Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I serched up and down Hoth. I went to that mountain where you turn the that water buff into a glass of water. Every time i go there is always someone camping the chest, that is where the wamps spawns i believe because as a biochemist I was able to harvest the dead wampa, but sadly not loot it :(

Oh well, heres hoping we can figure this mystery out soon.

I think the new wampas on Highmont Ridge are there to slow down the campers on that chest. When I make my run through for the magenta crystal, I always make sure to stop there as well as to beat the legendary wampa.

I'm on Deadweight, and last night I (a level 50) got ganked by three level 50 Imps. First time that's happened to me on Hoth.

Any way, it's awesome so many people are trying to figure this out. This evening when the servers come up, I'll get my little keet and continue hunting for the Hoth pet. I will report if I find anything.

Since there is already a topic about Supposedly Gargath drops The Exotic Animal Crate. <--- Note: we are still waiting on screenshots for this.

Great, so this means there are multiple ones like the Orobirds most likely then. More stuff to collect...

Theory:

The old Fresh Cryomoss probably wont be used again and will only live in the beta.

Another source for the schematic, but not sure where the jerky is 'found.'

Patch Notes:

Ice Scrabbler Jerky, a cantina food item with powerful out-of-combat health regeneration effects, has been added as a Biochem recipe. This recipe can be learned by finding the schematic or by reverse engineering Ice Scrabbler Jerky found on Hoth.

Ingredients are

Cosmic Trace Particle x 4 - Grade 4 Bio Compund

Inert Virus x 4 - Grade 4 Bio Sample

Ice Scrabbler Liver x 1 - Rare Crafting Material; Drops from mobs on Hoth.

Pickeld Space Worm x 2 - Cantina Item; Sold at Hoth Cantina.

Ice Fern x 1 - Rare Crafting Material; Found on Hoth 30 min spawn timer (?).

Edited by Kobelayton

Great, so this means there are multiple ones like the Orobirds most likely then. More stuff to collect...

Theory:

The old Fresh Cryomoss probably wont be used again and will only live in the beta.

It was expected though. It said Tauntaun vanity pets on Hoth so I expected more than one...though, I'll admit I thought Smelly and another and not Taunlet and Taunling. But I suppose that matches up with Taunta (and the Orobirds are Orokeet, Orosquab, and Orochick) so....

But yes, if we get confirmation on Taunling from the Crate (with a screenshot of the crate and/or Taunling or it showing up to be looted or whatever), then it's highly likely Taunlet is the NVSCCS-Ice Scrabbler Jerky one.

That is true, though, that doesn't mean the pet you got from it won't be back in a different way. Would love to know what's going on with Smelly and if he's in or not yet :p

Another source for the schematic, but not sure where the jerky is 'found.'

Patch Notes:

Ingredients are

Cosmic Trace Particle x 4 - Grade 4 Bio Compund

Inert Virus x 4 - Grade 4 Bio Sample

Ice Scrabbler Liver x 1 - Rare Crafting Material; Drops from mobs on Hoth.

Pickeld Space Worm x 2 - Cantina Item; Sold at Hoth Cantina.

Ice Fern x 1 - Rare Crafting Material; Found on Hoth 30 min spawn timer (?).

Yeah, I'd like to know where the Jerky can be found on Hoth as well. I know the schematic can be looted off the flash point or operation (can't remember which), but I'd rather loot the Jerky from Hoth and reverse engineer it to learn the recipe.

i can confirm the tauntaun pet from the cantina vendor at the fleet, i bought one today before the downtime happened and its called "taunta"

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/14090.jpg

cant remember the price of it, but its there allright :)

then there will be the one we get as a pet from BW that has Ram horns on it and a small "saddlebag" ( it looks like a saddlebag but im not sure )