Who has cancelled their subscription due to the horrid PVP?

karlmonster

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cancelled my account.

More grind more imbalance until everyone gets war hero gear. I am done with grinding, I want to have fun pvp which is more player skill based. Not based on someone with no life who can get war hero gear months before anyone else.

Call me a qq'er Idc, it's a personal choice. If you want to stay fine, you still like the game. But don't insult players who cancels their subscriptions, they just got fed up.

Remember this is a product like other products, some people doesn't find the product to their satisfaction and as a result cancel their sub. Players who stay must be satisfied with the product and stays. No matter the road, it's a personal oppinion.

Anyway gg to the remaining players and thx for the fun.

Mysli, Operative healer, Ludo Kresh

How many actually unsubbed and how many are just posting here because they think it will make BW change their minds?

Also, lolquitthreads.

Here's mine. Yes it's real too! :p

Your subscription has been cancelled.

You have 7 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

I dont hate this game or the pvp and not leaving because of 1.2, but.......I was really enjoying the open world and the overall feel of pvp in SWG during the last couple years before shut down. The GCW update really added a countless amount of FUN.

There was a constant struggle to maintain planetary control and the people that really commited to that aspect of the game had a fun time.

The pvp was not all about gear or rewards it was about galactic control. You Impacted the game itself.

Here its just log in play a warzone, play another warzone, hang at fleet, buy gear, play warzone.

Maybe i was spoiled by swg freedom and environmental impact, IDK.

Not that the warzones are not fun (the 1st 50 times). Its just that it serves no purpose. Its just a mini-game like space here.

I guess its just not the game I want it to be. My sub ends soon and I will be out for a while. I wanted to complete the storylines but I will just watch them on youtube.

Edited by kirorx

I dont hate this game or the pvp but.......I was really enjoying the open world and the overall feel of pvp in SWG during the last couple years before shut down. The GCW update really added a countless amount of FUN.

There was a constant struggle to maintain planetary control and the people that really commited to that aspect of the game had a fun time.

The pvp was not all about gear or rewards it was about galactic control. You Impacted the game itself.

Here its just log in play a warzone, play another warzone, hang at fleet, buy gear, play warzone.

Not that the warzones are not fun (the 1st 50 times). Its just that it serves no purpose. Its just a mini-game like space here.

I guess its just not the game I want it to be. My sub ends soon and I will be out for a while. I wanted to complete the storylines but I will just watch them on youtube.

I agree. I enjoyed SWG PvP more than any other MMO I've played to date.

I canceled 3 weeks ago, but was waiting for ranked warzones to re-sub.

Im really glad I didnt re-subbed before today. Yeah, i had fun unlocking some fluf, but nothing major really changed. Two of my characters are married now. Cool. But i havent gained anything for them, not a title, not a special emote, absolutely nothing. At least a stupid title like "son of" ... or "brother of" would help with the RP.

Lots of bug fixes and re balancing, so nothing to wow me there. What i really got was a new warzone, but i still cant select to play on it and still have to play hutball from time to time.

The stupidly high grind for the battlemaster set is insane. And whats worse, not even worth it!

Shadows still look like crap even on maxed out settings.

My server still has a low population, or as swtor puts it, "standard". I still cant talk to all the other lvl 50s in my server unless we are all on the same planet/fleet. Good for you BW that you dont wanna talk about server merges!

The same 3 space missions i've ran tens of times.

So, now ill just play the last weeks of my 3 month sub and be done with it.

Thx Bioware for the cool stories, but im not gonna play the game 8 times knowing i have nothing waiting for me at the end.

hey thats me. (and not because of the sorc nerfs. the games problems go waaaaaaaaaaaaaay deeper than any class balance issues.)

not me, i cancelled because I woke up and realized there was jack **** to this game in its entirety, 3, now 4 war zones are a joke and they had to abandon their Orvr world because of its ******ude.

Fact is the game had no longevity built into it, it was designed as a small console game, one stat per class and off you go. As Biowares first foray into the MMO market, using the SW IP was a disastrous mistake as they have done it a grave injustice.

i quit. 5 days left .. just enough time to gloss over the new "kontent"

Also just about enough time to take me to Tera, I will throw money at them and see how that goes. If that doesn't work, I will go throw my wallet at GW2 and see how that works. My point is....I am going to throw money at someone, besides strippers, and BioWare could have been it.

The worst part about this.....

I now have to admit my best friend was right! He spent a week playing and stopped, gave very valid reasons, and those have proven true!

Why? You gonna form a super secret club with decoder rings?

Nope- no conspiracy; put away your tinfoil cap. A great deal of customers are going to show their dissatisfaction with their money, and allocate it to a different game/game company.

Also just about enough time to take me to Tera, I will throw money at them and see how that goes. If that doesn't work, I will go throw my wallet at GW2 and see how that works. My point is....I am going to throw money at someone, besides strippers, and BioWare could have been it.

The worst part about this.....

