10pm downtime? Really?

Staavis_SC

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about more than that.

If this was a F2P MMO, no big deal. I'm not paying for the service, so they can bring down the servers anytime as far as I care.

But, here, I am paying for a service. The service is, access to their servers.

They set an established downtime window, they should live by it.

I'm an engineer. I deal, in precision. Precision measurements, precision estimates, precision in schedules and delivery dates.

I expect those that I do business with, to do the same.

Consider for example: Season tickets to the <INSERT NBA TEAM HERE>

You buy those tickets, with the expectation to gain entrance to the game, upon turning the ticket over at the gate.

If the team decides to suddenly change it's starting times to 3 in the morning, when you can't show up, you'd be a little peeved, wouldn't you? In fact, if suddenly, you had no use for those tickets because of the time change, you'd likely demand a refund from the front office, would you not?

:rolleyes:

So you payed for playing. Icould understand you whining and compare if you NBA team played 24/7 and they scheduled a brake on tuesday at noon, and you went to watch the brake and missed 2 hours!

pffffffffffff

wait,

for months us ppl are saying QQ to eu ppl when they whined about evry downtime during our real peak times (14 pm - 20 pm)

and now those same ppl whine because they have one downtime wich is slightly inconvenient?

lol :)

wait,

for months us ppl are saying QQ to eu ppl when they whined about evry downtime during our real peak times (14 pm - 20 pm)

and now those same ppl whine because they have one downtime wich is slightly inconvenient?

Thanks, that was EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Honestly, I am more than satisfied that THIS time WE got a normal time for our server downs :-)

wait,

THIS...

These same Americans that awwww, we so sorry you in Europe and get bad times on maint, wish we could help, NOW QQ about an actual patch and they can't play past 2200 hours, LOLZ

...oh, and TY ANET for REGION LOCKING GW2 so these people stay far far away!

Edited by NevesNET

Aww man all this fun wore me out about 4am..... that was pg 17... how long can this sad excuse for a ME ME ME thread go on... incase peeps hadnt noticed the OP left the discussuion right about his/hers apparent Primetime... I'm guessing if we all take a deep breath and listen we could likely hear the zzzzzZZZZZZZZ coming from the West Coast vicintiy around about now....

I had fun, it made me laugh tears of laughter, but .. You all need to get your rest so you will be fresh and ready to write all the hate threads on Thursday / Friday (yes that includes you OP... cos I sense there are demons inside ya just scratching to get out and unleash more of ya personal fury......

Enjoy the GAME!!

The downtime suits me in England :) lols that the americans get shafted for once, they get everything first, and all the attention. Yet they complain when when something doesn't go there way.

Besides its hardly a huge ask for you to wait a few hours and miss 1 night of play time to get all the great content coming in the patch.

What!?!?!?! Never?!?!?!? QQ

But seriously is it so much to ask that they call me personally and find out when they best time for me is for them to apply this update? Is it so much to ask? :rolleyes:

Bioware you insensitive monsters!!!!

THIS...

These same Americans that awwww, we so sorry you in Europe and get bad times on maint, wish we could help, NOW QQ about an actual patch and they can't play past 2200 hours, LOLZ

...oh, and TY ANET for REGION LOCKING GW2 so these people stay far far away!

I was chatting with a work mate that plays TOR as well and we were wondering what is the percentage of trolls/haters/add kids that are actually american. We agreed to at least 50% (and a good 40% being british of course....)

Edited by mutharex

Umm no... You said you're losing 2 hours, not a full day.

So that means $15/30 = .49

.49 / 24 = .02

So you're losing a whole 8 cents a month.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAH

And he said he is an engineer? Engineer of what exactly?

It's about more than that.

Consider for example: Season tickets to the <INSERT NBA TEAM HERE>

You buy those tickets, with the expectation to gain entrance to the game, upon turning the ticket over at the gate.

