Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all TY Bioware for the extra month and the pet :)

that said i can feel simpathy with the people that just started playing for like a week or 2 a 3 that they dont get the free month but i dont feel simpathy for the ones that are here from dat one or even earlyer u guys had WAY enuf time to get 50 so stop complaining

Sorry for bad english and wall of text ^^

I can only speak for myself - but if they had come out and said "You know - you 50's - for putting up with all the crap at max level - broken Ilum, bugged raids, etc - we're giving you 30 free days"

I don't think they can say negative things about their game like that in a press release, without ticking off shareholders etc.

This all seems like a lot of huffy passive agression.

To whom this may concern,

I am a huge fan of SW:TOR and you have developed an exciting and awesome game. I have played many MMO's and this by far is the best I have played and experienced. I have leveled my main character to level 39 and will not be able to reach the requirements of attaining level 50 tonight in order to receive the 30 days of free play to those members that have reached level 50 by this time. I have enjoyed the many different stories that each class offer and I am looking forward to experiencing the new updates in 1.2 Legacy.

I have been a "founding" member and have renewed my subscriptions since December 20, 2011. I feel that we continue to support and are very loyal participants to SW:TOR. Some of us have families or are gamers who try to log on as much as we can but are time restrainted and cannot log on and play as much as we would like. I am asking you to add us; the loyal and supporting gamers, to receive the additional 30 days of game time free as we have been loyal and supportive but unable to obtain the requirements or reaching that level by midnight tonight.

I look forward to playing and experiencing the continued developments that will be developed and issued to us and will continue to be a loyal member. Please consider us for the 30 day additional game time as we have supported and enjoyed the game without reaching those level 50 requirements. Thank you for your time and making a fantastic game

This ^^

Yay! Thank you for the super special awesome surprise of free game time!

<3

I agree! I love this game, and I feel honoured being rewarded this free stuff. Stop complaining everyone, we're getting free stuff! Good job Bioware on continuing to bring more and more players into this game. I respect that Bioware is not just bailing out and merging servers instantly, it's early on and they are gonna fight for more players until the servers are heavy. Good for them! I think we should all invite friends to play and praise the game, give it a good image. Bioware will continue to put their customers first with free game time and awesome updates and more players will play. I can see this game being successful, I hope it works out. If not, then there are always merges that can be done :)

Yay! Thank you for the super special awesome surprise of free game time!

<3

Weird.

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

check

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

check

You must have at least one level 50 character.

check

Your account must not be banned.

check

No tauntaun (ok, thats on the 24th, rith?), no gametime anywhere (just tells me the next time I'll be billed is in 2 days in account-management).

Am I missing something like "on april 1st" or something like that? :D

Edited by chillshock

I have a level 50 and several low(er) level alts. I agree that the wording is unfortunate and that Founders who stuck around should get a reward independent of the level of their toons.

But I also agree that level 50s who stuck around, after hitting 50 and Battlemaster/Rakata level, despite the limited content available should be rewarded for it, too. I know that after only 2 weeks of level 50 doing the dailies felt tedious and was basically back to grinding for the special item that costs 120 or 200 or whatever daily comms and my respect grew for the guildies who logged in every day for weeks on a low population server "to do their dailies".

Pre-level 50 there is the 'got to finish this' motivation to stick around. But post-level 50 takes some faith in the devs to deliver on their promises of new features and content, particularly features and content that makes the life of a level 50 worth living again. On that note it's really sad that ranked WZ have been postponed. That was of major importance to many and something they awaited with excitement. The 30 days gift may also be directed toward them, to give them the option to stay subbed while waiting and not having to pay for the additional time.

Thank you, BioWare, for the gift. I would have stuck around anyway, but I appreciate the appreciation. Maybe I'll donate 30 days to a loyal guildie who didn't get it.

