those cuts, you come in to chat and meet the new hairdressers and enjoy it and youre always talking about the new styles and how you enjoy them. Then the hairdressers KNOW you and they start making it a POINT to acknowledge you and make you feel welcome. You may PAY the same amount every 2 weeks as an average joe, but you definitely are more WELCOME in the community, and therefore, awarded with a free haircut one month because 'gee golly - you take the time and effort into coming and visiting'.

Now, this isnt a perfect analogy, because, lets face it, what is. But the point is there. Just because you pay money into something, DOES NOT MEAN YOU DESERVE TO GET SOMETHING FOR FREE.

Im actually happy youre quitting and Im happy about all of the whiners that are as well. If youve got better things to do, then hop to it! No need to waste anymore time! Get outta here ya big lug! Go do your more important things. Some of us would rather become a "more valued customer" (and some of us - already are ;) )

Your a funny guy too, So far I know your bored, You like pencils,You have a thing about other peoples underwear and you whine about swtor,and now this pizza bagel thing.

Bored? Nah, currently on my server finishing up Chapter 1 of my Sith Inquis level 29. Pretty happy about and definitely enjoying her storyline.

I do love other peoples underwear though. Thats a given.

I dont whine about SWTOR, but I most certainly have some constructive criticisms about the game, that honestly, a number of them have been addressed and Im pretty darned happy.

Oh, and if you dont like pizza bagels, youre a nazi. Straight up. Might just have to report people who dont like pizza bagels.

While this is cool... it actually kind of sucks for me. My account will run out in 5 days, previously I was eligible for the free 30 days. Now I'm not. Kind of bummed but oh well, I hardly play anyways.

I doubt you're not eligible anymore.

Did your level 50 character drop a few levels?

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLd

Man, you must be getting your jimmies RUSTLED. For no other reason but a nameless faceless figure told you that you werent important enough to them. Looks like you arent daddies favorite anymore :(:(:(:(:(

Please. Grow up kid.

I'm nearer 50 than 15, by a long way.

I'm no kid.

I'm grown up enough to know that a relationship, customer based or personal, based on lies and deception will fail.

They lied to us about Legacy unlocks.

They lied to us about breaking the grind mould set by other MMOs.

For those interested in PvP they lied about ranked warzones.

How much more money are you going to give them for lying to you?

All The Best

I doubt you're not eligible anymore.

Did your level 50 character drop a few levels?

Well unless they changed the requirements, before you had to have game time left on your account in order to be eligible. I guess I will find out soon enough.

I'm nearer 50 than 15, by a long way.

I'm no kid.

I'm grown up enough to know that a relationship, customer based or personal, based on lies and deception will fail.

They lied to us about Legacy unlocks.

They lied to us about breaking the grind mould set by other MMOs.

For those interested in PvP they lied about ranked warzones.

How much more money are you going to give them for lying to you?

All The Best

Havent been lied to in a way that would cause me to stop playing a VIDEO game yet.

Lets see - They havent taken my money and not done anything with it (1 month free time and already I have a massive patch change with GREAT changes). They havent deleted the time and effort I put into it...hmmm...

Legacy unlocks are there - and they seem to be working.

Breaking the mold? 100% voice acted storylines isnt groundbreaking? Jeez, I wonder what you want then. No grinding perhaps? OH WAIT! I know. You want the game to play for you like a movie right? No, thats not it. I wonder what WOULD make you happy.

Granted, I give no-poops about PVP but I know ranked warzones were a big thign that people wanted. Unfortunately, I dont believe the entire player-base is large enough for it to be worthwhile, ESPECIALLY when you limit it by server. Now, that could be fixed by server merges and whatnot but thats something Id expect down the road, not barely 6 months after release.

But so far - theyve gotten $50 of my hard earned cash and Im happy with it. Hell, Ive put more time into this game than I did on my WoW Cata characters before I started raiding - and that was one of the biggest mistakes I made. I enjoy this game AT LEAST 5x, if not 10x as much as WoW and for me, $15 a month is WELL WORTH IT.

Oh, and I get a free month. Damn, cant beat that now can we?

This SHOULD end here, but Ill address this. - You ARE correct, so guess what? YOU DONT GET YOUR FREE MONTH. ITS FREE. What right do you have to complain?

Woah woah woah. Wait. A company is not able to identify and target their prime consumers in an attempt to make more money? What country do YOU live in? Last I checked, capitalism is what RUNS mine, and they are doing EVERYTHING right in order to 1) make money 2)keep the people that are making them money, happy.

Seems to me you just dont understand how OFTEN in society you are judged on your 'worth' to someone.

Well then - looks like you dont deserve the free month of play. Thats not unfair - you play the way you want, and they reward people for playing how THEY want. Youre not FORCED to do anything...

Woah WOAHWOAH! They are CONSTANTLY measuring how much people are worth, and its all done behind the scenes. Why do you think ads are targeted to specific audiences, or that TV you watch, you like a PARTICULAR character...thats because its MARKETING. Their concern isnt whether you are CURRENTLY paying your fee - its that you will CONTINUE to pay your fee - and if youre not playing for the end game, and youre just leveling up alts to see the storyline, thats fine and dandy - but that doesnt mean youll KEEP playing - which is what this little 'promotion' of theirs, WAS aimed at. Keeping people IN the game, who want to see MORE of the game (not what was basically in there since release)

Well see this is where youre misunderstanding. Your money IS just as good as anyone elses - but the analogy is incorrect. Its more like this.

You get your hair cut at a certain place every 2 weeks. But IN BETWEEN those cuts, you come in to chat and meet the new hairdressers and enjoy it and youre always talking about the new styles and how you enjoy them. Then the hairdressers KNOW you and they start making it a POINT to acknowledge you and make you feel welcome. You may PAY the same amount every 2 weeks as an average joe, but you definitely are more WELCOME in the community, and therefore, awarded with a free haircut one month because 'gee golly - you take the time and effort into coming and visiting'.

