Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

It's a good idea for them to make sure all the bugs are out of it before they launch it. Look at the mess they had at launch, would you like to be dealing with bugs all day while trying to get gear? For all those that unsubbed good you are the reason people hate MMO's.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give in to your anger, let your hate turn you. The dark side will make you stronger and more powerful than ever before.

But in all seriousness i get some people are angry about the 11th hour announcement, but stop acting all entitled and get over it. The feature is not ready to be rolled out yet then fine, i would rather it works as intended than badly.

This is a new MMO there are going to be bugs and there is going to be some evolution in how things work, if you can't wait for the amount of time it takes for them to fix it (it could only be a matter of days before some features start rolling out) go back and play WoW or some other game that has been out for SEVERAL YEARS.

Seriouslly, are you a sith master? Because I really feel like being your apprentice right now :p, well said.

There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly.

"Let me take a look at my to-do list for today... Kick some puppies - done, shove some kids - done, shout at elderly - done, leave toilet seat up - done. Oh, right, cut out some features from new SWTOR patch, I almost didn't make it in time... done."

Be honest, we all know this is exactly what happened.

;)

Edited by Elear

I'm still waiting for my Lv 50 Marauder to be copied over to the PTS so I can help with PvP testing... That was approximately 3 or 4 weeks ago when our ENTIRE guild filled out the online submissions and BW never had the decency to even send us a reply. And you wonder why your rated PvP and everything for our side of the house gets all F*ed up? You can't be mad at the community because you refuse to let us help you, even though we are still PAYING you money to play a damn Beta. Utterly ridiculous

BW this is exactly how you do it, if its not working right, get it right. I truly doubt most of the rage quitting being displayed here anyway. I also believe there is a certain sect of people who can not be happy with any news PERIOD.

Yepp.

Had it gone live in a broken state you can be sure the same people would have their little rage-trip anyways. You'd be seeing posts about bugs and how rated warzones is "an epic fail."

Or wait, who am I kidding. BW obviously did this out of spite! Yes, they have something against ME personally... :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm pissed off at this push back. Even though I do understand holding it back until it is polished, shiney and ready to go, BUT I DO NOT agree with hyping this all this time and the entire community being so excited for this aspect and then just giving us a big fat slap in the face... Remember your commuinty is your meal ticket.. you screw us... we screw u...

All these people unsubbing because it's not going to be put in with 1.2...

That's why it was in testing, they tested it, it wasn't ready. So, they're going to wait a little while and work on it so it's ready for all the people who wanted it to enjoy

Edited by FalcoLombardi

ok i understand that they want to make it to fully work and they will not add it in 1.2 but....

the game needs badly LFG tool, bug fixes and they spend so much time for meaningless legacy tree, legacy LOLabilities and new RP emotes, so sad!!!!!!!!

I bet we don't see rated until cross server queing can be implemented. The population on some servers is just too low for the rated thing to work properly.

I doubt it has much to do with Cross realm servers, Val. :)

If it had then the solo queue would had been implemented atleast, there are enough players for this - just to fill 8 men teams is an issue, but this wont be fixed either when the xrealms are up, as you must find players on your server....

Work on re-instating Ranked Warzones has already begun, and is the highest priority for the PvP team right now.

Unfortunately this is unacceptable. This should be the highest priority for the studio with all hands on board, not just the PvP team. Intermittent PvE content releases is not what keeps people coming back; dynamic gameplay and content does which is what (99% of the time) PvP is or suppose to be. Ranked warzones were the dynamic feature and now its gone. PvP had literally been a stagnant, scum filled pool and ranked warzones were the much needed running water.

With the already month delay of this feature (1.2 as a whole even) and now the absolute last minute nature of its removal destroys any hope that PvPers had for this game and gives EVERYONE the assumption that Bioware is just greedy like EA, waiting for people to resub just to get their money only to pull a major, key feature out from under them; true or not. Everyone KNEW rated warzones weren't tested enough because not enough 50s were copied over (Biowares fault) and everyone was begging for Bioware to do something about it which you never did. This was not something to be decided last minute, it should have been decided weeks ago when it was realized there was no was any adequate testing could be done on rated warzones.

Edited by HamoAgabar

Terrible.

Broken Ranked Warzones > No Ranked Warzones.

Terrible.

I remember reading on Scott Hartsman's blog (RIFT Producer) that broken/buggy/imperfect content is always better than no content in MMOs. Never was that more true than it is here, heh.

LOL at all the crying, see you when they release it. All this fake rage is amusing tho.

Fake, lol? TERA comes out in 2 weeks, its not like there isnt another game to go play. Next week is open beta, it has world pvp and GvG pvp, this is just a good excuse to give it a shot.

I understand your frustration, but that's just not the case.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.

I believe the decision was made recently. I do take you at your word. However, the lack of foresight to actually push the feature through was extremely lackluster. The only reasons I'm okay with this decision is because my server population is already low enough that we stuggle to have more than one match going for the majority of the day (though it did surge in the last two days) and because I already canceled.

The bigger problem is the hype you guys seem to be pushing. I saw it on the panel at PAX. I don't know if you got the logos, pathos, and ethos lesson when it comes to public speaking, but you need to halt the insane ethos going into this game. Telling everyone that you want to make sure they are getting their money's worth and then pushing back stuff makes the reaction far more brutal. At some point, you actually have to make good on those statements. Promising things like that in hopes to get people to stick around is going to make their backlash nasty when you fall short (just as it did in this thread).