Social X

GreenLantern

Hi everyone, we had recently discovered an issue that allowed these items to be used in ways detrimental to other player's gameplay and have taken the temporary step of removing them from availability. We are in process of determining further steps and will likely alter their functionality before putting them back in or replace them with a different but still cool reward. In the meantime, their value has been changed so that they can be sold back to the vendor at no loss. We apologize for any confusion.

Thank you. Kudos for doing the right thing despite the prospect of an inevitable QQ storm.

Those things are as annoying as the damn train in Wow. At least with that you could buy a train-wrecker to kill it.

If you do decide to bring them back, please consider an "Opt-Out" setting so you can be forever immune to it if you choose.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its "my" avatar. I don't want anyone else controlling it.

No, it doesn't cost me anything but annoyance, but why should I get annoyed, when "you" spam it outside of a RP / cantina event?

No it's BioWares "avatar". Nothing about it is yours. They own everything about it.

Also, not all of us who had a Party Bomb spammed it.... I only used it after downing HM boss @ end of raids. And if someone in my guild disliked it, they'd of vocalized it on Mumble. People would change into outfits and have fun with it because they were proud of beating a hard boss and enjoy my Party Bomb. I'm sorry if you think this game was made soley for you, wake up call, it wasn't.

im nowhere near social X. so it doesnt affect me at all....but man, i feel sorry for those that are. bioware try to encourage grouping but then remove the rewards?

poor social light only armour. now they REMOVE items? why remove things from a MMO? if it isnt broken, you should always be adding to the game. shocking. feel sorry for you all.

I've got no problem with features like this as long as they don't interrupt what I'm doing. For example, if I'm in combat, it shouldn't interrupt my casts/abilities, and if I'm checking my mail or searching the GTN, it shouldn't close my windows. The only reason the train in WoW was annoying is because it was so loud. People need to loosen up. In games just as in life, it doesn't pay to be an uptight control freak.

This^

Than remove it from just RP servers.... The dumb CS replies are all in RP form.. I am on a PvE server, I want a person to talk to me like a real person, not RP as a droid. You don't see me asking BioWare to Ban CS droids because they're RPing on a non-RP server? People are so self centered.

I would really like these social items to be back in the game ASAP.

I trust that they are going to redesign the item and how it works, but they should have announced it on the patch notes or something. Actually, I'm noticing that they've done a lot of small but important changes to the game, but have not announced those changes on the patch notes; well anyway, that's a different discussion.

Hi everyone, we had recently discovered an issue that allowed these items to be used in ways detrimental to other player's gameplay and have taken the temporary step of removing them from availability. We are in process of determining further steps and will likely alter their functionality before putting them back in or replace them with a different but still cool reward. In the meantime, their value has been changed so that they can be sold back to the vendor at no loss. We apologize for any confusion.

Hello,

my galactic party bomb and party instigator was removed, too. I spent countless hours and now it is gone..thanks Bioware. As you can see, it is no bug, I just reseived an answer for my ticket:

We apologized if the Party Bomb and Party Instigator was removed, since 1.2 patch had just recently started. Our Developers might have something on their sleeves in the future that will make the Social level be useful again and bring back the fun in the game.

So, the yellow post, a ticket response, and a twitter post somewhere, BW said that they were going to redesign those items and other mechanics, now let me just reiterate what we the players think on how you can redesign that awesome feature you took from us -_-:

( Most ideas here did not come from me, and sorry if I'm not able to credit the people who originally posted these.)

- Make a button beside the social bar that allows the player to toggle if your character will or will not respond to mass social emotes.

- Restrict or moderate these kinds of items and social skills, er, abilities, ONLY on RP servers. Please leave non-RP servers alone - we usually won't mind. Maybe be stricter on the roleplaying adherence on the RP servers?

- Disallow use of these abilities and items on relevant locations such as PvP areas and maybe unfinished Ops/flashpoints, idk.

- Rebalance the cooldowns of these items and abilities. Maybe also make other items/abilities that counter AoE effects like these, like dat train wrecker on da wows, well that's if you're gonna add something like that annoyingly good train here on SWTOR.

Please BW, we need that baaack~ T_T.

I really think that "aggressively pursuing" social levels is the problem with the whole social system in the first place. Gaining social levels should be as painless as gaining legacy xp.

gaining legacy xp is pretty damn painful

It is said this broke on the PTS (people would drop it, and those inside it's radius were frozen unless mounted or if they manually typed /dance) and they removed it as they couldn't repair it -- not necessarily a result of qqing. As they say... they'll be replacing it with something else if not putting it back in the game.

You know what was worse than the party bomb?

/train in WoW around the AH would make a deafening noise on my PC and sounded about as pleasant as drag queen nails on a chalkboard.

The party bomb is in that same category or /train and the picolo that made people dance, just slightly less annoying.

/train in WoW around the AH would make a deafening noise on my PC and sounded about as pleasant as drag queen nails on a chalkboard.

The party bomb is in that same category or /train and the picolo that made people dance, just slightly less annoying.

Party Bomb makes no sounds, and you can run or mount or simply do nothing and it doesn't prevent you from doing ANYTHING. I don't see why people find it annoying...

A-A!

