Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

0 Credits from Losing Warzones. Really?

Shefu

Update on the situation below main post! (This thread will keep being updated with reports from players)

I am very disappointed to see that now players are not getting anymore Credits from losing Warzones.

It is hard enough to win a Warzone as it is, factoring this in, it's just really disheartening.

Some players such all myself, only log in to PvP. If most of the Warzones are losses, then we get close to nothing credit wise.

This patch (1.2) is all about the Legacy System (and it's extremely high prices for features).

How are we supposed to pay for those? I don't wanna raid, or do daily quests, all I wanna do is PvP because post 1.2 it used to be awesome (at least for me). PvP used to be my source of income, now, unless I win....this just sucks.

So if a player contributes very little but his team wins the warzone he gets rewarded. But if I do my best to help my team win the warzone, but we lose, I get 0 credits. How is this fair?

Update I

This might be some sort of bug, after some more extensive playing I noticed the following things:

People have reported that u must obtain more than 3 medals to be awarded Credits for Losses. This is not the case.

I lost Hutball with 6 Medals and got 0 Credits.

I lost Voidstar with 5 Medals and got 0 Credits.

I lost Novare with 4 Medals and got 0 Credits.

On one other ocasion I lost Hutball with 5 Medals yet I got 500 Credits.

Update II

According to widespread reports this is what went bad with 1.2:

- No Credit gains from Warzone losses.

- No (Or very little) XP gains from Warzones for low levels characters.

- Drastic Reduction in Valor and Commendation gain for losses in Warzones.

Edited by Shefu

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think loosing should be rewarded.....

My old ma used to say... If at first you dont succeed... try and try again!! :D

So pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back in and try harder... you suffer no repair bills for PVP loses... so why should you get rewarded for loosing....

Remember... IT'S JUST A GAME!!

Edited by Bloodstealer

The way it was before, people that normally ignore PvP were getting in there and playing, because it wasn't a waste of time. I'm not a PvPer, I'm not going to win much at PvP, but I didn't really mind going and playing some since it was a change of pace and not waste of my time since I got rewarded.

All this does is drive people like me away from PvP (well not me specifically since I already cancelled for other reasons) but I forsee Q's getting longer and longer ad the casual person that might have given PvP a shot just drifts away. PvP will end up like it is in every other game...just a niche side-game that most people avoid.

I believe it's based on medals earned, not winning or losing per se. You have to have a certain # of medals to qualify for any reward. You should be able to achieve the # needed by actively playing. If you give up and stop playing, then probably not.

I could be wrong.

Edited by StealthStalker

The way it was before, people that normally ignore PvP were getting in there and playing, because it wasn't a waste of time.

-This-

Before I canceled today over the game time debacle- I played a few WZs. The second it looked like my team was missing the upper hand half the team left the match. Basically Warzones are useless. One more reason for me to go.

At level 50, I spend little to nothing. Except for a few stims, and the repair once every 2 weeks, I barely even notice how many credits I have. I can barely bring myself to care.

Even that being said, I'm GLAD you dont get anything monetary for losing. It gives the people who play like crap more incentive to try and win.

Playing against premades and getting pounded? HERES a thought!

Organize your own! I know 7 different people with voice servers. It costs less than a gallon of gas per month to operate one. It isnt very difficult.

You get rewarded from warzones only if you get more than three medals during the entire warzone. And tbh... it's not hard. They added many more ways for people to get medals. This was put in to prevent more afkers.

You can do your best, work with the team you got (at least half of which are more than likely to be pick up groups) and still lose. This is indeed wrong. I can only understand it and would actually find it interesting if it were the case for 8v8 premades.

Maybe it's a bug,

I had plenty Medals in both Novare and Voidstar, and Lost. Got 0 Credits.

However in Hutbal, with medals, I got some Credits despite losing.

Anyone else noticing this?

You can do your best, work with the team you got (at least half of which are more than likely to be pick up groups) and still lose. This is indeed wrong. I can only understand it and would actually find it interesting if it were the case for 8v8 premades.

So you want to be able to show up, do horribly and still get something just for showing up? That basically a win would only give you pride because losing is always a netted gain?

Nothing meant as offense meant directly at you, but seriously people? Have we seriously taken the "everyone is special" crap to the next level? I mean, I was a bit perturbed by not getting money for losing a match, but I also knew that there were two other reasons I played WZ: to play with other players and TO WIN!!! I don't go in thinking, "golly gee, I hope that I win so that my feelings don't get hurt or that I'm not wasting my time gaining valuable lessons in tactics or how to better play in a PvP server." I go in thinking, "Hey, I hope I win." The end. If I lose, then I lost and I'll try better next time.

