Very disappointed in Digital Deluxe items. Not as Advertised.

Hexplosive

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree on all points by OP.

very lazy of bioware to make the holodancer the same model as every other holodancer in the game. makes the item feel very nonunique. i actually dont mind the color crystal color scheme, but the fact that it becomes very quickly obsolete is a huge flaw. The STAP has been great as a level 20-40 vehicle, but as others have said, whats the point of it after 40? 20 levels does not take super long to burn through. the holocam is useless from level 1. i have a print screen button, i don't need an ingame item taking up an inventory slot to do the same thing zooming in and using keyboard button can do. the flare gun is fine. i like it. the complaint that it should be useable indoors is dumb. its a FLARE GUN. does it make sense to fire flare guns indoors? no.

heres the crux of the matter - the deluxe edition items shouldnt give players any real advantages over non deluxe players, but they should also be fun and useable at any level. the STAP, and the color crystal, arguably the two most valuable items deluxe users were looking forward to, become obsolete and actually hinder and put players at a disadvantage for using past a certain level. that simply is just not in the spirit of what a deluxe edition item should be.

Edited by Sharma

I am totally sad about the digital deluxe, i regret the money spent on it and it make me like this game less.

I would never touch these item and ask for a free month if i could have the choice right now.

You do know that we all got that free month.:rolleyes:

Also this thread is good since I was thinking if I should upgrade to DD from the normal pre-order. Guess not then.:)

deluxe and ce items in any mmo have always been vanity items, they aren't meant to give you an advantage in the game. if you thought otherwise, you misread the information and brought in your own assumptions and expectations.

Vanity items would be great. The problem is they give you a disadvantage if you use them! The color crystal has stats on it and is very very low level. If you use it at max level you are losing out on stats. Mount same thing you cant ride it around at max level 3 or 4 years from now and have people say wow where did you get that mount unless you want to go 10% slower than everyone else.

No one wanted competitive advantage (no one with a brain anyway) but we did/do want items that you can use for the duration of the game without gimping yourself. Seriously who would money for items you can use for a week if your a casual player (the color crystal) which then puts you at a disadvantage.

Also feeling cheated if you couldn't tell.

Vanity items would be great. The problem is they give you a disadvantage if you use them! The color crystal has stats on it and is very very low level. If you use it at max level you are losing out on stats. Mount same thing you cant ride it around at max level 3 or 4 years from now and have people say wow where did you get that mount unless you want to go 10% slower than everyone else. (...)

Yes you can. RIFT did it, once again.

At some point later after release they changed the CE mount so that it matches the speed of your best mount. Which means that you still need to buy an epic mount at lvl 50 if you want your CE mount to reach this speed.

So at lvl 50 your CE mount doesn't end useless and you still have to pay the same price as everyone else to be able to get the "epic speed".

Edited by demotivator

I totally agree, i bought the CE and am now thinking what did i pay all that money for. Mount definatly needs to scale with skill or just be higher, pet need sorting out (not as advertised), was totally gutted with the colour stone being stuck with the one color (same as everyone else). If anything they should of all had a totally seperate and unique colors from the other editions or at least the option to pick a color from a list of rare color schemes different for each edition. And the vendors... I have to say the vendors was the one added extra that got me to buy a CE and what a let down, that i even have to pay crappy prices for crap im not going to use as it's not class appropriate., you could of atleast thrown some decent stuff in there for each class and for the extra price we payed towards the CE itself i was half expecting them to be free, I'm not dressing my sith up in Imperial troop gear, there should of been gear apropriate for each class, but i do like that fact there Modable.

I think the general feeling with the whole CE is that where not happy, we didn't get what was advertised reguarding ingame items, and i think some changes need to be made.

We would like to be able to use our rare items years from now without it being a downgrade (Mount, Colour Crystal)

Edited by True_Rune

I agree +rep to you.

BW should make the CE and deluxe version all the same for in game. CE's only difference should be that it has actual physical items where the deluxe has only the digital ones. After I redeemed my registration code they asked me If i wanted to pay 19.99 to upgrade. I almost said yes and am willing to even if they change the price to 29.99 I just want some of those CE digital features!