I now have to admit my best friend was right! He spent a week playing and stopped, gave very valid reasons, and those have proven true!

I wrapped closed beta 5 last week- I didn't like it. I guess TERA is not my game. If you want an open beta code, create an account at EnMasse and in the "enter code" feature on the page type in "TERABETA".

Cancled over 2 weeks ago just thought i would hang out and see how good this 1.2 was suppose to be. It ruined many things i enjoied and confirmed that i am done with this game.

Going back to wow i guess. what a bummer. I dont like that game much more then this one.

10 day left on this account and its 10 waisted day. I wont be back unistal running in justa few sec.

Good buy and good rediddens swtor..

I wrapped closed beta 5 last week- I didn't like it. I guess TERA is not my game. If you want an open beta code, create an account at EnMasse and in the "enter code" feature on the page type in "TERABETA".

Awesome! I will give that a try, you might have just saved me a couple of bucks.

I also pre-canceled. Normally I don't post on these types of threads but this is another one of those "had so much potential" MMOs and really bugs me to quit over pvp, but it's the only thing I like to do for end game now a days. Let's face it, end game pvp is a joke and only caters to people who need gear to make up for lack of skill. I never wanted free gear, or easy to obtain gear. I just think "expertise" (lol the irony) is pretty ridiculous and unnecessary. But hey, what do I know? Other than I am one more person not going to give EA money each month any more. Edited by Rodingo

"Dad, if someone leaves basketball at recess throwing a fit we don't let him play again."

I love the analogy, and usually the kid test works pretty well, but... how many basketball games at recess are 4 vs 8? This really has little to do with quitting per say, but instead with unbalanced teams.

My server is imp heavy, but we have our share of good rep players, and we usually have solid matches during peak hours. Late evening starts seeing matches with 7-8 and lower. Never in the rep favor. One person down, and can still at least make a match of it. 3 people down and you are in zero-kills-for-the-team territory against good players. So if you have zero chance of winning, and you get nothing for a major loss, why bother?

Anyways, I have said it before and will say it again, if a match starts uneven, then it needs to kick people off the team with higher numbers and then cap the match at that number. IE: 5 vs 8, kick 3 off the 8 side and cap match at 5 vs 5 max. At minimum there should be no bonus for the winning team in this situation. No risk = no reward.

I love the analogy, and usually the kid test works pretty well, but... how many basketball games at recess are 4 vs 8? This really has little to do with quitting per say, but instead with unbalanced teams.

My server is imp heavy, but we have our share of good rep players, and we usually have solid matches during peak hours. Late evening starts seeing matches with 7-8 and lower. Never in the rep favor. One person down, and can still at least make a match of it. 3 people down and you are in zero-kills-for-the-team territory against good players. So if you have zero chance of winning, and you get nothing for a major loss, why bother?

Anyways, I have said it before and will say it again, if a match starts uneven, then it needs to kick people off the team with higher numbers and then cap the match at that number. IE: 5 vs 8, kick 3 off the 8 side and cap match at 5 vs 5 max. At minimum there should be no bonus for the winning team in this situation. No risk = no reward.

I have a feeling the teams are just as lopsided as back when I was in school.

But to the rest of what you said; I agree and have made many posts on the issue. They were more geared towards why even allowing a WZ to start when the teams are imbalanced, but I get what you are saying.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

The reality is, we are like investors for BioWare. Every month I hand them over $15, as each of you do, and by the end of the month I expect to see improvements and fixes to the content. And the fact of the matter is, they don't deliver with the money we provide them. Every aspect of PvP just seems lackluster. Not to mention they won't fix bugs that have existed since day 1, but they release all this new "glam" that adds almost nothing to the game besides aesthetics.

I logged on this morning, messed around with the new stuff and played 1 pvp game. I'll be gone the rest of the weekend, so I won't be able to play until monday. I'll be keeping my subscription for 1 more month, but if nothing changes or things get worse, I will be unsubbed by the middle of May(Diablo 3!). I have already paid $60(for game) plus 4 months of subbing so far(another $60) for a total of $120. That's not much money in the overall scheme of things, but it's more money than I can live with continuing to pay when the overall gameplay and content is sub-par. I've given them chances and the benefit of the doubt, but we are almost 6 months into this and things don't seem to be improving, IMO.

Edited by SoBlue

why are all you so-called unsubbers still posting? if you quit the game then you have no reason to post your oh woe is me nonsense.

Well some of us still have remaining subscription days. So we paid for this game until it runs out.

As a customer just like you we got every right to post on the forums just like you. People buying other products are also entitled to give their reasons for why they like or dislike a product. It's fine when a fanboy like you comes to flame people who are not of the same oppinion as he/she is. However that doesn't make the game better for the people unsubbing.

Edited by DasHillBilly

You can't quit this game because they give you free 30 days if you do.

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

You must have at least one level 50 character.

Your account must not be banned.

Great. I dont have a level 50 character (level 46) but had the game since launch. I just enjoyed playing all the classes. :confused: