Inquisitors/Consulars... we all OK being the only pair to lose our level 46 ability?

Felioats

Mind Fumble - The target enemy is so confused and clumsy they fumble their weapon aim. For the next 10 seconds the enemy has a chance of hitting themselves or a random enemy in the group with their attacks. Works on Strong or lesser enemies only. Hitting the target breaks the effect, Counts as an aggressive act to grouped enemies.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you put in its place? We might not replace it with anything (or at least not any time soon), but I'd still like to hear suggestions.

seriously............you have lurked for how long and suddenly appear on the dev tracker a day or two before 1.2 and pick THIS class and THIS question to go with "hey, we're open for suggestions! :)"?.....i am disappoint.

Edited by chillinvillain

I am a level 40 sorc, so the "nerfs" that occured for our class during patch 1.2 didn't seem to affect me that much. I actually appreciate that Dark Infusion takes less force to cast, even if it takes a little longer. Since I only reached level 40 yesterday, I only just now realized that our Revivication is a "true" aoe and that I must use the mouse to target the group of people I'd like to heal, which is kind of inconvenient for my play style since I play on a laptop and hotkey everything. This concept is great for raid content and it is really versitile because you can heal a group of people outside of your party group - which is awesome! However, since I though it would be a true group heal, it kind of made me have to rethink how I would heal myself through a fight (currently we have to target self or mob in order to self heal at all). So, my suggestion for any furture abilites is that sorcs get a small group heal that we can hotkey out - it would be nice if it were an HoT. I don't care at what level we get it, maybe you already have it planned out for level 60, 70, or 80, I don't know, but knowing that we will get one would be nice. This way, I won't have to target myself to heal myself and can focus on healing my tank for the most part.

For the Assasin, I would suggest prolonging the Whirlwind ability slightly, not as much as the sorc gets, maybe a 30 sec mez. This would really help with CC.

Thanks!

What would you put in its place? We might not replace it with anything (or at least not any time soon), but I'd still like to hear suggestions.

Why did you take it away without a replacement? Why didn't every class have their Epic ability taken from them in the same manner?

I would like to suggest two possable ablity for the inquistors/consulars.

One for consulars force persuaion and inquistors mind domination both ablilty trun

one standard or weak enemy to a friendly ncp that will help you for one minute

but apply a debuff that prevents that same add from being controled for twice

the cd of the ablilty.

Two for the inquistors/consulars a cast and forget aoe that apply a stacking debuff.

That deal X amount of damage that increases by 25% per stack maxxing out

at 3 stacks for Y seconds.

Edited by Ravenooe

I would like to suggest two possable ablity for the inquistors/consulars.

One for consulars force persuaion and inquistors mind domination both ablilty trun

one standard or weak enemy to a friendly ncp that will help you for one minute

but apply a debuff that prevents that same add from being controled for twice

the cd of the ablilty.

Two for the inquistors/consulars a cast and forget aoe that apply a stacking debuff.

That deal X amount of damage that increases by 25% per stack maxxing out

at 3 stacks for Y seconds

If you're going to have the audacity to use a large font, have the decency to use spellcheck.

There are two abilities from lore that I'm sure many people would love to see in the game - whether that is to replace Unity, or down the road in some future patch/expansion.

• Absorb/Dissipate Energy. The Consular/Inquisitor takes hostile energy coming at him/her and converts it for a friendly use of some sort. One way to do this with the game mechanics would be to mitigate a % of incoming energy damage and regen X force over Y seconds.

• What I'll call "epic parry." Allow the Consular or Inquisitor to use his/her saber to block Force attacks that deal Energy or Kinetic damage. (ie Obi-Wan and Mace Windu blocking Force Lightning with their sabers) This could make our classes' PVP rivalry even more obvious and fun in animations as we occasionally show off and frustrate each other with a block of Telekinetic Throw / Force Lightning and similar abilities).

Edited by shark_megabyte

How about a damage mitigation ability that doesn't require a companion? Aren't we the only class that doesn't have any damage mitigation cooldown (if you don't count Unity which I don't because it can't be used in endgame because of the companion requirement)?

