Who has cancelled their subscription due to the horrid PVP?

karlmonster

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i left today and this is always the track record when EA gets their greedy hands on a company,as long as the money is rolling in they can give a damm about design and where do these programmers come from the darkside of jupiter? 6 years of development and you think that giving 0 valor,0 credit,0 xp seems ok when you put a multiple gear leveling system in pvp at lvl 50? anyone who is not at rank 60 will have to hope and pray for half the team to be battlemasters and above to think of winning a wz due to this gear leveling you have to go threw.

I'm healing for about the same on my seer in 1.2 in wzs, but its just fun at all anymore.

The play style is complete trash. Heals are not situational enough, healing has too much of a rotation feel to it, hots are too weak, feels sluggish, and the burst healing is nearly non-existent.

I cancelled my subscription. Three others will probably follow me to another game. The only thing that would bring me back is a complete revamp of the three healing trees.

Edited by Awayy

I'm healing for about the same on my seer in 1.2 in wzs, but its just fun at all anymore.

The play style is complete trash. Heals are not situational enough, healing has too much of a rotation feel to it, hots are too weak, feels sluggish, and the burst healing is nearly non-existent.

I cancelled my subscription. Three others will probably follow me to another game. The only thing that would bring me back is a complete revamp of the three healing trees.

I agree with this. I play as a Sorc healer and healing is really slow now. Which doesn't make sense in a fast paced enviroment. I can't even heal myself vs 1-2 people and run away anymore. I feel like I just hit level 50 all over again.

I know this isn't going to be popular, but wow, do you all have absolutely nothing better to do than go on forums of games that you've quit playing and still complain? Wow...just wow...if, as you say, there are better games out there, then by all means go play them and quit wasting your time complaining on here. It won't make you feel any better.

I gave 1.2 a good go for about 6 hours this evening. There is some nice stuff in it (the legacy system is pretty neat and has alot of potential), however:

1) PvP is really nothing more than a dps race. Healers are paper dolls, and even tanks felt rather useless tonite.

2) The leaving early when your losing a WZ just makes it even more faceroll for the winning team. Not sure what part of that someone thought would be "fun", but my $15/mo is saying it's not. Yea yea, ranked WZ's give a debuff for leaving. Big deal, they all should...period.

3) Losing a WZ can yield absolutely nothing. Lol really? People don't pay $15/mo for that.

I had really high hopes for this game back in Dec/Jan, but this past month has really made me lose interest, and 1.2 pretty much cinched it.

Yea, I cancelled too.

I've seriously considered unsubbing. The new update is absolutely horrid, with the only good thing being UI customization. PvP is an absolute mess, and I find the Legacy upgrade costs to be ridiculous. I've almost lost all my faith in Bioware, and the only reason I'm even staying now is because I have friends here.

First they screwed up the Mass Effect 3 ending (I see game endings before buying games themselves. Saved myself $60 by doing that. I am not buying the game unless they fix the game to have at least one happy ending.), and now update 1.2. What the heck, Bioware? Seriously.

My sub runs out at midnight tonight and i've already uninstalled the game and deleted the content from my harddrive.

There's no way that i'm re-downloading the 11GiB of data required to play the game, even if BioWare is giving out a free month.

1.2, by all accounts, has been a deathblow to swtor. BioWare took a game that was fairly balanced (aside from 3 classes) and thrown the balance completely off. BioWare took a game that had a decent reward system for pvp and changed it to reward only those who already have an advantage. BioWare failed to deliver on a system that would have provided challenging matchups for the pvp community, and were dishonest about the system's release date up until 12 hours before it was slated to be published. BioWare failed to deliver on OWPvP by creating an amazing landscape to pvp in, but putting the focus on one location in that

BioWare knows this, they know they've screwed up big time and their data shows the unsub rate to be high enough to warrant giving out a free month of play-time to their players to try and makeup for these issues.

Quite frankly a free month isn't enough. If I'm going to even look at playing this game ever again the following needs to happen.

A.) The Dir of PVP and it's Project Managers need to be fired. They've done nothing but fail in designing the game's pvp over the last 3 months, and their "ideas" generally hurt the company more than help.

B.) Roll-back the balance changes that went live in 1.2. 3 classes being slightly OP (in one way or another) is easier to deal with than 2 massively OP classes and 6 super-gimps. The metrics used to balance need to be based on class potentials, and not on class use because sometimes it takes 2+ months for a community to figure out how-to maximize a classes worth.

C.) Weekly updates posted to the forum on the status of upcoming PVP changes - positive and negative hurdles.

D.) the PTR has to have a "Mission Box" which allows players choose to auto-level to 20, 30, 40, 50 and provides a full set of appropriate gear as quest rewards so that upcoming changes can be tested by a large portion of the population instead of a select few.

E.) X-Server queuing, Ranked Warzones, a anti-cheating system, and 3 - 4 new Warzones need to become the priority for PvP's future. Class imbalance in 1.1 wasn't such that it required such a gigantic overhall.

F.) All future class changes should be rolled-out in smaller updates and would change 1 - 2 classes per update instead of making sweeping changes.

Do this BioWare, and i'll resub. Fail to address these issues and i've already started looking at other MMO's. It's really a shame that the game went this direction because January - March I had such high hopes for this game.

This. Excellent post, I agree with everything here. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Bioware will even consider this. They'll just throw out the usual "Thank you for your feedback, we are listening."

