Healers post 1.2 = GG

dragonfly_eb

Healing isn't too bad as a scoundrel. The expertise nerf hurts a bit, but i'm just happy i can now outheal mercs and sorcerers with relative ease.

The increased time and stacks on UH certainly help a lot with survivability. I can now survive good marauders by just blasterwhipping them and collecting UH stacks. Before i could survive them, but it required a lot of lucky RNG. There is still RNG, but it's less prominent with the longer length and increased stacks.

Marauders are definitely the kings of dps in this game now. I'd say the past few matches i was in they were averaging 100k more than their closest rivals.

Edited by namelless

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did LOTS of warzones today, rarely saw any healers, I did some myself on both my operative and merc, healing on the operative is OK but I was an instant focus target, it was extremely difficult healing up the damage people was taking. Healing with my merc was terrible, it was somewhat complicated and very ineffective (I know how to do it, I've healed HM's with it).

Of all the healers I've seen today, I only saw a commando that died almost instantly everytime, a scounderal that wasn't around much, and a couple sorcs and the sorcs didn't even break 200K healing. DPS is massive now, even 2 vs 1, I go down super fast on any of my characters which wasn't the case pre-1.2.

View the pvp bonuses in the character sheet, healing scales less than half of damage with expertise.

I want to say i am a healer, and i love the new changes. DPS can kill me if they need to, but i can still perform my role if i play well. I am still very hard to kill and providing a great service to my team. I think the small majority of the healers are crying because what they perceived as skill in 1.1.5 was just class imbalances. Healers are in a fine spot right now, aside from maybe the pvp medals. Edited by Tipkaee

I want to say i am a healer, and i love the new changes. DPS can kill me if they need to, but i can still perform my role if i play well. I am still very hard to kill and providing a great service to my team. I think the small majority of the healers are crying because what they perceived as skill in 1.1.5 was just class imbalances. Healers are in a fine spot right now, aside from maybe the pvp medals.

I'm guessing you're a troll. That or you contradict yourself in your own post. Let me underline it for you. So DPS can kill you if they want to. I know most DPS don't bother healers. They just give them a hug while they let them free cast heals. The next sentence you say, you're still hard to kill and do fine... :rolleyes:

I'm just going to call you a Troll.

As a Sorc healer, I canceled my sub. I'm not interested in being a free kill, just because i enjoy healing in PvP.

Edited by dalin

ahhh poor little healers are no longer OP & the biggest tanks in the game. Now you fit your role rather than face rolling because no one on your team can be killed, including the healers.

Please don't take this as an insult but the best teams before 1.2 had absolutely NO problem using strategy and tactics to bring us healers down. I saw it all the time. If you were not able to break through healing, including multiple healers, then something was wrong because so many people were doing it quite well. Now they're doing it while watching TV.

I think it's great the abuse healers are taking in warzones now. No more laughing at a solo dps trying to kill you, either get peels or get your face smashed. Overpowered healing is too faceroll in objective based pvp like swtor has, where simply being annoying and staying alive to break up caps is much more important then killing people. Edited by Cereyeth

I want to say i am a healer, and i love the new changes. DPS can kill me if they need to, but i can still perform my role if i play well. I am still very hard to kill and providing a great service to my team. I think the small majority of the healers are crying because what they perceived as skill in 1.1.5 was just class imbalances. Healers are in a fine spot right now, aside from maybe the pvp medals.

Huh? "DPS can kill me if they need to."

I'm sorry but DPS should be targeting you most of the time as they do the healers on my server. Basically you've just told us you go up against terrible teams who don't know what to do with healers. Come over here and you'll learn real fast what it means to be a healer. Tell me about your wonderful skills when 6 of the 8 people on the opposing team want you dead at all times.

"Small majority of the healers are crying..." Ummm...no. Healers on my server are soundly, and not surprisingly, against the nerf as are many, many on the forums. We were even talking about it over /say to enemy healers during WZs today.

Look, we needed some nerf. That was confirmed to me when I did a 900k in Voidstar two weeks ago. But 1.2 was too much.

