The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

gizbug

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But seriously, even with only 65 people on the Imperial fleet (which is a slow night btw), I never have a problem finding a group for Flashpoints and all Warzone brackets are nearly insta-que. I mean c'mon, what more do some people want?

You must be a healer...

bioware silence on this is a disgrace, internally their management needs some serious attention. Their lack of communication on this is frankly amazing.

They gave us some very brief answers a few weeks ago, but have been silent since. I see they have gone back to hiding under their desk waiting for management to give them permission to post on the forums again.

I wonder if they will let me freeze my subscription time and save my 98 days for after they make their moves,whatever they may be, to address the problems . I'd be just fine not being able to log in and keep my 3 months of play time for when I can really enjoy it again.

Like I said, Diablo III next week. What would I rather do? suffer with low pops or go check out D3?

Honestly - I'd rather go read a book then play D3, which looks pretty Meh. Seriously though, it's not GW2, or D3 that will kill TOR, it's the low server Pops that make experiencing multi-player content difficult. People are going to eventually go find other things to do, regardless of the next big game on the horizon. There's nothing more frustrating than sitting on Fleet, and waiting, what a waste of time and not fun.

I swear, if people would just DO IT, they'd see the difference and realize how foolish it was to sit on their old server, no matter HOW many legacy levels they had.

I logged off around 10:15pm and there were 214 people on the Republic fleet.

But then they would have no reason to come to the forums and cry cry cry!

I rerolled onto a diff server a few weeks ago, had over 20 legacy levels on my old toon... it took me less than 1-1/2 weeks to get to 50 and another 2-3 weeks to get almost full Rakata.

But then they would have no reason to come to the forums and cry cry cry!

I rerolled onto a diff server a few weeks ago, had over 20 legacy levels on my old toon... it took me less than 1-1/2 weeks to get to 50 and another 2-3 weeks to get almost full Rakata.

TOR is a game designed for casuals and most of us simply don't have as much free time as you do to start over.

TOR is a game designed for casuals and most of us simply don't have as much free time as you do to start over.

To be honest we pay money and we invest time in our MMO's why because of lack of forsight from the company that should be looking after it's customers should we invest more time in 'replacing' or starting over on a new server?

This lack of population on servers is a HUGE issues as it affects so many aspects of the game for it's players not just as a community but when it comes to game economy as well. We shouldn't be the ones to implement the solutions by sacrificing characters we've spent hours on, not only completing content but getting gear as well!!!

So the better solution is to wait on a dead server playing a terrible version of what could be a fun game if you only would re-roll and take matters into your own hands?

So the better solution is to wait on a dead server playing a terrible version of what could be a fun game if you only would re-roll and take matters into your own hands?

Best option most likely is to move to another game. And try to pick a game where they actually care about their customers before you do big time/money investments.

Low population debacle started in january and nothing has been done so far to adress the issue. Inexcusable.

Right now I'm on a server that is relatively dead, despite being one of the mid-range population servers listed on torstatus.net.

I'd like to start playing on a more populated server, in the hopes I can transfer my other characters and Legacy over to join my new character later, but Bioware has been silent for weeks on the how or when specifically this is going to happen.

I'm worried that if I start playing on a more populated server, then you guys end up doing server mergers instead of transfers, or transfers only to certain servers from certain servers (i.e. I can't transfer characters from my old server to my new one) I will have essentially lost all that.

On the other hand, if you ARE doing server mergers by rolling in less populated servers into mid range servers, maybe my server will end up not being so dead once it happens and there is no need for me to play on a new server at all and I'll just have to wait a bit to do things like group quests and flashpoints or operations.

Either way, right now I'm a holding pattern that is preventing me from playing anything at the moment, and I know I'm not alone in that, so any update you could give us would really, really be appreciated.

We shouldn't have too. they should have had a system in place for this.

or go the smart route and not start with so many servers. I would much rather have queues then a dead server. Bioware dropped the ball but what can we expect when a lot of people that work on this game came from Mythic. even Stephen Reid came from Mythic, so the bad customer support should have been forseen as well.

We shouldn't have too. they should have had a system in place for this.

or go the smart route and not start with so many servers. I would much rather have queues then a dead server. Bioware dropped the ball but what can we expect when a lot of people that work on this game came from Mythic. even Stephen Reid came from Mythic, so the bad customer support should have been forseen as well.

BioWare DID have a system in place for this since beta. However, some last-minute additions to Legacy broke it, so they had to rewrite it. If anything, blame QA.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

The whiners whined at launch when lots of servers had queues. Bioware responded by raising server caps and adding servers. But, as always, the whining doesn't stop, it just finds a new direction.

Now, whiners whine about NOT having a server queue.

The silent majority on your *ALERT: sarcasm* "ghost server" */sarcasm* doesn't want a server merge, they're too busy NOT sitting around on the fleet twiddling their thumbs and spamming.

I have 3 Republic 50s on a decidedly Imp-heavy server that hovers between Light/Standard, and I have a Sith on The Fatman I've toyed with off and on for 3 months (he's on Voss). I've seen both "sides" of the coin.

Why isn't the Sith 50 after 3 months?

Because I'm not sitting in an "effing" queue, for one thing.

The fleet lags there.

General chat there is an abomination, and I'm not talking about just the fleet.

He's Sith, after all, they're the bad guys.

I'm too busy playing on my "ghost server" Republic characters.

Server merge? NO. Not needed. Quit crying.