No, no they shouldn't, sorry but if you wanted the CE stuff, you should have dished out for it.

For the life of me I cannot believe that people are complaining about virtual items in a video game.

I just can't wrap my head around it.

If ever comes a day that I start making forum posts complaining about the in-game "fluff" items, will be a day that I walk away from gaming forever.

You got what you paid for. Now enjoy the game, there are more important things to cry about in this life.

For the life of me I cannot believe that people are complaining about virtual items in a video game.

I just can't wrap my head around it.

If ever comes a day that I start making forum posts complaining about the in-game "fluff" items, will be a day that I walk away from gaming forever.

You got what you paid for. Now enjoy the game, there are more important things to cry about in this life.

We paid extra money (the real world kind) for that fluff. The items that resulted for that money are underwhelming. I feel like I wasted the extra cash.

I totally agree. My collection items are completely useless and extremely sad. But worst of all - CE seller. He has only one set of ugly armor. In the most VIP area is nothing interesting.

So cheated, I've never not felt myself.

We paid extra money (the real world kind) for that fluff. The items that resulted for that money are underwhelming. I feel like I wasted the extra cash.

I own 3 Collector's Editions and one Digital Deluxe Edition. I got exactly what I paid for.

Just because your opinion of the items isn't a good one, doesn't mean you didn't get what you paid for. If you want things to be exactly what you want, I suggest you go make your own video game.

I'm perfectly happy with the items. Why? Because they're just "fluff" and I have more important things to whine and cry about.

Bumped because I feel ripped off by the deluxe edition.

The training droid does nothing. I paid an extra 30 bucks for crap that is now taking up my bank space.

Please fix the items to at least reflect what you advertised, charge backs are easy to do and in this case I feel it may be warranted.

It's all distinctly underwhelming for $20 though.

The Holodancer is the same one you see in all the cantinas and stuff, you can just place it anywhere.

The training droid seems to have the sole purpose of harassing (or amusing) hostile players, as it is only usable on enemy humanoids, and all it does is circle them while blinking some lights.

The holocam is just a screenshot function that goes first person.

The flare gun is kinda neat, actually seems like it casts light too...but it shoots up so high in the air that it's hard to get any kind of use out of it at all. On taris, for example, if you're standing next to one of the undercity pillars, it'll go right through the floor above. Using it anywhere indoors is thus right out, since it goes straight through the ceiling.

The color stone is ugly, and equivalent (and better) normal crystals can be acquired around level 15. (but all pre-orders get it, not just DD/CE).

The VIP Wristband? I can't see how it's worth 1 mill at the moment if I'm honest. All that's up there are a bunch of NPCs, a jukebox, a cantina vendor that sells the same things as the one downstairs, a 'VIP Vendor' that sells a level 50 landspeeder for 1.5 mill, and the CE vendor. So far as I can tell, the wristband basically just lets you buy that speeder.

So the only thing in the entire package that's actually worth anything substantial is the STAP...and that only because they made the Lhosan Racer level 40 instead of 25 right before launch.

I could not agree with you more...VERY underwhelming.

I own 3 Collector's Editions and one Digital Deluxe Edition. I got exactly what I paid for.

Just because your opinion of the items isn't a good one, doesn't mean you didn't get what you paid for. If you want things to be exactly what you want, I suggest you go make your own video game.

I'm perfectly happy with the items. Why? Because they're just "fluff" and I have more important things to whine and cry about.

Bottom line is not all the items do what we where told they would do, or will not stand the test of time as usable CE rare items

You may have the money to splash around but not everyone does, and we'd of liked to have gotten somthing for our money that we could use in years to come. There is a massive differance in price for those few fluffy extras and they should be worth while.

What were you expecting the training droid to do? Act as a second companion and add dps to the fights?

That'd be pure pay to win, and everyone would need one just to compete.

The mouse droid is a companion, the training droid is not. Period.

