Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

Can you post a link to where I said "actions speak louder then words"?, or are you just trying to put words into my mouth? See...you keep harping on this, even after I allready said I want actually words: "Sorry, we goofed up!"

No. Extending the deal is giving the people that wanted the free time what they want.

There is no acknowledgment, what so ever, that there was any mistake made.

And you want to know what one of the biggest issues with MMO's players are?

I have a problem with the company....not you or any other players. But you have seem to have a problem with me simply because I have a problem with the company. Too many times this happens in MMO's.

You know what, you're right. You've taken the high ground, I'm not going to try and force charge you.

If you think you've been slighted, by all means, continue complaining. Hell, if you find what Bioware has done so abhorrent, talk with your wallet and cancel your sub.

I think Bioware/EA have done a fantastic job with this at a great expense to their company. If that makes me a sheep, well, I'd rather be a content sheep than an irritated ram.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They made a mistake, they fixed it.

Explained.

Wait, no... Please, please don't tell me you're saying those people shouldn't get the free stuff? Please?

Nope, wouldn't have never cared about the free 30 days and many others have said the they wouldn't if BW didn't devalue every player who has been subbed since early access who didn't have a 50 by saying player who got 50 in December and quit until April and resubs is considered "most active & most valuable" and that their loyalty and support is appreciated.

If they had said something like, those with 50s as of February who have been subbed since Dec and haven't canceled, we failed you, here's 30 free days to make up for it, that might be a little different. .

Edited by Asuka

To those saying to complainers to cancel, why would I? I enjoy the game, I actually took my time to enjoy it. I play since the pre-release, I didn't cancel (and will renew for 3 months)

Why wouldn't I bee rewarded? Just because I didn't sticked to one server ? Me and my GF decided to play on two server (one republic and one empire) as we love alts and wanted to be able to play 8 chars on each

people are whining because they are paying for soemthing that was broken

1.2 fixed alot of the problems it seems but made fresh problems in its place. people have the right to QQ for a game they baugh and still paying for :p

great job bioware on giving some free time out :)

ya because we all remember that great game that had no problems in it all what was it called again? o ya The Adventures of Michel Mc Doesn't Exist.

all games have problems its OK to complain about them to try to fix the problem but asking for a handout is different. yes 1.1 had gameplay issues, yes giving an entitlement to a specific group of players was a mistake.

For the former the reality of MMOs is that you have to deal with each new problem as it arises. if you cant deal with constant issues in some aspect of a game then you probably wont acclimate well to MMOS.

For the Ladder there was simply no good call left to BW take away the entitlement people will rage, expand the entitlement people will still rage. personally i would have removed the free 30 days, all i really hope for is that the reaction that we have seen here will give them pause before they give away any more big entitlements, as they usually cause problems.

Nope, wouldn't have never cared about the free 30 days and many others have said the they wouldn't if BW didn't devalue every player who has been subbed since early access who didn't have a 50 by saying player who got 50 in December and quit until April and resubs is considered "most active & most valuable" and that their loyalty and support is appreciated.

If they had said something like, those with 50s as of February who have been subbed since Dec and haven't canceled, we failed you, here's 30 free days to make up for it, that might be a little different. .

"One of the most active and loyal".

:)

I don't want free game time.

I want a company that I can trust.

I am not a sheep, nor do I have a short attention span. And that is exactly what Bioware is hoping it's playerbase is.

And it seems that they are right.

So by your request I have read your post history on this thread. I still disagree with you. What they have done by changing it *is* apologize.

I've been playing this game since Dec 16th (before the official release) I will not get Legacy Level 6 by April 22nd. But that is okay!!!!In my opinion they didn't even have to give us a free month! I think it's great that they are doing that at all!!!!

But seriously....if this is *actually* about the servers being down, we have been down only twice since game release! That is seriously good! I know from a lot of people that when WoW was released was down A LOT. Just because you don't remember doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Bioware has done an amazing job with this game and are prompt to fix issues and make it up to us. And especially after a HUGE update, some problems are going to develop. If you expect it not to, then you do not know anything about game programing.

Is something like this (only several hours of your gaming life, and a free month that you wouldn't have gotten anyway if they hadn't offered it) going to ruin the game for you? If so, you are a very shallow and ungrateful person. And I pity you....

Edited by CandarOrdo

So by your request I have read your post history on this thread. I still disagree with you. What they have done by changing it *is* apologize.

I've been playing this game since Dec 16th (before the official release) I will not get Legacy Level 6 by April 22nd. But that is okay!!!! In my opinion they didn't even have to give us a free month! I think it's great that they are doing that at all!!!!

