Where are all the Mod Stations?

Iraas

Okay so, as the title says, where are all the Mod Stations?

So far while levelling I've been to Balmorra, Nar Shadaa, Tatooine and now Alderaan and despite having it tagged in my world map, I can't see one Mod Station in the starting zones where the Mod Vendors are.

As a result I've probably spent 50k or more on Modding my gear.

Any ideas where they are?

Thanks.

So far while levelling I've been to Balmorra, Nar Shadaa, Tatooine and now Alderaan and despite having it tagged in my world map, I can't see one Mod Station in the starting zones where the Mod Vendors are.

Thanks.

Mod stations aren't necessary. They function the same way that ctrl+right clicking an item works.

Thanks.

And you will continue to spend money modding your gear. The mod stations do not change that. They are a left over from Beta, not removed because they may have a function in the future.

Mod stations aren't necessary. They function the same way that ctrl+right clicking an item works.

As you will note, the fact that I have spent X credits on modding shows that I know how to CTRL-Right Click.

Mod Stations let you mod for free as opposed to spending 10-15k per gear item to remove mods. At least thats what happened on the starter planet where the Mod Stations were introduced.

(Wish some people would actually read and comprehend before posting.)

Edited by Iraas

Mod stations definitely do not reduce the cost of modding. It's free on the starter planet because you don't pull any mods out. You just place them in. Which is always free anyway. Edited by aarka

As you will note, the fact that I have spent X credits on modding shows that I know how to CTRL-Right Click.

Mod Stations let you mod for free as opposed to spending 10-15k per gear item to remove mods. At least thats what happened on the starter planet where the Mod Stations were introduced.

This function was removed, or radically nerfed, I believe.

You will pay to use a Mod station.

i saw some1 saying that in chat a few days ago aswell.... so i went to koriban (with one of my lvl 50 chars) my starter planet and wanted to test it myself. as soon as i removed one mod out of my chest part it came up with them..."it will cost you XXXX credits". i stoped there cause for me it looks like you still have to pay even that you use the mod-station

That's simply not true mate. Unless they changed something recently. I performed several tests, and it costs exactly the same to pull mods from gear no matter if you do it with CTRL + Right click or on a table. Putting mods in gear is always free.

I think originally you couldn't use ctrl-right click and had to use a mod station, but they just never removed them. I think if you use a mod station you should be able to mod for free, or at least at a massively reduced price :/ Edited by NasherUK

Ah well, looks like I was under a misunderstanding/misinterpretation from Korriban. My bad.

Would be nice if a feature like this was included at least for pre-50's.

thats true, would be a nice feature...

or atleast if they would change it to:

100% of costs if you do it CTRL+Right click

50%-75% if you use a mod-station

It only costs credits, if you pull some mod out of the item - not replacing it with another one (and therefore destroying the previous mod), which usually happens during leveling.

I seldom had any need pre-50 to keep any mod where I got a new, better one instead.

• 6 months later...
I think originally you couldn't use ctrl-right click and had to use a mod station, but they just never removed them. I think if you use a mod station you should be able to mod for free, or at least at a massively reduced price :/

YES, i agree. Mod Satation shoudl offer a benefit to be being used, it'll make them relevent.

YES, i agree. Mod Satation shoudl offer a benefit to be being used, it'll make them relevent.

It's really nice that you like to raise the dead....BUT...you necro'd a thread where the last post was in APRIL to say THAT? Seriously? When a simple search would have informed you that they do indee have a function now...they allow you to add augments.

Yikes :rolleyes:

Yes, I was going to say - don't you need a mod station now to add augmentations slots to items?

They really need to add a mod station to Nar Shaadaa since there are GTNs there where you can buy, you know, augmentation slot upgrade kits, which you then have to travel to fleet to install. :rolleyes:

I have been playing this game for about 2 months and have only now realised (after reading this post) that I don't need to find a modding station to mod. I have been making trips to the fleet ,and while there running between the trade terminal and modding station to get mods put in and removed. Feel like such a noob

• 4 years later...