Edited by Ardim

I know this isn't going to be popular, but wow, do you all have absolutely nothing better to do than go on forums of games that you've quit playing and still complain? Wow...just wow...if, as you say, there are better games out there, then by all means go play them and quit wasting your time complaining on here. It won't make you feel any better.

You don't understand. They post here because they are grieving but still have hope. When that fades, they won't post any more.

You are probably right about not feeling better. I don't. I just feel a bit sad. I was truly enjoying the game and commented to some friends that, as MMORPGs go, the balance was actually pretty good between classes. There will always be one spec that is "OP". The question is not if, but to what degree. And TOR, for its faults, did a pretty good job there. Until this patch.

This patch. The one that they receive large amounts of feedback on. The feedback they ignored. To produce This Patch.

Again - they only post because they're hurt and angry and hopeful all at once. Your inability to see that reflects poorly on you.

basically, this has made me both sad and angry.

I loved this game and I'm basically in "mourning" so I want to post my complaints about how they just ruined my favorite game. i'm sorry that annoys you.

Perhaps people are venting their frustrations over the fact this game could have been so much better. Voicing their opinions to Bioware will do more for the game then just shutting your mouth and leaving.

Perhaps you should be thanking the people in this thread.

Lets Face the Changes:

Expertise Changes:

More Damage, lesser Damage Reduction, far lesser Heal Bonus.

Class Changes:

Nothing to say about the buffs to dps, and even commandos/bhs now can do more with all changes combined even if they cant spamm just one ability.

Heal Nerfs.

Armor comes more into rule to all those changes, assasin tanks are now a bit thin.

Commendation Changes:

HAHAHA,

sorry but well new players who will always get steamrolled now cause of the expertise changes, or players with champion gear vs battlemaster. will mostly only get 4 Warzone Medals, so they get no money, nearly no commendations.

DPS > HPS

It feels like 50-80%.

Healer squishy as paper, together with a new root, and the old knockback, no stun immunity, stuns, slows, roots etc. its like when your opponent know what he do and you know it also, and you maybe are better skilled as player your chances to survive are the same if you are the noob and he is mr. i get 1 million per month for playing pvp.

But hell yeah pvp is a lot of fun now:

WHEN YOU PREMADE WITH A DECENT TEAM

thats challenging and that is really nice to see and play but even then class combos win over skill. beside Huttball...

Effektive DPS:

Marauder/Sentinel> Jugger/Guardians > Powertech/Vanguard > Commando/Bhs > Sniper/Gunslinger > Assassin/Shadow > Sabo/Scoundrel > Sorcs.

When it comes to surviving and killing.

Healers

Sabo/Scoundrel > Bounty Hunter/commando > Sorcs

when it comes to effektive burst healing over a period of time.

Dont Mention the PVE changes....

Thats the facts now, noobs get even more destroyed then before, new players will not feel any happy about pvp when they get the first experiences in the 50 bracket.

Ranked Warzones are not even possible right now, due to nearly no balance at all.

The Topjoke over this after they buffed the Marauder Class as if they needed a buff lol:

Marauder Anhilation Specc with some selfbuffs 9k Krit...

YEAH THE DOT SPECC (Watchmen on sentinel)

Have Fun Bioware...

Edited by Elkantar

I waiting to see the what the next couple of patches do to correct the problems.

Elkanter pretty much hit the nail on the head, the only thing I'd change is that it's not just assassin/shadow tanks that are a bit thin, they all are. I play a Vanguard tank and I am being taken down by one people in seconds. I'm dying so fast that the four second stuns aren't even worn off yet.

That has other effects too, we can't guard anyone because then we go down even quicker (if that's possible).

I ended up just switching to Tactics spec because I might as well do more damage (and our damage didn't really get a buff, so its not outrageous Mara/Sent type damage.

So far, in my guild, we've had one guy unsub and a number of people strongly considering it and just waiting for GW2 and PS2.

The way I see it, BW just went too far. We needed some balancing before, sorcs/sages and gav rnd/tracer mis nerfs but just tiny ones. They didn't need to make all the changes they did.

Really, really thinking about it. But not due to horrid PvP, I don't really see or notice or care about most of the issues people are complaining about. My issues is I'm valor 70, it doesn't mean anything anymore. Any tard can run around in my armour now. And I have full BM gear, and nothing to strive for.

I did the one daily today, got 99 ranked commendations. With just a War Hero helmet costing 2425 commendations, that's 24 weeks of just dailies to get one piece, and its not even really much better, so whats the point? Sure, there is a weekly too, but is there another way to get Ranked Commendations?

If not what the hell am I doing, just repeating warzones with no benefit. Oooh, Warzone commendations, which are good for nothing at my level.

I must be missing something.

Edit: I just found out I can trade Warzone Commendations for Ranked Commendations, so I'm not so pissed now. :p

Edited by Frankee

Yeah, after getting facerolled by games of 4+ marauders it really feels pointless to continue playing. Additionally, the nerfs to operative dps hurt more than I thought it would. I held out hopes for my operative, but after playing all day and seeing the impact I realize it just isn't worth it to play anymore when I'm not having fun. The game has become more frustrating than enjoyable so I too have cancelled.

I agree with this. I play as a Sorc healer and healing is really slow now. Which doesn't make sense in a fast paced enviroment. I can't even heal myself vs 1-2 people and run away anymore. I feel like I just hit level 50 all over again.

Yeah, the new healing style has a "low" level feel to it. I was hope they would nerf seers through a process that made them a better rounded healer and more entertaining to play.

All they did was simplify the play style and make illogical changes that would annoy most players.