I was a little annoyed.. it's like LOOK AT THIS AWESOME NEW LEGACY SYSTEM! LEVEL UP AND PAY CREDITS TO BUY BACK AN ABILITY YOU ALREADY PAID FOR TO TRAIN!

... wait.

Would have been nice to have a new ability granted. After all, the class was originally balanced with said abilities, now everyone can have it..

But, it is a minor annoyance. I used it during tough class quest fights and not much else TBH.

Earlier I implored you for a lightsaber ability so the Sages/Sorcerers would get to use theirs for something.

But if that doesn't happen -- bring back Force Slam. It was featured in the Consular preview videos and inspired an epic megathread titled "Force Slam the person above you." It had to be restarted over and over due to size.

For a replacement, something that appears to be needed post-patch is either:

* Defensive boost - seem to be squishier now.

* Healing boost - ditto

FWIW - have never seen Tumult light up for battle; not saying it has not happened, but I have it right up front next to Stuns and Interrupts, and have yet to use it.

What about force push?

I know warriors/knights have it, but its a force power. It make little sense to me that the Jedi classes and respective AC that focus on learning force mastery cant use this ability that thoughtout the SW universe (movies, games etc) all force sensetives seem to able to use.

Level 48 - Smuggler/IA = AOE attack over time (similar to Sage's Forcequake)

Level 46 - Knight/Warrior = Saber Throw

Level 42 - Knight/Warrior = AOE stun

Level 42 - Trooper/BH = No resource cost on next skill

These are the only skills available to the base classes between levels 37-50. All other skills in that range are either AC skills or unlocked via the talent tree.

Of these, the saber throw seems to be the best concept to directly port to the Consular. Perhaps, rather than a straight shot, it could be a boomerang throw that hits targets in an arc.

Other ideas:

- Instant cast, self-heal over time. Something like 15% health return over 10 seconds on a 1 minute cool down. (Not usable while shielded)

- Skill that doubles the cast-time of any skill with an induction for a 3x return on base power, so a 3 second cast becomes 6 seconds, and instead of doing 1000 base damage or healing you do 3000. 3 minute cool down, no effect on channeled or instant cast abilities. For shadows, this could be a flat 2-3 second induction on the buff skill itself, followed by the next skill used getting the damage buff.

- Skill that allows you to detect hidden enemies within a 10m radius of yourself. Must be in-combat to activate.

I agree Unity and Sacrifice could be replaced by something more dynamic and concept (suggestions follow). To keep class balance, they should not be replaced by offensive or damaging abilities: my Sage really does not need any DPS boost (with Telekenetic and Balance skill trees, I often do twice the DPS of some).

I agree that a Lightsaber maneuver and a Force Push are missing from the Jedi.

Without being offensive or damaging, these would give a breather (especially for those with Light armor). For example, it could be a flurry of lightsaber defensive moves around the Jedi, where he/she cannot attack for a while but is in a circle of protection for a moment. Tactical use: to gain time while others arrive or while other abilities are on cool down, and/or to gain Force points.

A Force Push would of course be good. Force Wave is a form of it, but a Force Push would a) send the enemy a good 15 feet/5m away and b) be used on a single target or only in the current direction.

A replacement ability? That's a tough question. I know as a Sorcerer-healer I always felt rather weak, particularly in PvP, and had a hard time healing properly even before the nerfs. (I'm still trying to convince my guildmates that I'm just a terrible healer, but nobody else wants to do it.)

Anyway, some sort of defensive boost would be welcomed. Since consumption (and I assume its Consular counterpart) now always cost health, perhaps just a large force-burst with a long cooldown would be nice.

Personally, I'd really like a toggle ability for some sort of lightning shield/armor, but I'm not sure what a suitable drawback to such a useful ability could be.

(And this is totally unrelated, but why is sprint not a passive ability? Does anyone ever turn sprint off?)