Look, we needed some nerf. That was confirmed to me when I did a 900k in Voidstar two weeks ago. But 1.2 was too much.

That's not unreasonable seeing a sage in particular dealing 600k consistently...

As a heal, you're able to just outheal the damage of one enemy by 50%, but they're 8, with probably 6 hitting your mates.

900k healing alone sounds like bad enemy players attacking 1-on-1 without any strategy.

we no longer seem to get kills from healing people who kill others. I assume something is broken and hope that is fixed too. Only way i have been able to get kills it to dot everyone i see and hope it kills someone

Agree ^^^ I'm NOT a healer, but being a DPS commando, I ALWAYS appreciate the heals I get as our survivability is embarrassingly low. If you keep me alive, and keep me killing, you should get credit for it.

I'm not seeing it, this was my first match of the day.

No, I wasn't freecasting. Had two marauders and a sorc on me the entire game.

I love the new healing.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/5ppoqx.jpg

You're class didn't get a nerf. You got a buff. I would hope you weren't seeing it. The only nerf you took was the nerf all healers took. That being Expertise giving a lower healing bonus. Read the patch notes.

Boo hoo you are actually killable now, get over it. Stick with your team, find yourself a tank to guard you, get your team to protect you. No more running around in the open and surviving 4 people beating on you like mad men.

Healing was OP pre-1.2.

I'm not seeing it, this was my first match of the day.

No, I wasn't freecasting. Had two marauders and a sorc on me the entire game.

I love the new healing.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/5ppoqx.jpg

Mostly what we're talking about is the nerf to sorcs/sages and commandos/bounty hunter healers. Operatives/Smugglers were also doing quite well on my server today because they actually got buffs.

Furthermore, you died once. These two marauders and the one sorc must've been very bad if they couldn't kill you.

Overall, I feel tougher with this patch than before it.

I think it is due to three reasons.

First, the operative buffs related to TA and the group heal are both helpful.

Second, the expertise changes, as I'm in full BM. That means I heal as much as pre-patch, as the extra expertise gained cancels out the healing expertise change. And people who aren't in full BM, well, their expertise didn't suddenly shoot up, so overall, I'm taking less damage.

And third, lots of people PvP'ing to check out the new 1.2 stuff, so less skilled, either due to lack of practice or less experience. These people are also less likely to have BM gear, of course, so that further makes it easier.

Worth noting that the second one could be why a lot of people are complaining in this thread. Having BM level gear makes a bigger difference now than it did previously. So if they lack it but their opponents have it, that would be a sizable chunk of why they go down fast.

Edited by Battilea

i am a merc healer. it is fine. Still healing through alot of dps. Yea we run out of heat faster, who cares. We had it too easy before.

I wish all we saves had to worry about was running out of force faster.

Boo hoo you are actually killable now, get over it. Stick with your team, find yourself a tank to guard you, get your team to protect you. No more running around in the open and surviving 4 people beating on you like mad men.

Stop attacking with assault and use snare/stun/root when possible to land at least 2 attacks, even a single damage dealer could kill a healing merc pre-nerf, that's just even worse now.

1.2 was the "Operative? Go Healing or quit!" patch. They even nerfed concealment so more people would get the hint (including me).

Since I only started healing a bit before the patch, and that with bad gear, I can't really comment on the difference to 1.2 - I only managed to get set bonuses right before the patch, then bought two BM pieces right afterwards. Though stuff's still fluid right now, many are still getting used to the changes to their class, so I assume we'll have a clearer picture in a week or so.

Healing was OP pre-1.2.

A 50 Sentinel complaining about healing being OP. HAHAHA, you are so bad. Sent/Mara could kill healers solo pre 1.2. I love it when people prove on the forums how bad they are.

Healing was OP pre-1.2.

Did you have trouble with healers before this? You're a Sent according to your sig so you really shouldn't have unless you don't know how to interrupt or come in the wz in greens. If you ever had four people who couldn't take down a healer I don't know what to tell you but maybe pvp isn't for you.