I agree! I love this game, and I feel honoured being rewarded this free stuff. Stop complaining everyone, we're getting free stuff! Good job Bioware on continuing to bring more and more players into this game. I respect that Bioware is not just bailing out and merging servers instantly, it's early on and they are gonna fight for more players until the servers are heavy. Good for them! I think we should all invite friends to play and praise the game, give it a good image. Bioware will continue to put their customers first with free game time and awesome updates and more players will play. I can see this game being successful, I hope it works out. If not, then there are always merges that can be done :)

Yes, absolutely!

ive been here since the start, but i dont have a lvl 50 character yet (highest is lvl 45) but thats ok! i dont deserve to get those 30 days anyway, im not a "valued customer".

but yaaay on bioware for giving away free time to all their valued customers that have reached lvl 50 (wether theyve been here from the start or if they just joined two weeks ago and spacebar-rushed all the way to 50 doesnt matter, theyre still more valued than me).

My fiancée and I have been playing SW:TOR since early access in December, both with active subscriptions since then. We play sitting right beside each other...I had more time off over the holiday season and was able to get my main to level 50. My fiancée was not able to. As such, I'll get the free 30 days and she won't. This is, to be frank, completely and utterly messed up.

Bioware, you really need to step up and fix this by broadening what you consider to be a 'valuable' customer. Sure, include accounts with active level 50s as of April 12 or whatever. Also include accounts who have been active and subscribed since December or January regardless of character level. Let's be honest, it's the right thing to do if you truly value all of your customers and their play styles/play time equally.

I am very upset to read this and find that I am not a 'valued customer'.

If I had realised I definitely could have pushed a character to 50.

The main reason i didn't is because I bought the game for my friend who was unsure about spending the money to try it. We have played a trooper tank/healer pair up to 30, 3-4 nights a week for the last month.

This is compounded by my altaholism. My first 'main' got to 42 before I tried others, so I have a 31? smuggler and a 47 consular also.

This slap in the face makes me wish I hadn't bothered :/.

Thx bioware. Not only is it a great idea to entice people to come back but also rewarding the people that stuck with you was a really good idea and does show you do appreciate your players. Its like you just gave SWTOR a stimulus/bailout and I bet itll work just like the auto industry coming back. ;)

[...]

No tauntaun, no gametime anywhere (just tells me the next time I'll be billed is in 2 days in account-management).

Am I missing something like "on april 1st" or something like that? :D

Please reread your email, those will not be added right now, but most seemingly at April 24/25. (Not sure about the exact time for the gametime, as there are conflicting statemants in the email: end of current billing period vs. April 24/25)

The lvl 50 crowd is a niche group, it primarily represents the power gamers/hardcores and raiders. It's this group of player that's quitting swtor, as Bioware atleast momentarily, isn't providing them with an enjoyable experience, hence the reason they are being offered free time to continue to play.

Bioware doesn't have to offer the casual gamer/altoholic base anything. I fall into this 2nd contingent of player and this is, by far, the best MMO I've played to date. I will very happily continue to pay for the experience I am presently getting within swtor.

Discriminating reward system. Illegal in some countries, but apparently not in whatever country BW is based out of.

I'm a "Founder" and have remained subscribed since I bought the game on December 31st, but because I've had to change servers due to population changes, and because I like to level up multiple characters simultaneously, I am judged as being not worthy of a free month's subscription.

Whoever came up with this criteria needs to not work for BioWare anymore. I can't even see why the level 50 requirement is there. Shouldn't this gift be to all the "loyal" players who's stood with BioWare since launch? If so, remove the level 50 requirement and give the free month to everyone entitled to the "Founder" title.

Or just give everyone 30 days and instantly become the most popular company on Earth for a month.

Thx bioware. Not only is it a great idea to entice people to come back but also rewarding the people that stuck with you was a really good idea and does show you do appreciate your players. Its like you just gave SWTOR a stimulus/bailout and I bet itll work just like the auto industry coming back. ;)

right, except for those players who dont have a lvl 50 character for whatever reason...

theyre not worth it right?

no matter how long theyve played...

The lvl 50 crowd is a niche group, it primarily represents the power gamers/hardcores and raiders. It's this group of player that's quitting swtor, as Bioware atleast momentarily, isn't providing them with an enjoyable experience, hence the reason they are being offered free time to continue to play.

Bioware doesn't have to offer the casual gamer/altoholic base anything. I fall into this 2nd contingent of player and this is, by far, the best MMO I've played to date. I will very happily continue to pay for the experience I am presently getting within swtor.

Oh everyone gets WHY theyre doing it...

but the way theyre presenting it, those customers are more valued than us...

THATS whats causing the outrage.