But seriously....if this is *actually* about the servers being down, we have been down only twice since game release! That is seriously good! I know from a lot of people that when WoW was released was down A LOT. Just because you don't remember doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Bioware has done an amazing job with this game and are prompt to fix issues and make it up to us. And especially after a HUGE update, some problems are going to develop. If you expect it not to, then you do not know anything about game programing.

Is something like this (only several hours of your gaming life, and a free month that you wouldn't have gotten anyway if they hadn't offered it) going to ruin the game for you? If so, you are a very shallow and ungrateful person. And I pity you....

Most people theorise that it has to do with ranked WZs not being implimented this patch.

Well I say this is just total BS what a load of crap, I purchased the game before Australian release leveled a char to 16 then switched class and leveled to 25. Only to find that when the Australian servers where released we where left with out the promised server transfers.

So as such went ahead and re-rolled on an Australian server I am now around lvl 38 and highly doubt I will reach lvl 50 by the cut of date. Although without the required re-roll I suspect I certianly would be 50 by now.

Persoanlly this offer to only those who have reach 50 or lvl 6 legacy is an affront to those of us who have lives out side of SWTOR, we still pay our monthly subscription we still play the game almost daily just not for 8hrs a day and we are getting fianancially punished as such even if we have been subcribed the same amount of time as everyone else.

Not mention I have brought several friends into the SWTOR fold since the Australian server release and this is the thanks I get, just becuase I don't clog up the servers 16hrs a day and have been taking my time leveling enjoying the story as appoaed to skipping all the dialogue and rushing to 50.

Thanks Bioware yet another giant dissapointment in a long string of dissapointments with this MMO so far. All I can suggest is you wanna hope Guild Wars 2 isn't nearly as good as it looks. Many of us only have enough time for 1 MMO in our lives at a time and whilst personally SWTOR is still ahead of RIFT and WoW as my current choice of MMO these constant dissapointments are not earning any goodwill.

You have a great game with a great story and so far personally I have found the one thing letting this great game down is lousy customer support and or customer communication.

Please pick up your game.....:mad:

Sadly I don't qualify despite having been a recurring subscriber to the game since January. I have two level 31's and one level 28. Reason being I had to keep rerolling on new servers as they became ghost towns.

I'm not gonna moan, I'm disappointed I will miss out on a free months playtime. I think they've handled this idea pretty badly. Why couldn't they just have said "anyone who has been subscribing for this amount of time..." instead.

But meh. I don't feel entitled to anything. It's not like I've been playing for a year straight or anything.

Overdramatize much? How bout you reach into your pocket and keep shelling out your $15 so you can continue to not rush through the wonderful world BioWare made.

It isn't about a free month, I don't give a damn about that. It is about not being called or even recognized as a valued and loyal customer when we are the people playing the game and enjoying it as much as everyone else, possibly more as we didn't 50 and quit back in January.

Someone who quit in December and resubbed in April is neither most active nor most loyal.

Whatever you say, just wanted to make sure you weren't taking the quote out of context to further your argument.

:)

Sadly I don't qualify despite having been a recurring subscriber to the game since January. I have two level 31's and one level 28. Reason being I had to keep rerolling on new servers as they became ghost towns.

I'm not gonna moan, I'm disappointed I will miss out on a free months playtime. I think they've handled this idea pretty badly. Why couldn't they just have said "anyone who has been subscribing for this amount of time..." instead.

But meh. I don't feel entitled to anything. It's not like I've been playing for a year straight or anything.

Because then someone who subscribed two months ago would complain that they played non-stop for those two months and they deserve the free month just as much as someone who has remained subbed since December but hasn't contributed as much to the in-game world.

Can you post a link to where I said "actions speak louder then words"?, or are you just trying to put words into my mouth? See...you keep harping on this, even after I allready said I want actual words: "Sorry, we goofed up!"

No. Extending the deal is giving the people that wanted the free time what they want.

There is no acknowledgment, what so ever, that there was any mistake made.

And you want to know what one of the biggest issues with MMO's players are?

I have a problem with the company....not you or any other players. But you have seem to have a problem with me simply because I have a problem with the company. Too many times this happens in MMO's.

A tired person says... ***. internets ARGH. Let it go. :)

You know what, you're right. You've taken the high ground, I'm not going to try and force charge you.

If you think you've been slighted, by all means, continue complaining. Hell, if you find what Bioware has done so abhorrent, talk with your wallet and cancel your sub.

I think Bioware/EA have done a fantastic job with this at a great expense to their company. If that makes me a sheep, well, I'd rather be a content sheep than an irritated ram.

I appreciate you saying that.

FWIW, I did unsub, yesterday. And like I said, I was a strong supporter of this company up until yesterday. Don't believe me, look up my post history. I'm a 6 monther, and up until yesterday the thought of unsubbing hadn't ever crossed my mind.

Bioware is still new at the MMO business, and right now they are establishing the basis of how they are going to run the game, and treat their customers.

IMHO, if they felt like they could get away with things likes yesterday's announcement, then we are just opening up ourselves to potentially worse things in the future. Bioware needs to learn how to run their game, and how to treat their customers now....not when it's too late.

Edited by Skoobie

So does this mean that the date of the 12th no longer applies? I ask as i qualified under yesterdays promotion but my game time runs out in 4 days meaning i wouldn't qualify for the new date of the 22nd. I imagine the 12th still applies if you already qualified before this change but would just like to clarify as i would not have been renewing my subscription this month.

Thanks to bioware i feel relieved to be valued because i may have only been playing since feb but i have played alot since the aussie servers came up, i would have had a lvl 50 if i hadnt been in a guild where there were no lvl 50s so i decided to start more alts and built 4 to the end of chapter 1 and found i love alts but now with a new guild i will be building at least 2 50s over time the next month. i have a legacy lvl of 10 at the time of 1.2 and have helped people along the way with all my characters so i feel this is a fair decision.

So does this mean that the date of the 12th no longer applies? I ask as i qualified under yesterdays promotion but my game time runs out in 4 days meaning i wouldn't qualify for the new date of the 22nd. I imagine the 12th still applies if you already qualified before this change but would just like to clarify as i would not have been renewing my subscription this month.

I would not assume this to be true.

For those still wondering why this is still an issue, here is a short hint:

1. Multiple servers is something that screws this whole thing. If you are part of guilds on multiple servers, you cannot combine your legacies to reach 6, screws the pooch.

2. I play through most quest, replay areas, explore the map and do everything else as well. No 50's yet. I am also a single father and work 40 hours a week. I have been in the closed and open beta. I pre-ordered. I play at least an hour a night and have dedications to my work place's guild, my community guild and a personal guild with my family and close friends, all on different servers so I am never at odds with another like a rational person should.

This would be a non issue if server transfers existed and I could combine legacies but alas, BioWare is still holidng on that for whatever reason they are that makes absolutely no sense.

I have tons of time on my hands to play SWTOR and other games. Many others do not as they have work restraints and family concerns that keep them from enjoying this game. Does this make them any less valuable than us who have fewer real world commitments at this point in our lives? For me, the answer is a resounding "No". Too many of my friends and families would love to have more time to play this really fun game but because of the responsibilities they have, they simply cannot. And case in point, regardless of how much or how little someone plays, we've all committed to this monthly subscription- so why not base it on that (how many months one has paid since they started subbing). It's poor form indeed to base "avid players" or "loyal players" on how much play time one can actually dedicate to a game when everyone's life responsibilities vary at different points of their lives. Why should they be punished when the true intent to play is there- otherwise, they would have not become continuous subscribers renewing their subscription month after month.

Oh and jhartel. You put things so eloquently and well. You rock!!!! :D Could I please friend you on this site? Thanks.

From Jhartel No, they still haven't addressed the issue. They are just giving you a few days to rush their content to get a measly prize and their appreciation of being called a LOYAL CUSTOMER when months of dedication and careful crafting, play and exploring the breadth of their content, is apparently worth nothing to them.

If you have two level 30's and no Level 6, you still don't get a prize.

If you have characters that are played actively but on seperate servers thus annihilating the ability for legacy, still no prize.

If you don't rush their content to level 50 by the 22nd with a character or a few to get Level 50 or Legacy 6, you don't get a prize and a title of their appreciation.

In other words, they don't care about their userbase that plays this game like they did with Knights of the Old Republic, carefully playing through and enjoying the quality and massive content and quests available. These people who play this way are the people who truly enjoy and spread good word about the game. They don't rush to 50 and endgame and complain it is too easy and bail, they look at everything and enjoy the plethora of what is available and BioWare has effectively told this userbase that you don't matter, if you want to be valued by us meet this criteria by this point, the hardwork and content we put into this game over the years be damned.

Not liking how i missed out on the "event" where they gave away free tauntaun pets seeing as i was still in work at the time it happened. I'm not even sure if i will have to work at the time of the next scheduled "event" either.

Could have planned this better imo, like just send the pet via mail like when you logged in the first time and got all those nice goodies and that nice shiney new lightsaber crystal. Or made it a reward type thing like from doing a quest. Not that it's the end of the world, but seriously, they didnt have to make it an event set at a certain time and end at a certain time on 1 day only. How about all week? or remove the time frame thing so its all day long 24/7 for a week or weekend so it gives players who cannot log in those times a chance?

Oh and btw, i'm not level 50 yet either. I'm one of those that took their time to explore and enjoy the game testing out the different classes, flying around the different starships, upgrading weapons and gear rather than rushing to 50 and slicing up the competition with my lightsaber just because it's fun.

Edited by Jemkeldromm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.