Who else is camping?

Necrosia

I'm in Australia... The servers are meant to be up at 11:00 here for us..

Which means i can get 1 or 2 hours in before sleep .... This is unless they don't allow us to download the patch before release.....

Then I might have to start it and go to sleep early... sigh.

for??? Legacy?

Good for you. Takes a little more to get me excited. It's cosmetic at most.

Although I will download it before my sub runs out it's not the jesus patch I heard so much about.

how would you even know? the patch notes are not even available yet.

Edited by ChillWinterheart

I wish I didn't have to work today, so I could enjoy 1.2 early on.

I played on the test server some, and liked what I saw.

There will still be the haters that will hate the patch, EA, BioWare, and life in general. I bet even a few will think we are nuts for liking the game.

Edited by Docsis

You'll be camping for a while then.

Something I picked up reading a yellow post after finding today I cannot proactively download the patch in readiness for the servers coming online....

If you want to wait until tomorrow and play when 1.2 is deployed to the servers, you can close your client and restart it tomorrow after the patch is deployed (approximately 8AM CDT).

I assume the intention of this statement was 'when the game servers come online (approx 8am)', but I guess you can also read it literally in that the patch won't be deployed until 8am.

They really do need a communications manager in that company.

for??? Legacy?

Good for you. Takes a little more to get me excited. It's cosmetic at most.

Although I will download it before my sub runs out it's not the jesus patch I heard so much about.

Legacy, New Warzone, high res textures, color matching, crafting overhaul, massive class changes, new pve, new armor tiers, ui overhaul, hundreds of bug fixes

Yeah im excited.

Edited by Zoggel
Rude

Legacy, New Warzone, high res textures, color matching, crafting overhaul, massive class changes, new pve, new armor tiers, ui overhaul, hundreds of bug fixes, Why show up to a thread to be a negative tool? Dont like the game BYE BYE

Yeah im excited.

Totally totally

You'll be camping for a while then.

Something I picked up reading a yellow post after finding today I cannot proactively download the patch in readiness for the servers coming online....

Quote:

If you want to wait until tomorrow and play when 1.2 is deployed to the servers, you can close your client and restart it tomorrow after the patch is deployed (approximately 8AM CDT)

I assume the intention of this statement was 'when the game servers come online (approx 8am)', but I guess you can also read it literally in that the patch won't be deployed until 8am.

That quote was aimed at people who accidentally patched yesterday when someone released the patch files onto the launcher. It's not to do with normal patching today.

Once they are happy they'll add the files again

Edited by Farcough

I'll try it in a few hours, I worked late so here I am.

On a side note BW really should add a "i'm bored troll orum" for cases like this and just make sure things don't get sub 10 IQ level.

I'm camping out first in line... waiting for the patch data to become available so I can go to sleep and wake up with it ready to go

Going to give it another 1/2 hour I think, may go to Starbucks but i'm not sure...

HA!!! I thought this was an interesting thread! I'm not alone!!! lol :D :D :D

:sy_empire:

Well, since it's late morning here and I'm doing the housework...I check hourly to see if it's up yet. I have an pretty lousy speed and would like to get it started as soon as I can so I might be able to get in an hour or two today.

Likely not but I'm ever hopeful.

Yes it was out of a post to do with early downloads, but I think you missed the point.

In the 'workarounds' offered, one was to wait until 1.2 is deployed. They clarified the deployment timing in brackets (8am).

Now make the mental leap to understand that there is only one deployment of 1.2., and regardless of what post it was in, it is in fact relevant.

Did I really need to explain that? Perhaps i just got trolled...

They have PR people but it doesn't matter.

You can perfectly describe and explain something and a significant portion of the people you are communicating will still hear what they want to hear and not what you actually just said. People tend to translate information in light of their own agendas.

You also can't rule out that there is a good deal of stupidity.

Ever wonder why they have to put a "DO NOT EAT" warning on those little packets of silica gel found in new shoes, purses, etc?

I'm letting it download while I sort through an online reservation system and figure out who mucked it up since I wrote it and why it's suddenly doubling the reservation numbers causing their restaurant locations to blow out their labor costs.

Ahhhhh what fun. You gotta love the intermittent phantom issues that only occur on rare occasions.

120 MB left @ 200KB/s!

ye well THANKS A LOT SWTOR i dll-ed the patch w8ing for the servers to be back up so i can play and .. i just called in sick at work..... damn u and u r changes :).

All in all the patch seems good so it was worth going "sick" one day.

P.S: any chances of u guys paying my 1 day of work ?:p

Don't care about cosmetics, don't care about crafting, don't care about PVE content... the life of a pvp'er must be really boring.

Im a PvPer and still im excited about the patch, if the ranked WZs arent ready yet, then its better wait than have something unfinished and see the foruns populated with moaners (even if they still are like our good friend that you quoted).

Still there is plenty more than pvp, i for one im curious about the new FP and the new OPS.

However there is one thing that i would like them to "nerf", the HC4 quests... lately is getting harder and harder to find ppl to do them, especialy while you are levling.

Edited by Can-Vi