If the team decides to suddenly change it's starting times to 3 in the morning, when you can't show up, you'd be a little peeved, wouldn't you? In fact, if suddenly, you had no use for those tickets because of the time change, you'd likely demand a refund from the front office, would you not?

You don't watch many sports do you? Try the English Premier League, games get reshuffled more than a poker deck. Changed for cup games, European games, television coverage, bank holidays , international games, weather, on-field incidents etc etc etc,

or maybe tennis or cricket, where games are called off and rescheduled due to rain.

There are plenty of examples.

I was chatting with a work mate that plays TOR as well and we were wondering what is the percentage of trolls/haters/add kids that are actually american. We agreed to at least 50% (and a good 40% being british of course....)

50%? i would consider it being around that, since most players of TOR are american (law of averages wins) but 40% british? I doubt that very much, we would be around 15-20% as we have Germans, Spanish, French and Italian players too, not to mention australian and asian which dilutes the amount a lot. Now if Britain was actually just a little smaller than the US then yes I would say 40%.

And the 40% of the British are just doing their duty complaining about everything (stereotyping FTW!)

At least the game will be up when I get out of bed (hopefully)...

Gotta hate screwed sleeping patterns due to being a full time carer (for the grand sum of £58/week)

Could care less about 1.2. It's all Carebear garbage fluff for the most part.

I do care about the 10 p.m. PST downtime though. That's effing annoying and cuts directly into my prime gameplay time. It's bad enough that every maintenance run hits us at Midnight while we are playing as well. 10 p.m. is garbage.

I was sick last week and logged in to play some SWTOR in the early morn (9 a.m. PST). There were 14 people in Fleet at the time. Why can't they just push the maintenance into the early morn. Definitely were less peeps playing early morning than the 40 peep average in Fleet at Midnight.

Because that isn't the only server?

Why the sudden change to 10pm as a downtime? You've already alienated the West Coast, New Zealand and Australia in the past, by shutting down at Midnight, now, you gotta screw over the West even more, and go at 10pm?

The downtime is 8 hours, same as every other downtime. Why the early shutdown? Why move it more into primetime?

Oh, and @StephenReid....3 days notice? Looks like about a 1 day notice to me, but then again, they didn't teach them new fangled math-e-ma-matics at my grade school, high school or college.

Quit whining, C U Next Tuesday.

We were told we'd have 3 days notice of 1.2. Apparently, that was a lie.

Proof or never happened. And don't give me that Stephen Reid tweet cause first it's not official and second he said "As a general rule of thumb we often give at least three days' notice. Generally..." Note the "GENERALLY" part in there. He never said that they'll do that for 1.2. So unless you have a DevTracker post, yellow on blue, you're talking bullcrap.

Go find something else to do. Like...gee i don't know...SLEEPING??? It's patch 1.2 not a weekly patch, i'd understand if it was (no not really), but it's patch 1.2 so suck it up, grow some ballz and get a live.

Also, I've noticed that speakers of British English (I'm including South Africans and Austro-New Zealanders) spell it "whinging" while American English spells it "whining". Is that observation correct? Where does this come from? Are they pronounced the same? From my American viewpoint, based on spelling alone, I would pronounce whinging like hinging (win-jing) and whining like dining (wine-ing).

We just have a larger variety of moaning words. To whinge and to whine. Pronounced like singe and well, wine (we do like a silent H <or aitch>).

Proof or never happened. And don't give me that Stephen Reid tweet cause first it's not official and second he said "As a general rule of thumb we often give at least three days' notice. Generally..." Note the "GENERALLY" part in there. He never said that they'll do that for 1.2. So unless you have a DevTracker post, yellow on blue, you're talking bullcrap.

Go find something else to do. Like...gee i don't know...SLEEPING??? It's patch 1.2 not a weekly patch, i'd understand if it was (no not really), but it's patch 1.2 so suck it up, grow some ballz and get a live.

It doesn't really matter because James announced it last week. And I've been told no one actually corrected his statement. Of course he is the Boss, you probably don't want to correct the Boss.

Edited by JerokTalram