Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP Pyro 1.2 Impressions so Far, Modding Tests.

exphryl

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to go right for eliminator WH or CT?

I'll be going for Eliminator.

For the thread these are my current stats with Moddable Bracers/Belt (for 0 expertise on those) and the rest remodded PVP Gear

http://www.exphryl.com/warhero_crafted_new_stats.jpg

As you can see I'm running without a set bonus currently since that doesn't transfer from the BM armoring, haven't noticed much difference.

I'll be going for Eliminator.

For the thread these are my current stats with Moddable Bracers/Belt (for 0 expertise on those) and the rest remodded PVP Gear

http://www.exphryl.com/warhero_crafted_new_stats.jpg

As you can see I'm running without a set bonus currently since that doesn't transfer from the BM armoring, haven't noticed much difference.

I thought the set bonus was supposed to transfer...

Set bonuses are tied to the armor shell for everything that existed pre 1.2. That doesn't mean you can buy it again and have it be different, it means all pre-existing sets have set bonuses tied to the shell. New War-master and Black Hole sets have set bonuses tied to the armoring so they can be moved with the bits.

If you put armoring with a set bonus inside a shell that has a set bonus the armoring bonus overwrites the shell bonus. No double set bonuses.

So for now if you want the set bonus, your stuck with the set, time to start playing later when I get off one game not spectacular, voidstar seemed to kill healers pretty quick, I didnt hear the laugh once, I saw the proc for PPA but no laugh dunno I wasnt wearing my headset though. Only had a 4100 Crit on rail shot with standard BM eliminator set with champ relics no cool downs used at all in the game just trying to get a feel for the 6 sec proc, heat was a little bit of an issue. For a PVE perspective it will suck. For defending against 1 or two guys I think we still have the DPS to destroy stuff. Had no issues in 1v1 situations. Only used defensive cool down and medpack.

Nice write up man GJ!

Im sticking with pyro for the time being, really wish IM was only 16 heat or somthing to make life in pvp alittle easier though. Going to have a play with my mods as you have and see if i see an improvement... I definately feel i am doing less damage as im not hitting the high numbers i was before. I guess its down to no more squishy targets. Though with a 23% damage bonus i would of thought i should be able to break 5k.. I havent yet QQ

On a side note... I am getting blown away by the good Sentinels and Guardians facing me atm. I dont feel even in this fight anymore... what gives!?!

Guys, I still dont understand.

So now after every railshot i have to count 6 secs in my head and save my rocket punch for that? in other words, i should only be using rocket punch to proc PPA when 6 secs is up in my head?

And I find that using railshot as early as u can (before detonator) to get proc on cooldown as soon possible give me better burst. railshot>detonator>rocket punch>railshot?

Edited by Hupepak

So now after every railshot i have to count 6 secs in my head and save my rocket punch for that? in other words, i should only be using rocket punch to proc PPA when 6 secs is up in my head?

And I find that using railshot as early as u can (before detonator) to get proc on cooldown as soon possible give me better burst. railshot>detonator>rocket punch>railshot?

Reason I keep RS after Detonator at the start is to maximize the burst since the hit and explosion will be so close.

RP only hits harder, for me at least today, than FB if it crits (Which it will than do more damage than the FB+CGC Tick Combo) so I save it quite a bit to guarantee a proc, well, at least for the most part proc PPA.

Edited by exphryl

So to get two railshots back to back, you HAVE to use incendiary missile first. If you open with flame burst, there's a chance to proc PPA and therefore it will start the internal cooldown. If you hit a normal railshot when it's off its normal cooldown it doesnt count toward the PPA.

Reason I keep RS after Detonator at the start is to maximize the burst since the hit and explosion will be so close.

RP only hits harder, for me at least today, than FB if it crits (Which it will than do more damage than the FB+CGC Tick Combo) so I save it quite a bit to guarantee a proc, well, at least for the most part proc PPA.

Exphyrl, the orange pvp armors that you crafted...do they give you set bonus? and what kind of mats they require?

@ 0 secs: proc

@ 3 secs: ability that proc'ed and rail shot done, 3 seconds to go till new proc.

So actually, you're counting 3 secs after your proc'ed rail shot. You have plenty of useful skills to choose between in those 3 seconds.

It's not very difficult to get used to, and it doesn't hurt our dps much at all (remember, you're getting a lot more procs).

Exphyrl, the orange pvp armors that you crafted...do they give you set bonus? and what kind of mats they require?

set boni from bm gear arent transferred over. which totally sucks, but hey, its bioware we are talking about here ...

mats are ok, not expensive at all; the items dont cost any mandalorian iron, just blue underworld metals and the normal scavenged metals and compounds.

if the craft crits u get an augment slot; so once u can extract the stuff out of true war hero gear u buy (+ the set boni) then using those crafted items will be better.

After some 5 hours playing Pyro and 6 hours playing AP, I can tell you the changes to AP are indeed barely noticeable.

At first I was like, "Hmm I dont remember ever hitting that hard with Immolate!" But then a gunslinger 3 shotted me (In full BM gear, with my shield up and Kolto overload)

DPS overall have been boosted so, Tanking will be a pain in the *** in 1.2 :( So far the Pyro nerf is noticeable, but workable. I have started using rapid shots alot more and all is fine.

The OP is correct :( TD spec is a most now

@ 0 secs: proc

@ 3 secs: ability that proc'ed and rail shot done, 3 seconds to go till new proc.

So actually, you're counting 3 secs after your proc'ed rail shot. You have plenty of useful skills to choose between in those 3 seconds.

It's not very difficult to get used to, and it doesn't hurt our dps much at all (remember, you're getting a lot more procs).

Also what will help is having the countdown timers on your toolbar. Just look at the rail shot timer and when it says the time you want go fishing again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.