Paid server transfers? I don't have a problem with this at all! I'll not begrudge someone from joining the "winning team" if they so desire, plus it generates a little extra revenue for Bioware. However, until they're available, a wise man in another thread offered these two options:

1) Reroll

2) Unsub

I, along with most of the "silent majority", don't give a rat's rectum which option you choose; as long as it means one less whiner whining about one less thing on the forums, we win.

I love those that would call themselves the majority, and do it on the basis of being silent. This is just rhetorical fanboi crap that isn't constructive and doesn't shed a light on anything but your ignorance. This was a good game destroyed by poor management, pure and simple. The fact that multitudes of people, including myself, are on here and concerned, means they see the merits of this game warrant requesting again and again for something to be done. Eventually, we will give up and you and your rat's rectum can be alone together.

Edited by Hooee

By the way, from Twitter:

@Rockjaw Will 1.3 be hitting the PTS soon or are we still a ways off from it?

Stephen Reid ‏ @Rockjaw

We're getting closer. And yes, free transfers will be available.

This kind of confirms my suspicion that transfers will be here before the LFG tool. Or, at the very least, at the same time.

No, the better solution is to do something else with your time.

Read a book, watch TV, play another game, do something outside, etc. After leveling two characters to 50 (which took 5 months), it’s was obvious on the second character that other than the Class Story, leveling is very repetitive and re leveling your class to 50 would force repeating even the Class Story. Leveling on planets like Nar Shaada wouldn’t be fun a 3rd time, and people won’t play a game that’s not fun. A healthy server population that allows us to experience multiplayer content is not too much to ask, but “START OVER” isn’t a reasonable expectation, or solution to low server pops.

I'm in a holding pattern ATM, hoping for the best.

Edited by Torcer

No, the better solution is to do something else with your time.

Read a book, watch TV, do something outside, etc. After leveling two characters to 50 (which took 5 months), it’s was obvious on the second character that other than the Class Story, leveling is very repetitive and re leveling your class to 50 would force repeating even the Class Story. Leveling on planets like Nar Shaada wouldn’t be fun a 3rd time, and people won’t play a game that’s not fun. A healthy server population that allows us to experience multiplayer content is not too much to ask, but “START OVER” isn’t a reasonable expectation, or solution to low server pops.

I'm in a holding pattern ATM, hoping for the best.

Short sighted they were, much pain they cause..hmmM.

They're waiting too late to do anything now, the damage is done, players have already left (over 400,000 last I read from EA).

Not much point in putting in transfers months after the game has already started dying, there SHOULD have been a plan from launch, they had to have known their million and one servers wouldn't all stay full ffs.....geez.

Short sighted they were, much pain they cause..hmmM.

They're waiting too late to do anything now, the damage is done, players have already left (over 400,000 last I read from EA).

Not much point in putting in transfers months after the game has already started dying, there SHOULD have been a plan from launch, they had to have known their million and one servers wouldn't all stay full ffs.....geez.

Well, I wouldn't say "short-sighted", since BioWare had server transfer software ready before the game even launched.

Whoever made the decision, or let pass (QA I'm looking at you), the last-minute Legacy features that broke the server transfer software is who needs to be lashed.

I logged on last night for the first time in a week or two and my fellow guildie (note singular) commented "Oh other people are still playing then" insert sad face

It really made me feel hacked off with Bioware for killing off what is an amazing MMO. Not having a facility to transfer charactors easily in MMO 101 these days. To make matters worse the 25% in my view is a lie as I think they included accounts with play time active. Even if it's not the 20 or so people that I know who purchased SWTOR are all about ot play D3 and GW2, except about 2 of them.

:confused::eek::eek::mad::mad:

EA already reported a 25% drop in subs. The free month was simply a ploy to keep that number from being more like 35% or 40%. Not only are subs down, but play time from the remaining subs is down. These things add up to a crap MMO experience for most of us.

If they won't merge servers they will have to drop the sub cost or go F2P to bring in new players.

I have been scanning servers all over and i have noticed many with only 1-10 people on primetimes.

The main problem is that bioware did have the right idea to open many servers for stress tests, the problem was is that i don't think they were ready for those who were "just trying" the game, or those who may swap servers, or those who stopedp playing. It created a huge inbalance across many servers, and a lot of people don't want to have to redo all of their work and do not want to reroll on a new server. Those people are being forced to wait for server merges and the more time they have to wait the more likely they will cancel their sub. Hear that EA? Cancel their sub, that means less money for you. I'm sure that one statement will make you all realize that server merges need to be one of the biggest priorities. Not in two months, not in one month, the next patch, asap. The longer you wait the closer to killing tor you will be.

Edited by Kayse

Hello everyone,

This thread has been recreated because the previous version has exceeded our post threshold of 1,000 posts. Please continue to use this thread for any discussion related to whether or not there will be Server Merges.

A reminder that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct that:

• Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.
  • Flag, don't fight. Use the "flag" feature to report posts to our Community Team if you see someone breaking the rules – don't respond to them!
  • Don't make spam posts like "first," "in before the lock," or "bump."
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.

For related discussions, please see the following threads:

Please also see Dallas Dickinson's reply to the April 27th Community Q&A:

Thank you for understanding.

SERVER MERGES, not character transfers. THAT is why it is in ALL CAPS. We ask about server merges, and you respond with character transfers.

APPLES AND ORANGES

SERVER MERGES, not character transfers. THAT is why it is in ALL CAPS. We ask about server merges, and you respond with character transfers.

APPLES AND ORANGES

Nah. Rift, last year, did NOT do merges. Instead, they transferred everyone off of the dead servers and shut them down. It's less buggy, less convoluted, and works INFINITELY better than any merger ever has.

So, please, for the love of all that's smoothe-going, stop asking for buggy mergers.

Thank you.