You have to activate the training droid for every enemy because it disappears after a few seconds, so it's closer to an ability than a companion that you won't even use because you have other abilities to use. Then, quoting the description: "A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance."

Where is the assistance? Honestly I was not expecting the droid to add DPS or at least nothing really worth it, but what assistance is it actually providing? What I expected was nothing but some information on the target, like for instance the special attacks that your target can use or its weakness, that was the assistance I was expecting. The way it is right now it doesn't assist in any form.

Edited by demotivator

Whether all the naysayers like it or not, you could, theoretically, do a chargeback on your credit card for the amount of certain items, as it's NOT what was advertised, as I plainly explained on page what? 9?

Now that is the ONLY thing you could do a chargeback about and could chargeback like, 20 cents. But still. :p It would also get your credit card not able to be used for Star Wars ever again :)

Caveat Emptor and all that.

I agree +rep to you.

BW should make the CE and deluxe version all the same for in game. CE's only difference should be that it has actual physical items where the deluxe has only the digital ones. After I redeemed my registration code they asked me If i wanted to pay 19.99 to upgrade. I almost said yes and am willing to even if they change the price to 29.99 I just want some of those CE digital features!

Lol then why would anyone pay the extra cash? No dude. The CE peeps should get exclusive cosmetics. Just like everyone who preordered got the exclusive color crystal.

Firstly: I love SWtOR. I am enjoying the game thoroughly with friends.

I am however very very disappointed in the digital deluxe items. Specifically: The training droid is -not- as advertised. In the comparison chart here http://buy.swtor.com/us/ you can see and click on the training droid question button. The training droid is listed as a virtual pet that will hover at your side to assist in combat. Instead we got a silly item that does NOT act as a pet and can just be used to float around an enemy. The training droid is nigh on useless this way. Enemies die so fast whats the point? Please please reconsider this Bioware and give us our training droid as the virtual pet it was promised as.

Also the STAP transport is disappointing too. The STAP has gorgeous artwork and is an awesome transport but becomes useless very quickly as it is only a 90% mount. Between the pre-order color crystal and the STAP our big ticket items are useless by level 20 and 40, its very very disappointing. Please consider making the STAP scale with our riding level. (Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

And the color crystal... is even more useless than it was rendered when it became a stat stone. With the item modification system now most items you receive in low levels cannot have their color crystal changed.. by the time you get to use your fancy pre-order color crystal it is nearly obsolete. Please consider at least letting all weapons have a color crystal mod slot... even greens.

Again, I love SWTOR. I know a lot of people (especially CE buyers) Will think that the extra 20 dollars spent on the digital deluxe is nothing.. but I also know there are a LOT of people to whom 20 dollars is a lot... we'd really like our 20 dollars worth and at the very least get the items we were promised (i.e the training droid virtual pet)

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

edit: a Link to the training droid picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/trainingdroid.png/~Ivy

Funny enough, I was reading, lol, almost ALL the pages here. My take on this is this:

I have to agree 100% with the OP for the very simple reason that from SWTOR's official website:

Digital Deluxe Edition:

These items are included as bonuses for the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Flare Gun. The Flare Gun is a small cosmetic device that allows you to fire a particle flare high into the sky above your character’s head.

Training Droid. A small but advanced piece of machinery, the Training Droid will hover by your side as you explore the galaxy. The Training Droid will also serve you in combat, marking your target with a particle effect that clearly identifies them as an enemy.

HoloDancer. The HoloDancer allows you to take the party with you in your travels and can be deployed at almost any time by activating the HoloDancer and targeting the ground near your character.

HoloCam. The HoloCam lets your character take high-resolution images of the countless wonders that they will discover on their journey across the galaxy.

STAP. The STAP, or Single Trooper Aerial Platform, is a custom-skinned vehicle that you will be able to acquire at no cost to you. The vehicle itself will become available once your character gains the ability to pilot vehicles.

This IS false advertising and illegal here in the states. Now, if BW comes out and says that they are going to give it a "fix" in a patch, then that is fine but and this is important, they have not, as of yet, even said anything to the community. In law, the issue to be addressed here is: the "letter." With the letter of the law, was anything blatantly abused or broken? Here yes - they said one thing and provided something else - breach of contract. For those of you who are saying, "stop whining" what did you expect. I say, I EXPECT the company, Bioware, to hold up their end of the contract and deliver what they promised. If you go to a store and see a stereo and buy it, bring home the box, unpack it and there's a brick inside, will you keep it or return it? It's the same thing - the principle was violated. We're examining the principle of what happened here. This of course creates what's called "buyer's remorse." And unless BW does something to remedy this, then I can guarantee, many people will think twice, about buying another product from them. 1) This is NOT the best way, from a business point of view, to keep customers; 2) The game just came out after HOW LONG OF A WAIT??? Come on, how about building a loyal client base and keeping everyone happy by delivering what you promised. The "silent treatment" is not a good political ploy.

Me personally, I'm disappointed with this as well. As stated many times over by others who played Rift, we got "value" items when we signed up. Now, I can understand that this is a new game and maybe the devs haven't finished a lot of things in this area but say something and let your fans, who, by the way, pay a sub and keep you in business..., know that you are working on this and all will be good. Granted they are "fluff" but a little fluff makes peeps very happy and happy peeps = continued subs...

Edited by DarthSublimitas

Funny enough, I was reading, lol, almost ALL the pages here. My take on this is this:

I have to agree 100% with the OP for the very simple reason that from SWTOR's official website:

Digital Deluxe Edition:

These items are included as bonuses for the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Flare Gun. The Flare Gun is a small cosmetic device that allows you to fire a particle flare high into the sky above your character’s head.

Training Droid. A small but advanced piece of machinery, the Training Droid will hover by your side as you explore the galaxy. The Training Droid will also serve you in combat, marking your target with a particle effect that clearly identifies them as an enemy.

HoloDancer. The HoloDancer allows you to take the party with you in your travels and can be deployed at almost any time by activating the HoloDancer and targeting the ground near your character.

HoloCam. The HoloCam lets your character take high-resolution images of the countless wonders that they will discover on their journey across the galaxy.

STAP. The STAP, or Single Trooper Aerial Platform, is a custom-skinned vehicle that you will be able to acquire at no cost to you. The vehicle itself will become available once your character gains the ability to pilot vehicles.

This IS false advertising and illegal here in the states. Now, if BW comes out and says that they are going to give it a "fix" in a patch, then that is fine but and this is important, they have not, as of yet, even said anything to the community. In law, the issue to be addressed here is: the "letter." With the letter of the law, was anything blatantly abused or broken? Here yes - they said one thing and provided something else - breach of contract. For those of you who are saying, "stop whining" what did you expect. I say, I EXPECT the company, Bioware, to hold up their end of the contract and deliver what they promised. If you go to a store and see a stereo and buy it, bring home the box, unpack it and there's a brick inside, will you keep it or return it? It's the same thing - the principle was violated. We're examining the principle of what happened here. This of course creates what's called "buyer's remorse." And unless BW does something to remedy this, then I can guarantee, many people will think twice, about buying another product from them. 1) This is NOT the best way, from a business point of view, to keep customers; 2) The game just came out after HOW LONG OF A WAIT??? Come on, how about building a loyal client base and keeping everyone happy by delivering what you promised. The "silent treatment" is not a good political ploy.

Me personally, I'm disappointed with this as well. As stated many times over by others who played Rift, we got "value" items when we signed up. Now, I can understand that this is a new game and maybe the devs haven't finished a lot of things in this area but say something and let your fans, who, by the way, pay a sub and keep you in business..., know that you are working on this and all will be good. Granted they are "fluff" but a little fluff makes peeps very happy and happy peeps = continued subs...

That's exactly what I said. If you pursued it, you could actually get BioWare into legal trouble over the droid. The problem is, the costs involved are simply not worth it (unless you go the class action route, assuming you can get a lawyer to agree over a 20 dollar bonus item), it's easier to simply cancel... But a lot of us would rather see BioWare do the right thing and simply update the item to match the description.