1.2 Sound *argh my ears*

Dirtyshadow

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jet noice on fleet is all the speeders.

They now make noise when mounted and not moving. It sounds like i am on the tarmac at a major international airport.

WZ sounds were really f-ed up when 1.2 first came out.

Some issues have been resolved like Voidstar when planting the bomb and general ambiance as well as Hutball but it still not back to what it was pre 1.2.

Honestly its a little annoying but not game breaking. I have seen worse bug/glitches post patch in other games post major patch.

The issue with the Jet Engine on the Fleet seems to be directional; as if emitting from an actual source. When I heard it near the GTN, I jumped onto my own speeder and drove around. Sure enough, the sound levels started to vary in intensity.

When I was directly inbetween the Crew Skills and Galactic Trade Market sections of the outer ring on the Republic Fleet, the sound was all around me and at the highest levels (as best I could tell with my Logitech G930 7.1 headset). There was no speeder present there though (I also dismounted from mine to test).

When I went to the opposite area at the lift to Coruscant Departures; I could still hear it; but a lot less intense.

Edited by Danakar

Having issues as well. Music doesn't work anymore: no music in space missions, no music in the new OP, etc. Also companion sounds coming from well. Terrible noise in fleets ("fixed" by turning ambient to almost 0%). The "instructions" not playing in warzones (which is actually good for Hutball lol). Was there a surroud sound option before the patch btw? Only "surround" effect I remember was those fighters coming from behind you in space missions. If I could choose, I'd rather have the normal sounds anyway, sounded better.

Also most members in guild having sound issues as well, not just me / posters in this thread :p

Edited by Freor

JET ENGINE NOISE FTW LOL THE FIRST TIME I HEARD IT I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL BUT AFTER 10 SECONDS OMG WHY IS IT STILL GOING ON AND ON SO IRRITATING:mad:

This was me first time I logged in after the patch,

Was sitting in fleet doing some shopping on the GTN, and I swear someone was doing test firings of jet engines in the cantina. Had to turn off ambient, I think the constant low freq engine whine was giving me a headache.

Realism is nice but I am sure the only sound I should hear at the GTN is NPC chatter and maybe background music

Edit: I have a decent sound set up on my computer, maybe bioware tuned the audio with headphones or onboard audio and cheap speakers. The audio itself is excellent quality, but the levels they are played at is a bit wierd.

Edited by LongGui

A mod directed me to this thread, so I guess I'm supposed to say something like: "Yeah me too!"

Consider that said ;)

I have a decent sound set up on my computer, maybe bioware tuned the audio with some crappy headphones or onboard audio and cheap speakers. The audio itself is excellent quality, but the levels they are played at is a bit wierd.

Hm, I'm having the same issue on my "crappy headphones" though my crappy headphones are wired through a Soundblaster card... hm... so maybe yeah, maybe that is the "problem."

Edited by SliceAntilles

Can't say I noticed any engine noise in the republic fleet the 2 times I've visited it since 1.2.

Nor do my companions sound like they are speaking through headsets, regular audio as per usual except now it seems when on my ship companion commentary for crew skills have their source coming from the companions physical location on my ship... where as pre-1.2 the source was localised to my location not the companions.

However since 1.2 I do have frequent directional audio issues when audio will cut out completely or become intermittent when the source moves to the sides, SFX clipping where half way through combat suddenly my lightsaber hum and attack impact sounds will vanish and start up again after awhile then vanish again but gun fire effects are still played consistently and similar such things.

Tried changing my sound card settings from 5.1 to stereo both with and without virtual surround simulation, also tried 'matrix mode' from the speakers themselves which takes stereo audio and simulates 5.1 (Logitech X-540) and all cases suffer from the problem.

Edited by Tikigit

Sounds to me as though they changed the sound output from User to 3D sound( by your explinations) . I'm no expert on the Hero Engine but what you are explaining is usually the case with other engines I have used. Easy enough for them to fix, it's usually just a check box then server restart.

signed for fleet, and sound cutting in and out. Also when a wz finishes it sounds like my speakers are distorted and that's never been an issue. Logged out, cranked up i tunes and theres no issues with my speakers......

side note: my snipers ambush sounds like garbage now too

I had random talking NPC's from god knows where (there were no NPC's standing near me) interferring with my talking to a quest NPC.

Any idea how annoying it is to hear jibberish talk at the same time as my quest NPC opens it's mouth. Had to turn on subtitles because I could not understand anything due to everyting blabbing at the same tine.

I had random talking NPC's from god knows where (there were no NPC's standing near me) interferring with my talking to a quest NPC.

Any idea how annoying it is to hear jibberish talk at the same time as my quest NPC opens it's mouth. Had to turn on subtitles because I could not understand anything due to everyting blabbing at the same tine.

This has been around since beta.

When you pass by NPCs in conversation with each other if you leave the area before the exchange is over, the game client actually stores the next line of dialogue for what seems to be a random period of time before it plays it... be it when you're in the middle of a quest dialogue or just wandering around in the middle of nowhere.

I have noticed that since 1.2, companions will often store commentary that they were unable to play due to the combat ending, and the stored commentary will then get played when the companion tries to speak overriding what they were supposed to say, such as going on a crew skill mission, being replaced by another companion etc.

I sent Doc to sell my common items and he shouted "Kolto tank incoming!" then vanished. :D

Edited by Tikigit

I'm having sound issues too. For me, the lightning or shock sound effect seems to get stuck in a loop and stays in the same location on the map. It's also very loud. I fought an enemy near a base and the sound kept looping. As I went and did a mission, it happened again during a boss fight and the loud lightning sound kept breaking the dialogue from playing during a conversation. When I came back to the base, the sound was still playing near the beast I attacked earlier. Quitting the game and re-entering cleared the sounds from looping, but did not solve the problem. The dialogue of my companions sound distant sometimes too. Edited by Tevious