I'd love to see something that has a channel (or it can have a talent in tanking tree to remove said channel) and a stun duration + damage side like how force choke works....

EXCEPT...

It can be called Force Gravity or Grave Force or something like that, and it's animation would be to lift the opponent into the air with the force (by a leg, arm, or neck) and then swing him back tot he ground, making a shockwave (does not need an aoe or splash effect unless numbers can be balanced to do so) and a crater. It would make the inquisitor and warrior feel a bit closer together....

Consulars can use Piercing Nerve or something like that and instead, the consular would reel the guy in and then flip (still holding the guy in a force-hold) and smack the enemy into the ground. Since it's a force hold, it can be used at range like the inquisitor version... and it's not as vicious to go with the good-guy jedi idea. Also, it will feel more active to bring the knight and consular closer together

Mind Trick

An actual mind trick wouldn't work, BUT there are some ideas on how to make it work.

MIND TRICK

Range 10m

Cooldown 5 minutes

Force Cost 25(shadow) 100 (sage)

You trick the mind of your enemy, making them see you as a friend for the next 8 seconds. 25% of all damage dealt to you is converted to health.

OR

You trick the mind of your enemy so the next time they target you with a Crowd Control Effect it will last for only 1 second and completely fills your resolve bar .

OR

For the next 8 seconds, all healing done by the target will give half that amount to you. All damage done to you by that target will deal half that damage back to the target.

OR

For 8 seconds the target cannot target you with any skills or effects. After 2 seconds, dealing damage to the target will break this effect.

Sure, might need some tweaking to get them balanced, but I'd like to see something like this.

Given that sorcerers and sages are supposed to be fragile high dps classes I think a skill that either increases surge, or a increase in dmg for thundering blast and death field ( note you cant have both of these at the same time) would be really nice as all dps classes can now have bigger hits than us, a mercenary even hitted 7.3k with the new heatseeker and experise. Meanwhile the we can't even hit 5k hits.

Well, I haven't had the motivation to play my Sorc since 1.2's nerfs.

I don't suppose you can put in a button to undo the 1.2 nerfs, can you?

In all seriousness, I really like the suggestion to put in either a ranged lightsaber boomerang attack (I don't like having a pretty-pretty stat stick, either) or some sort of Force Push/Pull ability that works on ENEMY targets.

Not that you'll listen, but give me something to DEFEND myself with, please? Maybe some sort of damage mitigation so that I die in 30 seconds instead of 25? After all, now that chain lightning is gone from wrath, I've been reduced to 1-on-1 attacks unless I want to stand there, patiently waiting to either throw my spell or die horribly.

OH OH. I know, a button that sends an electric shock to the chair of the dev who thought nerfing inq's and con's was a WISE idea!!! It'll be the most POPULAR ability ever!

To replace the ability I only used to torture my companions? Erm.. Sorcs could use a Force-blind ability. Not one that stuns or incapacitates someone but makes them not render on that person's screen. Clouding the mind with the power of the force. It would function with the same mechanic as stealth but only work on one target. So if you are jumped by a Jedi you can force blind him and escape before he rips you apart with his amazingly over powered melee abilities.

Maybe you could just give us a power that lets us reset the cool down of force speed when our companion is out? So it won't actually change anything in PVP but would make doing dailies faster?

You could also give us a button to make force lightning not suck total bawls. That would be nice. Or a shield that actually stays up more than one attack in PVP, or an ability that lets us wear armor values above "wishful thinking"

Can you tell we are pissed about how you hosed us in PVP yet?

Mind Trick

MIND TRICK

That is a great idea, or a mind trick like I focus my tank. He loses agro and the boss starts chasing a DPS. I click mind trick and the boss is taunted to the target of my focus. For both healers and DPS that would be a GREAT thing to have a "He's over there!" button. It would make switching tanks in the boss fights easier too. Your healer could add a taunt for those sticky moments.

Also you could give us an ability that we pop, it makes the next heal with a cast time instant cast and doubles the person being heals threat for 10 seconds or something like that.

Edited by Coyotecalls