Legacy Banks ( Shared Character Bank )

Ashember

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's kind of pathetic this isn't in the game yet honestly.

Further, why can't companions take matts directly to your cargo and not even bring them to you taking up your bag? These kinds of QOL improvements should really be in this game by now.

it's kind of pathetic this isn't in the game yet honestly.

Further, why can't companions take matts directly to your cargo and not even bring them to you taking up your bag? These kinds of QOL improvements should really be in this game by now.

Even if you could mail the mats to your bank (or legacy bank, if implemented), that would be a big improvement.

A shared account bank would make finding that piece of gear that gets lost in your alts cargo bay a lot easier to find. Even a shared cargo bay window would be great. Something to stop alt flipping to find stuff. I would rather spend my time playing the game.

• 1 month later...
Not sure if anyone mentioned so far, I believe legacy bank would also make huge impact on lowering stress on login servers, and not by small margin. Every company that provides online service should care about technical side of their infrastructure and how to optimize things. It's a win/win feature for both players and BioWare. Really makes no sense why it's not implemented so far, considering legacy system is one of two core features this mmo provide. MMO can't survive without care for what player base wants to see implemented, and more importantly in timely manner. Listen to people and act, please!

OK, here is the Idea for the Legacy system.

Shared Character Bank

So how many times a day do you switch Char to find that one freakin mat you need to make that piece for your friend/guild-mate.

What if you had one bank for your toons, that you can pull mats and shared Items from.

or

you buy a tab in your bank that is a "Shared Character Tab" that you can put tradable items in, Like Mats, BOE armor, weapons and such. This could be a legacy perk. Kinda like a personal guild bank. Maybe on top of that a Shared Money pool.

You won't have to create an alt just for a guild bank any more.

What do you all think?

That would be a hell of a improvement!

/Signed

Something to stop alt flipping to find stuff. I would rather spend my time playing the game.

^This^

Not sure if anyone mentioned so far, I believe legacy bank would also make huge impact on lowering stress on login servers, and not by small margin.

^And This^

• 1 month later...

/signed

Just wanted to add my suggestion(s) that a legacy bank is greatly needed. The time spent switching between alts to mail oneself stuff is getting ridiculously time consuming (counting the repeated loading screens).

I pretty certain any of my suggestions as to how it should work that I may add here have more than likely been suggested before (maybe even multiple times), but am still gonna add them just in case:

• Free Subscriber Perk
    • Cartel Market purchase (akin to guild bank unlock) for f2p and preferred accounts
    • Requires legacy lvl 50 (if u can get legacy to 55 to match current level cap even better; this way the reward for reaching legacy lvl 55 is legacy bank)
    • Can only be used to store unbound items, legacy items, and credits (legacy bank escrow in case of non-sub)
    • Cargo Capacity: identical to a cargo bin as far as initial spaces; extra bins must be purchased just like buying extra cargo bins

Edited by Elkstrom

I still support this and wonder why the heck it doesn't exist yet.

It doesn't exist yet because legacy cargo holds would create longer load times, and for many, that would be unacceptable..

Legacy gear doesn't create any load times issue and essentially serves the same purpose.. Also, sending stuff through the mail doesn't create additional load times and allows you to send stuff that isn't bound..

Sure.. For the issue of large quantities of mats I can certainly understand why this would be a desired thing.. But people need to start considering how something would work, how it would be implemented, and it's effect on the game..

We can already, with a small degree of inconvenience move unbound stuff and mats between our characters.. There is no penalty of performance or load times.. There simply is no need for a legacy cargo hold or bank.. It just isn't worth the effort.. :)

• 1 month later...
OK, here is the Idea for the Legacy system.

Shared Character Bank

So how many times a day do you switch Char to find that one freakin mat you need to make that piece for your friend/guild-mate.

What if you had one bank for your toons, that you can pull mats and shared Items from.

or

you buy a tab in your bank that is a "Shared Character Tab" that you can put tradable items in, Like Mats, BOE armor, weapons and such. This could be a legacy perk. Kinda like a personal guild bank. Maybe on top of that a Shared Money pool.

You won't have to create an alt just for a guild bank any more.

What do you all think?

I like the idea of a legacy bank, as long as it observes all binding restrictions. A legacy bank should only be able to hold unbound and BOL items. It should NOT be used as a means to bypass any binding restrictions or a way to transfer bound items between alts.

I concur. If BW is trying to sell us on the idea of legacy being analagous to "family", the ability to have joint accounts (or storage lockers if you will) is a fundamental necessity.

A legacy bank would also have the added benefit of spurring crafting activity. Having to hop back and forth between several characters just to find out who can make what and where the crafting materials are located is an impediment and unnecessary hassle.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, can't believe we've been begging for this for this long.

Just had another annoying logging around alts session and I had to come bump this.

BW, seriously! Charge whatever you like, but please make this possible. Let's start the bidding at 10,000 cc to unlock one tab. Honestly, I'd pay anything at this point!