Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we have no current ETA for Ranked Warzones to be implemented, as a full development/testing cycle needs to be completed, we're hopeful it'll happen before the next major Game Update (1.3).

So you guys didn't know until several hours before 1.2 goes live that it could take another few months before you'll have it correct - and thats only a hopeful maybe? Really?

Disappointed but, I see no reason to cry over something they deem not ready. Actually I am us to devs pushing out broken content. Admitting its broken and holding it back doesn't happen every often in the MMO world.

I don't see the issue with this at all.

If it's not ready, then it's not ready.

Would you rather have it buggy, and unbalanced? Or complete, and balanced do to your input?

Really what's the issue here?

This is an MMO, things like this happen all the time.

Be patent...or at least try to be...

I don't see the issue with this at all.

If it's not ready, then it's not ready.

Would you rather have it buggy, and unbalanced? Or complete, and balanced do to your input?

Really what's the issue here?

This is an MMO, things like this happen all the time.

Be patent...or at least try to be...

I already lost 80 members in my guild, how longer i should be patient? :D

Even now, they should put the rated 8man queuing back in with full disclosure and warning that it is incomplete at times and buggy, ask the players to help them refine and tune it up within a couple weeks.

They have 4 hours to fix their mistake.

Question is, do they care about their player base enough.

So you guys didn't know until several hours before 1.2 goes live that it could take another few months before you'll have it correct - and thats only a hopeful maybe? Really?

they knew it wasnt going to be ready, they just milked it out as long as possible before announcing in order to get more people to sub/stay subbed for rateds

Disappointed but, I see no reason to cry over something they deem not ready. Actually I am us to devs pushing out broken content. Admitting its broken and holding it back doesn't happen every often in the MMO world.

Deeming this update not ready is not the problem. How and when they deemed it not ready is the reason you and I are posting in a 100+ page thread.

AMEN. This is absolute trash.

This is the most ******** move you could make!

One most anticipated features of the patch you cut out ONE DAY before the patch?! really?

Bit spoiled, aren't we? And every single post like this, too.

Pandaria <- That way. I won't miss you.

they knew it wasnt going to be ready, they just milked it out as long as possible before announcing in order to get more people to sub/stay subbed for rateds

That was more rhetorical then an actual legitimate question ;)

Exactly. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Release Ranked Warzones with issues and we have another Ilum debacle. The players will complain that it's broken.

Hold it off for further testing to make it better and people will still complain that now its taking too long. I feel for ya BioWare, I really do.

P.S. Yes, I am a fanboi and proud of it. Thanks. :D

Exactly. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Release Ranked Warzones with issues and we have another Ilum debacle. The players will complain that it's broken.

Hold it off for further testing to make it better and people will still complain that now its taking too long. I feel for ya BioWare, I really do.

May i offer a 3rd way they could go?

They could just use that 4 month from launch they had to develop it properly. ;)

6 year development and 4 month live service without any meaningful PVP content cannot really be called rushing something can it?

Fraud, false advertising, lying to your customer.

This is what it says in the 1.2 patch notes.

The patch notes published for the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change. Currently, only English notes are available, but French and German versions will be published when they are available.

So features and new options can be changed or pulled any time if they are not ready or something similar.

Edited by lokdron

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.