Stop thinking that you deserve something at every friggin corner of everything!!! These people work hard to bring you this game. You have the game now and you have other means of making credits. Don't like it? Don't know what to tell you. Get over it.

comms should be for winners. credits should be the same for everyone.

Agreed. You should get a bonus for winning. Especially if you help with the mechanics of winning and don't just sit in a warzone killing for medals.

But that bonus should be valor and coms. However... giving someone with 8-10 medals as I had over and over today only 40 coms even when you loose in a close match is pretty demoralizing when youre used to getting 100 coms even in a loss... as in before the patch.

Also... for the non-PvP-ers like me who have had a lot of fun in warzones in this game... you just killed warzones for me. Especially by giving us 0-300 credits per warzone.

I play for fun but want a reward. Or whats the point. I don't care about the xp... it's way too easy to level here as it is.

But when you take away the feelgood rewards and make it impossible to survive and pay for your skills by warzoning... youre hardhand pushing me into the quests I'm tired of doing... give us a choice. Give us fun back.

So you think loosing should be rewarded.....

My old ma used to say... If at first you dont succeed... try and try again!! :D

So pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back in and try harder... you suffer no repair bills for PVP loses... so why should you get rewarded for loosing....

Remember... IT'S JUST A GAME!!

No, but I think individuals shouldn't be punished for losing a team effort where they have no control of their team more so than losers not being rewarded... I understand this kind of system in 8 man group ranked games... But in a non-ranked game where you queue alone and have absolutely no control of anything other than yourself and what you do, it is ridiculous to punish a player for something out of their control...

Quite frankly, the reward was too big before for losing. I think this will force more people to make premade WZ groups rather than just randomly queue. I know I have been unable to win one all day on The Fatman Imperial side on my own.

Yes, punish everyone who doesn't have a premade group at any and all times of the day ready to go at their beckon call... Genius!

@OP: At least its only credits.

They reward losing too well already. Fortunately, AFKers aren't rampant yet, but that will probably change with cross-server queues. This change, however, seems like an odd stab at PvPers, especially since credit rewards were perhaps the least excessive.

Edited by Ansultares

So you want to be able to show up, do horribly and still get something just for showing up? That basically a win would only give you pride because losing is always a netted gain?

Nothing meant as offense meant directly at you, but seriously people? Have we seriously taken the "everyone is special" crap to the next level? I mean, I was a bit perturbed by not getting money for losing a match, but I also knew that there were two other reasons I played WZ: to play with other players and TO WIN!!! I don't go in thinking, "golly gee, I hope that I win so that my feelings don't get hurt or that I'm not wasting my time gaining valuable lessons in tactics or how to better play in a PvP server." I go in thinking, "Hey, I hope I win." The end. If I lose, then I lost and I'll try better next time.

Stop thinking that you deserve something at every friggin corner of everything!!! These people work hard to bring you this game. You have the game now and you have other means of making credits. Don't like it? Don't know what to tell you. Get over it.

What you fail to understand is that most people do not want to PvP. They dislike it because they're not good at it, they don't get anything from it, so they just don't do it.

Before, you would get more people involved in PvP because they got something even if they weren't good at it. They got something just for playing. Now, those people just won't play. Q times will get longer, PvP will have fewer players, and it will get pushed to the side in favor of PvE in terms of Dev time.

Things like this hurt PvP far more than they help. All it does it push PvP into the corner for it to be ignored.

At level 50, I spend little to nothing. Except for a few stims, and the repair once every 2 weeks, I barely even notice how many credits I have. I can barely bring myself to care.

Even that being said, I'm GLAD you dont get anything monetary for losing. It gives the people who play like crap more incentive to try and win.

Playing against premades and getting pounded? HERES a thought!

Organize your own! I know 7 different people with voice servers. It costs less than a gallon of gas per month to operate one. It isnt very difficult.

But this affects not just level 50s. The costs of leveling; repairing gear, buying gear for companions, the ever increasing cost of abilities, That 20K punch in the face for your speeder license.

Warzones offered a means to make credits when everything is a credit sink.

Besides, come on even if you win as a level 50 right now you get like between 2000 and 4000, that is not much. It was fine before

I am fine the comms being lower, whatever. That is a gear issue, but credits affect overal gameplay for all levels.

The way it was before, people that normally ignore PvP were getting in there and playing, because it wasn't a waste of time. I'm not a PvPer, I'm not going to win much at PvP, but I didn't really mind going and playing some since it was a change of pace and not waste of my time since I got rewarded.

All this does is drive people like me away from PvP (well not me specifically since I already cancelled for other reasons) but I forsee Q's getting longer and longer ad the casual person that might have given PvP a shot just drifts away. PvP will end up like it is in every other game...just a niche side-game that most people avoid.

QFE, the republic on a lot of servers are at an even larger disadvantage. ill be honest its really killed my joy to even play warzones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.