Now, this isnt a perfect analogy, because, lets face it, what is. But the point is there. Just because you pay money into something, DOES NOT MEAN YOU DESERVE TO GET SOMETHING FOR FREE.

[/color]

Im actually happy youre quitting and Im happy about all of the whiners that are as well. If youve got better things to do, then hop to it! No need to waste anymore time! Get outta here ya big lug! Go do your more important things. Some of us would rather become a "more valued customer" (and some of us - already are ;) )

I do not agree with you here, because i think we costumers are the same and should be treated as such. Give everyone a free month, not just some, espcially if want them to keep playing. Youre talking about engame right? to keep people subbed? I honestly think that people making and playing alts and/or taking there time will be there longer then someone playing endgame, lets be honest, there is not much end-game to begin with.

Bored? Nah, currently on my server finishing up Chapter 1 of my Sith Inquis level 29. Pretty happy about and definitely enjoying her storyline.

I do love other peoples underwear though. Thats a given.

I dont whine about SWTOR, but I most certainly have some constructive criticisms about the game, that honestly, a number of them have been addressed and Im pretty darned happy.

Oh, and if you dont like pizza bagels, youre a nazi. Straight up. Might just have to report people who dont like pizza bagels.

Well its been a few years since i went a few rounds in a forum,was fun and kind of lame ....but that was the fun part.

bed time , see you in game

Legacy unlocks are there - and they seem to be working.

Breaking the mold? 100% voice acted storylines isnt groundbreaking? Jeez, I wonder what you want then. No grinding perhaps? OH WAIT! I know. You want the game to play for you like a movie right? No, thats not it. I wonder what WOULD make you happy.

Don't get me wrong.

I love some of what the game has done.

The voice acting being one of those things.

But, lets be brutally honest here, the voice acting is 90% cosmetic and 10% content.

There's only so far the eye-candy of voice acting and lightsabers will carry the game.

I don't want the game to play like a movie.

I want what we were told we were going to get.

It was clear they had no intention of delivering that from the start, daily repeatable space missions.

The moment I have to start repeating dailies in a game is the moment I know the game developers are committed to a grind fest.

Repeated dailies and repeated "dungeons" is lazy, grind-fest game development.

The only time we should need to repeat a quest of any kind is if we choose to start another character.

All The Best

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

We just released the innovative Legacy System as part of Game Update 1.2, and felt that looking at Legacy point progression across all of your characters was a great way to reward our most avid players. This means that any of the experience you earn with any of your characters brings you closer to the goal of Legacy Level 6. The choice of how to get to Legacy Level 6 is yours.

First, you need to have passed Chapter 1 to unlock your legacy. Examples of how to get to Legacy Level 6 include:

• A pair of characters Level 45 and 42
  • A trio of characters of Levels 45, 32 and 32
  • A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20
  • A single 50th level character that has enjoyed the endgame for a brief time

Remember these are just examples – you’re free to choose how to earn your Legacy experience to gain Legacy Level 6.

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

[As an FYI: the news story and webpage regarding Legacy Promotion will be updated tonight or early next week with up-to-date information.]

*sighs* In sight of not getting this post deleted because it seems offensive or derogatory or anything else that BioWare deletes posts for. I do not see this as acceptable. Its is awesome that they are giving a free month to players. WHOOHOO!!! However, expecting players to reach requirements like that in a week is not fair. People work, have lives, wives, children. Particularly people who have lower level characters. Granted my highest I could make the end point.

I am looking at it in the stand point of everyone. Some people enjoy playing this game or MMOs in general because they can find the time. Not because they have to rush to get a goal such as a free month. Again, it is very generous to give out a free month period.

I also get that its looking like its based on the more loyal and lv grinding player base, which, is a good thing to look at. As well as incentive to get more people on and going for it.

Its simply unrealistic and as I said not fair. If there is going to be something like this going on it should at the least be set for a two week mark.

Now that I think about it, it also puts out people who just joined the game. There is a small way they can manage to make it to lv 50. Its been done in..what...2 days? Of pure grinding, no sleep, ignoring the outside world. How does this benefit them? Those just joining are going to see this offer for a free month and more than likely be put off by it, in particular those who cannot commit so much time because of real life obligations.

Edited by Kaylia

... more proof that TOR forums have the whiniest people on the internet.

D'aww, he wants to feel nurtured, coddled and loved by his game making company- apparantly making it so that anyone whose put in the couple dozen hours it takes to hit 30ish and open legacy is too hard- and giving you almost two extra weeks to achieve this is proof that they hates you.

Suck it up- who seriously complains about being given free stuff? I used to say jokingly that this community would complain even if BW gave you gold bars- I don't think it's a joke anymore, wouldn't be surprised if you'd come here complaining that it didn't come in a diamond chalice.

/first world problems

There are people who never cared about the free 30 days, nor cared if they ever got it however what they do care about is principle. Some people here are people of principle. Calling someone who plays for 2 weeks in December then quits for 3 months then resubs "most active & most valued" is disingenuous and disrespectful to those who have been loyal since early access. Same goes for someone who signed up 2 weeks ago. Many could care less about the 30 days and simply want acknowledgement from BW that they screwed up and the promo was worded horribly and that they value every pay sub regardless of playstyle.

Edited by Asuka

This. This so much.

Like the person before who quoted, I quote.

It's my number one reason for being peed off. Number two reason is being given a sad excuse of a bare bones patch that was advertised as being supa cool.

I feel duped twice over, 30 days? I dont care much for that when my confidence in the company's ability to provide a paid for service is failing with misleading words and sad excuses.