U think it wrong. This bomb and that train @ aren't in a same category. Why? Because u can avoid the effect. If u don't knew this, next time u can ask or read on internet from that thing what u dont like or ... just pull out the cable. :p ( If i know it right, u can smash that train now, because blizz are realized that item isnt was too funy, but the item still aviable. My guild in Tor realy liked this bomb and the party after the raids or premade warzones if we won etc..)

/hug :rolleyes:

It is said this broke on the PTS (people would drop it, and those inside it's radius were frozen unless mounted or if they manually typed /dance) and they removed it as they couldn't repair it -- not necessarily a result of qqing. As they say... they'll be replacing it with something else if not putting it back in the game.

Aha. I know if Bio want to fix the problem they can do it. This items were removed because the peoples cry about it.

But if the things go on this way i waiting for that time when the human raical is gone away too, because that have a similar effect just less time.

But ok the people dont like funny things. I know this now :eek:

I hope this new what the Bioware want to replace instead of bomb it will be a reaaaaly cool stuff. The social and the valor ranks are need some support in the game. Mabye we can buy more fun items for that in the future. I see a vendor with fun pvp trophies or... Ah ok i wake up! :D

Edited by Eldzsiah

I'm personally glad Bioware removed the "Party Bomb." As I've read through the many posts on this thread I noticed a trend among many of the comments. Those that are angry must have really enjoyed using this social item, an item that you weren't using as the devs intended it to be used. You're a little overly worked up about this item being removed from the game, which is... suspicious :)

Enjoy the game as it was meant to be played.

Have a nice day.

Edited by StillOne

You wrong.

I hate that fken train and singing sunflower, but Party bomb is very cute and innocent! :) I really miss it. :(

I just have to say that I generally agree with this thread.

The Baron being taken away kind of just makes it look like you were desperate to generate content so you took something that almost nobody had access to and made it more accessible...

The Part Ball I think I might actually get and SOMEWHAT sympathize with... it was causing lag issues for some players yes? Fine, I will give you that one and be satisfied if you give something in return!

So now, 1.2 is coming and i'm thinking "holy crap, new pets and vehicles and all this other cool soc X stuff!" Then, I see absolutely nothing...

Oh wait no, we get emotes that other players who DID NOT earn soc X can get... that made previously breaking our backs worth it! Plus, they are just crappy emotes! Not awesome mounts or party balls! Give us something equally cool and exclusive. I suggest pets, mounts and maybe even companion customization... make ship droid look like an assassin droid? (IG-88) (4-LOM) or perhaps, give my an albino baby rancor lol! Come on! give us real, exclusive and worthy of the effort we put in items!

Tsaerkon, 50 SW pure blood on Drooga's Pleasure Barge :wea_03:

I'm personally glad Bioware removed the "Party Bomb." As I've read through the many posts on this thread I noticed a trend among many of the comments. Those that are angry must have really enjoyed using this social item, an item that you weren't using as the devs intended it to be used. You're a little overly worked up about this item being removed from the game, which is... suspicious :)

Enjoy the game as it was meant to be played.

Have a nice day.

You sir are wrong and misinformed in so many ways that I can't give you a response worthy of justification.

Can we remove all speeders from fleet? They are detrimental to gameplay by adding extra video lag (exhaust animations) and many of the players owning the larger vehicles use them to cover mailboxes and vendors. In line with the party bomb fix, we request nay demand complete removal of all speeders, everywhere.

Edited by RocNessMonster

I agree with the whole speeder thing. The party bomb I thought was funny and it looked like people enjoyed it. The giant speeders on the other hand are one of the more annoying things. The GTN is constantly surrounded by people in large speeders. Heck, I have one of the large speeders and I never use it, I prefer using the one I bought from the lightside vendor. I'll admit, the only time I use my giant speeders is when I want to annoy people. I pull it out and park on top of a group of people, and I get a number of comments telling me to move my speeder and people being annoyed by it. When using the party bomb I got zero negative comments and many comments asking me where and what level was needed to get it. Using giant speeder many comments telling me to get it out of the way, no comments asking where to get it.

You sir are wrong and misinformed in so many ways that I can't give you a response worthy of justification.

Rutrict ..looking back on many of your posts through the past couple months has led me to believe you're a negative nancy. As the Party Bombs Advocate you are suspect in my opinion. :)

Again, the removal of this social ability was due to its misuse, ultimately causing its removal. I won't pretend to be as 'informed" as our friend Rutrict here. I pay my sub, I log in, I enjoy myself. I do not log in and disrupt other players activities, conversations, transactions etc etc

I am for the removal of all similar items from the game. I have my preferences, some have others.

Edited by StillOne

Rutrict ..looking back on many of your posts through the past couple months has led me to believe you're a negative nancy. As the Party Bombs Advocate you are suspect in my opinion. :)

Again, the removal of this social ability was due to its misuse, ultimately causing its removal. I won't pretend to be as 'informed" as our friend Rutrict here. I pay my sub, I log in, I enjoy myself. I do not log in and disrupt other players activities, conversations, transactions etc etc

I am for the removal of all similar items from the game. I have my preferences, some have others.

And I am being the negative one? Instead of making both the players who like and dislike these items happy ...you'd instead have them removed VS having the ability to select a box that prevents them from affecting you? Oh I get it, you want the game to cater to you and only you. Gotcha.